[M] Cry on my Shoulder
[html]
(260) OOC: There's 3 pups, Sad and pp was ok, and more is fine too for him to get the second out.

She took the medicine he told her to open her mouth for, she knew what it was for since she took it once before, it was to calm her down and the stars knew that she needed to be calmed down quite a bit. She felt the pressure on her abdomen where the contractions came and went, and it felt so tender just by his light touch she wanted to cry out, but a wave of pressure, not so much as pain anymore for the poppy seeds were helping greatly, not entirely for she still felt some of the pain and there was nothing that could relieve the pressure that she felt as she felt the need to push again, but she was so scared, she still had one of the lifeless puppies held against her, she used the hand that held onto Robert for pressure the other protected the poor stillborn.

The pressure was great but instinct came through and she pushed breathing hard, wishing with all her might this one could live, that it would be breathing but deep down she knew it was too early. She closed her eyes as she pushed knowing that Taliesin was there to help that he would catch the pup even if she couldn’t. Roberts words hit home though they were still going to a deaf ear but they would be remembered deep down and she too wanted all those things she wanted the hope that he was giving her and without that she would still be refusing to push.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
He glanced up at the two as she strained to push the next one out. He swallowed, one hand pushing on her swollen belly to try to help, the other poised to catch the pup as it came. And it did come; with another wave of blood, it came out. It too was still and cold, though the male tried to revive it. He knew it was too small, the lungs wouldn't be fully functioning, nor the heart, but he still opened the birthing sac around it, severed the birth cord, and rubbed the still pup with a cloth from his pack. When rubbing it didn't stir it to life, he sighed heavily, feeling for a pulse, knowing there wouldn't be one.

He didn't know if she wanted to hold this one as well, so he set it next to her, wiping his hands on another cloth from his pack. He was grateful he kept a lot of cloths in his pack, for emergencies. He dug around until he found the tincture of goldenrod he'd made. "Eclipse, this will be bitter, but it will help to slow the blood loss. I'm going to hand it to Robert so he can help you drink it. Robert, don't let her drink the whole vial, only about half."

He offered the small vial to the male, giving the male something to do in hopes it would make the man feel less... well, he didn't know. He only knew that if he had been in Robert's shoes, as he easily could have been, he would have wanted something to do besides hold her hand. He could only guess that the Collins male would feel the same.
[html]
(335) sad.

The second one came, the blood it came with renewing the scent that already thickened the air, and Robert watched along with the both of them with the same false hope. Taliesin even played the façade to a tee, rubbing it to give it the warmth it lacked and hearing out for a heart that will never beat, yet it was not enough to trick death. The second born was as still as the first. The man watched as he set the child down near Eclipse, and his gaze lingered on it for a couple of moments until the healer spoke again.

He watched distantly as he pulled out a tube filled with something, and explained what it would do. Robert felt his chest tightened at the mention of blood loss, but when his name was said, he pushed his emotions out the door. His head automatically nodded at the instructions, and gingerly took the vial as it was handed to him. In his hand he held a purpose, something to do other than to sit here and be nothing but a waste of space. He immediately turned back to Eclipse and held it near her.

He was not sure if she wanted him to feed it to her, or if she was going to release either her hold on him or the pup and drink it herself, so he silently sat there, the question evident enough, waiting for some sign or motion to show what she wanted to do. Though Taliesin gave him a small duty to do, he still felt useless, and it was almost like his presence was a cruel joke. He was barely helpful, he was merely a witness, a bystander. He wanted so desperately to help, every fiber was gravitated to the woman and for her to be well and happy and content despite her situation, and life blatantly slapped him in the face. The most he could do was to make sure she didn't drink too much marigold.

[/html]
[html]
(304) OOC: It isn't fair i knoooow ; ; so a few more posts each?

She was shaking. The pain, the unexpected event, the fact she was starting to get excited and it all turned into terror was almost too much for her, but her mind was on giving them the best. That meant she had to care for their little bodies. In a way they would be thankful for. Such innocence wouldn’t go unnoticed as she felt the wetness of the second pup beside her, the woman wished she could hold it, but the next contraction came and went again. Then the healer spoke of drinking something and blood loss and she watched the vial pass between hands. She looked at Robert who sat there in worry, but he was being strong and he stayed with her.

She wanted to refuse the vial at first. But the look in Roberts eyes just made her open her mouth a little, she did not want to release him or lose her first born either. She held tightly to them and let him drip the liquid down her throat. She nearly choked at the aweful taste it had but she made herself take what was needed. She hoped this wouldn’t go on for longer, but as the minutes went by she again felt the contraction that was telling her to push and as soon as the last puppy was out she knew, her body knew that was all that had lived there, all it needed to do was finish pushing out anything else that failed to keep the puppies alive. The afterbirth would come and she would not have to worry. She looked at the healer in hopse this last puppy would make it, but there was nothing, she knew there was nothing and her sad eyes cried out in question... why did this have to happen to her?

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
((Sorry!))

He watched her drink the tincture, taking the vial back and placing it in his bag. He wished there was more to do. His very presence there was a cruel joke, giving her hope when he knew there was none. There was no miracle for Eclipse, Robert, or the stillborn pups. The third came easily it seemed. He went through the motions, knowing they were futile and hating himself for trying anyway. Was this how his mother had felt when she'd given birth to nearly entirely stillborn litters? At least (except the once) she'd had some hope in the form of a living pup to care for, to ease the pain of the innocent lives that went unlived.

He let out a heavy breath as his gaze met hers. How to explain to her why she'd lost them, when he didn't even know? His face was as solemn as his voice, guilt giving his words a bitter taste in his mouth. "I'm sorry, Eclipse. Sometimes.... sometimes this happens. Could have been something wrong with the pups, could have been... well, I just don't know. It doesn't mean you can't try again in the future, it doesn't mean you won't be able to have them. My mother had several miscarriages and stillborns, and still had two litters both before and after me and my littermate."

He hated talking to her about it. Maybe Orin was right about him. Maybe he was bad luck in and of himself. He let out a slow, soft breath now as his hands automatically were sifting through the herbs he had with him.

"You'll need lots of rest for the next week or more. Lots of fluids, especially water. No alcohol. And food with iron in it, red meat especially. Raw or cooked, it doesn't matter. This vial is goldenrod, it's bitter. Make a tea with cinnamon, cloves, and rosehip. Just a few drops of this. This darker fluid is opium. Its a painkiller and a sedative. Just a drop or two, no more." He looked at Robert, directing his words to the male. "If you want, you two can stay at my house and I can help keep an eye on her. Miscarriages are painful mentally and physically, on both partners. Eclipse is going to need a lot of help, whether she will admit it or not."

He paused, then added softly. "You both have my sympathies..." Dumb male, assuming that because they were together that Robert was the daddy.