what does it take to be lonesome? [AW]
[html]
AW! Maybe some lovely Vinatta member can cheer the poor bugger up.
(319)

She was gone.

The girl that had begun to plague his mind day and night had vanished into thin air, it seemed. He had spent yet another day with his current love interest, and after another late evening together he had said goodbye, expecting to see her beautiful face in the morning. But instead he had found nothing but a cleared out house, all traces of her gone. The shock was like a knife to his windpipe; he could barely breathe, couldn’t understand what he was seeing or feeling. It was Ever all over. Why she left when she was just beginning to open up and be happy didn't make any sense to him. He hadn't seen this coming at all. That's what made it hurt even more.

Eli had been gone for quite a while but the Hollr didn’t even care. He sat in the heart of the Commune, alone, hunched over. The gash on his face had finally started healing and was looking immensely better. He blinked, feeling how his eye affected his wound. He thought of Wretch again, and collapsed onto the mossy ground in a pathetic heap.

There was nothing he could do. He was alone, really and truly, for the first time in a long time. He had nothing to look forward to anymore, no one to make him laugh or smile. He had so much hope for that awkward girl who could make him feel like a king by just looking at him.

He should have told her how he felt.

The massive secui rolled onto his back and watched the trees sway in the wind above him. He missed everything and nothing at all once. The wolfdog rolled to his right side, closing his peculiar eyes and focused on the thunder in his mind. His head hurt for the first time in months. He grunted, and laid there for hours.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly27 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f48335; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #254e27; }
.freebjuly27 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly27 {margin:0 auto; width:484px; background-color:#04b96a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7YD8K.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 140px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0b052c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freebjuly27 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freebjuly27 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]

{236} Hope you don't mind if I yoink this! Big Grin

INK.

Ink was finally getting the hang of things. Between greeting new friends and doing new chores, the Risna had finally settled in. His house had become a home and his horse had properly joined the pack herd. He had best friends and trusted packmates. He had a pack. He wondered, every now and then, if his mother would be proud of him, in the after-life.

Probably, yeah. Today, he'd been busy doing the usual things- he'd gone hunting on his own this time, having caught on to the jist of it- finally. The boy had caught a hare! Since Jerri was taken care of that morning, and since he'd hunted in lupus form this time, the boy trotted along on all fours, enjoying the shots of sunlight through the trees and the lingering scent of a delicious meal- he hoped no one would take it from him. So far, he'd been lucky, but he'd learned through others that food didn't feed the Risnas first.

He paused mid-step at a new scent. Up ahead, a massive canine- probably in his secui form- laying limp on the ground. Asleep? Maybe. What if he were hurt? Concern swelled in Ink's chest and the lupus hybrid trotted over, dropping the rabbit on the ground and looking the larger canine over carefully. "Hello? Sir? You alright?" His tail waved low behind him, though long ears were perked with curiousity.

<style>
.Ink-table1 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Ink-table1 b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.Ink-table1-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Ink-table1-charname {font-family:impact, georgia, serif; color:#B5ADAD; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Ink-table1-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JyYqF.jpg); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.Ink-table1-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Ink-table1 {background-color:#7C7272; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Not at all! Glad to have you!
(317)

Perhaps close to an hour ago, the man's brain had felt like it imploded and he had wanted to scream out from the agony. Instead he only let out a low moan because of how badly his mind was physically hurting him, but that was the only sign of the man's suffering. He stood impossibly still on the grass, hoping no one would disturb him. Quite a while later, the headache had lessened some, perhaps due to him shutting his eyes and becoming zen for a while, meditating while he listened to the birds and the insects around him. He could hear some rustling, but he wasn’t quite sure if it was the wind or his imagination. Everything here was quiet, and that's exactly how he liked it. The silence soothed his head. Jordheim had been busy and loud lately, which was why he had escaped the commune in the first place.

He was just beginning to doze off to sleep as a young stranger called after him. Ezra realized he was splayed out in the road and a stranger could think he was injured the way he was laying. He chuckled to himself as he shook the sleep out of his eyes and mind, twisting his neck to look at the boy who had called out to him. He was fair-haired with some darker lowlights. He seemed like a new recruit; at least, the Hollr hadn’t ever seen him before. Ezra didn't mind the interruption. This youngster could be interesting to talk to.

Yes, I’m fine, thank you, Ezra said cordially. Just got a devil of a headache. He looked at the pale boy curiously, realizing he was younger than Eli. The Hollr wondered if his russet son had ever met this creature. What’s your name, son? He wagged his tail through the grass slowly, wondering how this interaction would pan out.

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly27 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f48335; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #254e27; }
.freebjuly27 {margin:0 auto; width:484px; background-color:#04b96a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7YD8K.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 140px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0b052c; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

{218} Ink's all confused by the secui. XD

INK.

The secui male reassured that he was fine, rolling over and even offering a wag of his tail. Ink sat down, confident that all would be fine now. "Ink Trovato. I'm a Risna, joined a couple weeks ago." He offered the older male a sheepish grin, long ears tucking back into his fur a bit. "Who're you?" Head tilted to the side slightly, red and blue eyes examining his packmate curiously.

He'd never really seen much of their Secui form before. All his life, he'd only ever seen his family and friends in their Optime or Lupus forms, so the long-legged, beastial Secui shape was strange to him. He glanced down at the husky-marked male's front paws and noted the enlongated fingers- not quite hands, but capable of being dexterous if need be, from what he could tell. A thicker barrel of a chest and longer tail meant balancing in one's secui form must've been difficult at first.

He wondered what he'd look like in his secui form. He'd never really taken the time to shift mid-way before and because of this, he'd never really gotten to know himself as such. "Why are you in your secui form?" He tilted his head curiously, voice clear of any judgemental tones- he just wanted to know, was all.

<style>
.Ink-table1-charname {font-family:impact, georgia, serif; color:#B5ADAD; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Ink-table1-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JyYqF.jpg); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.Ink-table1-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Ink-table1 {background-color:#7C7272; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:15px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>

[/html]
[html]
Also my coding is being dumb, but I can't figure out whats wrong. |:

The man was overall impressed with the new recruit. He didn’t let anything get passed him and was still courteous to his superior. Ezra smiled when he said his name. Ink. It was unusual (though at this point the male wasn’t quite sure what passed for normal these days) but he liked it. A strong name for a strong boy.

I’m Ezra Rosen, it’s nice to meet you, Ink, and he meant it. The boy still looked confused though and it wasn’t until he mentioned his form that the Hollr understood. I’ll admit, I am not a big fan of being on two legs, Ezra started carefully, wondering idly if Ink was one of those creatures who almost exclusively was upright. I like this form because I’m more comfortable, faster, a better hunter, He said warmly, looking at the pale man before him. Have you ever tried it? It takes a little getting used to, but I find it much better than canine or optime forms. The male wagged his tail, wondering where this young lad came from before he joined Vinatta.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

{217} NOPE! XD

INK.

Erza. The male explained that he preferred his large size and four legs over two and a small build. It only made sense that he'd remain in his secui form, then. When he asked if Ink had ever tried to grow accustomed to his own midway form, the boy shook his head. "Not really, no. Back where I grew up, it wasn't really a common form to shift into. Neither was Lupus, except for hunting. We were an optime group, through and through." He explained simply enough. The thought of changing into his secui form sent chills down his spine, and not the good kind. He didn't much like the way he looked in it, with black fur trailing down the back of his neck and knobby legs and easy-to-get-to ribs and belly. He felt vulnerable in it, though he'd never shifted and stayed that way before- it was just a mid-way point to Lupus or to Optime. An awkward feeling one.

"But to each their own. If you find it comfortable, that's your decision. I'll stick to my optime form, though." He smiled a goofy grin now. "I bet you could take down a deer, easy, like that, though." He mused, tail waving behind him. "What sort of things do you hunt like that, Erza?"

<style>
</style>

[/html]