Triple Beam Dreams
[html] <style>#sieLoc td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; padding:3px; font-size:11px; }
#sieLoc td.header { font-size:15px; }
#sieLoc #location{background-image:url('http://www.soulsrpg.com/images/BSMapPixels_subterr.jpg'); width:100px;height:100px;border:1px solid #000000;background-position:40.5% 16% ;}
#sieLoc #pushpin{position:relative;left:30px;top:30px;}</style>

Setting Location Form NPCs
Date: 20 Aug* (Forward-dated)

Weather: Clear, bright and cool

Time: Mid-morning
Optime

Sonje by Sie!

After spending something around two weeks in Halifax, Sonje had come northwest again, keeping to the mountain's foothills where it was easiest to come across prey and find shelter. After several days of traveling again, she came to pass the range (and a river) and she shirked farther north as soon as she could. She took shelter in the southern portion of the Reserve, glad for the towering pines and spruce trees that welcomed her, even in darkness. She chose a small grove of trees that overlooked a dark lagoon, and urged Jagga to lie down. She didn't bother making a fire, as she had a blanket for warmth and nothing to cook besides, so she wrapped the quilt around her shoulders and settled next to her greatest companion, whose broad shoulder served as a warm pillow.

Sonje blinked wearily when dawn brought a glaring sun to greet the diurnal and send the nocturnal to bed. She yawned, stretching out of her blanket and patting Jagga fondly, who snorted an assumed "good morning" and continued dozing. Standing, she looked out to the lagoon, which was a funny blue-green color that managed not to look disgusting, even with the legions of moss and cat-tails at its banks. Licking her lips, instead of moving on, she decided she would stay here for maybe another day and whittle at the roll of leather she'd taken from a warehouse in the harbor district of Halifax. With her new sword, she needed to make a harness for Jagga, one that was comfortable for her horse but would support her cutlass and other things, should she gather them.

Unfortunately, Sonje didn't have much knowledge in the art of tailoring, so she was going on little to no basis at this point. She could carve wood, but leather was different, which she quickly recognized as she unfurled the heavy, malleable material and ran her hands over it contemplatively. It was a very long piece she'd brought with her, sufficient to make a harness (and many other things with the leftovers), if she didn't royally screw it up. She spent an hour cutting a crude imitation of a harness—with warehouse shears that she planned to get rid of once she was done—before realizing how terrible the product was. Growling, she built a fire, just to burn it angrily. She began throwing the mutilated pieces of leather into the fire, curling her lips distastefully. Jagga watched from where she grazed about ten yards away.

<style>#je-bust { font: 14px Times; width: 95%; margin: 0px auto; line-height: 19px; letter-spacing: 1px; }
#je-bust p { text-indent: 40px; padding: 0; margin: 10px 0; }
#je-bust p.jeImage { float: right; text-align: right; font: 10px Verdana; font-style: italic; margin: -.5px;}
#je-bust .ooc { text-indent: 20px; text-align: left; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-family: arial; font-style: italic; line-height: 19px; font-weight: normal; }
#je-bust q { letter-spacing: .5px; font-family: Georgia; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; }
#je-bust b { letter-spacing: .5px; font-family: Georgia; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; } </style> [/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 375 OOC: Shhh don't tell drin that he thinks she is pretty Wink Also... SURPRISE *Jumps out*

Late summer, Jiva knew what that meant, it was time to gather as many of the herbs he could find before the fall herbs killed and took over the old summer ones... well those were his thoughts of what happened. That all may or may not be true but he just knew it was his last chance to head out and gather whatever he could find. He was looking mostly for roots because the flowering plants already lost their flowers and proporties of others were better used as roots or stems. He was in a happy mood as his life couldn’t be better. There was so much going on and yet the only bad news was Amy and he had not heard much about her as of recent. That much was fine with him, though he knew Fayne wanted to see her slow painful death.

He kept his eyes bright after he left his packlands, searching for good things to work on and soon found himself close to the water, but what had attracted him, he didn’t know the greens that grew here were not much help to him, well the ones he knew, but when he saw the fire, he knew that he was curious. It was close to New Dawn and he knew that he would get a good cuff in the ear if he did not investigate. That was when he saw the leather go into the fire, a young woman, rather pretty looking threw it, and his eyes went wide as the flames started licking it.

That was when he revealed himself as he dashed out calling out; “oh you can’t just put fire to perfectly good leather!” He called out in surprise. Not thinking of what this woman could do when he ran out into the open and snatched the smoldering leather. He cared about saving what he could even if they were small strips it could all have been salvaged and used. That was what a leatherworker thought and he’d gotten three good cuffs to the back of his head for doing something stupid by his father. He started stamping on the leather making sure that it was not going to continue to burn.

Photo courtesy of Genista

<style>
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#12302e; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 {background-color:#83b080; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2665/jive.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:305px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
(Lol *zips lips* Don't mind Sonje, she's just a feral little brat ^_^ Also sorry for the wait, m'dear)

Sonje by Sie!

An impish grin had formed as she watched the flames slowly envelope the thick laces of leather. But no sooner had her pyromania been tickled, had a sudden awareness seized her muscles, and she snarled in frightful surprise as a young man charged out of the bushes and fretted about the charring leather. Fool! she spat indignantly, whirling in the dirt to snap up the pair of shears again (though this time she held it in battle). Her other weapons lie still by the tree under which she'd made camp, from which she was now blocked by the intruder. I'll do with my things what I want, she snapped, petulant out of frustration. Sonje did not like being surprised. Snarling possessively, perhaps a little childishly, she immediately let him know she wasn't defenseless by flashing the shears in his direction.

But despite her threat, she didn't move to stop him from putting out the leather. Take the scraps and go! Sneaking up on a girl like that— what're you crazy?! Her pale eyes glared, but the menace faded as her fear did. She'd gut him if he tried anything, and it was as simple as that (she convinced herself). Jagga hadn't come closer, but seemed disturbed by the commotion, and was watching alertly from the sidelines.

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 307 OOC: Squabbling like lil girls

Of course Jiva was a fool, running out in the open towards a canine who could probably gore him. He saw the sheers and jumped back, stumbling on the burned leather he stamped out, but was on his feet again defensive. Yes anyone could do anything they wanted to their stuff but this was perfectly good leather. He stood his ground though. He was now a Delta of his pack and he would make damn sure it was safe and the woman pointing something sharp at him made him feel defensive. He wouldn’t leave though. If she did this often than he had to do something about it... well not her showing a pair of scissors at him, but throwing away leather that could be worked around and fixed.

“I was not sneaking up! You are close to my packs borders,” He bristled. She wasn’t extremely close but with their situation she was close enough for examination. “And I just happened to see you throw it in the fire when I came to see who you were.” He pulled the leather back with his foot, keeping his eye on the woman. He deliberately used the leg that had the knife strapped to his leg, made with leather of his own making. He wanted her to see that he was armed. But he didn’t go for the knife instead he picked up the leather. “If you call yourself a leatherworker you would never have thrown this in the fire. It is a waste of fine leather and an animals life.” He said. Grunting at the burned parts. Of course they would be no use now, but there were parts that could be made into strips, possibly to work things ou into a project or even decoration. He looked at her frowning.

<style>
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#12302e; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 {background-color:#83b080; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2665/jive.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:305px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_JivaPlant1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
(haha, a tiny mexican standoff.)

Sonje by Sie!

When he didn't immediately leave, Sonje pulled her lips back defiantly, wanting to spit at his words. But he was holding his ground, even patronizing her, she thought. She was enraged for a long second, but her lips fell into a soft purse, the line of her muzzle set grimly and her eyes of wild rice slitted, exotically stoic and dangerous. She considered him like this for a fleeting moment, as if debating how worth it would be to attempt to kill him anyway—that feral she was—because he could be a potential threat to her life further down the road. What if there was some type of law in these lands that forbade leather burning? There'd be wanted posters of her in the morning if she let him go!

Childishly irrational, she sniffed and straightened, easing her grip on the scissors and turning them into her palm, but not quite relinquishing them. "I'm obviously not a leatherworker, and I see no value in an animal's life but to feed my own," she said, maybe meant to be obnoxious but she was clearly just a little wild and naive. Food was her sacred. One who'd had to feed herself for so long held eating above any other desire she had—a savage little nymph who's sin was surprisingly something like gluttony. Not that he would necessarily know all this from her very touchy reply, but it was somehow implied.

She realized she was wrong a second after she'd said it, but she'd die before admitting it. "If you want those butchered pieces so bad, I said you can take them," she snapped impatiently, actually feeling embarrassed that he'd found her failure, and further flustered her by being the handsome defense of the wild preserve. Sonje rolled her eyes, desperately trying to inwardly regain a composure somewhat relevant to a tame being. She wasn't in the middle of the wild anymore, where every loner took what they could and would kill you for things you didn't even need anymore. That was why she burned it—that, and her frustrated disgust at her creation. He'd also mentioned there was his pack nearby, she'd be even stupider to further antagonize him.

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 246 OOC: I am SO VERY SORRY!! If you see me active and not posting to our thread for more than a week you have every right to slap me!!!

This woman was stubborn!! He looked down at the leather in his hands and back up at her shaking his hand, “I don’t think I believe you, unless you took this from someone else, if you took the time to skin the animal and prepare this, then you are more interested more than meat from it.” He said, His fingers traced a spot that was relatively unburnt, “If you would like I can show you some tricks, then you won’t have to make mistakes like this,” He said after a second’s hesitation, wondering if her was really certain he wanted to do this, she was making it clear that she did not want him around.

Jiva stayed placated as he stood, trying to get her to see he was not there to harm her, though he did feel bad about his harsh words and he frowned a little at her last few words; “Look I am sorry, it was a terrible reaction. I suppose I got use to it from my father.” He said, if the woman would not allow him to show her anything then he would leave her be. His ears were at half mast, neither submissive nor dominant, it was just appeasing really. He waited for her answer and would step forward to give her the tips he had or step back and go home. She was aggitated but did not seem like a threat to New Dawn.

<style>
[/html]