Run,run,run all the way home
[html]

Haven't used this table in forever XD

Itzal groaned as he sat up on the couch. He had been up late last night and hadn't gone to sleep until well past dawn. He had only gotten a few hours of sleep, which he worried was becoming normal for him. He stood up, stretching himself out and looking around. He had slept on the bed upstairs last night, the one close to Rio's room. He wondered if she was in there but he decided not to knock on her door. He felt like going out by himself today.

Itzal headed down stairs, listening to see if there was anyone up in the house. He didn't hear or see anyone so he figured they were all out or just in their rooms. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed one of the jars full of slabs of meat off the counter and went outside. Itzal slipped the jar into his pouch, it just barely fitting with all the other things he kept in there. Then he walked down the front steps and shifted into his Lupus form. He walked over to the Elk he had brought to Rio just a few days before and ate his breakfast, tearing into the little bit of meat left. When he had his fill he shook himself to wake up his bones and set off at a run down one of Halifax's many roads.

Itzal glanced up at the sky to try and judge the time of day. He figured it was just a hour or two off from midday. He ran on, heading towards the edge of Halifax. He could hear the whistle of wind passing through a almost completely smashed up window. The creak of an old door as it moved on its hinges from the wind. He took in all the sounds and found himself missing the sounds of the forest. The sounds of the leaves rustling with the wind, the sound of twigs snapping and leaves crumpling as the clumsier animals stepped on them, but most of all he missed the way he could so easily ghost from shadow to shadow, without making a sound. He missed the forest but not yet, he told himself, it wasn't time to leave Halifax yet.

Itzal stopped his running, panting lightly as he realized he had run farther and longer than he had intended. He looked around, trying to figure out where he was. He had run close to the very edge of the once great city. He glanced up at the sun, sure he must have been running for at least an hour. He sighed and gave up trying to recognize this part of Halifax. Instead he started walking, looking around as he did and listening for any sounds that could catch his attention.

<style>
.spiderit {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6/86912222.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 150px 0px; border-bottom:0px solid #000000;width:400px;}
.spiderit .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; }
.spiderit .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.spiderit .oc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.spiderit p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.spiderit b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Kohaku was so hungry. He had been on his own for a week, his mission a complete failure and his stomach as empty as the houses he passed. The boy was still very young, only five months old. Amy had never taught him how to hunt, mostly because she didn't really know herself. With no adult to rely on, Kohaku's own hunting skills had vastly improved in the past week, which only amounted to a vole and a few crabs. The fight with the crabs had left the colorful pup with several cuts littering his face, one broken open and bleeding slightly.

In his desperation to find food, Kohaku had decided to travel to Halifax, a place he had visited with Amy several times. He knew many wolves traveled there, and hope to be able to get some food from them. Slow steps brought the hungry male through the streets, his head drooping as low as his ears and tail. Sad green eyes looked around, seeing the occasional passerby and shop owner. As he traveled deeper into the city, the shop keepers grew more numerous. The enticing scent of cooked meat drifted into the starving boy's nose, making his head and ears perk up. He wandered to the closest stall, sitting off to the side and giving the clerk the most pathetic gaze he had. Get lost, street rat. The clerk tried to shoo Kohaku away with his hands, but the puppy only whined, his lips licking his blacking lips. I don't hand out freebies to pathetic pups like you. Now get lost, your scaring off my PAYING customers.

The five-month-old curse himself for not being younger as the tactic might have actually worked then. However, Kohaku was no longer as small as before. He could have reached his mother's shoulders if he was still with her. It wasn't a great hight as his mother was quite small, and although he still had the classic disproportions of a puppy, he had started to leave the phase where others would automatically take care of him.

Frustrated and hungry, Kohaku stepped around the booth and walked farther down the street. One of the stalls had a beautiful set of sausages that hung down the front slightly. Walking as quietly as he could manage, the boy crept up to the stall and in one swift motion he grabbed onto the dangling piece of meat and took off. A series of shouts followed his escape and soon the shopkeeping, a rather large rottweiler, was hot on his tail. Panicking, Kohaku raced through the streets, aiming for the outskirts of the city in a hope to loose the luperci dog in the forest.

Angry barks followed his tail, but Kohaku was quick and had all the stamina that his mother's species offered. He dashed through the abandoned streets, the sausages dragging behind him in a line. The sweet meat made his mouth water and he put in an extra spurt of energy in an attempt to put more distance between him and the very angry luperci. Curses and shouts followed him, along with the giant dog. Kohaku's spirits rose as the line of trees appeared, signaling the end of the broken city and the beginning of the woods. Kohaku was home free, or so he thought.

The boy yelped as he felt a sharp tug against the back of his neck. The sausages dropped to the ground, getting dirt all over them as Kohaku struggled to free himself from the shopkeepers grip. "Let me go!" The dog curse at him, spitting in his face as he struggled. You little punk. I'll teach you to steal from me.

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
.kohowl {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hsKcS.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#372f25; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:430px 0px 5px 0px; color:#9c9072; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #1a1611;}
.kohowl b {color:#7c8a30; text-shadow:#1a1611 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.kohowl p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.kohowl p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #7c8a30; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.kohowl .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

I like the whole butcher Idea and all. I think was a cool idea. And let me know if you want me to change anything okay? Itzal is a hard ass when he wants to be.

Itzal had just been about to turn around when he heard some yelling. He stopped wondering what the sound could possibly be. Itzal shifted into his optime form and headed towards the sound at a fairly fast pace. He made sure not to make any noise on his approach, falling into his old sneaking habits easily as he neared the edge of the city. He could hear something behind just one more corner and as he rounded it he stopped to take in what he could see. The first thing he noticed was the big rottweiler holding a younger pup by the scruff of his neck. Then Itzal noticed the sausage on the ground and frowned. He could tell for the most part what was going on but he couldn't help but take the younger boys side. Itzal remembered what it was like hunting on your own for food around that age. So he could sympathize with the pup.

Itzal looked over the rottweiler again and thought that he might need some persuading to just walk away. But Itzal could be very persuasive. He stepped around the corner and draw a throwing knife from his pouch, walking towards the man and the pup. He put a smug smile on his face as he approached, stopping a few feet away from the man, "Well what do we have here? A big mean man bullying a little hungry pup? Now what seems wrong with that? Itzal was a tiny bit smaller than the rottweiler, his muscle was more lean whereas the rottweiler seemed more beefy. But from the way Itzal carried himself anyone with half a brain could see he knew what he was doing and had been in his share of fights. From the scars he had, to the way he held the throwing knife loosely by his side with confidence.

And if the man hadn't realize Itzal meant business from all of that, the way Itzal's change came over him should have told him. Itzal's smug smile quickly disappeared being replaced by a cold hard grin. And his eyes which had been mocking, hardened to show a cold, seriousness that left no doubt that Itzal wasn't playing around. "Now how about you put the pup down. Take one piece of your sausage back. And if you do it all without arguing, I'll even give you a tiny piece of the elk meat I have. Or you can be bull headed and I would be forced to hurt you. And you would be lucky to walk away here without a limp, let alone any meat. Now honestly, which seems like the better option?" Itzal asked in a even, unwavering voice. He was flipping the throwing knife in his hand now, ready to send it whenever he felt fit if the man proved to be hard headed. Violence didn't bother Itzal in the least and it usually proved a good way to get things done. But sometimes even the suggestion of violence worked just as well.

<style>
.itzal-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.itzal-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.itzal-d04 b {color:#7DA4DE; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.itzal-d04 {background-color:#1E365A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzal.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#070F1A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; }
.itzal-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

A fierce growl came from Kohaku as the slimy dog's saliva stung the wounds on his face. His ears were flat against his head, but his tail was high. The pup wasn't going to just back down, his pride and stomach were on the line. Again, the boy found himself wishing he also had arms and hands. The dog wouldn't be so quick to overpower him if only he could shift. Kohaku's back legs pushed as hard as he could against the ground while his front ones waved uselessly in the air. He began to twist and turn, trying in vain to get out from the butcher's iron grip. But it was all to no avail.

The colorful pup stopped struggling when a stranger's voice broke through. Green eyes turned to see a black coywolf. He held a cocky smile and sharp dagger as if they were nothing, but his words indicated that he was on Kohaku's side. The pup's tail began to wag and he sneered up at the dog who help him captive. The dog's response was worse. He pushed Kohaku down, forcing his face into the dirt where it was only and inch from the tasty sausages. The luperci's claws dug into his skin, making Kohaku wince. "This has nothin' to do with you. It's between me and this little thief." Kohaku growled, spitting back angrily, "Well, if you didn't make them so easy to steal I wouldn't have done it." The butcher growled again, but stopped when the strange coywolf spoke.

The black stranger's words were fierce and his eyes reminded Kohaku of Amy. Kohaku could feel the dog's grip tighten and he had to bite his own tongue to prevent himself from whining. At last, the pressure was released and the dog let Kohaku go. Scrambling, the pup grabbed the stolen meat and scampered off into the bushes. He could hear the dog shouting after him, but Kohaku didn't stop till he was several yards away. Once there, he turned to watch and see what would happen.

"See what you did? You let him get away. Feh, your payin' me back buster. Where is that meat you promised me? I want enough to pay back the whole string."

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
.kohowl {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/hsKcS.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#372f25; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:430px 0px 5px 0px; color:#9c9072; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #1a1611;}
.kohowl p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #7c8a30; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.kohowl .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry this post is so short. I wanted you to be open to choice if the butcher left or not, so I decided to leave it where it was. My post usually aren't this short, just so you know, lol.

Itzal laughed as he saw the pup run off and the butcher yelled at him. Itzal had followed the puppy into bushes with his eyes, making sure the pup got away. Then his eyes shot back to the butcher and he growled as the butcher had the nerve to order him around. "Maybe I let him get away because I wasn't trying to catch him in the first place. And I honestly wouldn't be ordering me around if I were you. I'm not some pup who you can push around." And just so show that Itzal meant what he said, he brought his arm up and flicked his wrist, sending the throwing knife flying by the Butcher's head to find its way into the trunk of a tree a few feet behind him. Itzal glared at the butcher and then his lips broke out into a cold smile, showing off the tip of his teeth. "I could put my knives anywhere I wanted to before you ever even reached me. So I would suggest refraining yourself from trying to control this little meeting. And just be happy that I'm generous enough to give you any meat at all.

Itzal reached into his pouch and pulled the jar of meat out and another throwing knife. He opened the jar and cut off a small sliver of meat. Enough so that Itzal still had plenty but at least the butcher wouldn't walk away with nothing. He growled and tossed the meat at the butcher. "Now take the meat I'm giving you and get out of here before your greed gets you hurt. Understand?" Itzal was done giving the man chances. If he didn't take the meat and walk away now, Itzal was going to put the next knife right in his lower ribs.

<style>
.itzal-d04 {background-color:#1E365A; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzal.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#070F1A; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Emerald eyes watched from the safety of the bushes as the strange black wolf and the rottweiler went head to head. As they conversed, Kohaku took advantage of the situation to start devouring the sweet sausages that he had stolen. The meat felt wonderful in his mouth as the juice from the sausages dripped down his chin. Raw, seasoned meat hit his empty stomach like a ton of bricks, making him feel both sick and relieved. But despite his enthusiasm, the pup knew that if the black luperci lost, he would have to run again. Red ears were tipped forward and his muscles remain bunched in case he had to make a quick escape.

The black stranger continued to throw menacing looks at the butcher, who growled angrily in return. However, the dog's body language showed a hit of fear despite his menacing growls. The dog yelped as a knife flew past his head, flinching away from the flying metal. "Why you..." Kohaku didn't know what the butcher was about to say, but he was interrupted by the black wolf-dog. "Fine."

An unhappy sneer came from the rottweiler as meat was handed to him. It was clear he was unhappy with the situation, but fear must have kept him quiet because he didn't say anything to the black male. A gruff snort came from the butcher, but before he left, he turned to the bushes where Kohaku was hiding. "You come anywhere near my stall again and your dead. Ya' hear me pup!" A loud growl came for Kohaku, but he remained hidden inside the bushes. With that, the stranger turned to walk away.

Kohaku didn't like being threatened by the larger dog, however he knew he was no match for the luperci. He was still small and couldn't even shift. The pup silently cursed his mother for not being a luperci, it was because of her that he was cursed with a single form. As quickly as he could, Kohaku downed the last pieces of meat and licked his jaws while wistfully wishing for more. Emerald eyes continued to watch the black luperci as he tried to figure out what to do next.

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Hope you don't mind the slight pp on the butcher.

Itzal was tempted to put a knife into the butcher just because of his attitude. Itzal didn't like the butcher at all and doubted he would be greatly missed. Itzal played with the idea of just killing the man. It would be so easy. One flick of his wrist and if that didn't finish it, the knife across his throat would. Itzal had almost brought his arm up to send the knife towards the man. But he stopped, thinking about the pup hiding in the bushes. If Itzal killed the butcher now the pup would see. Itzal didn't feel that it was right to make the pup witness that. Itzal wouldn't have wished himself to be subjected to death as early as he was, so he definitely wouldn't wish it on the pup. So he restrained himself from ending the ignorant man's life.

He watched as the man took the smart path and backed down. Itzal smirked at the butcher, "Good, glad to see you at least have some self preservation skills." Itzal watched the big rottweiler turn towards the bushes and snarl at the pup hidden there. Itzal's eyes darkened at the threat to the pup and snarled himself, "If I find out you lay a finger on that pup, I'll hunt you down personally and cut off every one of your fingers." He said, "It might be kind of hard to keep your business going if you can't cut meat." He said, watching as the man hesitated, looking at Itzal and deciding instantly he was serious. With that the man walked away at a brisk pace and Itzal couldn't help but let a grin spread across his face. He walked over to the tree where his knife had embedded itself. He pulled it out of the tree and slipped it back into his pouch. After he had listened to make sure the man was indeed gone, he turned towards the bush that Kohaku was hiding in.

"I don't think he will bother you. At least he won't if he knows what is good for him." Itzal said with a growl. Then he looked at the bush and grinned. He pulled out his jar full of elk meat and pulled out a slab. He threw it in front of the bush and then put the jar down on the ground. "You still hungry?" He asked, gesturing at the meat. "Go ahead and eat, I can always get more. He could always hunt down something. But if the pup was desperate enough to steal food, it was apparent that he couldn't hunt for himself. Itzal wondered where the pup's mother or father was. But he didn't want to ask the pup yet because he was worried the pup would get scared off. Better to let him eat before Itzal pried into the pup's life.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Kohaku wasn't really threatened by the large dog, after all, he was quick and finally had some food in his stomach. Although... that luperci was very big. What really intrigued Kohaku though, wasn't the butcher, but the black wolf dog. Why would a stranger go out of his way to protect a pup he didn't know? Kohaku watched the pair intently and enjoyed seeing the dog pushed around. Without too much protest, the butcher left with his new meat. Kohaku stood up slightly, trying to get a better look at the receding rottweiler to see if he would change his mind.

With the dog gone and the danger passed, Kohaku relaxed a little. The pup turned his gaze to the other, ears twitching as he listened to what the black luperci had to say. Kohaku snorted as some dirt got into his nose, but he didn't say anything. The other reminded him of Amy, which could be both good and very bad. However, when a slab of meat was tossed his way, Kohaku forgot all reason and dashed out of the bushes.

Red and white tail wagged high as the pup pounced on the food. Teething jaws tore gratefully at the elk meat as he removed large chuncks from the slab. In moments it was gone, and Kohaku was left sniffing the ground tentatively as he searched for every tiny bite he might have missed. Feeling better, the pup sat on his haunches and cocked his head as he contemplated the black stranger. Kohaku's pink tongue ran over his black lips before darting back into his mouth so he could ask, "Why'd you help me?"

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry this is so short and bad. My post will be better next time.

Itzal watched as the pup sprang on the meat and scarfed it down. Itzal felt a pang of sympathy for the pup as it tried to lap up every morsel of meat. He felt bad for the pup. It wasn't easy being on your own at such a young age, Itzal knew. He looked the pup over, frowning as he noticed the scratches and cuts on his face. He wondered how the pup had gotten those.

Itzal smiled at the pup and shrugged his shoulders, "I don't like seeing others get thrown around, especially not defenseless little pups." He looked in the direction the rottweiler had gone, "And when I was younger I didn't have anyone to hunt for me either. So I know what you are going through in a way." He said as he looked back towards the pup. "So, what's your name? I need something to call you other than 'the pup' in my head. I'm Itzal." The black hybrid introduced himself and then looked down at the last piece of meat he had. He tossed it to the pup then put the jar away. "Last piece." Was all he said.

Itzal couldn't help himself from wanting to help the pup. He had a soft spot for them. Especially ones like himself, who don't have parents to watch out for them. Itzal had seen his father die before his eyes and knew that is uncle had killed his mother and siblings. It had changed him from the start and he wouldn't wish it on anyone. So if he could help out, he would. Which was why he was sharing his meat with this pup, because Itzal knew that if he didn't and the pup turned out like him, Itzal would feel bad about it.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Kohaku knew that he wasn't really on his own and that if he was just a little patient, then he would soon get so see Amy. But, being a puppy, Kohaku wasn't really known for his patience. The colorful male devoured his meat with a ferocious pace. Even when it was seemingly all gone, he looked for more scraps to eat. It had been a week since his last proper meal and Kohaku wasn't exactly large. Most of his puppy fat had been turned into lean muscle from all his traveling, so there wasn't much leeway in terms of his weight.

Red ears flicked back and the pup's tail stopped wagging. He was not defenseless! He knew how to trick people and what things were poisonous. He could run and bite as hard as any puppy. But before Kohaku could protest, the male continued to speak. Kohaku reluctantly listened, hoping that more meat would be thrown his way if he didn't complain.

"I'm Kohaku, a prince." The pup wasn't a prince by blood, he only called himself that because Amy had once said that he was a prince. In the boy's mind, that qualified him as a prince. Emerald eyes watched Itzal's hand, or more specifically, the meat in his hand. As soon as the piece was thrown his way, he pounced. Growls and vicious head shakes came from Kohaku as he playfully ate the last piece of meat. His more playful attitude had returned.

At last satisfied with his meal, Kohaku rolled over and began to lick his face and paws clean. The extra movement made the pup wince as the injuries on his face protested. Frustrated, Kohaku stood and shook himself off. Kohaku cocked his head as the feeling of forgetfulness washed over him. What was he forgetting? "Oh! Ah, thanks for the meat."

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Itzal laughed as Kohaku introduced himself as a prince. He found that thought amusing, since he could almost believe it. The prince who ran away from home and meant a random stranger in the real world who helped him out. Itzal grinned and nodded, thinking to himself. "I guess that butcher didn't know who he was messing with, huh? Itzal said. Itzal knew Kohaku wasn't prince. There was no such thing as royalty among the Luperci that he knew off. But he was use to pups thinking they were someone special. Esme had thought she was a princess. And he had treated her like one to get what he wanted. But he didn't want anything from Kohaku, so he didn't have to worry about Itzal manipulating him.

Itzal smiled and nodded as Kohaku thanked him for the meat. Itzal shrugged, as if it was no big thing, which it honestly wasn't. Itzal could always hunt down more. "It was no big deal. I can always hunt down more." Then he looked the pup over and thought about how he had been ready to steal that meat and how hungry he was. "Can you not hunt? Or do you just like stealing peoples well earned meat better?" He asked, his eyes narrowing for a second before they went back to their normal selves. He didn't think the pup could hunt. He doubted if Kohaku would have stolen if he could have hunted for himself. But maybe Itzal had missed judged him, and the pup was just a rotten thief.

Itzal had noticed the scratches on Kohaku's face and figured he had a heard time hunting. Itzal hadn't had that problem. But then again, Itzal's dad had helped him out in his last few days of life. And from there, Itzal had to learn fast to survive. He didn't have the option of having trouble hunting, it was do or die, sink or swim. And Itzal's choice to swim instead of drown. And he had been swimming ever since. So now he wondered if Kohaku had what it took to swim when the time came. Itzal thought that he did, but he wasn't one hundred percent sure yet. He hoped, for the pups sake, that he did.

<style>
.itzal-tbl .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.itzal-tbl p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.itzal-tbl b {color:#E5F8DC; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#1F261B 2px 2px 2px; }
.itzal-tbl {background-color:#2F4424; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzalgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A8DB8E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:243px 0px 10px 0px; }
.itzal-tbl-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

A defensive and slightly hurt little growl came from Kohaku as Itzal laughed. He was a prince! Princes don't get laughed at. Kohaku pushed his chest out a little in an attempt to seem more regal. The pup calmed down a little when Itzal spoke again and led to quick nods in agreement. "Yeah! If I was bigger and had hands he wouldn't have been able to do anythin'. " He wanted to shift so badly. If only his mother hadn't been a one-form. If only she had made him a luperci. He hated his mother for many reasons, and not being a luperci was one of the big ones.

The colorful pup gave a nod as Itzel spoke of hunting later. Kohaku couldn't hunt because even Amy didn't know how. Although he had received a few tips from Alastar before she had been stolen, it wasn't any real training. However, he was not about to admit his weakness. The pup's golden guardian always emphasized never showing weakness. So when Itzal asked about Kohaku's hunting abilities, the pup froze. "Oh, a, yeah. I can hunt. The stealing was... part of my training. Yeah! I need to learn, I mean get better on account ah, Amy. She always says I need to train... so, yeah." Emerald eyes looked away as he tried not to look to black male in the eye. It was obvious that Kohaku was lying, but he tried.

For a brief moment, Kohaku scrutinized the male before him. Amy always told him that he had to take advantage of those around him and get what he needed from others. What could Itzal give him? Besides the food of course.

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
[/html]
[html]

So sleepy ;-;

Itzal watched the pup get defensive. Itzal just smirked, listening to Kohaku claim how he just needed to be bigger and have hands. Itzal thought that the pup was over thinking being a Luperci. Sure being able to shift was great but eventually it just became another part of your life. But Itzal wouldn't tell the pup that. It seemed like he thought to high and mighty of it. "Yeah, then you could defend yourself against people like him." Itzal said, playing a long with Kohaku.

Itzal watched the pup freeze up as Itzal asked him about his ability to hunt. Then Kohaku managed to get out what was obviously a lie. Itzal found it amusing that Kohaku felt the need to lie about that. "Your training huh? What are you training for? And who is Amy?" Itzal asked, raising and eyebrow. He was playing a long again, just to see what the pup would come up with next.

Itzal was use to using people. He didn't do it very often but he had no aversions to it. If he needed something or wanted something, and he could use someone else to get it, he was all for it. Itzal himself though didn't like being used, though he rarely, if ever was. Itzal was guarded enough usually that people couldn't get close enough to use him. But he had a soft spot for pups, and he had let his guard down some.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

The other smiled at Kohaku, or was that a smirk? Well, it didn't matter because Itzal agreed with Kohaku. Being a luperci was the best and the pup wished that he could be one as well. If he had hands he could hunt better, climb trees, and fight off idiot mutts. The pup's tail wagged furiously as he thought about the possibilities.

The male asked Kohaku a bunch of questions and he sat to consider them. Should he tell Itzal about Amy? Was it safe? Green eyes looked at Itzal, trying to figure out if he should trust the male with such information. Eventually, Kohaku decided that it was safe. Itzal had been really kind and didn't seem like he had any hidden agendas. "Amy is the dog I travel with. She's a lot older than me and teaches me lots of things. She's not my real mommy, but she's just like a mommy. Really kind and fun. Amy trains me to become a good wolf." Being a wolf in the pups mind meant being strong. He felt the kind of training that Amy put him through was obvious and self-explanatory, so there was no need for details.

At last, Kohaku thought of something that he could get from Itzal. If Itzal became Kohaku's friend, then the wolf might trade with Amy for a bargain. Amy always needed things, so surely she could use Itzal. "Hey, wanna be my friend?"

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
[/html]
Sorry for the wait >.<
[html]

Itzal watched Kohaku carefully. He could see the pup trying to come to a decision about something. Itzal could only assume Kohaku was trying to decided to answer Itzal's questions or not, but Itzal couldn't be sure. Itzal could tell when he finally came to a decision and sat back to listen to Kohaku explain himself. It seemed like he spoke fast as the words seemed to just come out of the pup. Itzal found himself trying to catch everything the pup said and work through it. So Amy raised Kohaku. And was like a mother to him. That was nice. In a way Itzal could never understand. His own mother had been murdered. And no one else had cared about him.

Itzal smiled when Kohaku mentioned being a good wolf. If only he knew how hard that actually was. "And where is Amy right now? And do good wolves steal other people's food?" Itzal asked with a raised eyebrow. Itzal didn't care that Kohaku had stolen the food. Itzal would probably have done much worse. Like killing the butcher and eating him instead. So maybe Kohaku was more good than he realized.

Itzal cocked his head to the side as he considered Kohaku's question. It seemed like exactly the kind of thing a pup would ask. Itzal pretended to think about it for a second before he finally smiled and sighed, "Yeah, I'll be your friend." He said, chuckling softly. "Does that mean you are my friend too?" he asked with faked innocence. Itzal was far past believing friendship was that easy but he didn't have to ruin it for the pup yet.

<style>
.itzal-tbl b {color:#E5F8DC; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#1F261B 2px 2px 2px; }
.itzal-tbl {background-color:#2F4424; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/itzalgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#A8DB8E; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:243px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Although Kohaku didn't want to tell Itzal everything, he was far to excited about sharing his experiences with someone that he spoke more than he wanted. His words came out as an endless stream that flowed quicker than an overfilled river. Kohaku didn't understand that he shouldn't like Amy, or that she only cared for him for her own personal game. The times that she hurt him were often, but the pup had learned to covet her kindness. To him, she was the best and he was more than happy to tell anyone who would listen.

Itzal's question made the young male pause. He couldn't tell the black male where Amy was, that would be bad. It was too much information. Instead, Kohaku shrugged. "Only the weak ones. But Amy... not here. I'm on a trainin' mission. Can't be with Amy." Although he tried to hide it, Kohaku really felt bad about his failure. His ears dropped slightly and his bi-colored tail slowed.

The pup's mood improved when Itzal agreed to be his friend. Kohaku stood and dipped into a play bow. His butt began to wag and his tail moved again. A lopsided grin crossed the pup's face as he let his tongue roll out."Yeah! I'm your friend! We can be playmates and help each other and... and... do lots of fun stuff!" Giving a small wolfish bark, Kohaku bounced back and forth as he invited Itzal to play.

Word Count → 000

Out of character

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Itzal smiled at the young pup as he evaded answering Itzal about Amy. Itzal wasn't sure why that was but he didn't feel like pushing it. There was no point to it. Where Amy was didn't affect Itzal in any way. One thing that interested Itzal was how Kohaku said that only weak wolves only stole food. Itzal felt the need to point out that Kohaku had stolen from the butcher. But instead he decided to play off of Kohaku's ego. He smiled and raised an eyebrow at Kohaku, "And you aren't weak are you Kohaku?" He asked, cocking his head to the side. It would serve to distract Kohaku from whatever ever cause his ears to droop and his tail to slow.

Itzal saw the pup's body go into overdrive when Itzal agreed to be his friend. Itzal laughed when he saw how excited Kohaku got. Itzal couldn't play as well with Kohaku in optime form, so he stood up and started to shift to lupus form. It took him a few minutes to change. When he was finally done he shook himself, adjusting to the for legged form. Then he gave Kohaku a wolfish grin and lowered his body on his two front legs with his rear in the air. He usually wouldn't have played with someone like this but Kohaku seemed okay and Itzal didn't believe the five month old pup could hurt him. So Itzal growled playfully at Kohaku, accepting his invitation to play.

<style>
</style>[/html]

Edit: OOC Ending; Itzal and Kohaku played for a while, until it go so late that Itzal and Kohaku were forced to part ways. Itzal went back to Rio's house and Kohaku went off on his own.