I am of the Great Spirit
[html]

WC: 423 OOC: yup almost done methinks ^^;

As she cut he spoke and of course Saqui hadn't thought of that. Her mind was on so many things at once that she just didn't think of cutting the frayed edges with a knif when they got back; “You are correct, I did not think of it, that does make me feel a bit better;” She said as she sawed at the limbs, after that they worked in silence, putting the limbs they got into the basket she brought with her.

“It makes me wonder.... when the first people made the first basket.... what did they use to hold the items for the basket?” She said when they were finally done, she lifted the basket up to her hips and leaned it against them, holding with two hands. They were finished and were headed back to her home where she would show him what to do. Her thought was probably a funny one and it had no relevance to there here and now but it was a thought one could put up and never ever know the answer to.

Once they got to her home she brought him out back, she would have to make some accomidation so that the sun could catch the wood but the rain could keep it away but right now she was cetain they wouldn't have much for the time being; “We have to let the wood dry for a few days, it will grow hard but it will take out it's moisture we don't need to use to replace it with the water we will want to use later on to make it bendable, so in a few days this will be ready to be soaked in water and another day or so after that I can show you just how to make the basket.” She said with a smile on her lips looking up at Claudius She hated that she didn't have anything already made to show him with and vowed she would start keeping some on hand, she worked mostly with reeds and grasses rather than the wood, since the reeds were more waterproof, but he probably just wanted something that would hold other things. She found a good spot to lay them out, there was a large rock not too far from her hut, where she could place them to help dry them. Just laying them on the dirt would keep them wet, but a rock soaked in the light and did not take in water as well as soil.

<style>
.saqhorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.saqhorse p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]
[/html]Claudius flashed Saqui an easy grin when she considered his suggestion. He was glad that he was able to contribute to this operation in some manner, even if he was still learning. Sometimes, he found that it was the folks outside of the realm of ‘knowledge’—i.e., those who regularly practiced some sort of skill—that could have the most insight and new ideas. That being said, he wouldn’t know which direction to turn if it wasn’t for Saqui, so he was very grateful for all of her help.

He continued to cut honeysuckle branches and toss them in a pile at his feet, working steadily. He considered Saqui’s question, but wasn’t too sure. He just shrugged, grinning in reply.

Once they were done, he piled his shoots with Saqui’s own. They headed back to her hut and that was when the real work would begin. Almost. He was disappointed to find out that they wouldn’t be able to make the basket immediately. Though, he supposed it meant that meant he would get to see Saqui again. Even though he was a co-leader in AniWaya, he didn’t want to abuse his powers and use it as a reason to see her. Though, he supposed he could always say something like, ‘I need to speak to you on official AniWaya business regarding my ridiculous crush on you.’ Certainly, that would go over well.

Claudius started laying out the wood side by side with Saqui so that they would dry, as per her instructions. Once that was done, he turned to her, trying not to blush too badly.

“So… I-I’ll… suh-see… yuh-you… in a fuh-few… days, then,” he said, smiling shyly.[html]
[/html]
WC: 279