The eyes of the horse, p. Shaw
[html]

OOC here!

It was official. She was safe and sound. She had a rank in a pack, a place to call home, a territory to explore--nothing could stop her now. Boaz strutted beneath her as they road towards the stables. She'd gotten directions a few times and now she could see the building coming up infront of her and smell the livestock inside. The paint mustang snorted in his walk, ears swiveling towards the building.

The pack must of had tons of riders. The calico she-wolf took in the various scents of luperci that had come and gone. Boaz haulted at the entrance to the structure, allowing his companion to hop off. As she landed her pretty eyes grazed the area. She couldn't see any members of the pack right off the bat but at the number of horses that were held here there would surely be someone sooner or later.

Frodo had had his horse. She wondered briefly if he'd be by soon to pen the horse up himself. Although the friend's company wouldn't bother Sigh she half wished someone she didn't know would be present sooner or later. The more canines she met here the better. The friendly woman was always interested in friends and hardly interested in being shy.

Slowly she coasted Boaz in, found herself a brush and set to combing him off. Bags and belongings set aside the mustang seemed to perk up even more, happy to lose the weight of what he'd carried all these weeks. Her hands grazed by his neck and then she brushed out the dirt and loose hair from his back. As usual in this moment a song came to her mind. She hummed soothingly to Boaz who had always enjoyed her singing voice. At one point she even broke into song as quietly as she could.

"Yippy ti yi yo, get along little doggies. It's your misfortune and none of my own." Boaz snorted loudly, lifting his head up to whinnie. The she-wolf laughed. She was no southern woman and her cowboy song did her little to no good. No matter how well her voice was she couldn't dismiss that fact. With another laugh she patted her horse's side and stepped back to look over her handy work.

Believe me when I tell you that I
never want to see you again.
<style>
.sigh p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.sigh b {color:#FF4040;}
.sigh-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.sigh-charname {text-align:center; font-family:arial, sans-serif; color:#FF4040; text-shadow:#76EE00 0px 0px 4px; margin:5px; font-size:20px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.sigh-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/29gftle.jpg); border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#FFFFFF; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px;}
.sigh-ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.sigh {background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #76EE00; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#66CD00; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 303 OOC: this is what Mirage looks like: LOOK AT ME! Also Saqui is equipped with a bow and arrows but other than that has nothing other than that :0

Saqui was taking Mirage out for a run. A fun and great past time for the two of them. She also took the time to practice shooting her bow and arrows from the saddle. She had to use the saddle to be able to hold on and borrowed one from the stables. It fit Mirage fairly well and she found a plays in the pasture where no horses were and she’d be able shoot a tree from a far. She had to keep up with the practice, and to shoot from a moving horse was something hard and special to do. She was no entirely accurate with it, not every time and she had plenty of room to learn. Her father had taught her though, and he was a fine hunter which in turn helped tune her into one as well.

After a good half hour session she trot walked the horse to cool her off before heading back to the stables to water Mirage and brush her out. As she walked the animal in the stables she heard a sound and someone, was that singing? She wasn’t sure it was different from the cherokee she was used to. The horses hooves clopped on the ground as she walked towards the other who was also brushing a fine specimen; "Osiyo, Ale ayv dagovgi Saqui Utina. uwo'du sogwili
"
She said with a smile on her face as she pulled Mirage up near and began untacking the horse starting with the saddle, she uncinched it, and let the belt drop, the horse giving a quick snort, but she was paying more attention to the other horse and in particular the woman. She wasn’t fond of other wolves besides Saqui.

<style>
.saqhorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.saqhorse p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

Skip the first paragraph if you want! Tongue Nice horse, I haven't seen that kind before?

Boaz was an amazing horse. Sigh had found him in the indian tribe where she'd stayed all those years down by a river. He was something that struck awe into her as she watched him from afar. With his beautiful ebony and ivory coat shining in this summer lighting as a young two year old he had taken her mind away from her. It was soon she tracked the owner down to offer a trade. The male had thought she was crazy; she hadn't even ridden him! Sigh didn't care, however, and used both looks and charms to steal the horse away. After the trade they'd been inseperatable. She used him in the fields and to cut the cows, or just to ride. His tall fifteen hans followed her like a puppy.

Lost in the world of her and her horse she wasn't prepared for the words a female that came out in a strange language unknown to the english fae. As she swiveled her head for a peak she found herself looking at a hybrid, mostly wolf looking, with patches of brown and stunning blue eyes. A horse trailed behind her and looked a bit shy. Assuming this by the body langauge of course, Sigh gave it a smile and looked back at the girl.

"I'm sorry... I need... English?" she offered lamely. Her tone of voice was friendly despite her confusion. She gave a small laugh at her lack of skills. Boaz snorted a bit from behind, looking back at the brown woman. "I'm Sigh," she said slowly and then pointed to her mustang, "This is Boaz." She gave another smile while her eyes took in the fact the woman was armed. A slight fear of being not accepted by the girl came into mind but she forced it away. If this woman rejected her she would surely find someone that liked her in the pack. Even without the fear, however, her stomach was hosting dozens of butterflies.

<style>
.sigh-charname {text-align:center; font-family:arial, sans-serif; color:#FF4040; text-shadow:#76EE00 0px 0px 4px; margin:5px; font-size:20px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.sigh-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/29gftle.jpg); border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#FFFFFF; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px;}
.sigh-ooc {font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.sigh {background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #76EE00; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#66CD00; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: oh fun stuff!! and it seems the translator hover isn't working she said "stop that Mirage" ^^; / +318

Of course Saqui knew that not everyone knew Cherokee, but she hoped some would as they had when she first met a few so she always tried to introduce herself in the tongue the Great Tribe preferred. She smiled as the woman asked her to speak english and she nodded; I said; Hello, my name is Saqui Utina, and that you have a beautiful horse.” She nodded at Boaz. “It is very nice to meet you.” Mirage looked over at the two and laid her ears back feeling she wouldn’t like them right now and showed it with a quick loud neigh and a nip at the other horses front flanks. Saqui being there kept her from actually touching the other horse and pushed her back even with the saddle in both hands; “hesdi yisquadetodehesdi Mirage, friends and you better think twice before biting." She said then turned to the other woman; “I am sorry about Mirage, she is not a friendly horse towards others.” She found the saddle’s place quickly and took the unbitted bridle off the mare who was now giving Sighet the stink eye, trying to see if she could reach the woman before Saqui pushed her back more.

“I am new here. It’s very different from the great tribe.” She said quietly as she found a good bristled brush. Her eyes were on the woman now, but she was absently brushing the horse, getting sweat and dust off the animal. It seemed to calm her down considerably too; “how long have you lived here?” She asked curiously. She wanted to get to know her fellow tribe members better. If she was going to stay here she would have to find new friends and quickly for homesickness would set in soon enough and she knew it.

<style type="text/css">
.saquiapp .ooc {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:left; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; font-weight:bold;}
.saquiapp b {font-weight:bold; color:#d9d427; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #233602; }
.saquiapp p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.saquiapp {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TLnYC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d9d427; padding: 400px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Ariel; font-size:15px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.saquiapp p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.saquiapp p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
table by Nat

[/html]
OOC – SORRYYYYYYY. -flail arms- I am so late on this. School was more than I thought it'd be this year :I

IC – 

As she smiled and translated her previous words a better smile was showing on the woman's face. She was always happy to see people handle her ignorance so swell. Other's would react so unkindly it made the fae quite sad. Thoughts of her mother briefly distracted her mind so she missed the other horse's actions. The calico wolf snapped out of it as the woman again pushed the horse away and apologized. "Quite alright," she managed very smoothly, "Boaz wasn't the charmer all his life either."

Smirking at her own large horse she patted his shoulder and set the brush back down where she'd found it. Saqui's horse glared at her, but she simply nodded at it and watched her put the tack down. "I've never learned to ride with a saddle or bridle. Do you ever ride without them?" she said, offering small talk as she leaned against Boaz's black and white side. The horse whinnied quietly.

Then Saqui explained how new she was, shocking Sighet a bit. For some reason she'd always assumed she was the only new member of the wonderful pack. The knowledge changed her outlook on just how rich the land was with new faces. "I'm new as well. I came up from another tribe I was in south of here a few days ago. I joined today though." A bond formed in her mind, making the she-wolf want to be the woman's friend even more. Her smile was even more friendly now.
[html]

WC: 327 OOC: All good Smile school first ^^

Saqui was happy the other woman was taking to her horses behavior so well. Saqui was use to keeping her mare back from others but knew that some wolves did not appreciate horse bites or kicks in the least, even ones that were being planned but not made; “Oh I normally go bareback, but it is not easy to ride and shoot arrows without one.” She said, motioning to her bow that her father gave her. She had to have two bows before this one and this would hopefully last her many years. She was proud of her hunting and riding skills and the only thing that matched those was... well nothing really her weaving was average and she knew how to harvest but to her that was more of a skill that didn’t really need showing off.

Saqui’s eyes lightened as Sighet explained she just joined this very day and she beamed with pride; “Well it is good to welcome new members! I too am from the south. From the Great Tribe, which AniWaya split from and came here to.” She said. She had been born her but that could be another tale for the other woman but Saqui was interested in how Sighet learned of this pack; “So how did you come to join this pack? How did you find it?” SHe asked continuing to brush Mirage’s pelt, going with the fur, finding some sweat chunks and working at those as she spoke. The horse loved being groomed and Saqui knew it calmed the mare down considerably. She wondered how the horse would act when she got further along in her pregnancy, she was only three months in too. She looked back at the woman and her horse, wondering what her story was and hoping she would share it with Saqui, she would accept it if she didn’t though. She was not one to push unless necessary.

<style>
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

mrlah

At the woman's words, Sighet found the bow extremely interesting. She'd never had the art of fighting with anything but her hands really. It fancied her just fine to watch other's use real weapons. She starred towards the bow, inspecting any specific designs on it and what it was made from. As a carpenter she was known for her eye for other artwork. She appreciated it all and found inspiration easily. That's probably why she was able to make so many things whilst cooped up in a dungeon.

"That's really quite interesting. You'll have to show me sometime, yes?" It was more of a teasing question than a literal one. Putting a bow in the calico wolf's hands might create injuries for herself or any other pack member around at the time. Her new friend Saqui mentioned the other pack name of the south and she blinked recognition into her eyes. Yes, she'd heard of it before. The Great Tribe was not only known to the wolves she'd stayed with, but she'd heard many other people mention it in her traveling.

"I've come to find that AniWaya is on many tongues at once. In my travels for a home far away from the basement I was raised in I was directed here by some sort of fate." It was true. The random encounters with stories of the northern tribe had brought Sigh and Boaz to this area. She gladly had sought the place out for a home when she'd become in the market. "Plus," she added, "I'm spent many a weeks down in a coyote tribe down south. It is where I found Boaz and where my respect for this culture has come from. AniWaya will be a good home, I am sure." Then she patted the horse's rump and smiled at her new friend.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 204 OOC: ok i know we planned on them doing SOMEthing or was this a wing it thread? XDD

Saqui did not miss the interest in the other woman’s eyes and her face lit up. She nodded enthusiastically. To show someone something was what she was made for was it not? She would be happy to teach anyone whatever she knew. “I would be happy to, though it would be best if you learned on the ground first.” She said, this was the first time she showed her true age. Nothing but a pup at heart, but it soon was masked away and the giddiness was well hidden again.

Her eyebrows went up a little when the woman spoke of being raised in a basement, she knew of such things but was she really hearing right? She gave her a confused looke; “You were... raised in a basement? Surely you left it I hope!” She said, perhaps she took that statement a little too literal. She knew a few coyote, met one or two on the way here, but they always kept to themselves. She nodded; “I am sure you will do fine here. I’ll help you if you need any. Did you choose a profession yet?” She asked her curiousity getting the better of her.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]
ooc: Pretty Table. -le drooling- and i dun remember xD| WC: 000
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292 ... table2.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

SIGHET MONTARAY

The calico fae nodded eagerly when Saqui suggested teaching her. She would be delighted to learn, on the ground or not, and it'd give her more time to bond with a fellow pack member. Friends were always important to have. As they spoke and she mentioned the tale of her history a funny question arose. Sigh was very blunt about her past, although she didn't really advertise it too much. She wanted people to know she wasn't like the evil she'd grown up with.

Regardless, she replied back without changing the smile on her face. "Ah, yes... I was held captive for trying to free myself from a strict mother. I was able to be released when she passed away but I didn't feel like I was truly free until I came here, to this country." In fact, the woman had been very depressed until there was time to sort out her emotions on the boat ride over. On the ship she'd understood exactly what she wanted: to laugh, to be loved, and to be free. Gaining her freedom was a vital part of what made her so carefree in those years she traveled throughout Northern America.

"I'm a fae of many trades. I can dance and sing as well as carve wood. When they let me into these borders I took on the rank of a carpenter."

Blue eyes looked the woman up in down, the flecks of turquoise being highlighted in the lighting.

"What rank do you have here?" She tilted her head curiously while she waited for the answer.

Table by Miyu
[/html]
[html]

WC: 309 OOC: Rawr!

At Sighet’s admission Saqui could just stand there open mouthed for a little while before shaking her head and closing her jaw; “That is horrible, I am so sorry to hear that. Any place would sound far better than where you were, I am glad you were finally able to leave!” She said feeling awefully lucky for her father. “I lived in the great tribe with my brother and father. I was born here though. I still don’t remember much, but sometimes when I come here I am reminded of my mother.” She said, it was nothing compared to the other woman’s story. She wouldn’t even want to compete with such a sad story.

It seemed Saqui was not the only one of many trade and she nodded as the woman listed off each one, “I am afraid I know nothing of carpentry, but I do know a few songs and dances of the great tribe. I’m nothing good, but I could teach them if you don;’t know them already? Many of them are for the festivals and stuff we have.” She said She didn’t have the best voice in the world, but neither was she horrible. “I am of the Agriculture rank. I help feed the pack and the animals. I’m a good hunter, that’s what I was practicing earlier, I work with horses well enough and I can weave decently.” She said. Some thought the agriculture rank was nothing special, but it took many hands and was a deal of hard work. If they wanted to keep their horses and cows they would need someone to grow and harvest the food the animals ate. Not to mention wolves would get a good deal of nutrients from some of the things grown in the fields as well.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]