The Nomad Finds Family
It had been a long time since had left the collective. It felt like forever though in actuality it was just a lot in an amount of time. He had left his Nomad family and had gone off to find his brother X'ies the closest animal to him, more than anything else. X'ies had left to go find X'yrin, the one female that had left long ago in the pursuit to explore the world and bring back something to the Family. But then she never came back, provoking her brother X'yro to head out into the world and find her. Though X'uri knew better, X'ies would claim to go help X'yro find his sister and bring her back.

X'uri knew his ambition would lead him astray from that "mission".

And so X'uri would use the excuse to find his brother to leave the pack. He would set out on his own and travel out into the world to find his brother who seemingly just wanted to get away and leave everything. How could he forget about him? How could he forget how close they were? Because of this X'uri found it hard to make connections. It had been why he kept his real demeanor to himself. He refused to be vulnerable and make "true" friends because if his own flesh and blood could walk away and abandon him, who was to say others wouldn't do the same? Rather than sit around and do nothing though he would seek out his long lost kin.

His search had brought him first to a place called Freetown an area known for trade and commerce between different tribes. One could gather a wealth of information here if they wanted. Luckily, gathering information was the Lambda strength. He was intelligent and very attractive making quite desirable to many here in this town. The way he could speak would make others tell him what they knew. A smolder would get him anything he wanted. He had much power with the laws of attraction and wisdom. One female canine would speak of a tribe to the North, the Mountain Oromocto and the surrounding land would be the home of the shaggy unkept grey wolf, his brother X'ies Lambda. He was told to be cautious of trespassing because they would kill if they wanted.

So after a long arduous journey from Freetown, his path would arrive at this place. The land of Sangi'lak under the protection of the mountain Oromocto. He would trod up to the border of the territory marked with a unique scent. His owl feather danced among his long nomadic fur. His green eyes would pierce in the shadows of late afternoon settling in on the land. He wondered if his brother would truly be here and as he put one paw forward and howled. He could only hope that his brother would be there and that his journey would not be for naught.

"Aroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!"

[503 Words]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... mes_v2.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 335px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:0px; border-bottom-right-radius:0px; border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px;">

ooc: Form, Lupus. Mid-day.

There were always two rooks on the board for the one side. X'ies had assumed the role of one, and yet there was no other. He stared down at his make shift chess set and rolled his tongue. Curous as to who within the pack would take upon the other role. A howl split the silence of the moutains, sending birds flying into the air, but there was something about that howl which left X'ies feeling an all too familiar chill travelling up his spine. It had been the longest of times since he had heard that tone, and it never bade a good tiding. No sooner had the echo begun than X'ies jolted up and sprinted in the direction of the call.

He slowed as he approached the sound, and the scent confirmed it. Was this fate or merely coincidence? X'ies had beeen thinking lately about getting back in touch with his roots as a Lambda, of elminating the weakness that had inffected him. And here he was, his younger brother. X'Uri Lamba. The two were born only moments apart, yet he had been the younger and throughout their relationship it had always seemed like that. X'ies planned, schemed and plotted using intellect..his brother on the other hand....well if the two were taken aside and examined, besides their base coat colour the differences between the two would be almost so striking you wouldn't be able to tell they were related. Personality, approach, physical upkeep. All was different.

But the important part of this message was that they were indeed related. X'Uri may have taken a different approach to the Lambda philosophy than X'ies. However beneath their masks lay the same kind of cold blooded calculator. That same selfish voice. "...X'Uri....it has been some time brother". He spoke softly approaching slowly. His eyes, as always fogged out and distant. His intentions hidden from all. "...But I cannot say that it is an unpleasant sight....it is good to see you again".

[/html]
For a few minutes X'uri thought that perhaps his howl would come to deaf ears. He however was sure that his brother was here. Deduction and interrogating were his tools. And he certainly did know how to get information. His brother would be here no doubt. It would just be a matter of his reaction. Would he like the fact that he would be found?

Soon enough he would see his brother in his usual form with his unkept and wild look. Trying to seem like a feral or helpless animal when in reality he was a crafty ambitious and dangerous. He was far from hopeless, looks could be deceiving. Looks he tended to be the most desirable, like a pitcher plant luring in flies with it's aroma and then traps them within it's hold. Much like that he would have them enthralled under his spell and get whatever he needed and wanted just so they could keep him around. Best thing was, no one blames the seemingly innocent one and he was good with appearing like that.

"Hello dear dear Brother. Long way from home aren't we? I must admit that seeing your ugly mug is not unpleasant."

He would slowly approach his foggy eyed brother and gave a wolfish grin.

"So! Did you ever find the female from our village Brother?" This would be a polite and reasonable question if it were anyone else but a Lambda. With their wit they also learned to sting with words, and see the reactions. He knew full and well he didn't leave to find the female but he didn't know why he would be here either.
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... mes_v2.png); background-color:#000000; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 335px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; border-bottom-left-radius:0px; border-bottom-right-radius:0px; border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:0px; -moz-border-bottom-right-radius:0px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:10px;">

ooc: Form, Lupus. Mid-day.

Once the traditional greeting was over the situation grew slightly more tense as a game of wits ensued. In their times within the Nomads, X'ies had always been a cold, logical thinker. Socialy he was not as well graced as his brother, prefering to isolate himself in order to devise plans, using his disguise as a means of trickery, assumed innocence. Among other things. His brother knew him well, and his next words revealed more than he would have thought. They were designed to be as a snakes tongue, X'Uri knew full well that X'ies had left to persue his own ambitions, and yet...if it was not for an odd twist of fate, that arrow might have reached its target. "...Actually yes brother I have". He gestured over the ridge towards the main area of the pack.

"...She lies beyond and within, the Shepard of a new band.....I thought I would stick around after finding her...god knows that her clan would never have survived long without us.....the same I think is said for this new one...all body, no brains....".

He would think of course, dictating just what he should do next, rules said that he had to make a call to bring forth one of the Alphas. However he did not wish to speak to either of them at the moment. Still, he could not allow his brother to view him in this form of weakness, not now. So he let out a call for one of the alphas to come to the borders."...Perhaps we shall have a family gathering after all".

[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Some time had passed since the initial call went out, undoubtedly acknowledged by another nearer to the border. It could be said for the Issor that she was busy with her own duties, attempting to sort and refill the caches until the inquisitive nose of her pup demanded her attention elsewhere. What time spent was utilized to the fullest as well as incorporating enrichment for the little one. A game of chase while hurrying to take care of the stock, then another little game of 'hide-and-find' until the little one tuckered himself out and was ready for a nap.

By the time she brought him to her chambers to rest, another call was heard, this time with a more informative octave that pulled her ears toward the opening of the dens. The known octave formed a knot in her stomach and forced her to swallow uncomfortably. They hadn't spoken since that time by the fire and perhaps not enough time had passed for them to be civil, or at least for her to look upon him without something akin to hurt in her eyes. But the luxury of ignoring him was not hers, for it was the duty of the lead to head the calls of the Family.

When Zeus was secure, she trod out to receive the call, uttering one of her own to let it be known it was heard. Her form was always that of the most imposing garnished with the feathers and flora accompanied by her rank. Wild red tresses were bound against her nape for but a partial sect of her run until they came loose and trailed behind her in twin trains like the unshakable rivers of blood. Her nose tipped skyward and the scent of the family and something other graced her delicate sense and made her more alert of what she was coming to. The scent was too covered by the wild, but with a recognizable tinge that spoke subtly of her Lambda companion...though the connection was yet to be made. She approached with hackles raised in wary but asserted a step forward beyond the position of the mangy, grey male. She said something for the duration of her inspection, assuming her inquisitive with an invasive nose and sure steps as she rounded the unknown once then settled back on the side of X'ies, looking to him expectantly for his assessment and explanation.

401 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;
border-style: dashed;
-moz-border-radius:2px;
-webkit-border-radius:2px; }

.oocinfo {
width:250px;
margin:5px; }
</style>

[/html]
His brother had made some witty remarks of his own highly reminiscent of their time back with the Nomads. X'uri would inwardly grin at the fact his brother had hardly changed at all. Still his plotting and witty and logical older brother. He spoke of the female as all body and no brains. Well perhaps he could add his own brains into the mix if need be. He was like his brother, cold and calculating, everything was the same except their appearances and their approach to diplomacy and manipulation.

A howl was heard in response to his brother's call moments later. Then as expected, another of their kind would trod up the grassy and forested landscape. She was quite imposing and regal if not beautiful as well. She had feathers and flowers adorned throughout her red mane which resembled the colour of blood. She was looking highly intimidating and if X'uri was heavily intimidated he would be too. She looked like she had much to protect, that if he showed the slightest bit of trouble she would do more than kill him...she would destroy his very being. She was like a fearless goddess as she trod forward and studied his scent and well kept body.

His scent was decorated with the lovely scent of pine, he always sought out pine trees because often it was a lovely scent that drew in most animals and made them calm. Flora was also another scent he lightly scented himself with but not too much but also for the same reason: attraction. She would likely notice his lone owl feather, a resemblance to his brother, as the owl feather was the Nomad sign of wisdom. As she sat down next to his brother, expectant of an explanation X'uri would remain silent, thinking it would be wise to let his brother speak of his appearance here rather than himself.

Word Count:319
[html]

ooc: Form, Lupus. Sunrise.

X'yrin did arrive on scene but seemed to take her time in doing so. The two nomads had now a divide between themAnd while normally he was aware of her activities,since returning with Jaden he had pushed himself out of sync with her and other members. So much had changed that he still needed to fit into his game. She looked to him for answers on the appearance of the stranger ."This is X'uri Lambda our fellow nomad". His eyes briefly flickered to.the other "....and my brother". There would bee an allowed brief silence between the two, in truth he didn't have much of an idea why his brother was here. However there was a brief glimmer of hope that perhaps he would not be the only Lambda in the pack anymore.

But this was enough time spent with X'yrin, enough for now anyways. He would turn his back to them both and begin to walk off in the direction of the mountain sanctuary. He would stop briefly and turn his head towards his brother. " If you are here to join us, we have much to discuss....I will be in the mountain...head up the trail...you'll see it".

Word Count: 214.

[/html]
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

Regardless that the air between them was undeniably tense, X'yrin was in a sense relieved to see that their issues had not been acknowledged for the sake of tending to this wanderer. She remained silent with a soft smile on her muzzle as the male between them was announced....as a Nomad. Then visibly her features brightened but only in a flicker of life before they were doused with suspicion as they had been for the brother Lambda. A literal blood relation of the Family's current Lambda resident.

Still, X'yrin said nothing as X'ies dismissed himself rather gracelessly and instead let her attention fall on the Lambda male again. Many questions had roused with the announcement of his origin, but most were subdued for the sake of what was deemed important to answer. Beginning with a polite dip of her head, she announcement softly though lacked no pride in her telling.

"Goodday to you," she dipped her head politely. "I am X'yrin...Shepard of the Sangi'lak Nomads." she brought her tail high with her calling, using words that Nomad would surely understand if his origins were true. "It is always a pleasure to meet another of our vast Family...especially one that shares both family and blood of another. But I must ask what has brought you were. As I recall... one is not allowed to leave without a just cause..."

231 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
</style>

[/html]
X'uri found that his brother and this female would have a tense air between them which made his hairs stand on end with excitement. There was something he could read between the two of them. Something without mentioning. There had been some history between those two since X'ies had been here. The question was just what had gone on between them? Was it love? Was it lust? Or was it something else entirely? Ooh the possibilities were endless. Perhaps some use could come from this...no...he couldn't manipulate his own brother. Was he beginning to turn cold like him?

X'ies would dismiss himself bringing the attention to joining the pack. X'uri very much liked the sound of that idea but it seemed that there would be pleasantries first, which X'uri was happy to acquiesce to and was used to, unlike his brother. The female would address herself as X'yrin, the leader of the Sangi'lak Nomads. Nomadic just like his old family. She then asked him of his reasoning for coming here, a rather simple answer. The first time she would hear him talk she would notice his words were a much smoother tone than that of his brother's gruff and low voice. His exuded the essence of confidence in everything he did. An attractive and desirable trait. His honeyed words would soon reply to her question before lowering his lupine head before her presence of power.

"The answer to that question is rather easy Mi'lady. I simply sought out my Brother. He had gone missing for sometime and just as your brother sought out you and my brother accompanied him, I sought him out, for ties between litter mates are quite strong, wouldn't you say?" His bright eyes would meet hers with the utmost respect. Though he wondered what was so special about her to cause so many nomads to leave the Family, his Lambda skill allowed him to hide his questioning and belittling gaze perfectly. He would then continue speaking after letting his reasoning sit in the air for a moment. "Now, I am much interested in joining this Family...Sangi'lak underneath this glorious mountain. With my Brother, I now can say my mission is complete, but now he has found Family here, I wish to be with him."
[html]

ooc:

A testament to the bonds of family; one in name and also blood. It was enough to bring a smile to the woman's muzzle even if the air commanded a mood of authority and scrutiny. This she could achieve, but not at the expense of her kindness. Such a quality was not easily dismissed even during assessment. With gentle smile adorned, she nodded once in approval to her Nomad brethren then pulled herself forward by her powerful legs to stand to her fullest height.

"Most would not go as far as you have," she commented on his journey. "Shameful that we Nomads are renowned for out loyalty to each other...but so few would leave the collective to seek out a single member." Padding closer to the Lambda, she brought her muzzle to his crown and placed a gentle lick at the base of his ear. "I hope that loyalty can extend to others, but remain strong with your brother."

Again the Nomad Issor folded down her legs to sit before the male taking a more comfortable slouch in show of ease and familiarity. Whilst her eyes surveyed his form in assessment of his visible physical prowess, her words implied a different survey of him, conducted in a soft, melodious tune to match the smooth rhythm of his.

"Speaking of X'ies... in our collective, he was trained to assimilate the many practices of the Lambda specialty, not truly taking to one course and refining. While some outside our home might believe this inefficient, it has made him valuable to our reborn Nomad family. Becoming the hub of Lambda knowledge and ability. Their mindset, their practices. I must ask...are you this way as well?" Her head slipped to the left with a curious tilt. "Or were your refined to practice a certain skill? Diplomacy? Bartering? Infiltration? Interrogation?" The list of the Lambda skills utilizing the mind went on, but for the sake of letting him speak, she paused and instead let her eyes rest comfortably upon him.

337 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
</style>

[/html]
It seemed that X'yrin was quite happy with his answer but then she quickly moved onto the next order of business. His skills. She spoke of his brother having many mix of skill known to be in the Lambda house. However while his was a mix of many of their practices as was X'uri's. However while X'uri knew that X'ies was a master manipulator, X'uri was more of a master Infiltrator. Getting into people's lives and learning all he could and then later using it against them without them thinking it was him, pretending to be their best friend while secretly being their worst enemy. And if they even got on his trail, it was nothing a little sexual persuasion couldn't handle to make them vulnerable.

He quickly eyed her wondering if he could trust her but then quickly acclimated to the situation almost amazingly. "I'm same as him though while excellent at all Lambda skills my greatest strength lies in infiltrating. I get them close and vulnerable and then all then information pours out. It's extremely easy." He smiled politely at her sat respectfully with his tail pointed up in a dignified manner as he spoke. He was anxious to get to his brother but he would wait for inspection to be finished. Hopefully she would allow him into their clan. He was excited at the mere thought.
[html]

ooc:

Undoubtedly the words were meant to inspire impress for the skill the Lambda possessed, but to the Issor, they were a cause of concern. Infiltration was a skill with a double edge; effectively used against others but that same skill could be used against the Family. It was at this moment that the Exultare regretted not speaking with others within the mind molding family to gain a better sense of how they acted as a whole. While she as more inclined to take her childhood friend at his word on most things...but littermate was an entirely different matter.

She said nothing initially, simply eyed the grey male as he smiled sweetly and expectantly. Her own mask became that of scrutiny and quiet contemplation as she mulled over what was offered. Regardless of the threat his skill posed to the reborn Nomad family, he would be more useful against other pack's so long as his ear was kept on foreign ground.

With that expectation of him, she made her decision.

"I'm sure your skill will be very useful to your Family... provided you do not cling to blood over others." She raised her head. "However...same as any other, you will fulfill the expectations of our Family and earn your place among them. Nothing will be handed to you, but assistance will always be given if you need it. While your mind is sharp, your body must be as well. Even the weakest members of our Family have learned ways to utilize their physical skills effectively. The same will be expected of you.

"The Shepard you followed within the collective is no longer your leader. I am. Not a Lambda, but an Exultare. If you can abide by these expectations, then you may cross into these lands, rejoin your brother, and call Sangi'lak your home."

303 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
</style>

[/html]
Her expression changed as she thought over what he offered. He quickly saw that she was worried that his skill would be dangerous to her and her family. However she quickly forgot a very major Lambda skill practice...

Deception.

If he had wanted to manipulate the Family, why would he tell her his greatest skill? She would surely look out for it. No. He had no real plans to manipulate any one in his own Family. He had no desire really to cause any harm to anyone other than who he was told to. His primary concern was his brother, and his allegiance, without being manipulated himself. His whole reason for being here was Family. So why would he destroy the very foundation of the Nomad existence?

He longed to topple other tribes. He longed to manipulate others who weren't his own. He was perhaps less ambitious than his other brother even though he had stayed with the Lambdas a bit longer and was perhaps more skilled. Would his brother note this he wondered silently as X'yrin began to speak again. As she made her concern clear, and her decision made, X'uri would hope to calm her down with his persuasive demeanor, not to disarm her, but rather to calm her worries. Lambda's were good at calming a crowd.

"Dearest Shepard, please let it be known, if I wanted to blood over the others, I wouldn't tell the Issor of the pack my strongest skill. That would be an egregious error on my part. I tell you so that you may utilize those skills in the best way possible. I'm here for my brother and for Family. I would not easily betray the foundation of my purpose. Like in any Family, a bond of trust is a base. I trust you Exultare, I only hope that you may one day trust me."

With a bow to X'yrin, he had officially joined Sangi'lak, his new home. He quickly went forward to join his brother with his words undoubtedly in the mind of the Issor. How quickly he would acclimate to his new Family was based on how well he could be of use to the pack. He hoped to demonstrate those skills soon to his new Family.
[html]

Welcome to Sangi'lak!

Cast aside your title as Wanderer and embrace the name of Nomad.

Please rest your paws upon these lands and come to call it home. You have been welcomed into Sangi'lak as part of our Family and we hope to see you flourish within it. But first...

• As a Prospective member, you are encouraged to learn our CULTURE and bond with your fellow members to earn renown among them.
  • Be sure to read through the EXPECTATIONS to learn immediate ways you can earn your TROPHIES and ascend through the ranks.
  • And above all else, do your best to uphold the pack creed; "FAMILY ABOVE ALL ELSE". Do what you can for your fellow member and surely the aid will be returned to you in time.

If you or your character are having trouble acclimating to pack life, please don't hesitate to let the Leaders know and we will accommodate you to the best of our abilities.

Again, welcome to your new home! We are all excited to RP with you! So get your first thread up soon!!! Big Grin

[/html]