Buzz, little bee
Backdated to 10th August

They had lived with him for several weeks now, they knew who he was although not in such a higher conscious way. They knew he was safe somehow, their instincts told them to trust him and so they tolerated his presence. And now he would release them into the wild to survive or perish. The jewels he had traded away for them were worthless to him so in his own eyes it was that dog trader that got the raw end of the deal. The small black and yellow queens were valuable past value. Even as he let them out of their jaws, they were reluctant to leave his familiar presence and instead buzzed about him, unsure of themselves and occasionally landing on him.

He spoke to them softly, as though to his own children, murmuring soft words of comfort to them, though they did not really hear him. Before him sat proudly three hives he had constructed with his own two hands, aided and assisted by his knowledgeable father. One for each queen to make into her empire. They would soon grow uninterested in him and move to explore the homes that they would know were perfect for them to inhabit. But for now he was content to watch them lazily drift about and alight upon his head or shoulders and outstretched hands. The boy was the description of peace at that moment, feeling the connection to the wildlife that struck so much deeper than other people, his family exempt of course.
[html]

sorry for the delay! <3

Skye was content at the moment - although there had been rocky parts in the history of her life recently, and although her stomach was steadily growing more plump with the life growing inside of her, she found herself content on that day. The air smelled of her pack - all the members, mingling together to create an earthy, wonderful scent that defined who they were, together.

One scent stood out stronger than the rest - she realized that it was of Jace's family. More specifically, Honrin. He had been quite busy since he had joined Cercatori d'Arte with his mother and brothers and sisters and father - even Skye was impressed at the young Luperci's integrity. Drawing closer to the scent, she saw the white male not too far off, with some odd-looking boxes that she did not quite recognize.

Padding closer, she cocked her head as she saw a bee land on Honrin. "Careful, Honrin," she said. "There is a bee on you - it may sting."

<style type="text/css">
.skyefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fefbee; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #333e46; }
.skyefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cde4f3; text-align:center;}
.skyefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skyefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#cde4f3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fefbee; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.skyefreebe01-border1 {width:506px; border:1px solid #485259; margin:0 auto;}
.skyefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b5cee0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
He was focused enough on his bees and the homes he had built for them that he didn't notice Skye creeping up on him until she was almost beside him and spoke, therefore the Alpha would have seen him smiling at the small black and yellow insects before everything drained away from him, leaving him monotone before he had a chance to react to her presence. He turned and looked at her, his eyes dull and lifeless, the bee that was currently using him as a resting place buzzed and crawled along his arm,

"Hello Captina. She won't sting me, she knows who I am." In any other voice than his monotone one he might have sounded arrogant or big headed but like this he didn't, he was simply stating a fact. "I traded some useless junk for the three of them, the dog girl was too stupid to see the real value in life, she was more interested in the worthless hard gems." He looked down at the crawling insect as he spoke, and wished he could communicate normally with the Alpha,

"I didn't know it but she's the one that attacked my sister, if I had known, I would have cut her throat and left her to die." It was almost eerie the sameness in his voice, as well as his lack of emotion,

"My father helped me to build the hives for them, we went to Halifax and found some human books on it and worked with those. I built them mostly myself though" The queen crawling on him took flight again, whipping around his head and the alpha before setting down on one of the hives and crawling inside to investigate. He would be glad, later, when Skye had gone and he could feel again.
[html]

It was strange, how all emotion slowly drained from Honrin as he realized that Skye was there. She wasn't sure what it was about the white son of Jace that caused him to lack all emotion unless with family. She wasn't sure if it was a sign that Honrin was unhappy, or if it was merely his personality, and the way that he dealt with things.

"It's a wonderful idea," she said, praising him for his hard efforts. She knew that he was a hard worker - he had already proven that much. "This will be excellent for the pack. Thank you." She already had been able to craft some candles out of beehives and wax that she had found, but this would provide them with honey as well - the sweet substance would surely be sought after when trading, and would be useful to feed to pups who were just beginning to wean.

And yet she couldn't shake the feeling she got from his almost robotic responses - it was almost eerie how monotone he sounded, how much he sounded like he wasn't alive at all. "Are you alright, Honrin?" she asked genuinely; there was real concern there in her voice, concern for the strange-sounding Luperci before her.

<style type="text/css">
.skyefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fefbee; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #333e46; }
.skyefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cde4f3; text-align:center;}
.skyefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#cde4f3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fefbee; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.skyefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b5cee0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#00+
[/html]
The praise would mean something to him, but later, it was always later. He would work for the strength of the pack using his own strength to better it. It would become great, greater than any other packs out there. His mouth tightened into a line and the thick knotted scars across his face distorted unnaturally. The buzzing stopped as the third queen found the last unoccupied hive and crawled her way inside. He would watch over them now and hopefully their colonies would grow and grow and in time he could make more hives.

He turned to face Skye, his eyes narrowed slightly, trying to find meaning beneath her words. It was foreign to him the idea that somebody would actually care rather than just judge him. Everybody else had done so apart from his family so was it any wonder he had not accepted other people into his circle, the circle of color. He turned his head away and up, watching the clouds for a moment before speaking,

"I am damaged, I have been my entire life."
[html]

He had clouds in his eyes - she could see it. There were clouds where usually, was brightness in a canine's eyes - awareness, regularity. Honrin was not like others. He was robotic, monotone.. she was not sure what he meant when he said that he was damaged, but she knew that it hurt him, and anything that hurt her pack was an enemy to her.

"Why do you say that?" she asked softly, prompting him to open up to her, or at least speak his mind; even if the slightest of words could make Honrin feel better about his place in the world and with others apart from his family, then she would consider her job done. She did prompt him now, but not out of morbid curiousity or a sick desire to harm him further with probing questions, but out of a want to help him, to see if there was anything she could do.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#00+
[/html]
"I say it because it is regrettably true." He was the sun king, the prince of the summer, it was unfair to him that he should be this way and not able to fully experience the splendor that should come from within. He should be angry at the world, feel the darkness of hatred curl within his soul, and need to share his pain with others. But even when he was almost whole he found he could not, could not harm his family in such a way, bare to them his unnaturalness and his damaged mind. Around him the dark crept closer, the boy was only as strong as his mind could stay in the light. Darkness called to darkness. He alone would see what others could not, unable to help, he saw the worst monsters this world had ever seen. He remembered well that day so long ago into his youth, the sapphire eyed black souled creature that had come hunting his mother in her most desperate hour, when she had clung to her life by a single thread. That same demon haunted the white furred mind hurt woman Gemma.

"How much have you felt during this single conversation? Concern? Interest, maybe fear and anger." The boy paused for a second, bringing his face up to the sun, "I feel nothing... nothing at all. All because you are here within my senses." His eyes turned to her, their dullness not cutting through the pure golden note of them, that seemed to link through him to the other world, "Every time I am approached by any of you, strangers! Strangers to my heart. I get to feel myself torn away, ripped apart and smothered. I lose everything, of who I am, who I wish to be. Buried away, forced down until I am as I am now. Empty." His voice never wavered, his expression did not change. The sun king forced to view the world through a barrier, in black and white, for all intents as empty inside as a robot.