[m] i hope i don't upset the light you defend
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

I was reading a ton of old posts and so my writing style got weird. >>;
But here ya go! +470

Vesper had never really needed anyone before.

She was a loner born of a loner, a creature who offered love to those who needed love, who grieved when they were gone but didn’t lose her soul because of it. She’d always spat at those who gave their full devotion to another canine and left themselves vulnerable and open when that canine inevitably betrayed their trust. She was solitary, and she was strong.

And now, she was a little bit scared.

The scarred woman scratched at the back of her head, tousling her short, messy mane. It was a nervous tic, one that she noticed as soon as it occurred, dropping her hand again. The other collapsed something to her dappled, pale chest, dark cord looping out of the gaps between her fingers. She shifted her weight to one side then the other, but she didn’t know how she was supposed to stand; she always over thought these things when she didn’t have two additional legs to bear the weight.

After a moment, she sighed, knowing she could never ready herself. All this was was an apology, and it was rare enough that she gave those. Her sister came to mind, but she’d still never truly forgiven her sister and didn’t expect Sparrow to forgive her—but they were family, whatever that meant, and she had learned from the Lykois that family would always come together again.

But Vesper was not a Lykoi, like the woman she thought of now, and so there were no guarantees. She could apologize for being an asshole, and Myrika didn’t have to forgive her. Well, she might feel obligated to, but words meant nothing, and maybe the damage she’d done to their newfound relationship was too much to fix. Something would change tonight, but she knew it could easily be for the worst.

She pulled her hand away from her chest and opened her fingers. The mutt had done a good job; the little wooden carving looked like it would toss its mane and gallop off with the herd if it wasn’t on its cord. She’d have to thank Asher again later, just to see his dog tail wag.

The coyote closed her hand again, looking off at the rich but fading colors of the sky. Perhaps dusk wasn’t the best time to knock on someone’s door, but she’d seen some of the falling lights, and the cheesy romantic in her hoped they might help the situation. It was impossible to stay mad at the beautiful sight. Hoping that wouldn’t come back to bite her in the ass, she took ten steps and rapped her knuckles on the framework of the schoolhouse, hopefully quiet enough not to wake all of its guests.

“Myrika,” Vesper stage-whispered, clutching the carving so hard it hurt, “can we talk?”

<style type="text/css">
.vestarchaos b {color:#6d758f;}
.vestarchaos .ooc {color:#6d758f; padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; text-align:right; padding:0px 10px;}
.vestarchaos p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vestarchaos {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1ya3ow.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#5e443a; line-height:20px; text-align:justify;}</style>[/html]
[html]

(685) oh lordy tl;dr sorry. tbh fifth paragraph is all that's needed. tl;dr -- myrika comes out of the schoolhouse superawkwardlike, then stands there and looks apprehensive. 8D

Myrika is by Bobbi!

The village was eerie quiet with the absence of most of its occupants. Only Halo, and at that presumably, remained behind. Kaena was likely off meandering the mansion or some other part of the territory; her scent rarely, if ever, strayed more than a hundred yards from the border. Oblivion and Amnesty were probably off causing some mischief somewhere -- she could hold they were practicing or studying at something, but it was a futile sort of hope.

The schoolhouse had felt almost crowded for some time -- though there was still room enough to cause an echo through the hallways at times. It was therefore unexpected to Myrika that she'd feel lonely with this peaceful and quiet time to herself. But, she was, all the same. Her head cocked to listen to the relative silence, she contemplated (and hardly for the first time) just what exactly she was doing leading Inferni. At times she was comfortable within the clan, at times she still felt the stranger she'd been a year ago. One of these two opposing and intertwined perspectives ought not sit at the head of the clan, she knew.

Although Myrika understood the fearsome position Inferni carved for itself, and that contrast to reality, she did not see why the same end could not be achieved through friendliness with one's neighbors. Why should they need to hang skulls when offering flowers might provide surer protection? Sooner or later, someone was sure to realize Inferni's fearsome reputation was not well-earned -- especially not with herself as the Aquila. Who would she ever intimidate?

These thoughts were ones she only allowed herself when alone. They were not to be shared elsewise -- they were too dangerous, too doubting. And so they fled away with the speediness of chased prey at the soft sounds of footsteps approaching. There was a pause and silence as the presence hovered near the door, and Myrika dared not move from her seat on the floor near the dead woodstove. Her tawny ears perked, thinking the stepper would soon enter -- surely it was Kaena or one of the schoolhouse's other residents returning?

The voice to hail her, though, was far too young to be the graveled voice of her grandmother, and much unlike the voices of her little cousins. The Aquila scrambled to her feet and out into the hallway. She opened the door slowly and hesitated. Should she go out? Should she invite Vesper in? She didn't know, and in the end decided it didn't matter since they both had legs and could mobilize themselves if necessary.

The redhead came out of the schoolhouse without any grace, half scrambling to exit and almost stumbling against the slightly raised doorsill. She recovered before completely ruining her exit, though, and proceeded to wince at Vesper, her ears half-mast. Hi yes, she squeaked, so quick the words were quite nearly smashed together in one word. Myri was certain Vesper was here to... what? Threaten to leave Inferni? Myri didn't think so. Threaten to break up with her? They weren't even together. Inform Myrika they were no longer on speaking terms? Their ranks required them to be on speaking terms.

The tawny coyote was suddenly aware of what a poor idea it might be to engage in such a relationship, where they might be entwined by not only their feelings, but their ranks and whole clan, too. Wasn't there a human adage about that somewhere? She could not quite recall a single relevant thing from any book, perhaps because her mind was reeling with apprehension at the Centurion's visit. She should not be so unnerved by one who was, in hierarchy, her subordinate, but she was anyway. And yet -- none had objected to this. Ezekiel had told her so frankly, and even Kaena hinted she did not mind if a relationship made Myri more likely to consider children in the end. If there was some ill thing to occur, surely it was all in her head. Both Ezekiel and Kaena were more worldly than Myri.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]
[html]

;__; I give Myri all my loves. Aaand I guess most of this is relevant even without longspeech. +608

There were footsteps in the schoolhouse, and the coyote’s heart beat at a pace normally reserved for near-death experiences. Her large ear swung forward then back again, and she waited until Myrika appeared in the doorframe—or fell into it, that was closer to the right verb. The awkwardness might have been endearing if not for the clear apprehension, and for a second there was something close to pain in the Centurion’s eyes. Had she caused this? Her mind flashed back to Juniper, the look in her eyes after Ves had murdered who was little more than a cocky boy, the clear refusal to go with someone who’d done something so heinous.

The memory was agonizing, and she almost fled; her weight shifted, and she drew in a shaky gulp of oxygen to power her flight. The weight of the wooden pendant in her head kept her still just as much as sheer willpower did, and she only took a step back. Her posture had changed, devoid of the faux confidence she always carried if she didn’t feel the real thing, showing her small size and even her age. She was, what, almost three years old? A few months younger than the woman before her? A luperci at her age was very much an adult, but it didn’t change the fact of how short a time she’d actually been on the planet as one.

Vesper had meant to ask Myri to walk with her, but that all went out the window when she realized she couldn’t ask any more than she had already. At the speedy phthisis of her plan, she was momentarily vulnerable—and then she straightened her back and inhaled again. She could keep on her toes in a fight, and now was no different, if the rhythm of her heart didn’t lie.

“I’m sorry,” the coywolf said heavily, and with those two words of her chest, it became easier to speak. “For the—our argument. Well, my argument; you never did anything wrong, and I was just being a bitch, because the fight with the poachers made me scared and I guess I get bitchy so no one knows I’m scared.” Her words were clumsy and unrehearsed, but they pulsed with sincerity. Her muzzle pointed to the ground with shame, her fingers playing along the edges of the wood horse and still obscuring it from view. “So it’s—it’s all my fault. And I don’t fault you if you just want our—whatever it is—to be just business if you don’t think you can deal with me.” She wondered if that was right to say, then shook her head and continued. “But I—I really like you. It sounds kind of…stupid, or cheesy, but I’ve never cared about another woman as much as I’ve cared about you. I mean, with them, it was easy to just be there if they wanted me to, and I didn’t care either way, but… I want to be with you, for as long as you’ll have me.”

Her hands continued to fumble, and it took an effort to stop their fidgeting. She hooked the cord with an index finger and lifted it, displaying the wood-carved horse. “And—this is for you, anyway. I don’t take credit for making it; one of our Tirones did, a kid who helped Helotes and I drive off the poachers for good.” She hesitated, more words on her tongue, but she swallowed them. She wasn’t made for long speeches, and even everything she’d said sounded wordy to her ears. So she gave a little careless, fragile shrug and concluded, “If you want it.”

<style type="text/css">
.vestarchaos .ooc {color:#6d758f; padding:0px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; text-align:right; padding:0px 10px;}
.vestarchaos {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/1ya3ow.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px; padding:370px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#5e443a; line-height:20px; text-align:justify;}</style>[/html]
[html]

(429) BAWWWWWWWWWWWW. Also powerplay deal with it (no seriously, PM me if need changed, but I thought dis ok? you do what you want too >____>)

Myrika is by Titmouse!

Surely if there was wrong in these messy relationships of business and pleasure both, it would not be old custom in wolf packs and coyotes both, Myrika suspected, for the alpha pair to be together. If it was contrary to a clan's survival or harder on that pair, it would not occur. And anyway, difficult love between different groups -- let alone different groups at odds with one another -- seemed both difficult and unfulfilling. Myrika could not imagine a relationship -- not that she had ever actually had one, anyway -- where there was great distance between herself and the object of her affection. It just appeared contrary to the way relationships worked, as she saw it. Then again, maybe some were comforted by that distance as much as she was comforted by closeness?

It seemed the balance of all her future hung there in the air between them. Whatever words Vesper spoke would be momentous, Myrika felt -- there had been something akin to animosity, or at least as close as they'd ever gotten, in their last parting. Would this continue? The coyote's ears pricked up as her companion spoke, all the apprehension draining away in the first two words. Instead, and with direct contrast to her expectations, the mottled woman spoke on and at length, explaining more than their last encounter -- which Myrika would apologize for in turn, no doubt. On the contrary to what Myri had been so afraid to hear, Vesper spoke more and even spoke words that made Myrika feel dizzy and lightheaded, as if her heart was about to explode out of the base of her neck.

Though the gift was wanted, she could not content herself with a mere trinket when the real thing, flesh and blood and bone, stood beside her. Lovely as the carving looked from afar, it was not that smooth wood Myrika wanted in her hands. It was the warm touch of Vesper, the scarred arms wrapped around her and her own arms wrapped around that tawny, steel, and snow streaked body. She brushed it aside and instead slid herself into Vesper's arms, wrapping her own around the slim waist of the other woman. Her nuzzle at the woman's shoulder was delivered precisely, and she buried the tip of her muzzle in the other woman's hair before drawing it back to press the tip of her nose against Vesper's. For once, words failed her, and she could only whimper a babbling and garbled thing that resembled more of a canid sound than any discernible speech.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

<333 +354

Silence made the pulse of blood in her ears more strident, and Vesper found her eyes flickering desperately over her Aquila’s features like they might an opponent. She looked for a tell, something to predict what might happen, but it became increasingly hard to focus as the handful of seconds passed, especially as Myrika’s beautiful turquoise eyes beckoned to be watched instead. She waited for an answer as they flickered briefly over the proffered pendant, but then the tawny coyote stepped forward, and Ves obliged by holding her tightly and burying her face into her neck.

She’d never felt this. It seemed a waste of time to stop and analyze the feeling, so instead she simply felt, her fingers crooked into the other’s fur as she smothered herself with the other’s marshy, horsey scent. It took a minute for her to determine that her light-headedness wasn’t all emotion, and that she did sort of kind of need to breathe, but there was only a brief reprieve from suffocation before their noses touched.

Vesper responded to the noises in kind, letting a happy whimper carry weight words could not. She adjusted her grip on the pendant’s cord so it would not drop into the grass to be lost to the encroaching darkness, and then she reached up with her free hand to touch Myrika’s face, marveling at the tapering muzzle and the locks of dark sienna hair she could get her fingers around. She wondered briefly what her own face looked like, with its points of dark and light fur and its numerous scars, bumps and ridges along her snout and beside her eye, but she figured it didn’t matter.

There was more she wanted to say, such as to invite her to see the last of the falling lights in the sky and to prove to her that she was willing to change as far as the horses were concerned, but they were less than a prickle in her mind. She returned her muzzle to Myrika’s, and made sure on her part that it wasn’t the same shy kiss like the first they’d had.

<style type="text/css">
[html]

(--)

Myrika is by me!

Her mind was blissfully blank, free of wandering and apprehensive thoughts. Perhaps that was why she liked Vesper so -- no one before had ever been able to quiet the cacophony of her brain quite so effectively before. While Thamur had taught her exactly how to listen, even then her mind was prone to meandering off the present subject and into memory and contemplative thought until the old coyote had rapped his knuckles against the wall of their cabin.

There was no daydreaming, no conscious contemplation, though, with her body squeezed up against Vesper's. The redhead did not realize the tightness of her grip until the tawny-hued woman withdrew. Vesper's hand was against her cheek, and Myrika pressed her face into it almost forcefully, going so far as to set her teeth into the fleshy part of the pale white hand. There was no pressure to the bite, however, and she only nibbled a moment before she released the hand and pressed her mouth into the kiss.

Her hands set on the gentle curve of flesh between Vesper's neck and shoulder on either side of her head. One slid southward and the back of it brushed -- accidentally, or at least close enough to look accidentally, it was not entirely clear -- against Vesper's breast, though Myrika did not linger in the least. Instead, she slid this hand to Vesper's back so she might press their bodies together more closely and drowned in the overwhelming rush of elation that chased all rational thought from her mind and made the tips of her fingers, toes, and tail tingle with delight.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

+383

When she felt the teeth against her hand, a wicked smirk slashed across the scarred coywolf’s muzzle, although it was still simply tender around the edges. She hadn’t really expected the Aquila to be forceful, but maybe this was all just a long time coming, a culmination of awkward smiles and longing glances. The thought made her tail wag in amusement, but she obviously didn’t complain about the behavior. She’d let Myri chew her other ear off before she stopped this.

Vesper was happy just for the touching, and her free hand continued to stroke the other woman’s hair and fur, running along her arm and caressing her neck and just under her jaw, which she tilted to kiss at a slightly better angle. It was almost impossible to count all of the tactile sensations, but one in particular caused her to almost drop the pendant in surprise. Her eyelids fluttered, but she didn’t question or protest as her small body was pressed closer to Myri’s willowy, long one. She almost wanted to jump up and cling to the tawny luperci, but the image was laughable, and she knew it would likely result to a loss of balance and a tumble to the ground and a squished Vesper.

She was loath to break the kiss, but with a lighthearted flick of her tongue over the other’s nose, she broke contact. Her hands continued to clutch, and there was just about no space between their torsos, but she took a second to smile at Myrika, tilting her head. “You are gorgeous,” she said succinctly, and then she lifted her hands, stretching up on tiptoe so she could drop the corded necklace around her head. It took a few gentle tugs, and she pulled the mahogany hair out from underneath the cord and to the side. She grinned and explained, “Don’t want to lose this,” before adjusting the carving as it hung just at the point above her chest. Her gaze lingered on the wooden horse then flicked back up to the Aquila.

“Walk with me?” she asked, her voice soft. “We could go out in the meadow.” She gestured lightly out from the village and glanced pointedly at the schoolhouse, knowing that it’d be awkward should any of Myri’s houseguests walk past the scene.

<style type="text/css">
[html]

(534)

Myrika is by me!

Even as a dreamy teenager, the tawny-furred coyote had not considered that she'd ever actually end up with anyone. A pariah in youth and, in truth, all until she'd ever even come to Inferni, Myrika had naturally assumed she was doomed to a lifetime of loneliness and unrequited crushes, snatches of meaningless physical interaction where she could find a partner willing enough to look past obvious physical defect and awkwardness of personality to at least give her a little time to forget all of the above. Though Myrika had never put much thought into what she wanted out of a relationship, or what she would look for, she thought Vesper was that thing she'd never considered before.

There was a fierceness and independence to the scarred woman Myrika loved, and while she thought perhaps she did not understand the whole of Vesper, there was time enough for that. If everyone waited until they knew every inch of a person before loving them, love would never happen. Maybe this was the thing to make her forget about her lost piece of this larger family and immerse herself with starting her own? Maybe Kaena was right and it was stability she needed before procreating. That thought, in particular, still made something inside her shrivel, and she did not want any such distractions in this moment. Thankfully, the closeness and touching was enough to bring her mind to a happy blankness, happily ignorant of past and future both.

When their closeness was broken and Vesper spoke, some vague part of Myrika wanted to protest, but she only smiled and reached out to touch the half-chewed ear. Vesper, too, was beautiful, but perhaps her protest would be even stronger than the one part of Myrika wanted to give. She dipped her head to receive the necklace and glanced downward at it, admiring the fine workmanship and the wildness of the horse there. Thank you, she could only just squeak. It seemed the power of speech was only half-returned to her, and she still felt addle-brained from their closeness. It's lovely. You're lovely. She wanted to add that the whole world was lovely, too, but even in this moment she knew that wasn't true.

I'll go anywhere with you, she managed to add in response to the question. She felt, for once in her life, as if she did not possess the right words at all for how she felt, and it was a foolish sort of feeling, to be unable to express herself. It was usually easy for Myrika to express her thoughts, albeit the social aspect of the whole thing made it more harrowing than if she'd just been speaking to a rock or a horse. I can't... I mean, my words, she said, stumbling over what she wanted to say. They're not enough, she finished, wondering if she was supposed to tell Vesper she loved her now, or later, or at all? That was such a momentous thing to say, and what if Vesper did not reciprocate her feelings? It seemed apparent enough, but even with clear hints the redhead inwardly fretted.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

PP of them walking and everything else, lemme know if I need to change it. :B
Also you get my 700th Vesper post! 8D +600

Vesper had only a base understanding of love, and she had regarded it as something nigh untouchable for so long. In her mind, it was a word not to be used frivolously, and she’d never truly thought of herself loving anyone. Even her family—her mother and sister—had been regarded with instinctual affection and provided for, but she didn’t think she loved either of them (or at least not quite yet, as was the case with Sparrow and their awkward, healing relationship). She had not come close to loving anyone but Juniper, but in hindsight that had been all hormones and exploration and the fierce desire to protect, something that would elevate her as protector, rather than something equal and mutual. With how badly that had ended, Vesper was hesitant to say she loved Myrika, only because this was all new and frightening and she didn’t grasp the true meaning and scope of the word.

But right now, she didn’t need a name for it. She was content to hold the woman for as long as she could, and show her affection in all the ways she could. She smiled at the touch of her mangled ear and smiled a bit harder at the other’s squeak, although truthfully it took a lot of effort for Vesper to sound as confident as she did, with seasons of training to present herself without weakness. Even then, her tongue was sure to stumble, and she was quiet at the other’s praise, only nuzzling her and wagging her tail hard. She really would have to thank Asher and do something for the kid; maybe she’d return the favor someday and hook him up with someone.

Myrika said she’d go anywhere with her, and Vesper considered the words, wondering how honest they were and how much of them had come from the moment. Hating herself for being cynical and letting memory get in the way of the moment, she shook her head and responded, “And I you. But right now—just the meadow.” She grinned and grabbed the woman’s hand, clutching it perhaps a little tight since she could not clutch all of her at once. With gentle, playful tugs she began to lead the woman away from the schoolhouse and the other human buildings, her eyes flicking skyward to see the streak of the Milky Way across the darkness.

“It’s okay,” Vesper told Myri earnestly, giving her hand another little squeeze. “I mean—you’ve always been smarter and better at words, and—well, nothing I can say would work, either.” She shook her had to show what she thought of words, anyway, and soon enough they were standing in the grass. Ves peered into the darkness, her ear strained forward, and decided no one else was around for a show.

She turned around again, delaying pouncing on the lovely Aquila again, instead reaching for her other hand. Her ear fell back against her messy hair, her eyes locking on the horse carving again. “I wanted to talk to you about something else,” she said. “About the—the horses.” She concentrated hard on the wooden creature before finally looking up into Myrika’s red-splashed face. “I want to learn how to see them as you do. I want to understand and…learn how to take care of them, and deal with them. My attitude about the whole thing has always been wrong, and… I want to progress.” It took a lot for the prideful woman to admit her mistake, but this was the only soul she’d admit such mistakes—those of her viewpoint and opinion—to.

<style type="text/css">
[html]

(406)

Myrika is by Raze!

It was easy to love in easy times. Without hardship to test one's feelings, it was all just superficial -- with no guarantee of loyalty through even the toughest, there might always be a change in feeling. And even then, with those tests, there still might be changes of feelings. But Myrika could not know these things, having only read books -- which were a terrible source of how love was supposed to work, really -- and so did not even think of them. To her, there was only that blissful feeling and the naive assumption that all would last forever in such a state.

Her wrist was taken in hand and Myrika was all too happy to trail along after Vesper, unmindful of the serene summer evening. It might have been raining buckets or snowing fiercely and she wouldn't have minded -- that their surroundings were as pristine and pretty as her feelings was only an added bonus. Her fingers interlaced in Vesper's, the redhead's ears flicked downwards with Vesper's compliment, though she did not refuse it. She did not know how to receive a compliment, and so she didn't know how to give one in turn. Her attempt was feeble and fumbling.

Doesn't matter if neither of us can say how it feels, I guess, she said, pulling herself closer as Vesper took her other hand. The tawny coyote was not quite as close to her paler companion as they had been a few moments ago, but it was still closeness. As long as you can admit it's all your fault, she said, grinning fiercely despite the weakness of her words. The taller woman paused, both ears pricked forward with interest at Vesper's words. She listened intently, though there was hesitation in her response.

I'll help you however I can, she started, hesitated. With whatever I can. But... I don't want you to do things because I do, either. She didn't truly think Vesper would acquiesce to a whim so easily, and so spoke again quickly. It's not your style to do that, I know, but I have to make sure, too, she continued, almost wanting to clutch at the pale hands in order they might not be pulled away. But she also knew it was Vesper's right to pull away if she wanted, too, and Myrika's whims and wants could never impose.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

And then my post smells like stinky cheese. :c +356

The coywolf had always enjoyed her space when she had it, mainly because she would have gone insane as a loner otherwise. She slept well by herself, and unexpected touches only ignited her natural fighter’s paranoia. All of this went out the window with Myrika, of course—Vesper could delight in the closeness of her body even when only parts of them were in contact. It made her want and feel wanted, and it was a sort of luxury she’d never thought she would have. She still had to wonder what it was like on the redhead’s end, though, running fingers through fur to find naked or raised streaks of scars. She was proud of each of her scars, and saw them as proof of strength in others, but it occurred to her that it might detract from her appearance, too. Luckily, it was obvious that Myrika didn’t care about that.

Vesper chuckled as the other attributed blame to her. “I can admit it,” she agreed smugly, lifting her chin and grinning. “My rugged good looks leave all the ladies speechless.”

The playful banter halted when it came to the matter of horses, and she could see the Aquila weighing her words carefully. Her concerns made sense, but Ves was quick to try to banish them. “No one can make me do what I don’t want,” she said seriously. “I’m not really asking to learn much; I just want to try to understand better, at first. I don’t think I’ll suddenly want to jump on a horse and ride it off into the sunset”—she grimaced—“but at least I might be able to help out.”

She grinned again, then, and gently pulled her hands out of the other’s grasp, only to run them up Myrika’s arms to her shoulders. “Besides, it’ll give us something to do together. If that doesn’t work, we can always switch to another plan. You know, in case this gets old,” she said, and kissed her again. Since they were no longer occupied with the necklace, her hands roamed more, exploring the muscles of her back, at last finding her hips.

<style type="text/css">
[html]

(389) not as stinky as me and my posts 8C

Myrika is by Raze!

They do, Myrika said, murmuring her agreement although it was not Vesper's looks she most valued. It was the feeling the other woman provoked within herself -- something akin to overwhelming relief, though there was nothing at which to be relieved, aside from their minor quarrel. There was also a peculiar desire Myrika did not recognize, at least not immediately. It was a desire to protect the scarred woman and make sure, in the future, whatever scars her enemies landed were well-won -- though Myrika knew she was not half the warrior Vesper was. That was easy to see, after all.

The redhead nodded vigorously at Vesper's words -- she had come to understand this, and maybe even envy it a little. Perhaps a lack of acceptance had given Myri over to an over-eagerness to please others. She felt, at least vaguely, that she generally gave up her comfort at times for the pleasure of others. This would have to cease in her Aquilaship, for who would follow a leader unable or unwilling to stand up for herself? Perhaps she might absorb some of this quality from Vesper herself. Or, outlandish as it seemed, maybe even ask for advice as to how she might grow more assertive.

We'll ride off into the sunset yet, the tawny coyote said, her grin barely tempered into a smile. Her lips writhed with the effort of it, for she did want to grin broadly and maybe even toss Vesper around and up into the air -- dancing, or at least, as close to dancing as Myrika could come. Her mind's eye still saw herself as an awkward and gangly teenager, and therefore Myrika thought whatever passed for her "dancing" was probably more akin to a seizure. But only when and if you want to, and not a minute before. She did not intend to rush Vesper into anything -- working with Farai in particular had educated Myrika as to just how much coaxing and goading could engender more stubbornness.

Her jaw opened and hung ajar in play shock, though it closed quickly enough again at the kiss in order it might be returned. Myrika could not imagine this ever growing old -- not with the hands on her hips and back. She slid her own arms around Vesper's shoulders, draping them there casually.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Vesper smiled brightly at the other’s barely-suppressed grinning, although the picture of her and Myrika riding off into the sunset was more awkward than romantic. She knew she’d be clinging helplessly to the woman’s tawny back, anyway, likely terrified of getting jostled off the horse. The one time she’d ridden a horse with Helotes had, of course, been doubly awkward considering the fact she’d hardly even tolerated him then.

But she did not spare a thought for her friend tonight, other than knowing he would probably tease her relentlessly once he heard of this. Truly, she did not care what Inferni heard and what Inferni thought about it; it was not in her nature to care. All she cared about right now was the soft weight of the woman’s arms on her shoulders, and the budding thought of mischief sparked by the other’s grins. She was getting a little tired of standing…

The coyote planted smaller kisses along the side of Myrika’s muzzle, her nose brushing the fur of her cheek, as her hands trailed up her sides from her hips. Fingers danced wickedly along her ribcage, and she hoped the Aquila was ticklish or would at least jump enough that she might grab her and drag her down into the soft grass for some major snuggling.

<style type="text/css">
[html]

-- maybe myrika likes the jostling and clinging O_O also omfg derrrrrr adorable forever. idk if this counts as powrplay because you indicated it should happen in your post, but I'M DOIN IT AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME AHAHAH (but serious, PM if need changing)

Myrika is by me!

She could forget about most everything else exactly where she was. There was no more Inferni, no other packs, no other canines. To Myri, the whole world over had become the few feet of grass around them and the stars overhead, and then the burning sun at the center, leaning close to kiss fire against her muzzle. This quiet of mind was known otherwise only in sleep, for her mind always worked over everything at least twice and sometimes endlessly. Contemplative thought was obliterated entirely, however, and there was only their closeness and solitude.

And maybe that was why she didn't see the tickle coming in the least. The jolt and tingle of the feeling on her ribs, unknown for long years, came as a complete surprise. The tawny hybrid yipped and laughed, her body jerking. Without warning, she found herself abruptly and unceremoniously horizontal, her back on the ground. Vesper was half over her, and Myri wrapped a hand around her and pulled her the smaller woman was half nestled into one arm. She nuzzled at the top of the Centurion's head, moving to nuzzle behind her scarred ear.

Not fair, she protested, albeit softly and with a smile. Her own fingers sought after Vesper's ribs, though her touch was a light sliding of the fingers against a side colored tawny and steely gray. She felt over each faint rise of rib and down across the taut side of Vesper's abdomen, where she lingered and instead concentrated on nuzzling through the short-chopped mane to the neck beneath.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

now look what you did myrika

Vesper was triumphant, but even as she lunged for the fallen woman, Myrika pulled her closer. She relinquished control, snuggling into the crook of her arm, and grinned softly. It was strange to be held in such a way—she was used to being the one to do the holding—but the change of pace was…pleasant. She gave soft licks to Myri’s bottom jaw and cheek and wherever she could reach, doing her best to press closer against the other’s side.

Her voice was soft behind the ruin of her hair, and Ves grinned again. “Oh, come on,” she retorted lazily, draping an arm around the other as fingers ran down her side, “everyone has a spot, sweetheart.”

And, it was about that time that Myrika found it—an innocuous place on her abdomen, just below her lowest rib on that side. The gasping noise she made was decidedly not that of a ticklish victim, and as the sensation jumped to parts of herself she didn’t think about on a normal day, she made the decision that they were probably going to be here a while.

<style type="text/css">
.vestarchaos p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
[html]

388 fjafijwf all of my replies today get to be to awesome postssss and things eeeeeeee ;_;. also mark mature or fade out or whatever you want to do, i give no sheeeets up to you <3<3<3

Myrika is by Aly!

For her part, Myrika had not experienced attraction that had progressed as this had. Though of course, the small, slim coyote's form had attracted her on first sight, Myrika was used to such things and more used tempering them and keeping them to herself, as per Tyveni. More than that, though, she found enjoyment in Vesper's company from the start. They had shed blood for one another, fighting to protect one another and their clan. All her silly strange worries of repetition and rejection were for nothing, for there in her very arms was her scarred coyote, pale blue eyes gazing into her own of turquoise, a grin on her face.

Myri did break the gaze, though, to lift her head away from Vesper's neck and tilt it back, presenting the small curve of her own for the licks and nuzzles. She was quick to look back up, at the woman's sound, however, and both ears swiveled forward with distinct interest. Myrika's own grin played on dark lips. She nudged a mottled shoulder with her nose and wriggled away from Vesper, though her arm carried the scarred coyote with her. Settling the other woman on her back, Myri now leaned over her, pressing half her body over Vesper's. She kept one elbow on the ground, too wary of her size to lean all of her weight over the smaller canine, and kissed her briefly and with perhaps just a little bit of clumsiness -- and a little bit more intensity than clumsiness and brevity both.

Her muzzle dropped to nose at the rosary drooped around a pale throat. Her fingers, meanwhile, danced along the exposed parts of Vesper's abdomen and side. They deftly avoided the spot that had evoked such a lovely noise -- until, sliding over that same spot, they lingered and gave a small squeeze. Everyone, she murmured in agreement at long last, but spoke no more, for her teeth quickly found a gentle hold on the woman's neck. She nibbled just above where she had nuzzled just a moment before. The closer leg leaned across Vesper twitched, and a moment later rubbed against the tawny-colored calf. All of their warmth and closeness made her whole body want to writhe and shiver, though she held most of herself still.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

+417

Vesper almost wanted to clap her hands over her mouth, but they were otherwise preoccupied with running through the other’s fur, and only stilled for an instant as she caught Myrika’s grin and knew there wouldn’t be any turning back. Her smile was more sheepish, but that did not diminish the desire sharp in her face, and she squirmed in the grass as the taller woman shifted their positions, leaning close over her. This position was something Vesper was not used to; she was used to passive partners, females she offered pleasure and comfort to without truly expecting anything in return. That wasn’t to say she didn’t like it, and she returned the kisses for as long as they lasted, her fingers curling briefly in the grass.

Her breathing grew shallow at the teasing touches, but she did not give in and beg. Her blue eyes fixed on the constellations as they came out, a tooth pressing into her lip, until Myri pressed the spot on her abdomen and she whimpered. Similar noises were elicited by the teeth nibbling along her throat, and she found that she couldn’t just lay and do nothing, even though the acute heat bleeding from the core of her body half wanted her to.

Releasing the grass, the scarred coyote grabbed for the other’s arms as something to anchor herself, then gave up trying to stay in control and let her hands wander at will. They caressed Myrika’s cheeks, brushing back to her hair, coming down to the hollow of her neck and lower still. “Might be hard to believe,” she whispered between shaky breaths, breaking the mood briefly to look self-conscious for once, “but I have to admit I’m not really—not done this a lot.” The scarred, snowy female had been about her only experience in this form, but that hadn’t been real desire so much as a desire to keep her from looking so sad. Now, she wanted to please Myri and not make a fool of herself, and all she had were half-instincts and the common secrets she learned from the nights she couldn’t fall asleep.

She pressed her muzzle into the other’s neck, offering the curve of her throat a few languid laps with her tongue, and explored the globe of a breast. She drew a knee up, letting her leg brush against as much as the other as possible, trying to quiet any uncharacteristic, fretful questions she might have about whether she was doing this right.

<style type="text/css">
[html]

Myrika is by me!

The body beneath her was muscular, palpably strong beneath her fingers. She had touched Vesper before, but not at such length and in such ways. It was, therefore, almost surprising to feel the shifting muscle beneath her fingers. Her blue-green eyes lingered over Vesper's form, drawn to the faster rise and fall of the chest, the fingers gripping the ground, the squirming and wriggling. Her ears, half-mast with vague apprehension, swept forward again to hear the small noises. Her flesh seemed to tingle where Vesper touched it. She murmured a soft sound into the pale fur of Vesper's throat, wordless and half a whimper, though she withdrew as the coyote spoke.

Her belly tightened at the husky sound of Vesper's voice and the unprecedented uncertainty in her words. For a moment, Myri could only look at Vesper adoringly and desirously. The quiver in her voice was unknown to Myri, as was the admittance of her inexperience. The redhead wanted to wrap her arms around the slim coyote and squeeze her, but the insistent tingling on Myrika's skin and the tightness in her abdomen demanded more than hugs and holding. Me either, she said, her own voice low and half an exhale. I think we'll figure it out. The last word came out in a half gasp, and she leaned her neck into the slow motion of Vesper's tongue. A bolt of lightning ran along her spine as fingers found her breast, and she could not keep from arching her back into the touch.

See? she said. The playfulness of the grin was still there, but it had also acquired the intoxicated sheen of desire, too. Nothing to it, she murmured, shivering at so much touch and closeness. She wriggled up so she was almost over Vesper, though she still supported herself with a leg and arm on the earth. Her muzzle dipped low to nudge in the same spot where she herself had been touched, though Myrika's tongue explored tentatively along with her nuzzling touches.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

+307

It was quiet in the meadow, and the close-pressed tawny bodies were nearly hidden by the long, plush fur of the summer grass. Shaky breaths, quiet whimpers, and husky murmurs were the only sounds Vesper dared make, as much for her own dignity as to keep this covert. That was truly all the attention she paid to her surroundings, however; a falling star could crash into the ground beside them and she doubt she’d notice—and if she did, she wouldn’t stop this, wouldn’t ever stop this.

The look the turquoise eyes gave her brought a warm flush to her neck and ears, and she loved Myrika more than anything else into the world. Her uncertain smile blossomed into an amused and tender one as the redhead responded, and then was hidden against her neck as she continued with her ministrations, gently kneading the soft flesh under her fingers. She was almost surprised at the reaction, marveling at all the different places on the luperci body that evoked such feeling, but didn’t stop until Myrika shifted again.

Her small form was eclipsed by the other’s tall one, and Vesper wanted to wrap her arms around Myri and bring her down on top of her, removing the space of air between their feverish flesh. She could not easily reach as much as she wanted to like this, and so she let one hand fall back in the grass, the other tracing the edge of a large ear and coiling around the curly ends of mahogany hair. She clutched the earth again at the touch and murmured something that their more pious comrades might consider blasphemous, and all she could do was shiver and touch the other’s hair as her tongue swept over the area, brushing an even more sensitive point formerly hidden by the soft white fur there.

<style type="text/css">
[html]

311 awkwardmyri4u! sorry for all of the random exposition crap about sex. Myri doesn't get to think (not that she is thinking?) about this otherwise. >_>

Myrika is by me!

Myri had never been given the chance to explore a body as she did right now. Things had been clumsy, rushed, and over too quick with the gray pixie. Before Myri had even known the curves of her body, that particular presence passed out of her life -- and perhaps a good thing, too, because Myrika would not have known how to face her again after what had occurred between them. In this case, however, Myri wanted to awaken from sleep every day to look on Vesper's face in the morning's light.

It had never been this way with Thamur, either -- though perhaps some part of Myrika had hoped it would be. She had never thought about sexuality and preferred to avoid it, but she had needed to know. And she'd figured it out, hadn't she? There was nothing of what she'd felt with the gray pixie with him, let alone what she felt with Vesper. She had loved Thamur, too, in a way -- he was a friend, and a mentor, but she could not love him in this way.

There was a soft touch against Myrika's ear, fingers entwined in her hair. The expletive goaded her to lick again, and then set gentle teeth against pink flesh. She drew her free hand over the mound of flesh, and then, a moment later, shifted her weight so the other might play at the opposing breast. Perhaps it was a particular breath or a slight movement on Vesper's part, or perhaps simply Myrika remembering herself, but the redhead suddenly realized how she was positioned. She broke her mouth's contact and looked up guiltily. Are you okay? I'm not... too heavy? she said. Even as she spoke, her treacherous fingers traced curves of flesh and touched, as if they were unmindful of her question altogether.

<style>
</style>[/html]