[M] Individual Aftermath
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]
[html]

Takes place just after/alongside the birthing thread.

Everything was happening so quickly that it seemed like a blur: Jace going psycho, ‘Rin’s wounds, ‘Gina freaking out, it all seemed to blur together into a mess of noise and colour, leaving Keldava lightheaded and confused. The blood loss probably didn’t help with that; after an initial period of not bleeding at all her hand seemed to be making up for lost time, letting loose a steady stream of red that had dyed her hand crimson and was now dripping onto the roots of the tree Keldava was leant against.

Despite the severity of her wound – Keldava still couldn’t bear to even look at the exposed muscle and bone underneath the flap of flesh and muscle that had been torn up – Keldava had refused any treatment, chasing Talesin away until he had helped ‘Rin and retreating away from all the commotion, pointedly refusing to remain within the white male’s reach until her brother had been dealt with.

However behind her urge to ensure her siblings safety Keldava was scared. After an initial period of pain which had practically set her whole hand on fire much of her hand had gone numb – the actual cut still hurt but the rest of her hand was cold and without feeling – and no matter how much she tried she couldn’t do anything with it. Fearfully, though she tried to make the action casual and not cause Tal’ to rush ‘Rin’s stitches, she raised her hand in front of her face, keeping the palm facing her so she wasn’t sick.

As hard as she could Keldava tried to close her hand and ball the fingers up into a fist. Nothing happened. Well, not nothing; her index finger bent slightly and came inwards about half an inch and her middle two fingers shook slightly but it certainly wasn’t a fist. The only thing she could move properly was her thumb, though doing so caused her great pain at the moment.

Keldava wished that she could go back over and see how ‘Rin was, but blood loss and nausea had left her light headed and at the moment she was stranded leaning against her tree, claws of her good, left hand digging into the bark to help her stay upright. Until one of her family noticed her condition, or Tal’ came over to help her she was stuck here.

<style type="text/css">
.keldavle .space {width:360px; height:400px; float:right;}
.keldavle b {font-weight:bold; color:#290d00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#474037 1px 1px 2px;}
.keldavle p.ooc {text-size:12; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.keldavle p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.keldavle p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.keldavle {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; max-width:730px; background-color:#beb09c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DefXX.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-size:12px; color:#474037; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:georgia;}
</style>[/html]
Tension was high in the Wolfe-Denahlii household. Screaming from the labouring woman in another room, blood everywhere. He'd taken care of what he could, but someone had avoided him as best as she could. He'd done what he could for Honrin, now... now he needed to take care of the young woman who was clinging to a tree. His strides were purposeful as he aimed his steps towards the girl. "Keldava, it is your turn now. We aren't far from my house, and that's where you are going."

His voice was firm as he approached her. His gaze dropped to the injured hand, noting the presence of blood on the tree roots. He couldn't help but to notice the way she was clinging to the tree, and he stepped up to her, getting his shoulder to support her weight. "Come on. I can fix anything, I can fix you too."

He'd lead her to his house where he would make her soak her hand in a bowl full of heated salt water, and he'd make her a cup of willow bark and rose hip tea while he figured out what to do from there. First thing first was to get her back to his place, away from the commotion of her family, and get that hand cleaned.
[html]

Hooray for shock. You can pp him getting her inside and started if you want.

Keldava swayed in place against the tree, somehow dizzy despite her hands keeping her steady against the wood. From being wide awake hardly 20 minutes ago, Keldava now felt like she had been running for two days – emotional exhaustion, bloodloss and pain combining their effects - and it was all she could do to stop herself drifting off to sleep right then and there.

Keldava’s eyes were half-lidded when Tal approached her and she only half heard the white male when he started talking, gazing at him in confusion. When he stepped forwards and started supporting her with his shoulder she tried to protest, murmuring as she pushed away from him and the tree, only to stumble as soon as she had lost her supports. Growling quietly to herself she stepped back, this time taking the offered ahoulder and putting some of her weight on it, her good hand snaking round Tal’s back to grip his other shoulder for more balance.

Tal’s claim was heartening but Keldava was still worried, her confused mind having just enough sense to note that something was wrong. ”My hand doesn’t hurt,” she slurred quietly, letting Tal lead her along, ”It’s cut bad, can see the bone an stuff. Shouldn’ it be hurting?” Keldava whined, half in fear and half in confusion. ”Face hurts though.” she commented sleepily, not entirely sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

<style type="text/css">
.keldavle .space {width:360px; height:400px; float:right;}
.keldavle b {font-weight:bold; color:#290d00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#474037 1px 1px 2px;}
.keldavle p.ooc {text-size:12; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.keldavle p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.keldavle p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.keldavle {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; max-width:730px; background-color:#beb09c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DefXX.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-size:12px; color:#474037; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:georgia;}
</style>[/html]
((Let me know if the pp is too much! Otherwise, here we go! LOL))

Her words confirmed his fears. Blood loss and shock were combining in her to make a potentially deadly combination. He was glad he'd been watching her as closely as he'd stitched up her brother, Honrin. "It will hurt, it's too deep to hurt right now." He reached for her as she stumbled, relieved when she wrapped her good arm around him. It didn't take the two long to get across the square and to Tal's house. He propped Kelvada up as he pushed open the door, and practically dragged her to a chair.

He eased her into a sitting position, and then spun around. Myrddin poked his head into the kitchen, and Tal looked up at him. "Good. You're here. Help me out. I need warm -not hot- water. I need several of the smaller needles at the table. I'll need my astringent salves, and my poppy seed tincture. Bandages, maybe some splints..." He was suddenly aware that Myrddin had already moved off to begin gathering the things he'd requested.

He turned to the shelves and pulled down the sea salt as Myrddin came in with a bowl of heated water. He nodded, speaking tersely to his son. "Heat up more for a tea to prevent infection and ease bleeding. Avoid Willow bark. Goldenrod for sure...you know the herbs I use. Make a cup of it and be ready to help Kelvada drink it." As Myrddin moved off to do as he said, Tal returned to Kevada's side. He stirred some salt into the warm water, then lifted her hand and placed it into the bowl. "It might sting a bit, but I have some medicine to help with pain." He helped her turn her hand over so he could see the wound better as the salt water began it's work. "I'll need to stitch that, the sooner the better. Keep the hand in the water, it's cleaning the wound to begin preventing infection. Your mother's teeth did that, right? Bites are particularly prone to infection."
[html]

Word Count → 000 :: Sorry for the wait Sad

Keldava stumbled her way forwards, leaning heavily on Tal at the white furred male led her towards his house. Normally Keldava would have been as stoic as she could, making a show of not reacting to the pain and shock but her mind felt weird; blood loss and the sheer sense of betrayal stripping away the false bravado she often held. Instead she whimpered the whole way, giving a quiet but increasingly loud yelp as each step sent a flash of pain through what parts of her hand still had feeling.

After what seemed like a lifetime they finally reached Tal’s house. Sleepily Keldava allowed herself to be led inside and to a chair. Keldava slumped sleepily in the chair as Tal turned away to talk to his son, her eyes drooping half closed. Tal came back and Keldava felt her hand being lifted, not really realising what was going on until she felt it being dropped in something wet and pain blossomed all across the cuts. Keldava’s yelp was loud enough to be heard outside the house and the bowl was rattled when her arm twitched violently, spilling some water but thankfully not overturning the bowl. Keldava’s instincts screamed at her to get her hand away from this weird burning liquid and go curl up in a corner somewhere but she forced herself to stay, gritting her teeth and listening to Tal.

Keldava’s face drooped even more when Tal asked about what had caused the wound. ”Yeah, mah.. mah…” Keldava tried to answer but she couldn’t. Her mind couldn’t connect Mahnaya and the creature that had attacked her, ”Jace bit me, well she was trying to bite Rin but I punched her, but I missed and caught my hand on her teeth.” Keldava was rambling, giving more information than needed and she knew it, it was better than thinking about other thoughts on her mind.

Ufortunately those other thoughts had to be said. ”I can’t move my hand.” Keldava’s voice was small, quiet and scared; her age shining through the mature façade she liked to try and project to the world, ”What’s wrong with it? You can fix it right?”

<style type="text/css">
.kelstreamip b {font-weight:bold; color:#9d1803; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.kelstreamip p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left;}
.kelstreamip p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.kelstreamip .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#9d1803; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.kelstreamip p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kelstreamip {width:100%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#0c0c03; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Yl4cV.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:400px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8e8e48; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-top-left-radius:150px;}
</style>[/html]
He looked at the girl, his eyes soft and compassionate. She was around the same age as Myrddin, and he understood how scary this was for her. As she asked about her hand, he reached over and patted her shoulder gently. "It's probably stiff, Keldava. I'll know when I get a look at it." He looked into her eyes as he reached for the injured hand. "Myrddin will help you drink the tea. It's going to make you feel sleepy, and it will ease the possible pain of me sewing your wound together." He nodded to his boy, who proceeded to help Keldava drink the tea in small sips.

Tal lifted the hand gently as Myrddin was helping her sip the tea, his eyes following the lines of torn flesh. He deftly threaded a fine needle with the horse tail hair. It was strong, and in time it would disintegrate on it's own. Her hand might scar, but it was better than not having a hand at all. He lifted his eyes to meet hers, then began stitching. His stitches were slow and precise, exact and even.

As his stitches came to an end, he lifted his gaze to her again. "How do you feel, Keldava?"