Demons are Real
AU thread where Demons exist, and guess what? Amy is one

Amy stood in the center of the small market, eyes scanning around. She had a good trade to deal today. A merchant had given her some gorgeous mink furs, and she was ready to exchange them for a good meal and a warm place to sleep for the week. Of course, it would have to be a top quality place to stay at, not to mention a good meal available every morning. After all, this was good fur. The kind used in cloaks, beautiful in it's design. It could be turned into many fabulous things to be used.

Spotting a likely candidate she smiled, sharp fangs flashing for a moment as she strode across. She didn't bother taking notice of those around her. They got out of her way, or were pushed out of the way. The complaints went unnoticed, as involved as she was with her task. It was a simple trade, really, but she didn't want anything more at the moment. Just something to enjoy. A chance to be lazy and lay back with everything that was happening.
Shadow found himself at the trade fair looking at all the wears wondering if anyone had any good weapons or anything he could use to wear as extra protection. He sniffed the air and he moved like a ghost through the groups, not touching a person or making a sound not that it would matter given the sounds being made but old habits die hard, they always do.

His eyes scanned the crowded area and he spotted the shimmer of a nice pair of daggers and he walked over and greeted the man with a smile and a nod. At first the man was afraid given shadows size but his nod and smile was enough to disarm him what was odd however was a feeling on the back of his neck...a feeling like not everything was right as if he was not the only hunter there.
Amy spoke with the merchant, sharp eyes flashing. Interested in earning some pelts? Her words were smooth, a slight malicious edge to it. The merchant looked around, finding that everyone who'd had good sense had cleared out of the area. Drawing himself up he met his eyes, not wanting to deal with someone so vicious. No I'm not. Amy cocked her head, considering his words briefly. No? It's good mink. The merchant looked confused for a second, trying to decide what to do.

Luckily for him something caught Amy's attention. Something more interesting than a simple merchant. Her eyes fixed on the killer, a soft smile on her lips. Turning she left the merchant behind, not caring for the dirty looks shot in her direction. In this form she was just another canine, after all, her true self hidden beneath her skin. Her eyes dropped down to the daggers, holding out her hand. As if hypnotized he dropped them into her palm. Gently she twirled them around before turning to face the black wolf. Good choice. They're well balanced.
Shadow looked to the random woman who had come out of no where and he watched as the merchant he was talking to who was about to hand him the daggers handed them instead to the woman. He watched as she skillfully handled them and then he looked to her eyes and back to the daggers and he smiled lightly
" Yes they are......not even a gram heavy on the back and i was going to buy them....if you would be so kind as to give them back of course." He looked her over and that feeling of not being the hunter but the prey was strong, why was that, no one ever made him feel like he had to worry not even when against a group but here he was looking to a woman and feeling a tinge of fear, he would not show it of course but it was there regardless.
The black wolf turned, studying her. Interesting. Few chose to hold her gaze, instinctively sensing that she was dangerous. This one was dangerous as well, the sharp tangy air of a predator around him. Most canines were capable hunters, but it was different to be in a group of them and find one that lived for the hunt. There was something slightly off about him, something that would take some deeper digging to figure out. Smiling she held out the daggers, waiting to see if he would actually take them from her.

Was that fear, hidden in his eyes? Delicious. He was trying to be bold, face up to her, a trait she saw in few. Even when they didn't recognize her for what she was, others did not wish to deal with her. Mainly because her malicious nature was not something she could disguise. Disgust, hate, fear was all common. Still being willing to deal with her through all that? Not so much. Go ahead. Would he reach out? Or would his fear be too much? The merchant had disappeared, leaving the daggers with the pair.
Shadow looked down to the daggers and that scent, that feeling seemed only to grow and that look she was giving him, what was that, curiosity? He took his hand and he reached for the dagger not bothering with the warnings. He grassed the hilts of both of them and he pulled them away and spun thim much like she did and then he slid them into sheath's that he purchased before the daggers, something he knew would hold them well and his waist near the back to he could reach for them and pull them out back handed as was the style he was good at.

After they were safe and in his possession he looked the woman over in a studying type of way and then he nodded lightly" Pleasure meeting you..." He looked to her eyes and then he worked on making his way out of the packed area and to the safety of trees and darkness so that he may find a place to stay for the night and so that he could get some distance from who ever that was.

He slowly started to walk, not showing fear or any kind of rushing on his part, he merely took his time and thought about the best place to stay for that night such was the way of a loner. Always having to think of the next meal, the next kill, the next place to stay for the night.
Her lips curled into a smile. This one was bold. Not only did he take the daggers back, but he dared to mimic her movements, spinning the daggers along the same as she had. So he thought he was hot stuff in the weapons' department? She bit back laughter as he slid them into the sheaths they would be held in, tail swaying behind her. Once the weapons were secured he turned to her, mismatched eyes attempting to study and understand the female before him. Secure that he wouldn't be able to she flashed a smile at him, enjoying his reactions.

Pleasure to meet you as well. His might have been a general remark, but hers was honest, warmth in her speech. He turned and began to walk off, Amy watching him work his way through the crowd. Perhaps she should let him go. No, that would make it too easy. Stretching she moved after him, hips swaying gently as she thought about the fun she could have with this one. Perhaps she could drive him mad. Or rip his insides out. Oh, what fun!
Shadow acted as all was fine and then the very moment his fur his the shadows and the moment his fur was mixed in the shadows he took off and bolted like a man on a mission. He was being followed and he would need to find a spot where he had the advantage a place he knew well, somewhere he could fight and kill and remain but a ghost in the darkness. He moved fasted not holding back in the slightest and then he found it. There was an opening in the trees and there was a stone at it's center large and with words carved into it, probably a memorial of some kind but it would suit him well.

He moved and rubbed against the rock placing his scent on it and then he jumped leaving no marks and he moved behind a tree and he closed his eyes as he listened. All his training came alive and his heart went cold. She was after him and she was no normal woman. she had skill based on what he seen with the daggers and she was a hunter and something darker judging from the feeling he got. he never felt it on anyone, he had been around murderers and rapists and they never made his fur tingle or his skin crawl. He waited....ready....he needed to catch her by surprise, less it all be over.
Amy slipped into the woods, leaving the busy market behind. She had passed off the furs with a warning that if a single one was damaged she would take the poor merchant's pelt as a replacement. Perhaps not as terrifying as it could be, but well enough that Amy trusted she would be able to retrieve what she wanted. Easily she slipped through the woods, keeping pace with the black wolf. She let him stay ahead, wondering how he thought he would get away.

The dog's pace slowed as the clearing came into view. Now where had he gone? Sniffing the air she looked around, eying a rock that had his scent rubbed against it. No, not there. Slowly she began to circle the edge, brown eyes studying each shape. The scent of the male grew strong, with a mix of fear. Really? Behind a tree? A little dull, really. In a flash she darted over to his side, smiling up at him. Why do you run?
Shadows teeth bared only for a second as he stood tall and he looked down to her and he kept his calm composure even though his senses said to flee. He would never flee and there was excitement here, someing inside him wanting the challenge and he was heading the call of the warrior not the one that would flee. He smiled at her and he spoke smoothly" why do you chase?" His hand clawed at the bark lightly but he resisted reaching for his daggers and waited to see what this woman would do. She had far to easily gotten around his ruse and was way quicker than her body type would have allowed. He had seen how she dashed to his side and it was not normal, not in the slightest and the insight she had was unnatural as well. This was no normal woman he understood that now and this little game had been a test on his part to see her ability , she hsd proven aware and deadly and very malicious in her action and he movements both inviting and yet a trap was felt when just looking at her. Shadow would have to watch himself and hope this deadly woman didn't want him for warm less she try and take his very pelt off his back and he would most likely be alive during it.
White teeth flashed for a moment, a smile on Amy's lips as she stared at him. He was doing well, standing up to her and not fleeing. Especially since it seemed he realized there was something different about her. It wasn't that her disguise had worn thin. No one else had reacted to her in such a manner. Just him. And that held her attention like nothing else that he had done. Shrugging Amy moved slowly, circling around him. Not many run from me. I was curious to learn more about you.

His behavior was different. The scratch against the bark only amused her, the dog's own claws digging into a nearby tree and tearing off the bark, mimicking his actions. I must admit, this is rather unusual for me. Usually I wouldn't invest so much time in someone. You're different though. She wanted to know why. No, that was too weak to express what she was feeling. She needed to know why he was so different from the rest. What made him tick?
Shadow pushed away from the tree and stood tall not wanting to show weakness of a withdraw of any kind he needed to stay strong and confidant. He growled ever so lightly as he moved closer to her and then as he looked into her eyes he spoke gently and calmly not wavering in the slightest." Ask what you will and I'll tell you...it's the least I can do for someone so curious and it's only good manners as well."

Shadow watched her closely as she circled him like a cat would the mouse...like a hunter would it's prey and he stood tall and he took a deep breath as he gathered his wits about him. Should he attack first? Obviously she wasn't a "good" individual and that feeling of alarm and danger was high and could be tasted in the air. He didn't even think loudly so that his thoughts would remain his and no one else's. Shadow closed his eyes for a second digging deep looking for that killer...for that demon within himself as he hated this feeling of fear.

He should not feel this way, no, he should be the one circling her and having her wonder what would happen next. As he dug deep to focus his demons of whouch was more literal then he could have imagined, Shadow pushed from the tree and got out of the make shift circle she was creating and he started to move as well. Now they both were making a circle, one person of opposite ends of it and he watched her closely. His body language calmed and he felt more relaxed, the more angry he got the more focus and the more focus the less afraid of her he was becoming.

" So....why would you want to invest so much time in me...surely there is someone else more worthy of that honor..someone who could give you a run for your money?"
The black wolf pushed off the tree, walking right up to Amy. Shivers of delight ran through her, measuring his strength. He wasn't just a fighter. No, there was something more there. Staring into his eyes the demon saw his training, the lives that he had snuffed out with little effort. Grinning broadly she laughed. An assassin! That wasn't very common. He lacked the joy that she took in her kills, but it was still very talented. Perhaps with the right push he could learn to enjoy it.

The focus between them was sharp, her eyes glittering. Because you are like me. A killer. Lifting one hand she ran it down his chest, feeling the life inside it. You're not afraid of me like the others are. It's good that you're not. Such fear can kill you.
Shadow let her hand run down him and he bared histeeth lightly but for some reason liked her touched it felt like it was trying to awaken something darker within him and he spoke lightly" You know I am a killer...you are right. But I know something as well....I know that you are a killer and so much more....the feeling I get from you is not something any normal person has ever gotten out of me...killers, rapists, all maner of skum I have killed and slaughtered and yet none of them gave me any feeling of a predator...you have.."

He reached out and moved a strand of hair from her face as he smiled showing his fangs." So...if you were going to kill me you would have tried already....soo...other than your fasination in me...what else do you have planned...what do you want from me?" He lowered his hand as he stood very close to her and he looked down to her searching her eyes feeling that pang of evil and of something most deadly but he would not fear it, if anything it made him want to stand up to it, it was a challenge and he loved the thrill of a challenge and she was that thrill probably why her touch spoke to him so much. he let out a soft growl as he waited for the woman to talk to tell him of her plans and to let him know if he should be truly affraid or not.