Everything changes, and not for the better
[html]
Set 16th

As odd a trait as it seemed for one so rough and tumble and outwardly uncaring about her appearance Keldava was actually quite a vain Luperci. Much of her seeming apathy about her appearance came from the fact that the beauty Keldava liked in herself was more rugged than the traditional type; strong, defined muscles rather than a slender form, roughly ruffled hair from roaming the woods, a strong, defined face. Even the chunk torn out of her ear added to this image, adding a bit of flavour and being small enough to not look ugly. Altogether Keldava was very happy with how she looked and if it required little maintenance other than keeping in shape, well that was all the better!

The scar that Jace had given her was far from attractive. While thin the wound had been deep and it was evident by now it was going to scar. A thin, pink line extending from just above her right brow, down over her eye and onto her cheek it looked ugly and weird, the light pink garish against her dark fur. It wasn’t bad enough that Keldava would claim she couldn’t recognise the figure staring back out of the pond at her – she was upset but not quite that dramatic yet – but she was noticeable different, and she didn’t like it.

Her right hand didn’t look much better; a jagged area of skin was raised and swollen from the rest of the back of her hand, pink flesh at the edges of where it had torn off visible and crossed over with black stitches. The issue of movement hadn’t improved any; aside from her thumb Keldava had no control over her hand from just below the wrist and any attempt to move it or put weight on it resulted in pain, violent shaking and her hand collapsing under any burden.

Keldava could have dealt with the scar and she could have dealt with the fact that she couldn’t even close her right hand anymore if not for one thing, the fact that her mother had inflicted the wounds on her. That single fact, that simple betrayal, made both of the wounds worse than all the time she had spent under Amy’s knife. Even worse, her family seemed to have splintered completely: ‘Rin and ‘Dora were living in a different house but one right next to the old house, close enough that Keldava could hardly visit them without raging. She hadn’t seen Papa in days and ‘Gina had seemingly vanished into the forest, nowhere to be found.

Keldava missed her sisters and brother. She missed her Papa and she even missed her Mahnaya. She just wanted everything to be back like it had been, with everybody happy and together and whatever demons had entered Jace’s head out of it where they belonged.

Desolate Keldava pulled her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them and leaving her scarred hand to flop, and buried her muzzle into the whole lot, whimpering at the tried to block out the outside world and change everything back to how it had been, even if just within her mind.

<style type="text/css">
.kweird1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#0b0704;}
.kweird1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kweird1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#b6b35d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/i9z3y.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4f4564; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 528
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Dalgina was outside again, wandering through the woods. Ovi had remained back at the house, giving the young wolf some room. She was still struggling with accepting the betrayal. Her family had been hurt, attacked and driven off by the very core the family revolved around. Dalgina had never been as close to Mahn as the rest of her family was, but the effect was still earth shattering. For her though, it meant that she couldn't come back. She didn't have the connection to Mahn to allow forgiveness. She wasn't even angry, only fear driving her.

Spotting her sister curled up near the pond Dalgina slowed. She wanted to talk to Keldava. Her sister had always taken care of her, despite being younger. She knew how to make everything better. The ugly wounds were frightening, and she wanted to care for it. Dalgina had done her best to help fix Keldava the day the wounds had been received, but her care was far more clumsy than what Keldava needed. What if Keldava was angry at her? What if she struck at Dalgina? She sat down, watching from a distance.

<style type="text/css">
.artdaleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#176e80; text-shadow:#9a7562 1px 1px 2px;}
.artdaleaf p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.artdaleaf {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#eeb598; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Hrh2j.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8f7030; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9a7562; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.artdaleaf .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.artdaleaf p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.artdaleaf p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC STUFFS HERE!

Keldava didn’t know how long she had been sitting there, curled up and stewing in her own misery, before a familiar scent drifted across her nose, followed by the quiet crunch of somebody making their way through the forest. Keldava’s ears perked up when she recognised the scent: ’Gina.

Keldava’s head rose out of her arms, twisting around to search for her sister. Catching sight of black fur she called out, ”’Gina!” but then her eyes met ‘Gina’s and Keldava froze. Keldava and Dalgina had always been close, just as had Honrin and Pandora and despite being the youngest Keldava had started to think of herself as a protector of sorts towards her siblings; after all, she was the one following the path of the warrior in Arte, she kept picking herself up and learning when she was overpowered and injured and she would die for her siblings.

There was none of the normal happiness to see her on ‘Gina’s face, not even just sadness from the happenings at the birth. Even alone with Keldava ‘Gina looked wary and when Keldava looked closer, she could see what might be a hint of fear on her eyes.

Fear. ‘Gina was scared of Keldava. The realisation hit her harder than any blow, hurt her more than anything Amy and Jace could do combined. Keldava’s face was painted with a clear mixture of shock, disbelief and hurt for a split second before she recoiled, burying her head in her arms once more.

Losing Mahnaya had hurt. Losing ‘Gina was unbearable. Keldava didn’t know how to react to her sister’s fear, couldn’t react, so instead she tried to ignore it. Curl up into a ball and try and pretend that nothing had happened, that half her family hadn’t abandoned her. The loose, restive position she had taken earlier tightened up, curling Keldava into a tight ball to try and block out the outside world.

All the while a thin, desperate whine emerged from Keldava’s mouth, hurt and sorrow and loss escaping in the only way it could.

<style type="text/css">
.kweird1 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#b6b35d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/i9z3y.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4f4564; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 343
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Keldava perked up and turned towards her. Dalgina did her best not to flinch and stay where she was, watching for signs of the anger that she was so wary of. There was none of that there. Just the two of them, frozen with their eyes locked together. Shock was written across there, then hurt. Her frame quivered, thinking that Keldava might hit her for hurting her, though she didn't know how. Dalgina braced for the blow, head low. A strike didn't come though. Carefully she watched, and Keldava curled up. The position was even tighter than before, and now a low keening whine slipped out. It was obvious that Keldava was hurting really badly.

Whining Dalgina stood up. She wanted to go to her sister, but what if she snapped like Mahn had? They had always been close, their bond strong, but now it was being tested. Now she didn't know what to do. Thoughts raced through her mind, fighting with each other. She was a coward, always being protected and cared for by the others. To have her family fracture, attacking each other, was as bad as being the one struck. Dalgina watched the pain, but she couldn't take it for very long. Coward or not, this was her sister.

As bravely as she could Dalgina trotted and crouched low next to Keldava. Hesitantly she reached out, each step taking an eternity to complete. At last slender black fingers rested against Keldava's body. It was a light touch, barely perceptible, but she had gotten up her courage and had touched her sister. Keldava? Her voice was quiet, almost too quiet. Every muscle in her body was tensed and ready to help her flee. She would if it came down to it. Trusting others was almost impossible at the moment.

<style type="text/css">
.artdaleaf b {font-weight:bold; color:#176e80; text-shadow:#9a7562 1px 1px 2px;}
.artdaleaf {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#eeb598; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Hrh2j.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8f7030; padding:330px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9a7562; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC STUFFS HERE!

Keldava’s ear twitched when she heard something moving but she didn’t dare lift her head up again, not wanting to see what she was sure would be ‘Gina leaving her. She put so much effort into ignoring the sounds that she actually succeeded, not noticing that the footsteps were heading towards her and not away.

Keldava wasn’t expecting ‘Gina to touch her and she twitched when she felt the featherlight touch of her sisters fingers ghosting against her side. Keldava raised her head slightly, eyes opening and ears rising hopefully. After a moment her ears lowered again, resuming their miserable position. ‘Gina may have come over to her but it was clear that she didn’t want to be there, her eyes were still filled with fear and her body was as tense as a hunter ready to pounce, or more appropriately a deer ready to flee.

Keldava couldn’t take it and she started to whine again, deep hiccupping noises that would have sounded more appropriate coming from a pup than a nearly-grown canine. She hated being so weak like this but she couldn’t bear the thought of losing ‘Gina, having her sister fear and maybe even hate her for reasons she didn’t even know!

”Please ‘Gina-“ she choked out, looking up at her sister, eyes shning with a weakness she had never before shown to her, ”-I’m sorry. Whatever I did I’m sorry.” She couldn’t figure what she had done wrong, but whatever it was she was willing to apologise if it meant she could keep her beloved ‘Gina.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 260
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Keldava looked up, glancing over to Dalgina. Her frame remained tense, ready to run the entire time. The eyes that met her weren't angry though. Just sad. The same sadness that was plaguing Dalgina, minus the fear running through her. While Dalgina was afraid that everyone was out to attack her and harm her the same way Mahn had, Keldava was dealing with it differently. She didn't know what to think of it, not even sure what to say or do. Her sister pulled back in, ears flattened with despair. Neither of them were happy anymore.

Whines escaped, sad reverberating sounds that rang through the woods. It sounded like Keldava was being killed. Dalgina began to whine as well, ears drooping as the tension eased from her frame, shaking as she let out the pain, just whining and whining, the high pitched noises filling the woods. It sounded like they were both being killed. Not sorry. I'm sorry. You got hurt, an'-an' I couldn't fix it, and Mahn- She was howling at the end of it, howling the fear and pain. Her family was gone, and she was so afraid.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Wourenyla - sister/brother of my heart

It broke Keldava’s heart to hear her sister crying. Even when they were younger and despite her being the youngest Keldava had always tried to keep ‘Gina safe and happy, she couldn’t stand hearing her upset like this. ‘Gina’s words both saddened her and sent her heart lifting; ‘Gina didn’t hate her! She blamed herself for not being able to help Keldava, thought that she would be angry with her! Keldava had never once in her like been angry with her sister; annoyed yes – who hadn’t been annoyed with their siblings on occasion? – but never truly angry.

Keldava moved upwards suddenly and swiftly, wrapping her arms around ‘Gina and pulling her into a tight hug. Keldava rained licks over every part of ‘Gina’s face she could reach before burying her face in her shoulder, murmuring to her in an attempt to comfort her, ”No. Not you, not your fault. Her fault, ‘Rin’s fault, my fault, but not you.” Keldava was babbling and she knew it but she kept talking, trying to find some way to make ‘Gina see that she wasn’t to blame, that Keldava wasn’t angry. ”Tal’ did everything he could to help me, there was nothing you could’ve done. It was my own stupid fault.” Keldava, still latched onto ‘Gina like a clamp, took deep breaths, trying to calm herself down, ”I would never hurt you, not you, never. You’re my wourenyla, I’ll kill anyone who tries to hurt you.” the words were fierce, but not directed towards ‘Gina, the only emotions Keldava was projecting towards here sister were love and protectiveness, ever tinted by the newly acquired fear that this wouldn’t be enough, or that ‘Gina would change her mind about the whole thing and hate her. Before that had never even been a possibility in Keldava’s mind but now it seemed all to possible, and she would do anything to avoid it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
wc: 316
[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Her eyes widened, but she didn't move. Dalgina didn't want to. If she was going to be struck she might as well let it happen. Arms wrapped around her, and Dalgina was pulled into a hug. Feeling the warm familiar enclosure Dalgina buried her head in, still crying as she pressed into Keldava's body. Her dearest sister, the one she would never let go of. Dalgina had hated being afraid, though the reason why was clear. She had always been sheltered and protected by her family. To be attacked by one was to be attacked by them all.

Licks ran across her face, Dalgina's tongue occasionally flicking out to try and comfort Keldava as well. She felt inadequate, but this was her sister, her younger sister. She had to try and protect her. Nodding her head she smiled, happy to have her sister back. Cje wourenyla, won't let go. Not again. The fear was still there in her mind, but Dalgina was no longer afraid of Keldava. Now the fear was where it belonged, with the one who had attacked her family. She would never be able to go near her again.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]