Moving on and out
[html]

Word Count → 664 :: Hurr hurr, takes place on the 15th

Keldava stared at the hunk of stone in front of her, only half comprehending that this was now her home. The issue of where Keldava was going to live now was one she had skirted for a while after the incident with Jace, mostly by going on a hunting trip for as long as possible, spending all her time outside.

Still Keldava couldn’t stay outside forever. It wasn’t a matter of comfort – Keldava could, and had on several occasions, make herself comfortable even on rocky ground; a trait gathered from her love of wandering – but sleeping outside felt too much like a victory for Jace, like she had been driven from her home and was waiting for a chance to go slinking back and Keldava wasn’t in the mood to grant her mother any victories at the moment, even minor, imagined ones.

So she had gone to Skye and asked the leader to assign her a house. Keldava could hardly fault Skye’s choice; the house was an attractive stone cottage with a large tree growing above it to cast shade over half of it. Really it was the perfect house for Keldava; the outside required little maintenance with cobbled walls and thatched roof in very good condition and a pleasant little patch of soft, mossy grass in the shady roots of the tree. But as nice as the cottage was it didn’t make it feel any less empty. It was a fairly large house: an array of rooms on the main floor, a cellar and a spacious attic which served as a room itself and Keldava had chosen for the view out the window and the fact that it had a fireplace to one end. Altogether it was a very large house for one young girl and it felt eerily empty. Restricting herself mostly to one room had helped; decorating the singular room to make it more homely.

The hunting had helped. Hunting with only one hand had been an interesting experience but sheer anger and little else to do had bagged Keldava a respectable amount of kills and with them a decent amount of furs and skins to decorate and furnish her room alongside those she had already acquired.

In theory moving in should have been easy. Aside from her armour and weapons Keldava had few belongings; her furs, the cloak Jace had gifted her, some carving tools and a few random trinkets she had acquired from various places. In theory she could have gotten the house set up in less than an hour – not even trying to furnish the other rooms yet.

In practise Keldava was left out in the street, swearing at both her useless right hand and the bundle of furs that had collapsed out of it, unravelling and dumping the knickknacks contained within onto the street. Keldava carefully put down the bundle her good hand was holding and shuffled over to the mess, glaring at her right hand as though it had purposely wronged her. Talesin had done a good job of the stitches and there was no external sign that half her hand had been ripped open from the back; it just looked like an oddly shaped cut following the shape of her hand. Other than looks though things weren’t so bad. It had taken up until now for the hand to stop bleeding – probably Keldava’s disappearing off to hunt hadn’t helped here – and she had gained pretty much no control over it. Her thumb she could move without pain now at least, though even that made her hand start shaking violently. The fingers simply refused to move at all and even trying caused the hand to shake violently.

Growling out a curse Keldava started to collect her belongings from the ground, a long task with only one god hand, cursing quietly beneath her breath and not particularly caring if anyone was around to hear and be offended by such language from one so young at the moment.

<style type="text/css">
.kelstreamip b {font-weight:bold; color:#9d1803; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.kelstreamip p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left;}
.kelstreamip p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.kelstreamip .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#9d1803; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.kelstreamip p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kelstreamip {width:100%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#0c0c03; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Yl4cV.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:400px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8e8e48; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-top-left-radius:150px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The sound of something falling alerted Hotaru to a commotion outside. Red-grey ears twitched as the blind female listened, trying to figure out what the sound was. Whines from the pups only made listening harder for the female. Aiden and Aysun had finally opened their eyes and were beginning to stretch their legs. Under the watchful eyes of Fawkes and Kelia, Hotaru tried her best to allow them as much time out of their crib as possible. A tiny body bumped into the new mother's leg and Hotaru scooped up Aiden who immediately went to sucking on his mother's finger and growling.

"I'm sorry Aiden. I know you just got out but it's time for you and sister to go back into the crib. Your mother needs to go see what is happening outside." Hotaru gently licked her son, before grabbing onto Aysun who was making enough noise to wake the dead. Both pups were deposited into the crib. Hotaru smiled, glad to see that they had both grown tremendously since their birth.

Once the pups were secure, Hotaru signaled to Kelia for her to follow. The gyrfalcon followed Hotaru, only a little reluctant to leave the house. Although Kelia loved to be near Fawkes, it seemed almost as if she hated baby sitting more. Grabbing onto her walking staff, the blind female made the familiar journey from her room to the outside world.

All it took was a single sniff for the Maven to know who was making the noise. "Keldalva, I heard a crash. Is everything alright?" What Hotaru really wanted to ask was how the pup was fairing with the unfortunate circumstances in her family.

<style/type="text/css">
.koha {margin: auto; padding:5px; padding-top:200px; width:488px; border:1px solid #000000; border-top:none; background:url(http://oi50.tinypic.com/nqtohh.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#bc9b7b; color:#25567b; text-align:justify;}
.koha p {text-indent:50px;}
.koha b {font-weight:normal; color:#033e6b;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait :c

Bent over the pile of dropped belongings and growling at her own clumsiness Keldava smelt Taru before she saw her, though Taru’s current scent lent itself to being identified; the scent of pups - sweet and cloying to Keldava’s nose, mixed with the scent of milk – was fresh in her memory as one she had last smelt on Jace and the association made her growl when Taru’s scent first hit her nose, though she quickly reigned herself in; it was hardly Taru’s fault her and Jace’s pregnancies were timed similarly.

Keldava tried to ignore the presence and focus on collecting her belongings with what little dignity remained to her but even that failed when she forgot about her hand and tried to pick something up normally. The fingers half closed and then spasmed painfully, causing Keldava to let out a stunted whimper at the pain. Taru spoke and Keldava was again trying to hold back a growl at the unspoken question hidden within the real one. Her mother had gone psychopathic and attacked her brother and turned Keldava into a cripple, of course everything wasn’t alright! Keldava answered the literal question, her tones clipped and showing her annoyance. ”Yes. I’m fine. My hand hurts, it made me drop something.” she said in words too formal and angry for a child of her age. Keldava pointedly turned her head away from Hotaru – though the woman obviously couldn’t see the motion so it was somewhat pointless – and returned to picking up her belongings, fishing up a porcelain teacup she had found in Halifax; not that Keldava had any idea what it was, she just took it because it had a nice blue pattern she thought was pretty. Predictably the teacup slipped through her unresponsive hands and fell to the ground, this time hitting a rock and shattering.

For a moment Keldava was silent and then something snapped within her. The teacup wasn't important and normally Keldava would have brushed off it’s destruction but combined with all the other rage inside her, and the simple fact that her hand had caused the loss pushed Keldava over the edge. "Uzula nati, Uzula Nati, Drakeni uzula nati!” She screamed, curling her good hand into a fist and pounding it against the broken pieces. Keldava was just as unheeding of Taru’s presence as she was the pain when bits of the porcelain lodged in her hand, both pain and awareness lost to fury as she pounded at the teacup’s remains until they were implanted firmly in the soft ground and slick with her blood, snarling and spitting as all the pent up rage and fear over Amy and her mother came rushing out.

Spent, Keldava practically collapsed, falling heavily onto her good arm and panting. The heavy sounds were interspersed with whimpers; not from the pain but from the feeling of sadness and helplessness that welled up inside the girl now that her anger was all gone.

<style type="text/css">
.keldavle .space {width:360px; height:400px; float:right;}
.keldavle b {font-weight:bold; color:#290d00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#474037 1px 1px 2px;}
.keldavle p.ooc {text-size:12; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.keldavle p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.keldavle p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.keldavle {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; max-width:730px; background-color:#beb09c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DefXX.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-size:12px; color:#474037; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:georgia;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

A defensive growl was the first thing that greeted Hotaru as she approached yet another one of the Wolfe-Denahlii pups. They had been scorned, treated as if they were outsiders by their own mother. It was a deep betrayal, and one Hotaru knew had hit the young wolves hard. In many ways, Hotaru could empathize. She knew their pain and could understand their actions. Dalgina had chosen to run away, to hide herself in the deepest parts of the forest till she had moved into Hotaru's house. Perhaps Keldava was more of a fighter and took to aggression instead?

The blind female paused in her approach, not wanting to attract Keldava's anger and aggression any further. Hotaru didn't want this meeting to turn into a fight, especially because she wasn't even sure she could win. Calm and collected, Hotaru waited patiently for Keldalva to allow her approach. A whimper of pain made the Maven take a tentative step forward, hoping that the younger female would allow the approach.

Angry words layered with sorrow bombarded Hotaru as Keldalva rejected her verbally. "Is there anything I can do to help? I may be blind, but I'm sure I could assist you in carrying a few books." The sound of porcelain breaking brought both ears flying forward as she tasted the air for blood. For a moment there wasn't any, until Keldalva began to shriek. Hotaru rushed forward, dropping her staff as she tried to calm the young female down as she pounded the ground. An iron scent filled the air and a soft thud sounded as the pup fell to the ground. Worried, Hotaru went to place one hand on her shoulder. It was meant to be comforting, to give the younger wolf-dog some physical and mental support. Raising her free paw, Hotaru command in a gentle voice, "Let me see it."

<style/type="text/css">
.koha {margin: auto; padding:5px; padding-top:200px; width:488px; border:1px solid #000000; border-top:none; background:url(http://oi50.tinypic.com/nqtohh.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#bc9b7b; color:#25567b; text-align:justify;}
[html]

Out of Character text

The hand on her shoulder was warm and soft but even so Keldava jerked against it violently, trying to move away from it but finding no direction that would let her crouched against the ground as she was. Between Amy and Jace Keldava was significantly less open to people touching her than she once was, Gina being one of the few exceptions.

She didn’t see much point in showing her hand to a blind person but obeyed regardless, feeling too tired and drained to protest or do much except comply with Taru’s orders. It wasn’t that bad, mostly just shallow cuts and a few bits of porcelain embedded in it. It hurt, but compared to the hand Jace had injured it was nothing.

Keldava’s ears drooped in embarrassment; both at her inability to even move her own things without the help of a blind woman and at how she had just lost control of her temper. She opened her mouth hesitantly, hand still help aloft while Taru did whatever she was going to do, ”I’m sorry. I… I just… Sorry.” She wasn’t really sure what to say, somehow admitting that she had lost her temper was too hard to do, despite the fact that Taru would obviously know what had happened, even if she couldn’t understand Keldava’s swearing.

<style type="text/css">
.keldavle .space {width:360px; height:400px; float:right;}
.keldavle b {font-weight:bold; color:#290d00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#474037 1px 1px 2px;}
.keldavle p.ooc {text-size:12; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.keldavle p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.keldavle p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.keldavle {margin:0px auto; width:98%; min-width:500px; max-width:730px; background-color:#beb09c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DefXX.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-size:12px; color:#474037; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:georgia;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Keldalva was quick to reject Hotaru's gesture of comfort as she tried to shake herself out of the female's grip violently. But with the ground in the way, all Keldalva could do was squirm in the dirt. Resigning to the fact that the pup had rejected her, Hotaru lifted her hand away. How tragic, for a young wolf to be so wronged by her own mother. Keldalva had been irreversibly injured by Jace, and Hotaru could feel her heart cry out towards the pup. "I understand." Hotaru's mind drifted briefly towards Adrian and his betrayal. Almost reflexively, she felt the back of her head, an injury that had long ago healed on the surface.

Despite her obvious hatred towards being touched, Keldava obeyed Hotaru's command. The bloodied paw landed heavy and wet in her hand. Bringing her muzzle down, the blind female quickly sniffed the injury. The scent of iron was heavy, along with that of dirt and clay. Gently, the female licked the wound, taking care not put too much pressure on the cuts or aggravate the embedded shards. Because of her caution, the job could only be partially done, but it was better than nothing. "The shards will need to be removed and the rest of the wound cleaned. Why don't you sit up and take care of it. Or would you rather I removed them?" Hotaru's voice was soft, but her words were stern.

The pups apology was hesitant and soft, her words vague while the pain behind them clear. "There is no need to apologize to me, I have lost my temper many times as well, and done worse than you. As I said. I understand, more than you think I do."

<style/type="text/css">