bring the corn and bear the fruit
[html]

For Saqui! Fore-dated a couple of days I guess. x3 Both Unatsi and I are clueless. :|

Word Count → 283

There were various herbs to be harvested, and so Unatsikanogeni Adahy trudged purposefully toward the watery areas of the Tribe lands to do his part. He walked with an awkward swagger, arms slightly swinging and chin lifted with a great show of bravado—although his tail seemed to want to creep between his legs and he sometimes had to swat it aside. At his belt hung the hand-scythe, meant to behead the evil plants and harvest their bodies or whatever it was for. This, too, he was very conscious of, often shifting his gait to keep the rusty edge from biting into his hip.

All in all, Unatsi made for a pathetic picture. As usual.

He heard laughter beside him and drew comfort from that, seeing the doe materialize from the corner of his eye and bound beside him. Soon he abandoned his determined stride, running carefree beside his spirit guide until she reached the thick of the woods near the streams, where she turned neatly on her small hooves and bowed her head to him. She managed to murmur the same old advice he always heard before she disappeared again, leaving him on his own.

The Tsulvwisdanehi smiled again, pushing his beaded mane back from his shoulder as he knelt near some of the plants. He’d learned a lot of their names, especially those of the particular berries he’d snacked on during the fast, but he still didn’t trust his knowledge completely. Once he’d gotten close to one leafy specimen, he realized why.

“Gado usdi gadanvte?” Unatsi asked, falling back down on his rump and staring at the clusters of herbs growing around the water. He didn’t even know where to start!

Image courtesy of wanderingsoul-stox@deviantART

<style>
.unatsifield .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.unatsifield p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.unatsifield b {color:#d3bd84; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.unatsifield {background-color:#efefef; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2W3Cr.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#668349; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.unatsifield .inner {margin:0px 10px 300px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#d3bd84;}
.unatsifield .wordcount {color:#d3bd84; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #d3bd84; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 2px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 385 OOC: He in twouble, so dated for the 20th? Smile

It was a fairly cool summer day and Saqui knew what could make it a perfect one too. Riding. It took no time to get Mirage ready for a good long run. She was ready and waiting. Saqui was starting a trail of sorts that the horse could take and not have to worry too much with holes and any obstacles that would hurt the horse, though parts of it went towards the more marshy spots, the horse didn’t mind especially in the warm summer heat. She started off at a trot, rose to a canter, and when she was in he open field she let the horse fly into a gallop. Mirage was a fast horse, not the fasted but Saqui felt so free to be on the black mare. It was as though she could take on anything and fly into the sky as the horse rushed to reach the clouds. Once she was nearign the edge of the field she slowed the horse down to a canter and then a trot. The ease was gradual and the woman was panting along with the horse. She had to have control to keep on a horse in full gallop bare back and it was nothing but an exhilerating run a free thing and something she and Mirage shared with each other. Sometimes the young woman would run alongside Mirage.

As she got to the marsh area she started to turn back, when she saw a figure hacking at something.... with a sickle. She stopped her horse and then with a quick change of her mind pulled the horse towards the man, the mud squelching in Mirage’s hooves. She had to jump off the mare to get too much further as it was not safe to having a mare hurry though wetlands; "Dohadvne!? ayosdodi gakohdi" She said rushing over to him, though he stopped before she spoke, but she had to get close to him. “gvtanvhi soquili unigisdi” She said panting, looking at the plants, it seemed he was having a bit more trouble than she had when she was first learning. What did he think he was doing? He did ask her if she knew anything about plants a good few days ago. She sighed and tried her best to think better of it.

<style>
.saqhorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.saqhorse p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

Sure! Also, fear Una's awkwardness and my terribly translated Cherokee. :|

Word Count → 330

Unatsi wondered what it would be like, to be an animal surrounded by big leafy things that could be food and could not be food, and not knowing which was which. Actually, realistically, he guessed it wouldn’t be like anything, because he’d cease to be, because he’d have starved already. It made him glad that he was a carnivore (more or less) and that food was a lot less complicated, but that didn’t mean this job was simple. All he knew was that there were herbs here, and useless ferns used for decoration or something, and all the plants were waiting for him to just attack them already; he could feel them watching.

“Didanvdo alisdelvdi ayv,” the farmer breathed, and started to hack away.

Had his spirit guide been around, she might have pointed out the approaching hoofbeats, but they were muffled by the soft ground. He might have been able to hear the sound of hooves pulling out of the mud, or the dismount of the luperci, but he ended up stopping anyway, wiping a sweaty paw pad on his fur and taking a deep breath.

The shout nearly caused him to leap out of his skin, and the half-scythe did leap—right out of his hand, where it spun then struck the ground. Meanwhile, Unatsi had half-curled in on himself to make himself seem smaller, his ears flat and his eyes squeezed shut as he expected a smack or similar rebuke. Instead, the squelching footsteps stopped, and a girl’s voice addressed him. As he recognized the sound, he opened his eyes and slowly lifted his head.

“O-oh. Uyo ayelvdi, ayv—avy uha tla adanvtedi gado udsi ayv nanadvnehv,” the scrawny red wolf admitted, stating the obvious. He tried to smile, and managed a sheepish and hopelessly awkward slant of his mouth. “Soquili unigisdi?” he repeated, scratching the back of his neck and staring at the plant, which had somehow managed to dodge most of his attacks. “Heh, osdv onadv.”

<style>
.unatsifield {background-color:#efefef; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2W3Cr.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#668349; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000; border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.unatsifield .inner {margin:0px 10px 300px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#d3bd84;}
.unatsifield .wordcount {color:#d3bd84; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #d3bd84; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 2px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 204 OOC: well this was enlightening enough that i really don't wanna write 100 more words Tongue

She was in no way sorry that she scared the man nor would she show her satisfaction her words did such thing. He probably deserved it. She watched as he explained himself and her eyebrow raised; "tsigotihav, Nasgi asquanigotodi awisv ganasanesgv hla gvhniha ." She said sternly. She moved toward him to the dryer ground where he was hacking at the plants and knelt down, pointing at them. "uhnasdedlvi gvtanvhi asesiha iyusti hiano" She said then demonstrated, by pulling the plant by its roots.

She looked at him with a raised eyebrow... he did not know what oats were? The woman sighed and shook her head. And gave him an imploring look. She wondered what was wrong with him, then pointed at her horse. "Soquili unigisdi" She said again, hoping he got it again, because there was no other way to say horse food … because that was basically it right there. "gado uyelidi nanadvnehv hia" She asked, she remembered him asking her a question when they first met, but she didn’t believe he really didn’t know how to do a job that he picked out. She let an eyebrow raise and gave him a look like he should know what he had to do.

<style>
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

Pretend the long bit of English at the end is Cherokee; I was not going to try to translate all of that. xD

Word Count → 313

It was probably ridiculous for him to be afraid of the yearling girl, but Unatsi had ceased really caring about his dignity. His big ears twitched after every stern word, but what she did say was enlightening. He frowned and glanced back at the plants, watching her closely as she knelt down and pulled closer to the base, freeing the root. “Tsigoti,” he muttered, but he didn’t see why; was it a plant where the root was the food, like a carrot?

Saqui repeated the word for oats, and he scowled sharply. “Tsigataha,” he said—except he didn’t. Or, well, he knew what oats were for, but he’d never harvested them, and—it was all very overwhelming. He put his face in his hands for an instant, knowing that he was just a few seconds away from completely losing his composure, and the wolfdog’s last question very nearly did him in.

“Hia?” Unatsikanogeni echoed, and shrugged his white shoulder as he considered the question. “I’m doing my job, or trying to, at any rate, because I’m not going to just sit on my butt and feel sorry for myself and not go out and do anything.” The Cherokee words seemed to run together as he talked at her, but there was a lull as he flattened his ears bad-temperedly. “Oh, unless you mean this as in this whole joke of a profession? That, my dear girl, I’d have to say is my spirit guide’s fault—except it’s not a fault, they’re never wrong, but Udanvti kicked me toward agriculture because I’m a cowardly failure of a warrior and so that is why I am doing this and why the whole Tribe is probably going to die because I’ll start harvesting deadly nightshade instead of apples!” He bristled, the scar tissue on his face twitching, and then slumped with defeat. He was a failure.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 324 OOC:

She nodded as he pulled at the plant to get the root and smiled as he did it as she did. “It is also a way to keep control of the plants around as well so we can plant the seeds again next year without them running wild.” She said nodding to him. He still looked apprehensive and his answer made her nearly cringe as he spoke about trying to do his job and then she rose her eyebrows as he seemed to get angered by his own words.

“This job is very important. It is a part of our pack and if your job is … how did you say it... a joke. I am no warrior either, so calm down and I can show you. I too am in the agriculture profession. I will not let you feed our tribe anything that will kill them.” She smiled at him trying to get him to calm down. “These are used to pull the stalks of oats so that when they die they go into the soil, their seeds are within the tops and once they die they become the ground. These plants however... they will stay forever. We can keep control of them by pulling their roots and we can use them for medicines or if anyone is experimenting new medicines. We do not want them to go to waste but we do not want them to wreak havoc either.” She explained. She was proud of herself, for a yearling she was taking this well herself. Maybe it was because she needed plenty of patience with Kuruk, he was head strong and he did not like all the things that she did so when he talked about something she didn’t care about or he fumed at her girly ways... she had to be patient. It seemed her brother had to teach her something good after all.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 347

Holding the base of the plant in his hand, Unatsi listened intently to her explanation; he was thirsty for any sort of knowledge that might set him right on this path. He was still frustrated, and the yearling would have a rough time changing that, but at least she could teach him like no one else had really bothered to (ignoring the fact that many luperci had offered; Una was just quick to place the blame on the Tribe rather than himself, as usual).

The image of the crops running wild made him twitch a smile, only because he was imagining them literally running and overtaking the entire territory. Maybe this whole Plantslayer thing wasn’t as far-fetched as he thought.

The look in the Utina’s blue eyes made him recoil once more, expecting to be chastised and preparing for it. He knew that what he said was probably blasphemy to a lot of goodie-goodie AniWayans, but it was the uncensored truth, and he wanted to get it off his chest. His choice of words in particular seemed to be poor, but she firmly yet kindly told him to relax and that she wouldn’t let him royally screw up. This offer was enough to make him look her right in the face again, his big ears coming to attention as the dog hybrid began to explain more.

As erratic as his thought process and speech were, Unatsikanogeni was good at sorting facts and details and committing them to memory. While he wouldn’t readily believe it, all he needed was a list—of processes, of uses—for each plant, and he’d be on his way to actually learning how to farm. He listened intently as she explained the seeds at the top of the plants falling into the soil, and some more details about controlling them so they wouldn’t wither away or take over.

“Goliga,” the farmer said brightly, his demeanor shifting almost instantaneously. He held up the stalk in his hand, motioning to the others of the same kind around them that could be harvested. “Dadadvneli naquugesv, vv?”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 255 OOC: *punches you again* Shaw derped hard

Saqui could see him recoil and deep down she felt bad that she could have such a reaction but did not show it. He was a good guy really. He just needed to understand more about what he was doing. He did seem to pay plenty of attention as she explained to him about how they controlled the plants and then when he asked about doing that here, she rose her eyebrow and looked aroudn the marshy area and shook her head.

“No, these plants don’t tend to grow on dry ground so they are controlled well enough by the water here. It is the working fields that tend to need control.” She said beginnign to wonder just how much he knew of plants and exactly why he joined a rank he knew nothing about, but she supposed he wanted to learn. She let a small smile hide the frown she had been showing earlier. “Many roots around here can be used for the healers though, I am sure they appreciate us helping them as well” She said adding onto her previous statements. There was so much to think about when it came to the rank she was in. It really could be complicated; “Do you know what it is you wanted to harvest?” She wanted to add or was hitting at the plants all you expected to do, but knew that would be far too mean for the poor man who has already quivered at her lecture.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000

The man fought to keep his face from falling when she shook her head; it seemed that even when he listened to advice he was blind to how it worked in real life—at least, he was thus far in his profession. He nodded again when she at least explained the reason why it wasn’t important to slay these particular plants, casting a suspicious eye over them and wondering if they might not evolve to be amphibious or something. It was one last area to worry about, though, and let him focus on the working fields. He knew he’d start patrolling there and maybe chop down some of the crops spilling out from the fields.

“Vv, unasdetlv,” Unatsi said brightly, looking around at the plants. “That’s what I meant to do—to gather some herbs for the healers, I mean, or at least get something that looked like a herb; I figure they’d know the difference even if I didn’t, but I thought those type of plants might grow here!” He gestured at the marshland and grinned, hoping that his powers of deduction were impressive even if his plant-slaying skills weren’t. He’d at least been right about the roots helping out the healers.

He managed a less manic smile, his big ears falling back a bit shyly as he looked to the younger canine for a last piece of advice. “If you, uh—if you know about any certain type of useful herb, you can describe it, and I can get to pulling those roots for our medicine-wolves.”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 176 OOC: OMG this fails, sorry i didnt' get into specifics.... I erally am not a plant person and have no idea about hplants lol

She didn’t meant to embarrass him in anyway but it seemed he was asking for it. He seemed to have no knowledge, but what he did have, it seemed, was the will to learn and she smiled at his eagerness; “You are correct many of the medicine plants can be found here and only here, there are others that like their shade and you’ll find in the forests, or those that want nothing but light which you can find in fields. The plants here are numerous and many can do one thing or another” She explained. She picked at a plant in particular and then began explaining to him about the different uses being it a part of the physical plant, the flower, a fruit if it had any, or the roots which tended to be used often enough. She told him all she could about it. Then showed him a few more and did the same,keepign the plants in her hand, though she was open to giving them to him for him to study.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]