Misinformation
[html]
Can someone please clear up this situation XD. Kiara is immune to the luperic virus and has no idea. / +000

Kiara paced restlessly outside of the pack den as the rune on her shoulder burned with a phantom pain. Her mind was on too many things at once, and most of them were far from pleasant. The day was cooler than most as a brief relief from the heat allowed the snow wolf some room to breather. Dark clouds drifted overhead and made the forest seem darker than usual. Even so, Kiara didn't stop to enjoy the weather.

The female was stressed out, her pacing evidence of the inner turmoil she was facing. Four months ago, Amy had attacked her and infected her with the virus. According to Drin, this was the time when she would experience her first shift. It was an event Kiara was not looking forward to. She didn't want to become a luperci. But that choice had been taken from her, just as her son had. An angry growl rose in the young mother's throat as her ears pushed back against her head. Nothing was going right.

Mommy? Kiara turned to see Lucia standing and watching her with worry in her eyes. The young mother's heart broke as she moved over to Lucia and gave her gentle licks. Don't worry, everything is fine. Go play with Lena and Cody. Familiar sapphire eyes looked at their mother, a hint of confusion and knowing glowing in them. Lucia had grown so large, and was turning into a beautiful young wolf. She was no longer a young puppy and probably knew of some of her mother's troubles. Kiara tired her best to keep most things from Lucia, but she doubted that she could keep her daughter in the dark about everything.

More than anything, Kiara wanted to be a good mother. When she wasn't brooding, or off hunting/playing with Tharin, the mother would spend time with her daughter. She was Lucia's teacher and playmate, responsibilities that Kiara took seriously.

With an extra bit of encouragement, Kiara was able to see her daughter run off playfully in search of the other puppies. Sighing, the arctic female went back to her restless pacing as she waited for the urge to shift. One that she was absolutely sure would come.

<style type="text/css">
.kiarasum b {font-weight:bold; color:#d1e837; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f1c141; }
.kiarasum p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.kiarasum {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#001d63; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4BRVe.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ece415; padding: 7px 0px 330px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#dbe78d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.kiarasum p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.kiarasum p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: +1 :o

Zalen had been out hunting, something that he hadn’t done in a while, having lived off his personal stores which had now run dry. There was nothing better than the taste of warm fresh meat, and the Optime form Alpha loped over the ground as a prancing fawn might, no less than three plump hairs hanging from his maw like some engorged and comical mustache.

He was making his way back to the communal den, because he knew better than to try and even come close to Titania’s birthing den. He was beginning to worry about his mate though, in the past she had called him regularly to drop morsels at the entrance to the small cave she had dug, but it had been a while since her last call. Perhaps she had given birth, but he wouldn’t know until she bade someone to come see.

Putting it out of his mind, the Alpha saw the den appear before him in the cool and partially open in the forest in which it was situated. He managed to catch a glimpse of Lucia running off; she was getting so big, it wouldn’t surprise him if she too shifted soon, just as Lena and Cody recently had. Then he caught site of her beautiful mother, Kiara, pacing like something possessed outside the mouth of the den. He could basically smell the worry coming off her, and he strode up to her confidently, setting the rabbits down in the dirt near her feet. His optime form dwarfed her petite lupus one, but being on all fours he still managed to nuzzle her gently on the scruff in greeting, Hello Kiara, you look troubled. He wondered if this might be about Kohaku.

Photo courtesy of neonihil

<style>
.KMTT_Zal3 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_Zal3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#454650; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#b2b3b8 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Zal3 {background-color:#e0e1e5; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... Zalen3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:300px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_Zal3 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_Zal3 p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.KMTT_Zal3 p b:after {content: close-quote;}
.KMTT_Zal3 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #522e26; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
Can someone please clear up this situation XD. Kiara is immune to the luperic virus and has no idea. / +000

The snow wolf's mind bounced back and forth between worry about her son and fear for the future. Soft growls and whines sounded from deep within her throat as she paced. Kiara didn't know what to do or who to turn too. She didn't want to bother anyone. They were stressed out enough and didn't need her to make their lives even more stressful.

The familiar black form of her Alpha approached and Kiara stopped pacing. She lowered her body submissively and looked away. She didn't want to look at him. Zalen was in his optime form, although he still traveled on all fours. The optime wolves always dwarfed the small female, and Zalen was no exception. He nuzzled her scruff gently, and Kiara returned the greeting with a quick lick to his muzzle before she looked down to his feet again.

As usual, the black male was concerned for Kiara. His kind words made her want to open up and howl with sadness. Zalen, I... I don't know what to do. There was no point in hiding the truth any longer. She would shift soon anyways and then everyone would know. I'm going to have my first shift soon, and... I'm just so scared.

<style type="text/css">
.kiarasum b {font-weight:bold; color:#d1e837; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #f1c141; }
.kiarasum {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#001d63; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4BRVe.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ece415; padding: 7px 0px 330px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#dbe78d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 237 Lol! Zalen's like "Who'd you bone?" XD

Zalen felt pretty proud of himself for his generous catch of rabbit, and he had to keep from nearly prancing around Kiara like an excited pup to show off his skills. But her expression and body language grounded him immediately, and he almost let a worried whine escape his throat. What the white femme said he had not been expecting, in fact, it downright confused him and the Alpha could not help but to turn his head to the side quizzically.

His mind raced to try and figure out what she could mean; Amy had attacked her months ago, why would she be worried about shifting now? Had she been attacked again? His eyes traced the strange scar lines the bitch had left on Kiara, anger suddenly bubbling up, but he suppressed it, instead focusing on Kiara’s current worry.

The Alpha sat as best he could in his Optime form and lower his head so he could better look at her down-turned face, What do you mean? And then… it slowly dawning on him, he raised his head again, Did you… sleep with one of your Luperci brothers? It was an awkward thing to have to ask, but it was the only thing that made any sense with what she was saying. He couldn’t imagine who would sleep with Kiara besides Tharin, but perhaps she had gotten lonely and had had a passionately night with a Luperci.

<style>
.KMTT_Zal3 b {font-family:verdana; color:#454650; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#b2b3b8 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Zal3 {background-color:#e0e1e5; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... Zalen3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:300px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_Zal3 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #522e26; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
[html]
OOC/ +000

Kiara had seen the rabbits that Zalen so proudly carried in his jaws. Sure it was impressive and they did smell delicious, but Kiara just couldn't get herself excited over her leader's triumph. Food, which was normally on her mind, had been almost forgotten the past few weeks. Sure, Kiara ate enough to keep herself healthy, but the joy she found in hunting had been diminished. There was too much weighing on the female's mind.

Zalen's confusion was apparent, and Kiara knew her random questions would do little to help. Yet, something seemed to dawn on him, a conclusion the arctic female had not been expecting. Her ears fell back on her skull and she leaned back in shock. No, I would... I would never... I mean, not without your permission of course. Kiara looked away, suddenly embarrassed. The awkward air spread between Zalen and Kiara. She wouldn't dare sleep with any wolf without the Alpha's permission, much less a luperci. Although, once she shifted the option would be open.

Feeling the need to explain herself Kiara began to speak. I just, well... it's been four months since I was infected with the virus so... that means I will shift soon... so... I'm just worried because I don't... I mean I didn't... well... How could Kiara say to Zalen that she hated the idea of shifting. Not only was he her alpha, but he was born a luperci. It wasn't that Kiara despised luperci, on the contrary in fact. But, the idea of her become a shifter was a terrible one in her mind.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: +1 OOC.

Kiara looked at him in shock and embarrassment and for a moment he thought he had been correct in his assumption, but then she denied ever doing so and looked away. Zalen was quiet for a moment, but the awkward tension between them tangible and the Alpha was almost convinced that she was lying until she began speaking again; she said that it had been four months since her “infection” and that she was expecting to shift soon. Zalen looked at her in such a peculiar way he thought his face might break from the strain of it.

But she seemed so concerned that he was made to believe that she was convinced it was the truth what she was saying, therefore, he started slowly, Kiara, if you were infected, it would only take you a week’s time to shift, not four months. Unless you slept with a Luperci, or were infected a week ago, you won’t shift now. Zalen then got back onto all four and circled the woman.

He sniffed her thoroughly, and looked at her scars; they were fully healed, and she smelled fine; Luperci had a particular and subtle scent that was very much lacking on her, Perhaps you are immune to the virus, I’ve seen it before. It’s rare but is possible, you’re only the third wolf I’ve met who was immune. He smiled then, wagging his tail. He couldn’t sure that was the case here, but it made sense in the context of the situation.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

When it came to things like mateship, Kiara was a little more reserved than most luperci. The arctic female was of the strong opinion that wolves mated for life and having her own mate run off was actually a source of shame. On top of that, just simply talking about the subject was uncomfortable and embarrassing. Did he think so little of her that he assumed she would have a passionate night outside of heat, with a luperci, and without his permission?

A long and awkward silence stretched between the two wolves. It was Zalen who spoke first, his words slow and deliberate. What was he saying? The more Zalen spoke, the more confused Kiara became. Drin had told her that she would shift after four months, but now Zalen was saying that wasn't true? Sapphire eyes stared at the black leader, unsure and questioning everything she knew about luperci. Who should she believe? Her friend? Her leader? Kiara's mind reeled, but a large part of her wanted to believe Zalen. Is that true? But, Drin said she didn't shift for four months...

The subordinate female stood still as Zalen inspected her body. He passed over the injuries, sniffing them and contemplating what he found. The rune that had been carved on her shoulders was where Amy had mixed their blood. There was no way Kiara could have avoided becoming infected. Once again, Zalen spoke the words Kiara wanted to hear most: immune. She couldn't be a luperci, it was impossible. Something about Kiara kept her in one form, and no amount of blood would change that. Kiara's own tail picked up and began to wag. A gleam returned to her eyes and her very form seemed to brighten. Really? That's possible? I wont change?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: +1 OOC.

Kiara seemed put off by him and Zalen felt his enthusiasm over the rabbits fading away and he looked at them somewhat disappointingly. She mentioned that Palaydrian had been the one to give her the four month timeline, that it had taken her that long and that confused Zalen as well, because it went against what he knew about the virus. But Kiara’s reaction to the idea that she may be immune seemed to cheer her up considerably, and Zalen was glad at that. He knew that some Luperci may be offended by the way she reacted, but he wasn’t; he rejoiced as much as she that she could remain the way she was born, because it was so rare to see non-Luperci around, and Zalen was almost envious of them.

Zalen’s own tail began to wag too, Yes! It’s very possible. In fact, that two brothers who took me in when I was just a pup were immune. I know this for sure because I was there with them after they had had sex with Luperci girls. He let these words tumble out of his mouth before he realized how inappropriate they might sound, and after realizing it he looked away somewhat embarrassed. But it was just good to see Kiara was happier.

Then, changing the subject, I don’t know exactly why Palaydrian said four months, I’ve always seen people shift after a week, but honestly I’ve only ever seen one wolf get infected before. But I had heard from others that, yes, it only takes a week. So I’m almost positive you must be immune. He smiled again.

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Zalen's words made it feel as if a very heavy and long standing weight had been lifted. Ever since Amy's attack, Kiara had dreamt and feared shifting. Somehow, the idea of changing forms seemed wrong to her. It was unnatural and there was so much that she didn't know about the luperci. In many ways, they were still the creatures of legend that they had been when she was in her isolated valley. Strange and mystifying creatures that commanded both wonder and fear. They were also beings to admire, not join.

Kiara hadn't even thought about how Zalen might feel when she expressed her joy at being immune. The possibility of him being hurt never even crossed her mind. All that she could think of was the simple joy of knowing she would remain as she always was, with a single form and the impossibility of loosing it. I can't believe it. I had never heard of such things... but I know very little about the virus. This is fantastic! Kiara didn't even want to think about the discrepancies between what Drin had said and what Zalen was telling her. She needed to believe that she was immune. Zalen sounded more sure of himself that Drin had, and he was the Alpha.

The arctic female's tail wagged furiously, looking like a white blur behind her. She rushed up to the large Alpha, enthusiastically licking his muzzle in thanks. When she was done, Kiara stepped back, her sapphire eyes sparkling like polished gems. I'm immune.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 000 Closing this out now yes? Big Grin

The complete change from sad to glad in Kiara was very refreshing and Zalen could not help to be infected by her joy. His tail began to wag vigorously and his whole body perked up when she came to gleefully lick at him, affections that he gladly reciprocated. Kiara was one of the shining stars in the galaxy that was New Dawn, and her glow was bright, he always wanted to see her happy.

She proclaimed that she was immune and he smiled wolfishly, You are truly special. However, you are not immune to hunger, so join me in eating! He retrieved the rabbits again and placed a nice plump one at her feet, Congratulations, Kiara.

<style>
[/html]