I say don't stay
[html]

Leaving the date fairly ambiguous. Set in Muskegeon, MI, in the packland of Rugged Plateau. It's almost but not quite a AU, where Demons are very real, and do possess a certain bloodline in specific.

He missed his mate more and more. And the pups. It was harder than he thought, to find the dark male, and he hadn't had time alone with the shadow warrior, Zariah to enlist her help. He knew he would need it, to fully banish the demon. It was different here, scarier. The shadows that spoke to him seemed more ephermal, and yet the compulsion was still there to destroy Azza.

Liam took out a pencil, and the last sheet of paper. He had unloaded the bags from Ahuli, storing them in a shoreline cavern that he lived in. He sat down as he wrote the only letter he'd be able to send his mate. His hands trembled, the effect obvious on his usually steady writing.

Dearest Ayasha-

It's strange here. I look at the sky, and now I'm seeing the same sky as you do, and yet I still feel so very distant. I wonder often about you, about Bridget and D'ryn. If you are safe, if you are healthy. Because really, I would have no way of knowing. I never thought it would be this hard to be separated. I never expected to feel so deeply for anyone, really. I miss you so much, at night I'm cold because you aren't here to warm me.

I met someone. Not like you're expecting to hear, though. Taliesin always told me that my mother was dead. I met a woman, Kira Rheams. My mother. She was as strange woman, and yet she understood me better than I did myself. I'm not sure how I feel about her. I just want to find Azza and get this over with. I didn't think to ask her about him. Perhaps I should.

I miss you more and more, Kiddo, and yet I dread the day I come home too. I've done bad things... the further away from you and the kids I am, the safer you are. But your love, it draws me like a moth to flame. I'll come home because of my love for you, even knowing that returning to Anathema will be my destruction. I love you and I miss you so much. Give the pups my love.

All my heart

Loverboy

He didn't want to fold the letter, but he did. He slipped it into the simple tack that the horse wore, tack that wouldn't impede his movement. He closed his eyes and muttered a prayer, though to whom he didn't know. "Go to Ayasha, to Anathema. Get there quickly and safely." He slapped the horse's rear, knowing how futile this was, how unlikely it was that that one horse would make it across thousands of hostile miles, that he'd sent his one last friend to his destruction, and yet he had done it anyway.

<style>
.liam-lightning .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.liam-lightning p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.liam-lightning b {color:#CBCACA; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.liam-lightning b:before { content: open-quote; }
.liam-lightning b:after { content: close-quote; }
.liam-lightning {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... htning.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
.liam-lightning .inner {margin:465px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]