[p] and his eyes were as a flame
[html]<style>#sieLoc td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; padding:3px; font-size:11px; }
#sieLoc td.header { font-size:15px; }
#sieLoc #location{background-image:url('http://www.soulsrpg.com/images/BSMapPixels_subterr.jpg'); width:100px;height:100px;border:1px solid #000000;background-position:60% 54% ;}
#sieLoc #pushpin{position:relative;left:45px;top:45px;}</style>

Setting Location Form NPCs

Date: 16 Aug* (Foredated)

Weather: Very hot, humid

Time: Afternoon
Optime

(371) ONE please. o:

Ithiel is by Raze!

The dusky-furred hybrid rarely traveled outside of Inferni, but when he did, his trips were long. Quiet, unobtrusive observations were made on each of the packs in turn, and Ithiel sought to view the changes in the landscape since the last time he'd visited, but that was all. The coyote sought no trouble, simply information. Since the last time he'd made this sort of trip, some months ago, his route had been increased greatly. He'd started heading west, toward first Salsola -- which he skipped, on Myrika's advice -- and northward to the new packs. He'd found little other than a conglomeration of scents rather near to a lake, which he took care to avoid at a great distance. He remembered traveling through the area previously, and it had not been claimed at such time.

Then it was back east, doubling on his trail, to loop through the mountains. As before, his observations were remote and involved little more than investigating whether the pack still existed, and if so, its numbers and strength. He might investigate a bit further to see if their territory had expanded, but as he did not know the precise borders, he could never be certain unless a pack took up a rather large chunk of land that he remembered in particular. Anathema, too, had been given only a cursory glance. Again, Ithiel saw one of the splotched crows, and again he turned to avoid the bird's gaze, ascertaining only that there had been little chance since his rather recent visit to the mountain dwellers' pack.

By this time, as he traveled south along the oceanic coast, both he and his horse were tired. This was mostly due to the heat, and when Zedekiah brought word of a rather large lake, Ithiel took his chance to cool off. Swimming was not something he did frequently, but he could make an exception in weather such as this. Removing his leather and burying it protectively beside the tree to which Lystra was tied, the dusky coyote swam in the shallows of this great lake, occasionally floating on his back. Zedekiah was circling high above the lakes, just barely visible against the searingly blue sky.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

here Alma is a creeper

It was not quite a coincidence that she was following Ithiel. She had been traveling herself in search of fruit for her horse. She had even entertained the idea of trading with one of the packs she had passed, but she had not brought anything with her that she was willing to trade. And, once she caught the scent of Ithiel and his horse, she became far too curious to maintain focus on her original purpose.

The coywolf decided to follow him to see what he might be doing. This proved difficult, for he was on horseback and could travel much faster than her; he remained ahead of her for quite some time and she had little hope of catching up. She was not close enough to actually see him, and was reliant entirely on scent and hoof-prints to follow his path. Alma knew Zedekiah might spot her as well, which prompted her to cover her fur with dirt and hide her scent as best as she could. She was not sure if it had worked - maybe he'd told Ithiel and that was why the pair had stopped traveling. The coyote waited a time before deciding to meet up with him - thinking that perhaps, if she'd been spotted, he'd turn around and ask what she was doing here and then she would have to come up with a reason for her bizarre actions.

When it hadn't happened, she continued her 'hunt'. She crept through the underbrush and took shelter underneath any trees large enough to hide her, keeping her movements as quiet as possible. When Alma arrived at the lake, she hid still - watching Ithiel as he bathed. She almost let out a chuckle at the sight of the wet fur clinging to the man's form, but settled on a smirk instead.

Alma did not intend to remain hidden for long - she began to remove her gloves and the armor she'd obtained from the Boreas, making the tall grass she was hiding behind rustle. She set aside her bow and quiver and everything else that might weigh her down or get damaged once she slipped into the water; all this doing more to betray her position than anything else she'd done thus far.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(313) Uh sorry I forgot -- when isn't she? 8D 8D 8D 8D

Ithiel is by me!

Although Ithiel frequently bathed himself in the ocean, there were no waterways suitable for his purposes within Inferni. He would not wish to use any of the streams -- which provided valuable fresh drinking water -- and Folly Lake was too unclean and still for his purposes. The salty water served well enough, but it left a gritty, sandy feeling thereafter, and the dusky hybrid much preferred a surface such as this lake. He could see the far shore, hazy with the low-hanging fog, but it was quite a long swim and he was not in the mood to reach the far shore only to find his horse and gear under attack from thieves.

Kicking his powerful legs, the hybrid moved his arms in a wide circle at the same time, and propelled himself lazily back and forth. Although this was a trip primarily for business, there was no harm in this small enjoyment on the side. He knew his purpose and he was not likely to forget it. His mind wandered as he turned back around and floated motionlessly on his back. Zedekiah was still circling up above, broad black wings barely discernible from his body at such a great distance. Lystra's quiet snort drew his attention, and he righted himself in the water.

His toes just brushed against the bottom, touching on sand and rocks and the occasional slimy-feeling stick or even branch. His eyes scanned the shoreline, but Lystra's noise had been one of mild annoyance rather than alarm. Perhaps it was only a fly biting badly. He was beginning to let himself float again when movement caught his eye. The grass was rustling steadily, moving here and there as if stirred by wind. The rest of the forest, though, was as still and heat-weary as it had been when he'd first slipped into the lake.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WHAT. HDU INSULT YOUR HELPER. DO YOU NOT WANT ANYMORE HELP?

A pair of gold eyes gazed back at Ithiel from in between strands of brown-and-green grass. They were more noticeable than her dirt-dulled fur, now. Alma was perfectly still, ears pointed up and poised upon his movements as if he were prey and not canine. She should announce herself, she knew, or maybe even jump in there with him - as if she'd just intended it as a prank. The coyote wondered how the reserved man would respond to such a surprise. He hadn't seemed uncomfortable when she had surprised him before, with little things like hugs - but she wondered if maybe this was too much.

No one had ever told Alma that stalking one's love interest like prey was a bad thing, but on some level, she knew it wasn't quite right. Guilty, Alma considered turning around and leaving before he ever found out - but she had already taken off all of her clothes, and he was looking in her direction. There was no way she'd be able to get away stealthily now... unless she left her stuff here and came back later, but what if he found it? She'd also have to find some place to hide and make sure he had left before she came back to retrieve her stuff. No, it was better to sit still and hope she wouldn't be seen, and maybe try to think of someone way to explain it in case she was caught.

Just then, the seed of a dandelion fluttered on the wind and landed upon her snout. Alma went crossed-eyed as she stared at the offending bit of flora and twitched her nose in hopes that it would fall off. It did not. She shook her head, and the seed fell to the ground. There was a rustle from the grass with that movement, but perhaps not enough to attract attention unless one was already paranoid and staring in that direction.

<style type="text/css">
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i5hncsG1U87xk.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1px 0px 160px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--)

Ithiel is by me!

Ithiel did not float closer to the noise and motion, but looked toward Lystra. The big chestnut was placid and ignoring the obvious presence as if it was not there. She continued her grazing without even so much as a glance toward the movement in the grasses. Ithiel remained still, waiting. He was perplexed -- why was his horse so calm? Perhaps it was only a squirrel, and she could see this. Squirrels did not rustle entire tussocks of grass. There was a sudden, more violent tremble from the plants, and Ithiel could not stand it any longer.

The dusky-colored hybrid pushed off the lakebed with his toes and paddled nearer to the growth, though he did not come ashore. Who's there? he asked, knowing he'd feel rather foolish if a squirrel or other small animal bolted from the grasses just then. His horse's strange behavior, though, had set him on edge, and Ithiel was not prepared to continue his swim without ascertaining his safety and the safety of his horse and things. A thief would find it wonderful to throw a rock and strike his head -- perhaps drowning him, with a lucky enough throw.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

She could see him coming closer, and that made her try all the more to be quiet. When he spoke, however, she knew the jig was up. He might come closer, until he able to push away the tall grass and reveal her position. Part of her wanted to see how he would react to the surprise, but another part knew it might not look so good if she did not respond to his question.

There came a sigh from behind the grass, and Alma put on a forced smile and hoped she might play it off as a joke. "Hello Ithiel," she moved the grass aside so he could see her. "I caught your scent while I was traveling, and I thought I'd stop by. Surprise you." There was a pause as she stared at him; now he might ask her why she hadn't revealed herself before and she would feel have to come up an answer. She did not like the thought of having to stumble around for an explanation. Alma preferred it when she was confident around him, when she was in control as she was the first few time she'd expressed her interest in him.

The orange coyote sprang up suddenly, and leaped into the water, cutting any questions he might have short. As close as he was, Ithiel would have a hard time avoiding the splash.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(307) Vague PP in assuming she bobbed back to the surface? I MEAN SHE CAN'T BREATHE UNDERWATER. XD Let me know if needs edits.

Ithiel is by me!

The huff from behind the grass caused him to perk a little more upright. He was in shallow enough water that he could stand comfortably, though the water was still several inches above his navel. A voice spoke greeting and his name, and he recognized it, momentarily confused as to how he might encounter Alma so far from Inferni. She came out of cover with a motion of her hand, revealing her hiding place as she swept the grasses aside. She explained, however, just how they might meet, and Ithiel was struggling for something to say -- out of generally being flustered at being caught at apparent laziness, at seeing Alma, at the oddness of her greeting -- when she sprang forward and entered the water with a rather large splash.

The dusky coyote was already soaked rather thoroughly, but he hadn't been expecting the splash, and the resulting wave of her entry knocked him off balance after his initial surprise. He lost his balance and slid backward, though he was quick to paddle his arms and right himself again, floating closer to her as she surfaced from beneath the water. Her bright sunlight-colored hair was soaked along with the rest of her, but Ithiel was almost grinning. You're in the wrong tier, he remarked, the smile fading into an expression of vague thoughtfulness. One so proficient at tracking down her prey should be a scout of the Lumen. He hesitated, and then swam closer, circling around her once before he came before her, stretching his toes to stand against the bottom.

I could teach you scouting. A pause. And how to be quiet when hiding out. The smile returned, though not as fierce as it had been. He was glad to see her, regardless, and could not imagine being disappointed with the sight of her.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

YES SHE CAN SHE'S MAGICAL, MAAAAGICAL

Alma blinked the water out of her eyes and pushed herself up so she might float upright. Her fur was slick and stuck to her - with the exception of the four braids dangling around her face. Belatedly, the coyote realized she'd forgotten to take the beads off, and did so now. "Never thought of that." She said, and she hadn't. Alma did not think of herself as a good scout because of how bright her fur was - though she was certainty able to sneak up on deer perfectly well. Canines, on the other hand, were smarter and might be able to see through her method of hiding.

She threw the beads in the direction of her other clothing and untied her braids. "I'd be willing to learn," She smiled, "though I'm not sure I'd give up my position as Armorum; Ezekiel wanted the whole of Inferni to have a bow and learn to shoot," Or that was how she interpreted his words when she first joined. "Even though he's no longer here, it seems like a good cause - and it's what I know."

The orange coyote was pleased that he was not at all insulted, angry or even just bothered that she'd been tracking him. "Of course, I might end up using the skills you teach me to track you," she smiled, deciding to test her luck. She was not quite serious, though it could be an interesting game if he liked the idea. "Are you okay with that?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(--) SECRET GINGER POWERS, ACTIVATE!!!!!

Ithiel is by me!

Ithiel watched her undo the braids of her hair with rising curiosity. He had always seen her with the brains in, and it was strangely enthralling to watch them come apart. They left behind a waviness to her hair, despite the hair's current damp state. His dark brown ears perked upward at her words about his half-brother, and he considered them. The former Aquila's mind was certainly sharper than Ithiel's own, but to the dust-furred canine, he did not mind if the canines of Inferni had their own weaponry. An arsenal of archers, as much as he liked the bow and arrow, seemed contrary to a well-balanced army -- or team, since Inferni's numbers did not foster what Ithiel considered to be an army.

Maybe you'll take my position? The Duplicarius is scout and warrior both. You wouldn't lose your bow, then, the coyote proposed. He would step aside for her and occupy some other duty, and quite readily, too. It was less a question of where else he might fit, but self-protective: should she decide to usurp his place by will, he ran the risk of encountering a similar situation as with Scintilla. Though, perhaps he liked Alma too much for that to happen -- he thought so, anyway. This was deeper than a schoolboy's crush, certainly? Ithiel's smile came easily to a thin coyote muzzle, unrestrained in her presence as it was in so many others.

Yes, he said, simply yet enthusiastically, and pushed off from the bottom with his toes, floating toward her to encircle her in a hug.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

I feel like this post is crap because I don't what I'm doing here, help. Also, I just noticed how tall Ithiel is o.o Would Alma's head reach his belly or whatever instead of his chest?

Alma considered his suggestion, but shook her head. While she did consider herself a warrior to a certain extent, her goal was to arm others primarily. She would not change her priorities until that task was done. She did not say so out loud, however; she didn't track Ithiel all this way just so they could discuss ranks - well actually she wasn't quite sure what she had planned to do with him once she'd found and surprised him.

"I don't think you smiled this often when I first met you," she pointed out, and gave one of her own. Beneath the water, her tail wagged - or tried to, anyway; water made the motion slower, and unnoticeable. Her ears were pricked forward as his arms encircled her, and she leaned into his chest. Were she a cat and not canine, she would have purred. "Good. Because I intend to spend as much time with you as possible."
<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

-- Nahhh... chest height, maybe? Also, lol at "brains" typo in my last post. @_@

Ithiel is by me!

His smiles were rarities, given only when they were genuinely meant. Surely, he had given a meaningless and expected smile a time or two in his life, but Ithiel was not typically inclined to pander to his audience. Therefore, his smiles were most frequently real -- certainly, all those he'd given to Alma were real. The dust-colored hybrid's expression faltered a moment, but he could not dwell on such things with Alma in his arm, her head against his chest. One damp ear twitched at her voice, sending a droplet of water flying off and away. He put his arms around her shoulders and remained there, silent and thoughtful, for some long minutes.

Withdrawing, the hybrid held her at arm's length with a birch-dusted hand on each shoulder. Ithiel studied her intently with his crimson-colored eyes -- though there was a look of concentration plainly displayed on his face, the ghost of his former smile still lingered, too. Perhaps it was the closest expression he could make to uncertainty. His words were not uncertain, however. Ithiel could not remember the last time his voice quavered, the last time he'd needed to pause and compose himself. The dust-colored coyote invariably spoke with complete awareness of his words, having carefully selected them before deeming them proper and allowing them to escape his muzzle.

As man and woman? he said, almost mild about the suggestion. Such was his manner, however -- passion and explosive professions of love were not his way.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Alma was perfectly calm in his arms. She did not notice his expression falter, or the long silence following her words. Her mind was curiously blank; she was content. The dirt and debris she had rolled in to conceal her bright coat fell off with each droplet of water that cascaded down her fur. It occurred to her that she might need a more through washing to get the rest of it off; she didn't need camouflage now that Ithiel had seen - but now didn't seem to be the right time, either. She didn't want to break their embrace for something so mundane as cleaning.

It took her by surprise, then, when Ithiel backed away from her. Her head tilted upwards to look at him, displaying curiosity. She studied his expression, and knew not what to make of it; her isolation in her younger years left her puzzled when it came to some of Ithiel's subdued expressions. Her ears tipped forward to listen as he opened his mouth to speak.

It took her moment to parse what 'as a man and a woman' meant, but when she understood she smiled. "Yes." She leaned in, snout close to his. "I'd like that very much."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

-- PP DEAL WITH IT. no srsly PM if need changed -- can end here with the ~*fade out*~ or you reply again or whatever really I don't curr :3

Ithiel is by me!

There was no anxiety or unease within Ithiel following his inquiry -- he was, of course, not absolutely certain of Alma's answer, but such was his way that he would not have even bothered with such an inquiry if he was not relatively sure in the high chance of an affirmative answer. He looked on her face with calm, though he did await her answer with a very vague sense of apprehension, sensing this was some new part of life he would now embark upon. Nothing would be the same hereafter, though he supposed that was the point, in the end. Life was such that he wanted her as his woman. In fact, he felt quite strongly about this, though one might not have guessed such from his manner and expression.

Her smile was a beacon on a cinnamon-furred face, and Ithiel found his, too, with her answer. His tail stirred the water behind him, and would have churned it, had he been able to wag it as fast as he liked, but the drag was too much and he stilled the pesky organ with some effort. Instead, the wordless coyote moved forward toward Alma again and embraced her. He leaned in to deliver a long kiss to her muzzle, and unpracticed as it was, it was equally tender, a sincere display of the depth of feeling he felt for her. Neither expression nor word could convey that effectively, though perhaps his body might.

<style>
</style>[/html]