The Eye of the Storm
[html]
OOC: Backdated Thread: 2nd May[WC: 408 || Pts:10 + 3

The large black male had spent a little time getting used to this packs territories, sniffing around outside the caverns, getting the lay of the land, so to speak. But it was inside the howling caves that he was currently focusing his energy and time upon. The communal areas always seemed to hold some sort of activity, there was always someone around which was both a good and a bad thing. Most seemed to leave Kai well enough alone, which for the moment suited him just fine. Only when he approached and made it clear he wanted to talk or ask something, did they seem to return the conversation. Perhaps it was the somewhat hostile aura he seemed to give off. He had never really been the most approachable individual, and even though he wanted to fit in this pack which meant he would have to talk to people and be a little less stubborn and aggressive, he still found it unsettling to be in such close proximity with others all the time.

Making his way through the halls in his much preferred Secui form, passing a few dens on the way, using his snout to sniff out who may or may not be around, Malakai approached the communal area and for once found it to be empty. His feral eyes swept the room as if to ensure that no-one else was around, and rather smugly trotted inside as if he owned the place. His focus wandered over the empty seats and his mind wandered to the last time he had been in here. That cat he had sent scampering towards the door, the two-toned female he belonged to.. A sort left him as he thought on it. Well, least she wasn't here to ruin his fairly good mood. He rather liked having the place to himself for the moment.

As Kai let his gaze wander to the few weapons on the wall, he had remembered he had done the same thing when the the pack leaders had performed the blood-letting ceremony. He flexed his front paw where the scar was still visible from the cut, wondering where everyone else was. Kai decided he would try to pay the Angela a visit at some point soon, to see exactly where he might fit in to this pack of outcasts, if there was any special skill he could contribute to make himself at least partly useful around the place.

Table and Siggy by Sammiie; Photo by Diana Pinto@flickr

<style>
.Kai04-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.Kai04 i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.Kai04 b {color:#f2f2f2; font-weight:bold;}
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Heloooo ! [WC: 314 | Pts: 3]

Her latest sexual experience of Kit lingered in the back of her mind as she wandered down the hallways. She had her katana and dagger strapped to her and a sharpening rock in her hand. She could sharpen her weapons in her room, but she needed to see someone to take Kit off of her mind. It wasn’t right for him to linger there … She didn’t feel anything towards him except for lust, and maybe a bit of excitement every time she thought back on their sex.

Axelle lingered in the edge of the corridor for a moment because she scented a male in the common room. The smell was familiar, and she knew it gave her butterflies in her stomach – but not the good kind. She couldn’t remember who this scent belonged to, and it was sad – because it had only been a couple days since she’d last seen this man. She shrugged and ambled into the common room, and when the man’s appearance hit her, she scoffed. Snorting at him being there, she sat on the farthest seat away from him and without saying a word – she unsheathed her katana and started sharpening. She glided the rock slowly and carefully along the swords edge and it made a dragged out metallic noise. Every few strokes she made sure to look up and glare at the male on the other side of the room – what was his name? …. She couldn’t remember.

A low rumble escaped her chest when she thought she felt him looking her way. She attempted to not pay much attention to him, and she really didn’t want him around her. What he attempted to do to Frex was enough to send her to kill him. Even though her feline companion was smug and ignorant, she still wouldn’t let any aggressor mess with him. Over her dead body, actually.

<style>
.axedevil { background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/33bk76g.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:"times new roman", times, serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; border:1px dotted #41b2b1; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; border-radius:10px;}
.axedevil b {color:#ffffff; text-shadow: 0 0 .5em #41b2b1, 0 0 .5em #41b2b1, 0 0 .5em #41b2b1, 0 0 .5em #41b2b1, 0 0 .5em #41b2b1; }
.axedevil p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: [WC: 328 || Pts:3

Kai's eyes continued to wander over the weaponry attached to the wall of the communal room, thinking over how sharp the blades must be. He didn't use many weapons himself other than those he already had to hand, namely his claws and fangs. Hand to hand combat, as it were, was so much more appealing to him, getting close enough to your enemy to see into their eyes, to hear the huff of their breath, to smell the blood as it is spilt... Just thinking about the heat of combat caused his heart to pick up its pace a little. But it was then that he heard quiet footsteps closeby. Turning his head quickly, letting his eyes fall upon the individual who would end his solitary time in the communal den. And it just had to be her...

His eyes narrowed as he watched the two-tone female and he snorted at the same time as she did regarding his presence. It seemed both felt the same way about seeing the other. Kai's feral eyes followed her movements as she sat as far from him as possible. Good, he thought, let her keep out of my way. He returned his attention to something else - anything else, but within seconds, a loud metallic ringing noise sounded over the room. And then again. Inhaling deeply, Kai sighed in that irritated way of his, returning his attention back to the female as she sharpened her blade. Another snort left him. Every time she dragged the stone against the metal, it drove deeper through him, angering him just that little more that his peaceful time had been so disturbed."Can't you do that somewhere else? Like in your den, perhaps? The sound of sharpening a blade had never bothered him before, not once. Perhaps it was simply because it was her doing the sharpening. His body had become a little more tense now as he watched for her reaction across the room.

<style>
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ooc. [WC: 354 | Pts: 3]

The soft, but loud metallic scraping that the sharpening rock made when it was dragged across a blade relaxed Axelle. She would be able to hear that all day and be able to maybe fall asleep to it. She could feel the tension, the annoyance in the air as she continued to sharpen her weapon and ignored the other. When he spoke, she deliberately continued sharpening. The metallic noise rang in both of their ears, and probably more loudly in his because it bothered him. She looked up from her chore to glare at him. ”No. I live here too,” she snorted, but continued, ”If it bothers you, leave.” Then she looked back down to the Katana and sharpened more quickly, the long dragged out strides of the sharpening stone now more quickly, but still long.

He bothered her so much, and aside from the cat thing – she didn’t know why. It was just his presence that irked her – and maybe she just hated him for no reason. His existence annoyed her, and everything else he did, too. She could imagine him eating Frex one day – and then, she would have a reason to kill him. Then, despite all her hard work moving up in ranks, she wouldn’t care if she was exiled because killing him would be worth it. Maybe it was just that – they were too much alike. He wanted her gone, and she wanted him gone as well. It was just the issue of doing that without actually harming the man… Or maybe she could harm him without getting caught. A slight smile appeared on Axelle’s face – yeah, she was sneaky enough for that.

How would she get him far enough away from the caves to plant an attack? Maybe she could just find him somewhere and make her move then. Surely, the man would do his exploring around someday soon. He was fairly new, and she was sure that he didn’t explore yet – because she hadn’t seen him around before their previous meeting. Then she would just have to follow him, and do what needs to be done. Whatever was necessary.

<style>
.axedevil { background-image:url(http://i48.tinypic.com/33bk76g.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#000000; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ffffff; font-family:"times new roman", times, serif; font-size:13px; line-height:18px; border:1px dotted #41b2b1; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; border-radius:10px;}
.axedevil b {color:#ffffff; text-shadow: 0 0 .5em #41b2b1, 0 0 .5em #41b2b1, 0 0 .5em #41b2b1, 0 0 .5em #41b2b1, 0 0 .5em #41b2b1; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ooc text goes here. [WC: 344 || Pts: 3]

Kai's feral yellow eyes narrowed as the female continued to sharpen her blade, and if it was possible, her stiffer movements caused the noise to become louder. On purpose, he was sure of it. As he suggested that he leave if the noise bothered him, he snorted dismissively, as if the idea of him leaving was absurd. Frustration radiated from him with this female - him leaving was probably her aim, and it would no doubt fill her with satisfaction if he did so on her behalf, and so despite his annoyance, he decided that trumping her smugness was more important to him than her irritating presence or the noise of her blade. This would be his victory. Staying to annoy her.

Everything was a competition to Malakai, everything was about winning. And if you didn't win, then you lost, and that made you a loser. So as he watched the female, he knew that his continued presence would annoy her, and therefore in this battle of wits, she wouldn't have won. That quickly became his top priority. What would annoy her further still was how quickly he became indifferent to the sharpening of her blade and how comfortable he would seem despite her best efforts to irritate him further, and so as he regarded her, his eyes dropped to the blade, watching as the stone ran against the edge of the blade, trying his best to appear unflustered and casual, offering a shrug. "Maybe it's not the sharpening of the blade that annoys me, Princess... Maybe it's you." A quick barb tossed her way, before he snorted once more and turned his back on her, trotting over to the furthest corner of the common room from her as if to keep some distance between the pair. "Besides, it's not like you're even doing that properly. The way you're dragging that rock across the blade, I'll be surprised if you manage to kill anything with that thing once you're done with it." An insult intented to gain a reaction from her. Negative, with any luck.

<style>
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top
center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed;
padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-
size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-
spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px;
font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Haha I think this table kind of reflects them Smile [WC: 331 | Pts: 3]

Through the metallic scraping, she could still hear the man’s annoying voice. She was hoping that her work would drown him out and she could pretend like she didn’t hear him – but it wasn’t loud enough. She still pretended anyway. She ignored him and continued sliding the stone along the side of the blade, and then switched. She laid the sword on the other side and began sliding the sharpening stone along that edge. She didn’t bother looking up at the other, but noticed he moved away from her. Good. She didn’t want to show him any reactions that she got from him, but it was hard. She was sure that her hackles stood on end, and it wasn’t something that she could easily control.

Hearing his last comment, she stopped sharpening abruptly. She looked up and glared in his direction. She sat there with her blood boiling, staring at him, at his back rather. His Secui self. ”Oh? Why don’t you do it then?” She gathered her tools, rose from the seat, and walked over to him, knowing he didn’t have the hands to actually do it. She approached his left side, and held the sword and stone out to him – sideways. She didn’t intend on stabbing him, yet. Go ahead- since you know the proper way to do it.” She still stood there offering the man her tools. ”Funny, how I never seen you ever using a sword.” The last comment was more like a mumble, but she was sure he heard her.

From all the times she had seen him around before – she never noticed him using or even carrying a blade. Unlike this man, Alaki always had his weapons with him – and that was how she knew that he knew about his weapons. Malakai was usually seen in his Secui form – carrying no such human-invented weapons at all. She knew that he wouldn’t know what to do with it – and there she would find a weak spot in his defenses.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC: LOL it certainly does[WC: 376 || Pts:3

Bingo, job done. Kai had to work hard to hide the slow smirk that slid over his muzzle as he kept his back to her. He knew that criticising her skill at sharpening her own blade would annoy her immensely. However, as she approached him with the blade offered to him, his smug grin faultered a little before it broadened. So she wanted him to do it for her? A slow chuckle escaped the male as he turned to face her, lifting a curious, surprised eyebrow. Malakai knew it was only so that she could criticise him in the same way that he had done to her. Well, he wasn't about to give her the opportunity. His gaze dropped to the blade, regarding it before looking back upto him, looking somewhat amused. "So you're asking me to sharpen your blade for you?" He snorted a little, letting his gaze wander over her form as he had done to the blade. "If I did, what exactly would I get out of it, hmm?"

It was true that Malakai had very little experience of human weapons like blades or guns or crossbows, and he didn't know the first thing about actually sharpening the blade she held out for him but there was absolutely no reason for this female to know any of that information - he liked to remain mysterious, keeping his true abilities and skills under wraps for now. His large head cocked to the side, his eyes shimmering, knowing that he was winning this battle of wits they seemed to be engaged in. "I mean... I could, but I wouldn't gain anything from it, whereas you would get the sharpest blade in the state. So why should I?" It was him, challanging her, as if asking her for a reason as to why he should do what she asked. She was on the back foot with this, and they both knew it. And then it occured to him... If he agreed to take her weapon, to do as she so kindly asked, he could have all kinds of fun. He would intentionally blunt her prized blade. That would teach her - he would always win against her, be it a physical fight or a mental one.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Hehehe Smile [WC: 321 | Pts: 3]

Her annoyance grew with every second she stood there holding the sword out to him. When he started faltering with his front, she huffed and took the sword back. She sheathed it in her belt and took out the dagger from the strap on her thigh. She flipped it around in her hand before turning to him again, ”Forget it. I knew you were full of shit anyway.” Her voice was cold and harsh. She turned and sat back down on the seat she had before and began to sharpen the dagger now.

The metallic strides of the sharpening stone were much shorter now, due to the miniature blade she had placed in her lap. The Katana was sharp enough for now, even though one side was greatly disadvantaged. She would finish it in her den later. She needed the dagger out just in case this man wanted to try anything slick. Axelle was no swordsman – she was most skilled in bows – but at least she learned from the best, Alaki, on how to maintain her sword. Even though, the weapon wasn’t something she used often – no, she preferred hand to hand combat plus a dagger here and there – she knew the basics and was alright with a Katana.

She avoided looking back up at him because she now knew she broke his defenses. She knew just as well as he knew that he couldn’t sharpen it even IF he didn’t make up excuses to cover his own ass. He would have probably wound up messing up the sharpening she had already done, and thus – she would have proved her point either way: that his boasting was all for nothing. She snorted with laughter as she thought of him actually trying to sharpen her Katana. She continued sharpening the dagger with a big smile on her lips, but kept her head down and her eyes focused on her task at hand.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Ooc text goes here. [WC: 281|| Pts: 0]

His bravado remained as her hand pulled the blade back from him and returned it to it's sheath. He took pleasure and pride in the fact that her own resolve had quickly faded, his smugness only growing despite her words. He would take it as a victory. A minor one, but a victory none-the-less. Kai's eyes followed her stealthily as she returned to her seat and began to sharpen a smaller blade in the same manner as the larger one, trying his best to hide the smug smirk that had settled itself over his snout. This female was fun to play with, if nothing else. She had an attitude, that much he was sure of.

After a long moment, he let out an idle yawn as if she were actually boring him before stretching his Secui form out, letting every inch of his form tense and shudder as he shook himself down. His black fur rippled with the movement before he let out a huff of satisfaction and shifting a little as he sat, he became a little more wolfish and bowing his head, he began to lap his tongue over his fur. Malakai was aware of how some Luperci found his more animalistic behaviours a little odd, undesirable even but he was fully in touch with that side of his being, with the animal side of himself. Besides, the fact that some hated it made him do it even more on occasion. But every now and again, he would cast an idle, casual looking glance over in the females direction to gauge her mood, to see if she found it irritating or annoying. If she did, it would be a bonus.

<style>
.Kai04 {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i49.tinypic.com/2uhu450.png); background-position:top
center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed;
padding:300px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-
size:10px; color:#d3d3d3; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-
spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px;
font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Short and abrupt O.o I don’t mind starting the next backdated one… [WC: 195 | Pts: 0]

The metallic sound drained out most of the sounds he was making. Though, whenever she paused, she could hear whatever he was doing in his corner. Licking, or something. She glanced up at him to see him lapping at his fur. It was peculiar to her because he had his Luperci form – he could bathe himself. He didn’t have to lick his fur clean. She made a disgusted look and then concentrated back on sharpening her dagger.

The noise continued, and each wet lap made her more annoyed. She flipped the dagger over and started sharpening the other side – but much quicklier now. To the point. She wanted to leave, and even though that would give him a victory point, she didn’t care. She wanted to get out of his presence and fast. After a few more moments of sharpening, she sheathed the dagger in her leg strap and stood up. She collected all the things around her and walked away from him without another word. Her footsteps echoed down the hall and she was gone with a breeze of air, away from his presence and his arrogance and on the way toward her den.

<style>
</style>
[/html]