Can I kiss the pain?
Ooc: Almost forgot this thread!

Ic:

Adonia and Ookami weren't the same. He seemed to think everything was fine, she on the otherhand did not. She gave soft smiles and felt his touch but she had a guarded heart around him. Adonia was no longer in love with Ookami and it was beginning to come to her having to realize this. She deeply cared for the male and she didn't like seeing him get hurt, but she couldn't live a lie. She couldn't bring herself to warmly cuddle into him and love on him if she wasn't bubbling with joy. Yet, she felt wrong...should she end it? Adonia didn't know...she was all thought staring out into a stream as it trickled by. Rocks at the bottom making it rough and sometimes turbulent.

Her head rested in her paws as she watched various green leaves go downstream, sometimes fish pushing their way upstream. She was left in solitude while Ookami was familiarizing himself with the lands.
[html]

out of character stuffs

He was getting better. Tharin still wasn't as good as he wished to be, but he was able to limp short distances away from the den now. Saki was curled up fast asleep in the den he shared with Kiara and Lucia, leaving him with some freedom. The large wolf worked his way through, limping past the various claimed dens and away. Tharin considered going down to the meadow, a place he had grown to love, if not as much as Fayne did. He decided against it though, and turned another way.

He approached a stream, the bubbly sound catching his ear. Both of his ears twitched forwards, though there was little more than a stub that moved on the one side. He would have to be careful that he wasn't caught off guard on that side. Spotting Adonia his tail wagged behind him. It was always good to see her, and be able to talk with her. Usually it ended in rounds of play, something he wouldn't be able to divulge in this time. He could still talk with her though. Adonia! How are you?

<style type="text/css">
.tharee b {font-weight:bold; color:#341f06;}
.tharee p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
.tharee p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.tharee p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
She let the sound of the stream wash over her, trying to keep her mind clear of the negative and least pleasant thoughts that came through her. She knew a conversation with Ookami was inevitable, so she'd let her mind be consumed with the subject then. Until then, the stream was on her mind, it's bubbling and trickling noises washing away her worries. She closed her two toned eyes, inhaling and exhaling in a meditative manner. It was so relaxing, so calming. The worry on her muzzle fading away into a peaceful joy.

Her ears shot up at the mention of her name, the pawsteps coming closer. She didn't have to open her eyes to know who it was, the scent and voice alone told her that. A soft grin etched onto her muzzle and her head lifted while eyes opened. She looked over to him, turning her head to get a full clear view of the larger canine...as most males were. Her tail gave a gentle sway as she thought about his words. She wasn't going to tell him of the news. She didn't want anything to influence the male. "...oh, fine. And what happened to you?" Her soft sweet voice sang, trying to hide any sadness. She didn't want to bring him down, but he looked like someone tried to kill him. Her head tilted to one side as her mind was no longer on her problems, but solely on him.

The wolfdog stood, paws closing their distance as she let her nose sniff over him, inspecting him. Her black nose grazing gently over his fur detecting his injuries and making an assessment. "...how long ago did this all happen? Why am I in the dark about so much!?" She was again feeling bad, like she had at their meeting regarding Amy Sunders. She was in the dark, and only consumed by her personal problems...
[html]

out of character stuffs

A grin covered her features as her head turned, looking over at him. Pleased to see her Tharin's tail wagged, moving down the rest of the way. It was good to be able to talk to her. Pretty much the only thing he was really up to at the moment, but still nice. He sniffed back at Adonia, noting Ookami's scent was strong on her pelt. Good. He pushed away the slight worry over how Ookami was treating her as a mate, and focused on what she asked. I tired to take Amy on my own. Not the greatest idea. Young and stupid went well together.

He managed to keep from flinching, as it was healed enough to not hurt as badly as it had at the beginning. Over half a moon ago. I'm fine, though I've been removed from patrolling. A fact that still made him grumpy. No matter how correct they were about him being in no shape to patrol and keep strangers away he still wanted to help. Technically he was helping, watching Lucia and Saki. He wanted to do more though, and couldn't. You're not in the dark. I've just been embarrassed to go walking around as injured as I am. After all, he was the pack's gamma. What kind of impression did he give when he was so badly injured from doing something so foolish?

<style type="text/css">
.tharee {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#67501f; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EMzGi.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #341f06; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#9e8b56; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-top-right-radius:60px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Poor Adonia is so Diplomatic..

Word Count → 000

Her two toned gems watched him as he spoke of what caused the wounds, her nose withdrew from his body, giving him a respectable distance. "...obviously! Why didn't you call for aid when you saw her? You shouldn't try and be a hero when there is the alpha, and the other fighters in the pack..." She didn't want to sound like she was scolding him and did her best not to yell or sound angry or upset. She was just concerned. "...so...Amy really isn't nice..." Her ears went back as she turned away and spoke a hint of her concern about the dog she ran into..the one that gave her Theo. The dog didn't seem bad, she didn't do anything to hurt her, or wrong her. Amy kept her word to Adonia...maybe she should go in search for Amy...find her, talk to her, and find out what had happened..from her mouth itself.

She stood stretching her thin lean body out before she looked over to him sweetly, "..well at least I now know I'm not in the dark.." Her voice soft and as sweet as her smile...as usual with her. "...I'm just still in shock that she would cause herself this much trouble...I wouldn't put it past for her to hurt someone...she is a loner sort of..so, she needs to defend herself. The only experience I have with Amy is the trade we did...I got Theo, my bird from her...but I couldn't have pictured her going out of her way to terrorize without reason...she didn't come off like that.." Adonia spoke freely on her feelings toward Amy. She hoped it wouldn't upset Tharin, but she was upset inside about the whole thing. She couldn't harm another, so to have to attack, or seize someone wasn't in her nature, or personality. It was why she was trying to avoid the risk of contact with Amy..but now, now that she hurt Tharin, she needed to talk to her...hopefully reason with her....

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to effika

<style>
.adoniaaly-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/V36Sy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ca61a3; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 375px 0px; color:#262a0b; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.adoniaaly-2 b {color:#ceb5bc; }
.adoniaaly-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.adoniaaly-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.adoniaaly-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.adoniaaly-2 .wordcount {color:#262a0b; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #262a0b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin's ear went back as the scolding went on. It looked like he was going to be yelled at for his stupidity by every single member of the pack at this rate. It actually made him grin, thinking of that. I'm sorry. It won't happen again. Adonia's next words deeply surprised Tharin though. What? Has Shadow been talking with you? He had said that Amy wasn't a bad person either. How could this dog give off the impression of being nice to others, when the truth was otherwise?

He listened curiously as she spoke. Yes, loners were often aggressive, having to be so in order to survive on their own. Tharin got the distinct impression that it was her own choice to be so though. I don't believe I've met Theo. He stayed silent for a moment, considering the information Adonia had told him. It was presented in a way that he could actually follow along with, unlike the emotional ramblings Shadow had spoken with. The way she is...it's wrong. No natural wolf would do such a thing. Perhaps that's why she seemed that way. It was the only explanation he could provide.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 000

She was a little amused by his apology, obviously he'd had this drill too many times. Then he said something that confused her, ears perked and she remembered the name, it was familiar, "Shadow? No, I may have only met him once, but seen him around. Never really had too much of a conversation...if at all really..." If she had talked with this Shadow, it was months ago, before her heat or during..she couldn't remember.

Adonia didn't think too much on it, but when he mentioned he hadn't met Theo her eyes widened and she looked directly at him, "Really? Theo is always around me, always he been since he was a hatchling. He doesn't like anyone other than me, and he always lets them know it." Once she said that she realized he'd never gotten upset with Tharin. Of all the canines Theo never let Tharin know of his presence. Her ears swiveled back and she lifted her head high looking for Theo, and soon found him on a pine not too far away up at the top looking around surveying the perimeter around the pair. "...that is odd.." She lifted her muzzle to the sky and let out a short clipped howl and the bird looked right to her. The large golden eagle lowered himself then launched from the tree, his wings spread to full span and he dropped soaring right to them then landing just a few meters from them. He turned, wings still slightly spread then he tugged them. His predator stare fell upon Adonia in slight confusion for the call then he looked to Tharin as if what?

"I know you know Tharin...but I've also noticed that you've never talked to him...or gave him a hard time..." Theo looked to the male, then spoke in the high speech that Adonia taught him, "..yes, because he was the first I met...he makes you smile, and I trust him. I don't know Ookami, Moss...or the others...him I know, I trust..." His eyes then fell sternly on the wolfdog, "...anything else? Or was that it?" She sat eyes narrowed on the bird, "Don't be rude, Tharin didn't even know I had you...and I didn't realize this until just now.." The large bird came closer, coming to Adonia's side, "I didn't know I needed to let myself be known to him...hello...I'm Theo, Adonia's companion.."

<style>
.adoniaaly-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/V36Sy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ca61a3; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 375px 0px; color:#262a0b; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.adoniaaly-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.adoniaaly-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.adoniaaly-2 .wordcount {color:#262a0b; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #262a0b; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

So there was another side to this dog. A really confusing side that he didn't get. It wasn't just Shadow that had these sympathies. Strange. It didn't mean that his desire to kill Amy was lessened, it just meant that he no longer felt it as a blatant hatred. It was more like fighting a bear or a cat. A necessary thing to do in order to ensure security for his pack. Her eyes widened in surprise at his words, Tharin sitting there expectantly. He wasn't thinking too deeply about this really, just curious about having a bird. It must have been rather like the cat.

A bird that's always there and only likes Adonia. Tharin looked up to the sky, wondering if he would see a bird hovering above her there. Nope, nothing. A short howl from Adonia did produce movement in a tree, Tharin jumping back as a large predatory bird came swooping down. His hackles were raised as he studied the bird. That was Theo? Hearing the bird say that he trusted Tharin the wolf merely blinked, luckily adjusted to the idea of other animals talking by a cat.

Tharin. The bird clearly knew who Tharin was, though the male knew nothing about this bird. How long had the bird been observing him for? Yes, it was true that he made Adonia smile, but she was easy to make happy. He loved playing, and so did she. Simple. How it added up to trust from the bird he didn't have a clue. How long have you watched me for?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 000

Adonia glanced over to Tharin who seemed almost suspicious of the bird, perhaps even nervous. She let Theo take the spot light as he hopped up between the pair his eyes able to fixate on both before he turned his head to look at Tharin as he tried to introduce himself, even though Theos was well aware of who the larger wolf was. He let out a soft hiss, "I've known you since you first laid eyes on my wolf. When you and her almost--" Adonia quickly cut him off with a paw swipe and the bird moved away, wings coming out, "..what!?" Theo called out at her. He relaxed some realizing she didn't want him speaking of their almost mating. He calmed himself, tugging in his wings before looking from his slightly aggressive wolf to this male who was more involved with Adonia than even her supposed mate.

"I'm sorry for him, he doesn't understand manners, really...I've tried but it's a little lost on him..." Adonia softly apologized. Theo stood tall seeing nothing wrong with him. Secretly Adonia admired Theos' spunky outgoing attitude. It was more than she could muster.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

The great eagle drew himself up as Tharin stood there, doing his best to not be intimidated. It was just a talking bird. He could probably take it down. Of course, the talking was greatly intimidating for Tharin to deal with. He did his best, trying to not be unnerved and act like this was any other friend that he'd been introduced to. The slight hiss rose his hackles before he managed to push them down again, the bird's attention fully on him.

He was there when he almost mated with Adonia? Good thing he hadn't gone through with it. Being watched by the eagle in the midst of that act would not be something very comforting to learn about, especially with Adonia having a mate. The way that the bird spoke of Adonia was interesting, calling her 'my wolf'. He laughed softly at Adonia's apology. Better than the cat that I dealt with. I'm pretty sure he thought I was a fool for that conversation. His first talking animal.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 000

Theos looked to Adonia as she spoke of his manners, and he clacked his beak at her, "...I'm not rude, I'm honest..." He spoke with anger. However, Theos always seemed angry, it was just his personality. Adonia just sighed then looked back up as Tharin laughed a little then spoke. Her soft blues looking into his eyes for a moment ears back a little shy. "..a cat? A mountain lion?" She was worried for a moment, how did he converse with a mountain lion without it hurting him? Adonia never met a house cat, so, she didn't realized there were other cats out there.

Theos was no longer interested in being around the pair. He walked away, wings out, then once at a sure distance he began to flap giving him lift, then soaring up on a wind current. He moved a greater distance away, but at a height that still allowed him to keep an eye on Adonia. He cared more for that wolf than he could any other. No physical harm would come to her on his watch. Nor any emotional trauma he didn't think she could recover from.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin grinned, shaking his head. The bird reminded him a lot of Augustus, with all his briskness. Neither of them really meant to be mean to others, they just had a very black and white view of the world. Tharin's own view was rather straightforward, though it was more soft than the epsilon's. He hadn't experienced the harshness of the world in the same manner, his confrontation with Amy the only time he'd ever truly fought against another canine.

He looked back over to Adonia, stepping over and nuzzling her gently. No, not a mountain lion. He was small. And very smart. Tharin had liked hearing all the things the cat had known, even if he had felt completely stupid compared to the matter of fact way the cat addressed the world. His own were much more instinctual, acting on what was required of him more than anything else.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 000

A soft smile came over her when the kind pure wolf nuzzled into her, her tail gave a light wag and she listened intently. She returned his nuzzle, brushing her muzzle to his cheek softly. The contact kind, and not taken anymore than a mere kind gesture from the sweet canine. "A small cat? I've never seen another type of cat other than a mountain lion.." She then thought more on it, what did he mean by small, how small was this cat? He also mentioned smart. She would have thought that. Mountain Lions were quite smart, but were very feral creatures compared to the luperci, but Tharin wasn't a luperci nor had Ookami been a luperci until Jace. They didn't seem so feral in nature. So was she generalizing comparing Luperci to nonluperci animals? Adonia thought for a moment before asking more questions, "How small was he? And...what all did you two talk about?" Her ears were pushed forward with so much curiosity coming from her.

She remained seated, her head tilted just slightly while she listened to anything Tharin had said about his encounter.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Tharin nodded his head. A very small cat. He had initially thought of eating the cat, actually. It was small enough to make a good meal. His attention had been focused on Amy however, which is how he'd learned that animals other than canines could talk. Tharin's decision to not eat animals that talked back to him was based on that. It was just really weird, thinking that one of them could open their mouths and start talking back to him if he tried to eat it.

He was the size of a rabbit. He could say that with perfect confidence. How the cat hunted, what it ate, was another mystery. Why hadn't he asked it that? Probably because he was still puzzled over the fact that it was talking to him. We talked about tracking down Amy, and how the cat learned by exploring and books. The books part was a puzzle to him, not anything he understood. He certainly seemed to know a lot of different things. It had impressed him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the shortness.

Word Count → 000

A cat the size of a rabbit? That sounded quite interesting. Her blue eyes watched his expressions avoiding eye contact as much as possible, not wanting to disrespect his higher ranks. They talked about Amy Sunders, a female that Adonia now was so much more concerned with. Then her ears flicked back at what she heard next, "He learned through books? How did he do that if he was the size of a rabbit? Well...then again, there are smaller books, and books that aren't so heavy.." She looked down thinking about that imagining a miniature cougar reading through books. Adonia now wanted to meet this cat, "..do you know where this cat is? Could I meet him?" The wolfdog was more and more interested in learning about this cat now that he shared about it.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Adonia's ears flicked back as he spoke, trying to explain what the cat had told him. He hadn't actually understood everything the cat had said, but he did enjoy the conversation. When he wasn't feeling like he should melt into a puddle of nothing. Talking to something smaller and smarter than him had been a very unusual experience for him. While he accepted that others could talk now, Tharin was also aware that he was very, very ignorant and that his world was in fact a very small place to live in.

Tilting his head slight confusion showed in his eyes. I don't know. I don't know what a book is. Again, a feeling of being foolish rumbled through him. Adonia knew what a book was, the cat was gaining knowledge from it, and he hadn't even known that such things existed. He knew that it wasn't something to eat, and he was fairly sure that books weren't alive, but that was the extent of it. Maybe books were alive, a title given to great wise animals that shared knowledge. Was the cat a book then?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 000

Adonia had tried to picture a rabbit sized cougar opening a book and reading. Oh, it was the cutest and funniest image to ever ponder in her mind. Then her ears flicked to Tharin as he spoke of not knowing what a book was. Her ears pressed forward in utter interest. Tharin was surrounded by luperci and not one introduced him to a book? Adonia stood up, this wasn't going to do. "..c'mon...I have a den I made temporarily awhile ago...I have a book and a few other things there too..I'll show you what a book is..." She began to trot as if on a serious mission. Well to her it was. Tharin would no longer be in the dark about things like books and sketches. She had a childhood favorite and she also had a car manuel from when she was in Halifax. She had been going through it, along with her sketchbook, and a book on birds in there.

It was a den of her personal possessions, so she didn't crowd the pack den. Coming up to the den she peered inside then went in, "C'mon in.." She then picked up the hardback book of birds. Both prey and predator birds. She laid down and placed it in front of her, "This is one type of book. It is considered an encyclopedia, it contains information on various species of birds like their breeding, eating, behavior, and sleeping habits. Other encyclopedias hold information on words, human things, canines (like us) and even about stars." She opened the book and with her nose letting him see the inside of it. The pictures inside were of various types of birds. They all were unique in their own way, habits and looks.

<style>

</style>
[/html]
[html]

out of character stuffs

Adonia stood back up, determination suddenly in her eyes. His hackles raised at her sudden insistence, not caring for her dominant behavior. He was the higher ranked member after all. His tail raised, looking at her, waiting for her to return to her previously submissive behavior. Insulted by her assumption that he would follow Tharin kept a good pace behind, out of the den with a sharp glare. He would force her to submit if he needed to. His instincts insisted that she was being disrespectful, and had to behave better.

He glanced at the funny wooden object she dropped down. It smelled odd. He studied the various bird pictures briefly, eyes wide with wonder before his hardened gaze returned to Adonia, a small growl escaping. Adonia... The information was valuable, and he appreciated her sharing. She did not have to share this in such a forceful manner however, and it angered him to think that she thought she could act in such a way without consequence.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 000

It wasn't until she glanced up did she notice Tharin was upset. Adonia had completely let herself open, she let her inner personality show and without thought disrespected Tharin. It wasn't on purpose by any means. She had just relaxed and became the wolf she truly was. Humanized. Her language wasn't wolf, it was dog, and now that she had shown him just what she wanted to she was back on earth, in New Dawn with a higher up in front of her.

Adonia was frozen, ears perked and standing tall. Her tail was down though, as always. It never went above half mass. Her ears went back and she wasn't sure what he was going to do, but whatever it was she knew she couldn't just let it happen--if it caused pain.

<style>
.adoniaaly-1 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/a2cTX.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#7ca336; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 350px 0px; color:#9fcd4d; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.adoniaaly-1 b {color:#d8eebb; }
.adoniaaly-1 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.adoniaaly-1 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.adoniaaly-1 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
.adoniaaly-1 .wordcount {color:#9fcd4d; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #9fcd4d; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
[html]

small hint: whines and licks will go a long way to relaxing him

Adonia froze, the smaller hybrid facing up against the large wolf. His posture remained firm, waiting for her to submit and have things return to how they were supposed to be. Her ears went back, but that wasn't enough. She hadn't apologized for her mistake. Rumbling he stepped forwards, careful not to wreck the book that he had been shown. He really did like the pictures, and would love to pause to admire them. Right now the natural order had been disrupted, and he would place it back how it was meant to be.

Reaching her side Tharin puffed out, chest wide as he lifted his head, placing it over her body. She was beneath him. That was the most important thing for her to acknowledge. She was a subordinate, he was a gamma. Anyone that challenged that would be put back in their place. That's how life was for him. He didn't know that two legged wolves might see this differently, that they didn't feel the hierarchy as strongly as he did. For him, without it the pack ceased to function.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]