I am of the Great Spirit
[html]

WC: 405 OOC: Here is the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhcgX1VHsgk&feature=related Smile

The summer harvest was in and she was working hard, which was good because if she wasn’t she would become homesick quickly. She was happy to get out, ride Mirage once in awhile, but this place wasn’t feeling much like the home she was use to. It was so new to her and yet she felt it should feel like something more. She was finished with what she had planned for the day and went hunting for berries. She found the blackberry bush that she hoped would be able to give her own bush as she planted some blackberries around, now she was pleasantly surprised with wild strawberries. She’d picked many this time, and thought to bring a big basket. This fruit was smaller than what she was used to down south where they planted them and grew them bigger, but wild tended to be smaller but no less sweeter for it.

Saqui’s weakness was berries of all kinds, though some were hard to find others were not. Strawberries were not that hard to find at all and blackberries could be found even easier so she couldn’t help but pick as many as she could, knowing more would grow next year. Her way home was nice and she sang as she walked, a song she learned as a young pup but one so beautiful

“We n’ de ya ho, we n’ de ya ho,

We n’ de ya, we n’ de ya ho ho ho ho,

He ya ho, he ya ho, ya ya ya”

She sang as she headed home trying to keep herself from eating the tempting strawberries that were rolling around in the small basket she was swinging lightly back and forth. When she got to her hut she went to the back still humming, she had made a proper spot for a small garden for things like her strawberries, though the blackberries were placed near the entrance of her hut. They would take some time to grow and she knew it but she had it “fenced off” when she was done with planting what strawberries she could she felt that she earned the rest of the strawberries and sat in front of her new home and started eating it, her mind enjoying the berries very much but they were thinking about what she would be doing at home in the great tribe right now.

<style>
.saqhorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.saqhorse p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
Yeehoo! (WC: 307)
[html]
[/html]Claudius had spent most of the day so far tending to the stores of supplies in the Town Hall. Since the planting season was over, he was confident that he could store all of the digging tools in a lesser-used section of the hall. After cleaning them, he moved them into large clay pots in one corner. Although these pots were better for storing food, they had enough to use them for other purposes. Moreover, they didn't have enough woven baskets so these would have to suffice. Simcha commented on that and Claudius was quick to suggest that they make some one day soon. Simcha said that they needed to use buckbrush, but Claudius wasn't confident that he would be able to identify it. He also thought that it was supposed to be make of honeysuckle, but Simcha insisted on buckbrush. They were at a standstill.

Eventually, they agreed to try and find more information. Neither of them had ever woven baskets before, so they'd have to find someone--preferably an AniWayan from the Great Tribe--to show them how. Claudius decided to talk to Saqui and Simcha said that he would do his best to seek out Aranck; though, Claudius was fairly certain that the other wolf was a bit terrified of the older Teacher.

Not one to put things off, Claudius made his way to Saqui’s hut. He was pleasantly surprised to find her out front eating strawberries.

“Suh-Sa-a-aqui, o-i-osi-iyo, d-huh-o-hitsu?” he stammered. He still didn’t feel comfortable using Cherokee since he didn’t know enough of it, but he thought it might be a nice way to greet Saqui since she was so far from her home. He gave her a tentative smile, hoping that perhaps she would have some time to discuss traditional basket weaving methods—or anything else if she was not interested.[html]
[/html]
[html]

WC: 211 OOC: Blah post is blah

The strawberries were so tasty and she was glad she came up here before the season was over for such delectable fruits. She would soon miss them dearly and she was thinking that she might go out and get more so she could make some dried fruit for the winter time, or try to, but she saw Claudius headed her way, she let herself savor one last strawberry before setting the basket aside and smiling.

His speech was again broken and hard to understand but to be as polite as she could, for her father would kill her if he found out she was rude to someone, she did her best to understand.

" “Osiyo Claudius, Tosigwu, Dohitsu?" Saqui said with a hearty smile on her face, it was nice to be able to speak the tribes’ language, though she was getting use to mostly speaking english. Both languages were fine to her, but she seemed more comfortable speakign cherokee. “You may sit if you want, or would you like to go inside?” She asked, slightly hoping he would want to stay outside, but she figured she would make an offer to the young man.

<style>
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
Naw! Wink
[html]
[/html]When Saqui replied, this time with more Cherokee, Claudius felt himself panic for a second. It took him a few moments to realize that he knew what she had asked; he was just too worried to actually understand it. Unfortunately, he would have to respond in English, since his knowledge of the tribe’s language extended only to the most basic of greetings. He knew only what he’d heard the most often since he had never been able to learn how to speak Cherokee.

“I-I-I a-a-m d-oing… well, thuh-thank yuh-you,” he replied. “I wuh-will s-s-sit, thuh-thank you,” he replied, smiling. He would much rather stay outside than hide in the small hut. Although he knew it was a bit silly to think that the huts were too small, given that he lived in a cave, it felt different to him.

He picked a seat next to Saqui and then glanced over at the berries she had picked.

“Suh-snack?” he asked. “O-o-or a-are you making… some… thing?” He did his best to quell his stammer so that she wouldn’t have to work too hard just to understand his mundane questions.[html]
[/html]
[html]

WC: 313 OOC: She so mean for being annoyed at his stutter bad saqui bad!!

She smiled as he sat next to her telling her how he was and she nodded happily. He looked at her basket and she shook her head. “It was a snack but I just planted some some, hopefully next year I’ll get my own wild strawberries. It’s the best time to get them planted and hope for the best over the winter. I have extra if you would like?” she offered the basket for him to take if he wished. Just like the blackberries she offered someone else she felt reluctant to give him any, but she was brought up to share and share she will. There was plenty and there were plenty of wild ones out in the forests and clearings and meadows. She could easily pick more if she really wanted to.

“It is a lovely day out isn’t it? So are you out for a walk I take it?” That was what hse was figuring and he was distracted by her to greet her and visit for a little while, it is what she would do and many others in the Great Tribe she figured that it happened like that here. Sometimes she would give a surprise visit to one of her friends but right now she barely made any friends. She hoped to soon and she felt Claudius one as he was the one who kindly showed her around and she could tell he was trying his best to speak clearly and it made her wonder if it hurt him to speak clearly than to stutter. She never met anyone with that kind of problem before but she was still polite and she did like his company for all that it was sometimes hard to understand him. That was something she could learn to live with as he was such a kind spirited man.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
As revenge... he stutters! >Smile
[html]
[/html]Claudius glanced at the basket Saqui was holding as she explained what she had been doing that day. Although he normally turned down offers like this, usually because he was too shy to accept them, he thought it would be impolite to reject her—and he would very much like a strawberry. Wolves tended to eat berries as they found them to supplement their diet, so Claudius had never thought of actively going out and picking them. He just ate a few when he came across a bush. AniWaya was always doing things like this: planning ahead.

“I wuh-would luh-love one, thuh-thank you,” he replied slowly. As she held out the basket, he hesitantly reached for them. He glanced up at her for confirmation, but all he saw was offering and acceptance. He quickly snatched a strawberry and popped the entire thing in his mouth, chewing once and then swallowing. He licked his chops and then smiled softly.

“I a-a-a-actually… ca-a-ame he-e-ere to-o-o find yuh-you. I a-a-am tuh-trying… to wuh-weave ba-a-askets… for… our… goods in… the huh-ha-a-all. I… I… ha-ave… never done… this be-e-efore… so… I was… w-o-o-nd…e..ring… i-if you… muh-might know? Suh-since… the Guh-Great… Tribe… makes ma-a-any… things, I thuh-thought… you muh-mi-i-ight… know,” he explained. [html]
[/html]
[html]

WC: 226 OOC: shorty short! Tongue

Saqui could see his desire for the berries and that made her smile inwardly. Wolves were carnivores but who was to say they HAD to only eat meat, besides some things had what they needed while meat could give them so much. She grinned as he took one and popped it into his mouth and left it beside her, but open for him to take more.

She raised her eyebrows when he spoke of finding her, and listened as well as she could working through his stuttering. She knew by now he wasn’t that nervous to talk to her so it was probably something to do with himself, but she would not admit this flaw, though it was hard to work through. She nodded and she was probably lucky that her down time work was weaving. “Yes, I can help you. I learned how to weave after I got my spirit guide. She said it would help keep me patient.” She said smiling. It was true of course it taught her the patience she needed rather than work through things with a hot head. She was naturally patient but it still helped keep her cool and it was a good therapy for her when she was angry. “What would you like to know?” She asked looking expectantly at the man.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
omnomnom i love short posts.
[html]
[/html]Claudius was surprised when Saqui explained that she knew how to weave. He hoped that she could weave both with cloth and with wood, since he suspected that weaving baskets was significantly different than weaving threads. He recalled that Dawali had been a weaver as well, and that it was apparently a woman's job. Claudius wasn't sure how you could assign such tasks to one sex or another, but he supposed anything could be done if someone ordered it.

When Saqui said that her spirit guide thought it would help her learn patience, he found himself grinning.

"Suh-so yuh-you a-are not... very... patient?" he asked, still smiling. "I-I-I'd luh-like... to luh-learn... anythuh-thing... you ca-an... teach me," he added, realizing that he really should say something more concrete. "I've... nuh-never... wuh-woven... a buh-basket... before... so... a-a-a-ny-thuh-thing... yuh-you... know... wuh-will... help." [html]
[/html]
[html]

WC: 220 OOC: My excuse for her ignoring his sexiness is because she's too young to think about that stuff!!!!

She felt a little indignant at his grin when she admitted about her spirit guide; “Well not everyone can be patient, not even my dad who’s the most patient in the world.” She said blushing a little. She took his bait and scowled; “I can be very patient, but it helps.” She said not wanting to admit that sometimes she let others get the better of her and she was glad he spoke again. It would help her mask her taking his bait. It was true she was naturally patient, but if she used it as often as her father had, she would be satisfied and her spirit guide would have found her with a different reason.

“Yes I wouldn’t mind showing you. Do you have the material or should I get some” She asked smiling a little masking her indignity and showing him she really did need the therapy. She wasn’t going to let her frustration at herself go towards Claudius even if the stuttering drove her mind in swirls of dizziness. She would live with it and get used to it. So she just smiled rather than say something back towards him. Because he did leave something she wanted to say but just the slightest presense of her Spirit guide, she decided against it.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
326. Smelly long post.
[html]
[/html]Claudius grinned when she admitted her fault, glad that she was able to do that. Unlike Saqui, Claudius was not one to readily admit such things, as he'd demonstrated when he and Ulilohi had visited Io. Though his opinion of her had changed considerably, he still recognized that her manner of speech that day had made him quite uncomfortable. This felt different, though: it was more recognizing something you could change than admitting to slacking in your duties. Claudius thought he could do something like this, too.

When she mentioned her father, Claudius immediately recalled the stern white wolf. He hadn't ever spoken with him closely, but he remembered Nayati from when they had both been members of the same tribe. Claudius was glad that Nayati had found peace in the Great Tribe, but Claudius didn't think he could ever live there; not after what Maska had done. The Great Tribe was complicit in his actions simply by sending him in the first place. They should have known. Of all who had been harmed by Maska, Claudius thought that Nayati was the last one who would want to live there. Perhaps Nayati really was just that patient.

Claudius grinned widely when Saqui agreed to help him. Great! He was so glad that he had found someone who knew how to weave baskets. He was certain that Simcha would come up with nothing and he would be victorious! Not that it was a competition of course (except it totally was and he was definitely going to win).

"Guh-great! And nuh, no I duh-don't ha-ave any... I ha-a-ve tuh-to yuh-use... honey... suckle... I thuh-think? Or buh-buh-buckbrush?" He frowned as he considered this, since he wasn't too sure which was required. "Suh-sorry, I-I'm nuh-new tuh-to this." He held his hands out in an imploring gesture, hoping that she would not fault him with his lack of research. Honestly, he wasn’t too sure what honeysuckle or bushbruck looked like anyhow.[html]
[/html]
[html]

WC: 318 OOC: I derped /xDD

Saqui barely knew of the happenings in AniWaya other than they were driven out by a man who no longer lived here. She didn’t know the animosity towards the part dogs in the pack and that he had come to get her and her brother when her family fled. She just knew the Great Tribe was her home for many months and now she was back in AniWaya. Her father had not approved but she was stubborn and knew he would not chase her down if she did go. So she did. She loved her family but she wanted to branch out and if things didn’t work out she would come home and stay there forever.

She couldn’t help but smile more at his grin. He seemed relieved to get som help and she would at least be doing something to help him and the pack out in one way or another. His answer made her break out into her on grin but she did surpress it and it lasted only a second or two. He did admit he was new and she corrected her facial expression; “The two plants are of the same. It’s not hard to find them, but easier when they are in bloom, unfortunately it is too late unless there are late bloomers but I think I can help you a little in finding some and showing you what to do with them.” She said standing up. It was going to be a small adventure because she knew nothing of the layout of AniWaya. “They are oval leaves that arrange opposite each other on the leave, I think they fruit around this time but I don’t recall what their fruit looks like.” She said. She should be obviously good with foliage, but she wasn’t and it showed. She knew what she needed so she could get around things.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
Didn't even notice 8D
[html]
[/html]Claudius blushed out of embarrassment when Saqui explained that the two plants were in and of the same. That meant that he and Simcha had been bickering over nothing! He felt a bit stupid, and although he wanted to use this information to his advantage and claim that he had been right all along, it wasn’t very good behaviour for a leader. In the end, he was just happy to have found someone that knew enough about this topic to help them out. Simcha would be very pleased.

Claudius’ expression fell when Saqui noted that the plants weren’t in bloom anymore, so they’d be tougher to find. Of course, she was quick to point out there may be some late bloomers, so he found himself grinning once more. She really did know a lot about this! When she stood up, Claudius followed suit, excited to begin the hunting process.

“Guh-great,” he replied. “I-I’m guh-glad I cuh-came to yuh-you then. Yuh-you see-eem to nuh-know a luh-lot about… this. Shuh-should wuh-we guh-get a bag… o-or suh-something… t-to… use… to carry… them?” He didn’t want to have to make multiple trips, even if there were two of them. He figured it would be easier this way.[html]
[/html]
[html]

WC: 227 OOC:

She had the basic knowledge of such things, she was taught how to gather as well as prepare, her teacher wasn’t one on skipping out on lessons, she said that it would make Saqui dependant on someone. She felt lucky she had that teacher in particular as it seemed to come in handy now. She could see his face fall only for a second but return to that cute little smile and she smiled back more happy she could be of some help.

“It is no problem, anything I can help with I will. And I do have a bag, well a basket really.” She entered her hut and moved around it until she found the big bowl reed basket before leaving and presented it to him, it wasn’t overly big that it would cause discomfort while carrying it, but it was good enough to do the work they wanted; “I think it best we find the fence, or any fence really, but with bright sunlight, it likes to grow around things that give it plenty of light.” She said, thinking of all she could remember about the plant. There were many different things that were good for weaving especially thing branched trees or saplings or vines like the stiff ones of the honeysuckle bush they were going to search for.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]
[/html]Claudius grinned instinctively when Saqui expressed her desire to help. He liked that about her--she was so upbeat, even when he didn't feel too great himself. He knew that he needed to surround himself with others who were positive and vibrant because not only did it help pull him out of his shell, but it helped him feel better, too. Just being around Saqui, he was noticing, was relaxing; and, well, fun.

Saqui was quick to find a basket and it wasn't long until she returned from the interior of her hut with it. She then suggested that they start searching around the fence or anywhere that there was a lot of sunlight. Claudius considered this and then nodded once.

"I nuh-know juh-just the puh-place. I-If wuh-we... head... straight west... a-a-and... then... nuh-north a-a-at thuh... fuh-fence... there... i-i-i-is one... suh-section... in a vuh-very... sunny... muh-meadow," he explained. He then stepped back, hoping to show Saqui the way, unless she knew of a better place. [html]
[/html]
[html]

WC: 250 OOC: Saqui is deducing things in her head lol.

Claudius was the closest she had to a friend and she wanted to call him such. He was the only one she really knew here in the pack, though it was not for lack of trying, she was also busy with harvest and gathering. She was as busy as she could be even in the great tribe, maybe even more so, but she was not complaining at all. She liked the little things she could do and loved how she could be a big part of the pack.

Once she retrieved the basket he spoke of a good place the sun was on open area. Saqui was not well traveled in AniWaya yet, so she did not know where everything was so she knew to leave it up to Claudius, he knew this place best, if she was correct, he had lived here his whole life. She nodded to him; “Please lead the way, once we are there, we can start the search!” She said, a soft smile on her face. She would fall in behind him to follow where he was talking about. As she did she thought about how it was getting slightly easier to understand what he was saying. Perhaps she just needed to talk with him more to understand how he talked, like with anyone with some kind of accent. She knew some wolves who were learning to speak cherokee tended to have horrible accents, perhaps this was a bit like it.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
Don't think too hard... ;o Just kidddinnngg. Also, slight PP of them walking~
[html]
[/html]Claudius nodded once Saqui spoke up, glad that he'd be able to demonstrate his own skills and show her around. Although he didn't mind asking for help, especially given his penchant for learning, he did not deny that he was a prideful beast and would prefer to do things his way if he thought it was best. While he was not uncompromising in his ways, he was glad that he'd be able to take the lead on this. Moreover, as the sub-leader, he felt it was his responsibility to show Saqui around especially since he was the one who had accepted her into the tribe. In this manner, he felt somewhat responsible for her--just as he had for Matteo and still, to this day, for Gemma.

They set off at a comfortable pace and although Claudius liked to use his long two legs to move quickly through the forest that surrounded the village, he recognized that Saqui might not have the same height advantage as he. If anything, he always remembered his sisters complaining that he walked too fast as a child; that still would likely hold true if they were still around.

It was easy to lose track of time, especially since he tended to point out things every so often, sometimes stopping to show Saqui something. His crafting skills required a lot of knowledge about flowering plants, so he liked to point them out where they still bloomed or gesture to the general area when they weren't. Once they arrived, Claudius gestured to the dilapidated fence and stepped into the sunlight, enjoying the feeling of the warm sunbeams on his fur.

"O-okay, wuh-we're... here," he said, and then chuckled quietly. Obviously. He glanced around, hoping to find the plants to impress Saqui with how well he’d paid attention, but he couldn’t spot any right away. [html]
[/html] WC: 308
[html]

WC: 368 OOC: dun dun duuuun, Obstacle.

It was nice to get another much better tour of the place and seeing the things he had to show her, she slowed when he did and paid attention. She had no complaints on his pace, she could keep up, her legs might have been shorter, but she still had the power and energy to keep up with him without worry. He pointed out some of the plants he knew, a few she knew too, but not all and those she had not known about she kept stored in her head for a later date to remember. He was a proud man she could tell and she smiled softly that even though he had such a speech impediment he was a good guy. He was certainly helpful even though she was out to help him he was helping her, giving her a general idea of the type of lands that were here and what she would most likely find with the plants he was pointing out not to mention she was learning about new plants she had never heard about.

They were at the fens in no time it seemed, and all that had happened seemed to have been all in slow motion and then just disappeared. She stepped forward to the fence looking at the weeds and vines that covered the old fence. She was quiet, not seeing anything, then walked along the fenceline. “They can grow nearly anywhere, but a place with support is always helpful.” She said squinting her eyes thinking she had seen something, but it was a trick of the eye. She moved further along and then stopped, grinning and motioning for Claudius to join her; “here, see? The fruits, they are not good to eat but they can be told easily by this, though still kind of hard to see, and the shape of the leaves, this is definitely what we are looking for,” She had to reach over a pricker bush to pull off a twig of the plant to show him, and she looked at the bush scowling at the fact she knew it wasn’t going to be easy. Things never tended to be.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
go go AniWaya rangers~~~
[html]
[/html]Claudius watched quietly as Saqui started looking around searching from the buckbrush. She seemed to have a very clear image in her mind, so he was content to let her begin her process and then learn what he could when she could explain it. Sometimes, it was easier to get it done yourself and then explain what you were doing. Claudius had to do this sometimes because of the nature of his skills. He tried to look for the plants as Saqui had described them, but couldn’t see any. Saqui spoke up and indicated that she couldn’t find any, either, so it seemed as though it wasn’t just his lack of familiarity with the plant that was hindering his progress.

He moved closer at Saqui’s call and spotted the plant she was pointing at. That wasn’t quite what he pictured, but he supposed it made sense. If he’d come out here on his own, he definitely wouldn’t have found it. He realized that he hadn’t brought any knives or cutting tools with him and he wasn’t sure how easy it would be to get to the plant around the other pricker bush.

“Hmm,” he replied, frowning in concentration. “What… what i-i-i-if… we fuh-find a thuh-thin fuh-flat ruh-rock… to cuh-cut it a-a-away wuh-with? Duh-did you buh-bring a knife?” he asked. [html]
[/html] WC: 219
[html]

WC: 203 OOC: at least it's 200 Tongue

They had come to a problem neither of them had a cutting tool as Claudius admitted to. She cringed shaking her head. She was too excited to go out and help him that she'd forgotten something. “I think a rock might do the job at least, the limbs are thin we don't want to try to fray the ends but I don't think we have much of a choice.” She said, turning her body this way and that. They were lucky because there was no lack for rocks, though most of them were all rounded which would not serve them well. She wouldn’t give up that easy though.

She got closer to the old fence, and soon saw some sharper looking rocks, ones that had not been tumbled around at one point or another. Grabbing the best looking ones up, she handed Claudius one, then began sawing at a branch of the plant. It was sturdy that was for sure, but she let her muscles work, as they had when she was working in the fields or hunting. She worked on it quietly her head tilted in concentration as she cut deeper into the limb with the sharp rock.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
Works for meee 8D Also, feel free to powerplay them collecting everything and going back to Saqui's hut so she can how him how to make a basket 8D 8D
[html]
[/html]Claudius tried not to look disappointed when Saqui realized neither of them had brought a knife. Claudius hadn’t really expected her to be ready and willing to go out hunting for the plants today, so he hadn’t packed a whole lot for the trip. Saqui, too, he supposed hadn’t thought this through as thoroughly as he had so it seemed as though they’d have to find a workaround. He didn’t mind, though—he had a few ideas on how to get this done.

He watched as Saqui looked for rocks and then started to search as well, but she had much better luck than he. He found a good stick to use to push back the thorns, but no rocks. Just as soon as he started kicking rocks around and had bent down to move them with his hands, Saqui found one for each of them. He straightened up and took the rock from her and then stepped back to survey the fence. When Saqui began to saw at the branch, he watched her for a few seconds and then decided to mention something when realization struck.

“Yuh-you nuh-know, even if… wuh-we fuh-fray the… edges… we… can still… cuh-cut thuh-them… with knives… back home,” he pointed out. As he spoke, he moved to find some honeysuckle not completely surrounded by thorns. He ripped a few thorny bushes down with the aid of the sharp rock in one hand and a stick in another. He sawed at a honeysuckle branch, trying to get as much as possible. “I-i-if wuh-we… try to guh-get a lot… it shuh-should… buh-be… oka-a-a-y… I think,” he added, when he realized that it was Saqui who knew more about this and he was just postulating. Still, he thought it might be able to work. He just hoped his ideas would translate into reality. [html]
[/html] WC: 306