A lie told often enough becomes the truth
[html]

Word Count → 357 :: Prompt #2: Between the 9th and the 14th, a spectacular meteor shower can be seen in the sky. These Perseids have been active for centuries and are most easily seen between midnight and 3am, and often streak across the sky as often as every minute.

The heat of the day was fading away which made it tolerable to lay out in the midst of the hot springs. She had made her way out to lay out upon the flat rock in the middle of the water. She stared up towards the sky, contemplating a number of things. What was her purpose now? What was there for her to do and accomplish now? She felt a bit lost without la Chemin. She had gotten herself out and met a few others in this place at least. But still she didn't feel that she was an asset just yet. Willam felt that she was still making too many mistakes as she was trying to settle in to a new way of life. She was used to more structure with daily gatherings and there wasn't that here. She was given too much time to herself and she wasn't exactly certain how she was meant to fill it.

Châtiment nickered and had Willam's attention being drawn to him. She noticed that he was looking up towards a particular patch of sky and had her looking up there as well. What she saw were peculiar streaks of light moving across the sky. "What is that?" The female propped herself up on her elbows so that she could better focus on the anomaly in the sky. She had never seen such a thing like it before. "Do you think it is a sign?"

The large female gave a quick glance to Châtiment before focusing on the sky again. "What could it possibly mean?" One hand reached up so that finger could be curled around the crucifix affixed to the rosary that she always wore about her neck. She had no idea how to explain this phenomenon so of course she attributed some sort of spiritual meaning to it. But she hadn't figured out what it was meant to represent either. Being where she was she didn't know where to locate anyone who might be able to explain the significance to her. She didn't know of a single prophet within this clan that could tell her more about this.

<style>
.coyote1-box {background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... qiurgw.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:80px; height:103px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.coyote1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.coyote1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.coyote1 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.coyote1 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.coyote1 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.coyote1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

hope you don't mind me popping in Smile

Word Count → 000

'No heart?' the large bird cawed loudly, swooping down on the male's shoulder with a heavy thud. Angel bent his head to the side and ducked to avoid contact, but Cor held on with his talons and flapped his winds with a fury. 'Nasty wolfy...' he chriped disdainfully, shaking his head. 'I am not a wolf...' Angel corrected, already growing tired of his insistance on titling him a wolf. 'You are! Skinny wolfy! Skinny black wolfy!' the raven jeered shifting from side to side like there was electricity in his veins. The Spanish hybrid shook his head as the animal cotinued to jeer like a child.

He moved through the coyote territory with little purpose aside from to get some fresh air and to clear his mind of all the blasted clutter. Crystal blue eyes inspected the underfoot for any signs of tresspassing that could be masked with mud and dirt, but no footprints were to be seen. Suddenly, from his shoulder calm a loud exclaimation. 'Sky on fire! Sky on fire. Go! Go!' Cor squaked, trying to alert Angel. Looking up quickly the dark male sighed. 'They are metoers... Nothing to worry about...' he settled, his voice gentle but with hidden irritance. Cor wasn't so convinced and lowered himself further down to nestle between Angel's neck, shoulder and thick mane. The man walked on, and soon found company. 'Enojying the light show?' he questioned softly.

<style>
.agenlsanta .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.agenlsanta p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.agenlsanta b {color:#595959; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.agenlsanta {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RHmGD.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#595959;}
.agenlsanta .inner {margin:0px 10px 360px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#000000;}
.agenlsanta .wordcount {color:#595959; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #000000; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 341 :: Naw, I don't mind. Just want to get through the 1500 words quickly and then after that time can be taken.

Willam wasn't certain if this was something good or was it bad? Was this the rain of fire that was meant to cleanse the world at the end of time? If it was then it wasn't exactly raining. Of course she didn't mind that it wasn't dripping down from the sky. Still it confused her. If it wasn't the end of things then what was it? A hand reached up to wrap around the crucifix. Whatever it was it didn't seem to be causing any harm so far. It wasn't proving to be an attack on this land of heretics. Perhaps it was the few devout that were here the saved Inferni from devastation. But that didn't mean hat it wasn't headed elsewhere to deliver punishment to the blasphemers.

The large female got distracted from the celestial display and was brought back earthwards at the sound of the voice. "It is beautiful in a potentially destructive way." Willam had pretty much come to figure that this display was meant to be a warning. The female dropped her hand away from the rosary so that she could place it against the rock in order to push herself to sit up fully. "Willam la Chemin, formerly of la Chemin." She introduced herself as she had taken to doing with each new face that she ran across.

"What do you think of it?" A hand waved towards the sky in order to garner the male's opinion on the astral show. She doubted that he would think of it in the same way that she had but Willam wasn't too certain what else to speak of. She was still learning to curb her conversations away from religion. It was hard for her to do since that is what the majority of her conversations had consisted of. And those that didn't focus on religion had been about hunting and food instead. So she was still learning to try to speak of other things even though she didn't know what other things there were to speak about.

<style>
.coyote1-box {background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/ ... qiurgw.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:80px; height:103px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.coyote1 {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.coyote1 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.coyote1 b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

i'll put this on priority then, try to get replies up for you fast

Word Count → 000

Angel was a man of science beside his religion, he had been raised that way. But his father had not. His father had learnt what he knew from travelling and reading, something that Angel's abuelo wasn't keen on to say the least and avoid blaspheming. Large coal ears flickered to Willam's words, 'Yes. But I assume ones akin to those are the types that pass us by without destruction. At least I hope so' he said, peering upwards. Cor still huddled on his shoulder in fright, watching the sky with beady eyes. Although Angel spoke of his hope that they pass by, if they fell on heretics he wouldn't complain.

'Angel Fabregas i Reus' he announced in response to Willam's introduction. Her own title was not something he was familiar with, but he assumed it was a way of inquiring as to his name while being good enough to offer her own at the same time. 'I think it is beautiful' he offered simply, 'Science in motion'. Of course, as he believed, God made Science. So therefore it's was still Gods handiwork.

<style>
.agenlsanta .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.agenlsanta p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.agenlsanta b {color:#595959; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.agenlsanta {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RHmGD.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#595959;}
.agenlsanta .inner {margin:0px 10px 360px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#000000;}
.agenlsanta .wordcount {color:#595959; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #000000; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 532 :: Thanks for understanding hun. It's just the first 1500 words I want to get through quickly. I'll let you know as soon as I get them and then this thread will no longer have to be a priority.

Willam only knew of religion and hunting. It was all that had ever been spoken of where she had come from. She didn't have the worldly knowledge and experience that others seemed to possess. Willam had spent the majority of her life in la Chemin. And there she did the bidding of her leaders and rarely ever had to think for herself as the leadership had a plan for the entirety of the congregation. While there Willam had a daily routine that she followed, even now she continued to try to adhere to it even if some parts were more difficult as she didn't have an entire group dedicating themselves to their religion as she was used to. Now she had to take communion by herself and didn't have someone to confess to who could dole out the proper penances.

The large female nodded her head along with his assessment. It sounded logical to her. It pretty much followed along with what she had already figured, that this was just a warning rather than something that was meant to actually cause harm. Or at least it was meant to not cause any harm here but who could say what it would choose to do elsewhere. "So long as it is not meant to destroy here but some other plae where heretics gather." Willam really wouldn't want to have to flee once again. She already had to run while fire was consuming her previous home so she really didn't want to have to go through that all over again.

Most seemed to know nothing of la Chemin and that wasn't a bother to her. They had kept to themselves while they had still had a home to call their own. They had still managed to suffer prosecution anyways. It was how Willam had ended up in Inferni after all. If she hadn't been forced out of la Chemin then she would have never traveled east in the first place.

"Science?" She had never heard of such a thing before. But then again there was still plenty that she did not know about. Her lack of knowledge had never hindered her before, but then again she had only been interacting with those that she had known all of her life. She hadn't grown up around those that were living in Inferni and so she was learning new things, such as how to interact with others outside of religion. Of course she still had trouble with that as he would still bring up the topic in some way throughout conversations. It was the only point of view that she knew after all. Even this conversation hadn't been spared her views despite how she had tried. She had spoken it without realizing as it had been a word that had been used in daily life for so long. She had never paused to think that some of the things she said could be interpreted wrong, or not even be understood at all. Speaking of heretics, blasphemers, sacrifices, penance, and spiritual warnings were spattered among daily conversations in la Chemin and Willam had yet to realize that not everyone spoke of, or even believed in, such things.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

awesome Smile

Word Count → 000

'Els heretges...' Angel scoffed quietly, then repeated himself in English. 'Heretics...' For he assumed that the woman didn't speak Catalan, like most others didn't. He took into consideration the fact that if she spoke Spanish, she may have been able to decipher the phrase herself. But it didn't harm Angel to repeat himself in any way, did it? 'I should hope they fall on them above others. At least the ones who seek to cause commotion for us'. Non believers generally didn't both Angel, only the ones who sought to create problems. The same could be said for believers too. Like the wolves that attacked. The thought turned sour in his mind and he moved on.

'Science' Angel began, 'Is a broad subject...' Being a non native speaker of English, he struggled to find the words to voice what Science was. 'It, uh. It covers lots of things really, astrology, biology, geology. The sky, the earth, the sea. It's hard to explain... You'd be better off reading a book about it', Angel paused, 'If you can read of course. Many can't'. It was strange, being here in a world full of those who couldn't. 'It is something I believe in alongside religion. But I suppose it is not important to you?'

<style>
.agenl1dasut .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.agenl1dasut p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.agenl1dasut b {color:#017a99; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.agenl1dasut {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... f032e8.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e0211; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:490px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#ffffff;}
.agenl1dasut .inner {margin:0px 10px 260px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#000000;}
.agenl1dasut .wordcount {color:#017a99; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #000000; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 319 :: And this post takes care of the 1500 words. Thanks for helping me to take care of it quickly. You can take it off priority now and just get to it whenever you have time now.

No, Catalan wasn't among the languages that she knew. There was only English, French, and Latin where it concerned scripture. English was her predominant language though. She was glad for the translation that was given because of this. "Yes, heretics." The word was confirmed but Willam had no idea if he actually understood it or not. At least not until he spoke again. She smiled at his assessment. "Yes, I wouldn't mind if it were meant to punish those that burnt the church. My only wish is for them to not burn as they don't deserve to be cleansed of their transgressions." Of course she was speaking of what had happened in la Chemin and had forced her away from her home.

"Astrology? Biology? Geology?" They all sounded like foreign words to her as she mimicked them. She had no clue as to their meanings or anything at all about them. "I can read. I read every day for devotion." Of course the only thing that Willam had ever read was the Bible that she had transcribed. It was the only book in her possession and the only one that she had touched, other than the one that she had copied from of course. She didn't know there were other sorts of books or things to read. Nothing like that could have been found in la Chemin.

"I have never heard of it before. In la Chemin we would only speak of the Word when having Mass and Communion. The only other group activity I took part in was hunting. I've only ever read my Book and nothing else." Willam had no idea if she would ever be interested in science since she had never been exposed to it before. All of the wonders that had a scientific explanation behind it had always been though of as to have some form of spiritual meaning where she had grown up.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ugh bad post ;-;

Word Count → 000

'Si...' he mused, crystal blue eyes pointing upwards. 'Crushed perhaps?' he questioned softly before his eyes moved back to the sky after inspecting Willam quickly. 'Crushed before they have a chance to burn. That would be prefered, it would be a perfect way for them to bear the weight of their sins'. His words were casual and calm, but his mind was full of hell fires and brimstone.

Angel gestured for her to disregard his words, 'You will probably never hear of them again either' he said with a smile, 'It's not a wide spread subject and it's complicated. I don't understand most of it either...' It was better to remained ignorant to it rather than bore oneself for a long while after all.

Where is this place?' he questioned out of interest. It seemed boring in his eyes, giving the influence so far of strict rules and activities. But each to his own. Angel couldn't help the sour taste in his mouth at the idea of forced religion. He felt it was something be taken as an individual definition for each person. But again he didn't question it, because perhaps she'd chose that way anyway. And as far as changing ones mind went many, including Angel, found it difficult and often daunting to do. Chang wasn't much welcome usually.

<style>
.agenl1dasut {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... f032e8.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e0211; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:490px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#ffffff;}
.agenl1dasut .inner {margin:0px 10px 260px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#000000;}
.agenl1dasut .wordcount {color:#017a99; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #000000; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 377 :: Out of Character text

"Yes, that would be fitting." Willam agreed with the words with a nod of her head. She liked the thought that they would literally feel how heavy their sins and transgressions were, that it would be the semblance of their wrong doings that did them in. "If only it wouldn't kill them too quickly. They should be forced to die slowly while trapped and unable to be saved." Willam wanted them to suffer for all that they did wrong. She didn't want them to have the easy way out and suffer a near painless death.

He seemed so certain that the words would never come up again and so she believed him. Because of that she didn't seek to press the issue any further. If they were things that she ended up never needing to know then she wouldn't bother with them. Though if they did happen to ever come up again then she would make certain she knew exactly what was being spoken about.

When it was all one had ever known from birth it was only a normal part of life. Willam was only just learning that not everyone adhered to the strict regimen that she had grown up with. With Inferni being so different she was learning to adapt and change to the lax atmosphere. But there others enjoyed their freedom, as that is seemingly what they had always known, Willam found herself bothered by it. Without strict rules to adhere to she fretted about doing something wrong without meaning to do so.

"It is no more after the fires that were set to burn the church as well as the borders to trap those unable to escape inside. It was in Quebec but now... well, it is impossible to know who is still alive and where they have headed to. It was only said to try to find land's end." And of course anyone could have headed in any which direction to find land's in as they had scattered in order to save themselves. Willam hadn't seen who had left or which way that they had gone. She had been lucky to grab her few possessions and get out before the ring of fire inevitably sealed off the borders and made them impassable.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc

Word Count → 000

He hummed in response to Willam's words, between them they'd voiced their shared opinions so he felt no need to repeat himself or Willam. The woman was right, they would have to suffered for the pain they inflicted on the world. The suffering the inflicted on the believers and the harmless alike.

'How are you finding Inferni then? I assume it is much different from your la Chemin?' Inferni had been much different from Barcelona, aside from the difference between city and pack there had been many differences between practices, beliefs, structure. But Angel had found it easy enough to blend into the Infernian's ranks and make himself, useful. It was the scenery that had struck him the most, it was varied alike him homeland. But so much colder. Angel was fond of it now of course, but it had been difficult to get his mind around.

Angel nodded, 'That is a shame...' blue eyes darkened in respect for the dead as his head dipped in a quick prayer. 'At least you have the hope that perhaps other's escaped the flames'. Fires were awful things, he'd seen the burnt lands up north. Matchstick trees blackened with ash as dark as his own pelt.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 313 :: Out of Character text

"It is quite different." Willam agreed with a nod of her head. "I'm still getting used to it but I like it so far." Or it was more that she enjoyed a place of rest and not having to wander about. She hadn't enjoyed constantly being on the move. So she had been glad for the invitation to stay even if she was still making adjustments to fit in. It was different but that didn't make it inherently bad.

"Yes." She agreed simply before elaborating. "And at least there was fire to cleanse the souls of those that didn't make it so that they can be at peace in the next world." That was the one good thing about the method that the wolves had chosen, that even in death the members of la Chemin weren't forced to suffer and be tethered to this physical world when they should have passed on. She was glad that even those that would have been unable to make it were at rest in the very least.

Willam continued to stared up at the show in the sky. She was quiet for a long moment before speaking up again. "How long do you think that it will last?" Since he seemed to know a bit more about the phenomenon than she did she figured that he would be able to accurately predict the answer. "Where do you think it is headed?" Again she was working on the assumption that he was an expert in this field and could answer whatever question came up. And even if he was unable to give an exact answer he still had more knowledge than Willam did. Willam simply wished to know if it might land nearby so that it might be able to be visited and see what damaged was caused, to see if the heretics were crushed without being burned.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc

Word Count → 000

'Ah' he chorused softly. Blue eyes turning to Willam then to the sky, attempting to neatly divide his attention between the woman and the solar phenomenon. 'Yes. I remember that. It's quite different, for me at least, from where I lived and was born. You're lucky you came at this time, any earlier and you may have found yourself caught up in a fickle war'. To him, the Boreas picked a stupid reason to wage war on Inferni. Obviously the Boreas wolves thought differently.

Many would think the idea of burning to death frightening. Truth was any type of death would be recognised as frightening to the right people. A rare, few people actually wanted to die on the grand scale of things after all. He hummed in agreement to Willam's words, eyes returning to the sky. 'Where ever it's heading, however, at least it's trail follows here so that we have something almighty to draw our eye to. Powerful, yet beautiful'. His words were full of quite passion, pretty things were something he wasn't altogether unfamiliar with. Barcelona had been full of such things, living and inanimate alike.

'I am not sure. Though I don't think it will last long' Although he was knowledgeable, he had only scraped the surface as a teen form reading books and since then he'd forgotten a small amount and now had no interest to follow it up again. Angel shrugged gently, 'I don't know' but he gave it thought none the less. 'Southern America I hope. A bandit camp near Rosario perhaps? I had trouble with them before...' His nosed twitched in distaste, but he remained silent about the subject.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 316 :: You can post again or you can g on and archive, either way.

Willam couldn't say that she feared death. She knew already where she was headed should the funeral preparations be correct. As long as her body was burned once life had left it then she knew that she would live in peace for eternity with those whom had been unable to escape la Chemin. Because of that she had no reason to be fearful of her own demise. Actually she would wish for a swift death should she become an invalid rather than having someone care for her. She didn't want to live if she would never be able to care for herself again.

"A war?" She asked, focusing fully on Angel. "Did you lose any?" She had no idea if their struggle had been the same as her own. "At least you still have your home. There is that to be grateful for." It was because her own home had become uninhabitable that she had left la Chemin behind. She didn't really have much of a choice in the matter. If not for that then she would have never left.

At his assessment she looked back to the sky again. "It is lovely. Hopefully it would prove of aide to the righteous." She gave a nod of her head as she spoke. At the sound of the horse's chuffing the female slid from the rock and back into the water so that she could get to the shore where he was to check on the stallion. "It was a pleasure Angel. I'm glad we had this chance to talk." She gave the parting words as she moved around the grotto to find where Châtiment had placed himself so that she could tend to him. She found her horse and saw that he was okay and started to lead him away, figuring that he was just tired of standing about in the same place for so long.

<style>
</style>
[/html]