Sibilance
Medusa and Ksenija hadn't yet approached the borders of the strange cave pack Anathema, though they had promised each other they would soon. Until then, they had camped close to the border, a respectful distance of approximately ten yards outside. They were cautious, not wanting to anger any of the pack members. The two had put lots of thought and effort into their pack decision, and they didn't want to mess it up. That would be devestatingly disappointing to the women at that point. Medusa didn't know if their tentative trust for each other would hold after another pack hope would be extinguished. 
It didn't matter though, as soon they would be able to join. She knew in her heart that they'd be able to get in and it would work out. After all, the golden woman had heard that a horrible bitch of a woman had been able to join despite disrespecting the leaders of the pack. If she could get in with brash rudeness, Ksenija and Medusa would certainly be able to join with a certain sense of suave foreign politeness. It was a simple manner for them. 
Stirring a small fire and shivering slightly, Medusa drew her tattered cloak about her, curling within its folds. It was getting chilly, for some reason. She believed the season called for warm weather, but she thought she scented rain on the wind. Shrugging, she put her arms into the good of her cloak and felt the snakes flee to the warmth and safety in her tangled hair and cloak. The cold-blooded creatures they were, all the snakes wanted was to steal a little of her warmth for themselves in a fit to survive. She knew and kept them safe when it was too cold for them to make it on their own, being used to Serbia and the rest of the former Yugoslavia. Once the snakes were safely in the warmth of her neck area, the nimble hands returned to what they were doing, one clutching the cloak and the other poking her meager fire with a stick. 
The fire existed because Medusa was learning to make them. She didn't much bother with actually cooking meat, anymore, and she was used to long nights with no fire in the cold. There was often cold, unrelenting drizzle, but no shelter. No companions. Companions like Ksenija, someone beginning to mean a lot to the snake woman. The big Russian woman curled around Medusa's smaller frame at night, an almost irreverent warmth radiating between them. She wanted for it to never end, be a dream life in Anathema. 
Of course, they'd need friends as well. Medusa frowned slightly from within the depths of her cowl. She wasn't the best at making friends. The Narrator got in the way far too often. "Oh well," she muttered to herself. "Life of lonely hood is still life, yes?" She scowled. She couldn't lie to herself like that. Being alone was no fun and she knew it. 
The pups were all fast asleep and she couldn’t really sleep right now. The snowy owl that she had taken in was getting larger and had now gotten used to her. Ayasha decided to start its early training by taking it with her and making sure it wouldn't fly away from her. She would keep her hand on it at first so it wouldn’t take off of her shoulder. It had gotten to the point where she could hold it and it liked to snuggle on her shoulder. But it was wary around the fast moving pups. She had fashioned a nest for it in a crevice in the cave that was above the reach of the pups but not high enough that she couldn’t get to it.

As she left the caves, the owl on her shoulder cheeped and looked around it. Her fingers were on top of its talons and she made a mental note to get a leash for it at some point. She moved quickly but made sure her gait was smooth to keep from startling the owl. Her steps led her to the borders and she fell into the comforting routine of patrolling them. Her thoughts, as usual, were on her mate. Maybe she could train her owl to alert her when he came. But she hoped that he would be back before she was able to do that.

Up ahead she spotted a fire and decided to investigate. So she headed in that direction but would stay in the borders of Anathema. The lone figure was about 10 yards away from the border. She wasn't sure what to think about that and so she stepped outside her pack's lands and stopped not far but not too close to the figure, a woman. "You're not far from the borders of Anathema. I'm Ayasha, Seere of Anathema. Is there something you need?" Her tone was polite and fairly friendly but also a bit dominant.
[html]

In like all her threads she has a stick o3o okay, this might get a little weird because I'm playing it as she and Ksenija haven't asked to join yet. I'm so sorry I'm late, also ;;

Medusa poked at the fire with her stick and huddled closer to it, as close as she dared. The female had a good relationship with fire, relying on it many times in her life to keep her alive and warm and in business, as it were. She relied on fire to melt the glass she used to craft vases and sculptures. She trusted the small fire she had to not burn her, at least not as badly as her father had been burned.

She flicked her fingers through the tips of the flame, feeling the warmth but not the burn. She smiled slightly and withdrew her hand into her cloak. Ksenija had gone off somewhere, so Medusa was alone in the chill of the night with naught but her snakes and her small fire. She thought of the Russian woman and her smile became brighter. They were a good pair, she knew. They both were strong enough to care for each other and keep safe together. Once they joined the pack, they'd be able to possibly... Mate.

Medusa thought briefly on that prospect when she heard sounds approaching from the border. An all white woman questioned her closeness to the borders and then said who she was. Ayasha. A pretty name for a pretty woman, the golden woman mused. "I am Medusa... she started carefully. Her English was no where near the best. "I and friend of mine want for to join Anathema." Her accent destroyed the pack's name, pronouncing it 'Antma'. "We is for learning of pack before we are to join them." she finished, proud of her English.

She noticed the bird, and though it was small and far away, she whimpered quietly and moved to opposite the fire of it. She wished nothing to do with it, would prefer it be gone. Medusa and birds were not on good terms, the nasty feathered beasts they were.

TEMPLATE BY REVO. <3

[/html]
Ayasha watched the lone figure poke her fire with a stick. A smile graced the other woman's face as she thought of apparently happy things. Hopefully Anathema would allow this woman to be happy here. She knew that Anathema wasn’t a very happy place and was full of dark things and canines. It was likely rather odd for her to be here, so innocent a soul amongst murderers and other darker souled people. But this was the only place for Ayasha to be with her troubled mate.

She was noticed and the lady answered her questions, introducing herself as Medusa and explaining that she and a friend wished to join Anathema. Ayasha nodded thoughtfully and gave a friendly smile. "I can't let you join since I'm not high enough rank to accept you. But I can answer any questions you might have. Or call for a leader to accept you." The golden female's English was fairly good.

But the lady then noticed her bird but wasn't happy about it. Luckily, Albus didn’t notice and Ayasha gave Medusa an apologetic smile. [b]"Don't worry about Albus here. He's still young and prefers to cuddle against me rather than anything else. She gave the snowy owl a small scratch and she got a purr-like sound at her.