Part of the Whole
[html]

Word Count +3:: OOC.

He had just finished speaking with Tharin and Fayne, and he knew that waiting would be a bad idea. So he was quick to search out Shadowfang. He knew the dark warrior would be near the den site, but not at it; solitude seemed to be his only protection right now. But Zalen could sniff him out, and as he tracked him down, he thought on what he might say to him.

Zalen was concerned about Shadow, about his well-being. He was a pack brother and the Alpha cared deeply for him, but he knew that part of what he had to say would not be easy for the male to hear. Amy had to be brought to justice for what she had done and the others considered her punishment to be nothing less than death. As much as Zalen disliked the idea of taking the life of another, but in this case he knew there to be no other choice.

As for the part about Insomnia, Zalen was not sure exactly what he would say on that. He knew what it was like to lose a loved one; his mother and adopted brothers had been killed at a young age. It hadn’t been until he had met Soran and Titania that the pain of that had really gone away, and now even Soran was gone. Loss was a part of life, and Zalen had learned that the best thing to do was to focus on the ones around you instead of fixating on what could have been. How could explain this to Shadowfang?

The male’s scent was getting stronger, and Zalen knew he was close, but he didn’t want to just barge in one wherever the man was. So he lowered his head and let loose a low, guttural call that was like a mix between a howl and a whine, and for Shadow’s ears only.

<style type="text/css">
.z2 b {font-weight:bold; color: #eaf3f7; letter-spacing:1px; }
.z2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #eaf3f7;} .z2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.z2 {margin:0px auto; width:408px; background-color:#6d717a; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... zalen2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.z2 b:before {content:open-quote;}
.z2 b:after {content:close-quote;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 5+, OOC: welcome buddy!

Shadow's mind was like a raging storm within him, is fire and spirit of being a warrior and an assassin mixed with the pain of loss of not only a little of pups but of Insomnia and soon his friend Amy was to much for those weak at heart to take. It look a powerful will to go on and not just end it in the quickest way possible. Shadow breathed calmly and he bounced as he punched the stone a couple more times and he had wraps around his hands as he worked on the immovable object. The rock was his pain and his soon to be lost friend, the rock was a symbol of what was, what is and it stopped him from moving forward. He had talked to many members of the pack and all of them seemed to worry about him, Tharin was iffy but that was Tharin and Fayne she of course was kind and she even stopped him from pushing the sword to his neck. He looked over to a tree, to his stuff placed at it's base and he then looked back to the stone and laid into it twice more. Pain was an illusion, pain didn't exist...pain was a lie and it only made one weak. Pain could be beaten back.

He had been training none stop since before and while and after he talked to the pack members and he kept at it. It had been days almost straight that he had been working on strengthening his muscles and his mind, his heart and his soul. He worked on making his pain threshold that much higher and he worked on focusing his anger and all that pain into this rock. Only if he could crack this boulder would he be ready to move on, to go through with life and search for other things. He was so focused on training that when he heard the heart felt howl to him he dropped his arms. He knew that howl it belonged to the one man, his ebony colored brother who he respected and the same brother who was going to be the one to kill Amy and make her pay for what she did. He almost lost all focus and a tear would threaten release but he slammed his fist into the boulder again and looked down for a second. His yellow and blue eyes slowly turned to look to his leader and Alpha and he fell to one knee and dropped his head and his tail followed and his right arm rested on his right knee cap.

"Hello....Zalen...It's an honor to see you after so much time has passed...Forgive me for my absence, as you can see I am hard at work on reclaiming my title as your Epsilon." Shadows head stayed down as he looked to the grass and dirt and he knew what Zalen was there for and he actually hoped that he wouldn't have to talk to this man, this brother that he loved dearly but who would strike a blow against him that would burn for life.

mall fonts; text-align:right;">BACKGROUND BY INTHENAME-STOCKS [DA], WOLF BY DAWNTHIEVES, TABLE BY YAHTZEE
[/html]
[html]

Word Count +1:: OOC.

Zalen continued his careful pace forward and eventually Shadowfang appeared before him. Zalen looked at the male, who looked somewhat haggard, despite his fit frame. He was standing before a large stone and his hands wrapped in muslin, but Zalen could see just a bit of red staining through. Shadow was quick to genuflect saying that he was working hard on becoming Zalen’s Epsilon again. The Alpha looked down at his brother with pained eyes, and reached out to put a hand on his shoulder, Shadowfang… He began, his voice sounding strange under these circumstances.

Zalen crouched to the ground, getting down to Shadow’s level, I’m sure you know brother, that we must talk. His voice was even and low, how was he going to say what he had to say? This was more difficult then he thought it would be. What if the male’s psyche was too fragile to handle what he had to say? What if he were to lash out? Zalen supposed he would have to do what he had to do for the protection of his pack members, and himself.

The onyx Alpha let out a dark sigh, Fayne told you me you tried to kill yourself. This pains me greatly, and I will not accept such behavior from a strong warrior such as yourself. He wondered how Shadow would react to these words; Zalen would not baby him, it was not right, and it seemed like an insult to the warrior if he did so. No, he would speak frankly and honestly.

<style type="text/css">
.z2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #eaf3f7;} .z2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.z2 {margin:0px auto; width:408px; background-color:#6d717a; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... zalen2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count:-->6+

Shadow looked up finally when Zalen said he wanted to talk and Shadow gave the smallest whine as he looked back to the ground for a second and then he relaxed a little but still looked pained. He would never stand in a way to challenge his Alpha but he knew that Zalen probably thought it odd that Shadow was so submissive that also being proof of his being broken and of his pain. Shadow's eyes slowly went to that of his Alpha and he spoke softly and without strength behind it but he did try to make light of the situation."And here I was hoping you came to train with me, I could show you some things...."Shadow stopped stalling and his ears twitched as he finally fessed up and took responsibility for what he had done."I know that I shouldn't have gone to that extreme but there is more pain than you know of. You have heard about my take on our situation with a curtain female and you have heard that I am now alone and without a mate....Zalen...."

Those Damn tears came back once again and Shadow lowered his head as he let it out once again. He growled a little as little droplets of emotion left the gates of his soul and he whimpered lightly."Amy.....Insomnia.....and my pups....I had a chance at a family, I was going to come here after they were born with Insomnia and show all of you the beauty that me and her had created....but they died...still born. I didn't even get to hear them whimper or make a sound. I got to pull out the lifeless corpses of my family. Three deaths for three failure's on my part. One for the loss of Amy's good side...One for the loss of my friend Thana...and one for the loss of Insomnia. Life is cruel and hard and at times not worth living, I'm sorry Zalen I truly thought that dying would be the best rout and I didn't see a need for me being here, at least at the time." Shadow took a deep breath and he slumped and his proud warrior stance was now gone, he was now just a man, no, an animal without reason to be, cept for the promises he made to live and try to move ahead.

"Zalen I know what I did was wrong and it would have hurt my pack and fixed nothing...but obviously I must not be serious about it since I am still here. I want to be your Epsilon again I want to belong, I just....it's going to take time for me to get past this but I promise you that I wont get in the way....you can....do what your going to do and you'll hear nothing from me...I love you Zalen more than an Alpha but like a brother and I love the rest of the pack as well, It's just hard to lose everything and to try and start over. If not for Tharin and Fayne and yourself I would probably be out there, alone and without any pack or anything, lost in that darkness of my heart and my pain." Shadow looked up to his Alpha, his brother and he sighed and took a deep breath as he tried to get control of his emotions again, to lock them away and never let them free again. It would be better to lock them away then to cry to the heavens and roar with all the pain he had been feeling, he just hopped he wasn't hugged because that would probably do him in and release all those damn feelings he tried to bury.

mall fonts; text-align:right;">BACKGROUND BY INTHENAME-STOCKS [DA], WOLF BY DAWNTHIEVES, TABLE BY YAHTZEE
[/html]
[html]

Word Count +3:: OOC.

It did not take much for Shadowfang to pour out his souls to Zalen, though he had always been one to speak his mind and feelings. The Alpha listened with rapt attention as Shadow spoke of his woes, of why had done what he had. Zalen had known about Insomnia’s leaving New Dawn, but had not known the specifics. Apparently they had had a litter, but it had been still-born. Zalen had every right to be angry because of this, since they had not asked his permission to copulate, but he would not chide Shadowfang, he had already been punished enough it seemed, and he was still being punished, by himself.

When the strong, dark warrior admitted to Zalen his love for him the Damaichu male could not help but widen his eyes. This had been the first time someone other than his own mate had outwardly admitted their feelings of love, it warmed his heart and made him hurt to Shadowfang even more. The hand he had places on the former Epsilon’s shoulder tightened, Brother, you are strong. What has happened to you is terrible, but you have the support of me and the entire pack behind you. Don’t lose faith in a better future. He stood then, beckoning to Shadow to stand as well, But please, don’t push yourself too far; take time to collect yourself and recuperate. He grabbed Shadow’s hand then to take a better look at his battered knuckles, I will train with you soon, then you will have something softer than a stone to beat upon. he smiled then, somewhat playfully.

The dark Alpha released his subordinates hand then, and his face became serious once more, I understand you have sympathies for Amy. I cannot punish you for that, but I will ask that you keep these feelings to yourself, for your own sake. Then, casting his eyes away for a second, And I will not ask of you to take part in hunting her down, but you must understand we will not stop looking for her until she comes to justice, whatever that may be. He looked up at Shadowfang then, to gauge his reaction.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 3+

Shadow was made to stand and then his hand was taken. It was a welcome feeling knowing that his Alpha cared about his thoughts and also that he would be so happy to hear about Shadow's feeling for him. Shadow did not lie when he talked about loving Zalen, he did, he was important to him and he would lay down his life for the man if need be. Shadow saw the glimpses of smiles that were given him and he had to smile a little right back and then when his Alpha's face grew serious again he knew what was coming. The words came from Zalen and Shadow said and did nothing, his face and body became stone as he watched and listened to everything his leader had to say. only after he was done did he slowly nod and he moved forward and gave Zalen a hug and as he did he spoke while keeping him in the friendly embrace.

"Zalen, Thank you for being here for me and for saying that I will not have to take part in the hunt for Amy, please, rest easy knowing that I will no longer push any attempts on my life and I will no longer voice my opinion about the hunting of Amy. You kow how I feel and you are the pack so that is all I could ask for. Your my brother, my family and my friend. I will do nothing to hinder or get in the way of what goes on with Amy ad when the time comes I would like to go...Me and her are both assassin's I can at least keep her from hurting the others in the pack. I want to protect you and all I love, I am here for the pack, my heart, soul and blood are one with you all. "

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: This will be my last post. Excellent thread Shadow. We can assume Zalen and Shadow sparred for a bit and then perhaps hunted something and ate together Smile

Zalen watched Shadowfang carefully as he considered the Alpha’s words, but luckily he saw no sign of rage or any other dangerous emotion flash across his mismatched eyes. Instead, and much to Zalen’s relief, he turned to embrace him and Zalen was glad to close his arms around the subordinate and slap him on the back.

Shadow pulled away and spoke words that eased the Alpha’s heart even more; that he appreciated Zalen and the others for worrying about him, and that he would not push his opinions on Amy anymore. But he did ask that he would be allowed there at the end, a request which Zalen chose not to answer yet; he was not quite sure how to answer it. But Shadow reaffirmed his loyalty to the pack and his love for them all and Zalen wagged his tail and nodded, I’m proud of you. You truly have strength beyond just the physical. He clamped his hand on the black male’s shoulder once more, Come, I’ll train with you now, if you’re up for it. He gave Shadow a smile and then moved to prepare for a little sparring.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]