New life new meaning
Isa had been more then a little depressed about the passing of one of her pups and because of this, she would spend most of her time at his grave. She was able to pull herself away the other day though and she knew she had to concentrate on the life her and Hadley had made together, the little bundle of fluff named Amatha. She had gone back to the house and spoke with Hadley, figuring it was time to bring Amatha back into Casa so she could meet her family. Her beautiful eyes had just recently opened as well, revealing a mix of brown, blue, and green which formed a unique hazel color. Isa held the small child in her arms and smiled as Amatha curled up against her, falling asleep in Isa's arms. While she was asleep, Isa thought it best to bring her to Casa and their growing family headed back to their home.

Remembering that there were a couple of other females pregnant at the time, Isa decided to talk to Jazper and asked if she could extend her duties in her co rank, which he happily agreed upon, allowing Isa to act as a midwife for the females as well as a pup sitter. She met with Adriana first, who would be due in probably two more weeks, and brought Amatha along with her to introduce to the others. Isa searched for Neela next, knowing she was probably a month along by now. She wasn't entirely sure where the woman was though but hopefully she would find Neela soon.
[html]
Neela is around the pools The Crying Tears. She's a month pregnant with a litter of 5 so is showing a lot.

It was a bright, sunny day and for once Neela wasn’t in an absolutely horrible mood. Today the collie had been wandering through the territory, sticking to the safer parts as she had started doing since all the commotion along the border recently, and in doing so had found an odd addition to the landscape consisting of several pools of water filled by runoff from a river.

Neela had no idea how such an odd formation had come around and quite frankly didn’t care. What she DID care about was the fact that several saltwater fish were currently trapped in the pools, weak and slow from the unsuitable environment. Over the past hour Neela had managed to catch three of them and had been enjoying fresh fish for the first time in weeks. Salted was alright, to some extent the salt was a good flavouring for fish in Neela’s opinion, but nothing could beat juicy, fresh fish hooked straight out of a river.

At the moment the collie was sprawled at the edge of the largest of the three pools, a thin coat of grease soaked into the fur on her chin the only evidence of the three missing fish. There were two left on the pool but Neela had had her fill for now and was amusing herself by scaring the two remaining in this pool and enjoying the warmth of the day, protected from overheating by the shade of the trees above her.

<style type="text/css">
.risinghope b {font-weight:bold; color:#a38750; letter-spacing:.5px}
.risinghope p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.risinghope {margin:0 auto; width:600px; background-color:#471e00; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/1vif8.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #885004; padding: 330px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#a27e36; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
245+

[/html]
After a little while, Isa finally spotted the collie at The Crying Tears. She was sprawled out near the largest of the pools when Isa came up to her with Amatha in her arms. Hey Neela. It’s good to see you. She smiled as she sat down beside the pregnant woman. How have you been feeling? Having just been through it herself, Isa knew how tiring a woman’s pregnancy could be.

Isa looked down as Amatha slowly woke, head turning every which way as she observed her new surroundings before her tired eyes fell upon Neela. Excited, the young pup quickly scampered out of her mother’s arms and made her way over to sniff and observe the other woman as Isa chuckled. Seems she likes you. She would need to get to the reason why she was there sooner or later though and Isa figured now was as good a time as ever. I have spoken to Jazper and I am able to act as a midwife for you and the other females, if you want me too that is. I was wondering if you would like me to be there for you and help you through it. I’d be more than willing to help you with anything you needed.
[html]

OOC.

Word Count → 535

Neela’s ear twitched as she heard somebody approaching through the forest. She tried and failed to make out their scent but the strong scent of fish coming from her chin blocked it out so she had to crane her neck, though the awkward position didn’t stop her tail from wagging happily when she saw who was approaching.

Neela gave a quiet bark in greeting to Isa, ”You as well Isa.” she said in response to her greeting. Her ear flicked, showing a hint of displeasure, at the follow up question, ”Been feeling restless and ain;t got the energy to go anywhere. Missing my hands as well, been ages since I’ve been able to catch fresh fish and this feels like cheating. Tasty cheating though,” she grinned, showing off bloodstained teeth from her recent meal, before quieting down a bit, becoming a bit duller as the considered whether to continue her answer, ”A bit scared.” she confessed, ears lowering,”When I had my first litter it was only a single pup and I was worried there was something wrong with me that I didn’t have more, now I’ve got a large litter and I’m worried I’m gonna have too many.” she chuckled, half because of the contrast and half to try and reassure herself

The Amatha woke and Neela’s thoughts were torn away from her worries and focused on the adorable little bundle of fur scampering over towards her. Neela dropped her head down, laying her muzzle flat along the floor so she could be level with the puppy. She waited patiently as Amatha sniffed along her and then pounced when the puppy moved across her face, muzzle darting forwards an inch to lick Amatha across the muzzle.

Chuckling Neela turned her attention back to Isa as she spoke, offering her services for a task Neela really hadn’t been expecting. Neela’s first reaction was to reject the offer, a knee jerk decision born from the desire to save face, to try and hide her fears. She paused before she actually said anything, trying to figure out why she had been so instantly opposed to the idea.

Age featured chiefly. The women that had helped Neela through her first birth had been much older than her, veterans of many litters of their own. Isa was half her age and it prodded at Neela’s pride somewhat, accepting help from someone so younger then her at a moment when she would be at her weakest.

Neela snorted quietly, shaking her head. Pride had no place in this matter, just what would help her pups. Neela raised her head to look Isa in the eye, smiling, ”Thank you Isa, I’d be honoured for you to help me.” she paused for a second, chuckling, ”Perhaps between us we’ll even manage to scare Tony off, or at least keep him out of the way.” Neela did want her mate there but had no illusions as to how useful he would be during the actual event. Still smiling she lowered her head down again, still keeping Isa in her vision but giving some attention to Amatha, blowing gusts of hot air from her mouth at the pup. ”Hopefully they’ll come out as well as Amatha.”

<style type="text/css"> .neelastar b {font-weight:bold; color:#37370f; letter-spacing:1px; font-size:13px;} .neelastar p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;} .neelastar {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#909179; background-image:url(http://i39.tinypic.com/357on02.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2c392f; padding: 415px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#dfdcd6; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} .neelastar .wordcount {color:#37370f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dfdcd6; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;} .neelastar .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;} </style>[/html]