Learn to Communicate
He had just spent the better part of an hour, hidden as deep in the woods as he could get while staying near Aro. This handicap that he had wasn't going to control his life. Making sure that he was alone Raoth attempted to speak. It was a hard effort, only odd noises escaping his throat. Raoth tried to alter them, to change them to make something, anything that could pass as a word. He just wanted to be able to talk again. To pass as normal. To not end up covered in blood and forced to wash it off in a stream because he couldn't lick the blood off his coat.

It was useless though. In the end he just sat in silence, staring off through the trees. If he could talk, what would he even say? It wasn't like he had anyone he really got along with. Perhaps Sidra would be willing to have a conversation with him. No, more likely they'd end up fighting. Maybe he could talk to Aro. Tell him that he didn't want to be a slave, and finally be able to walk away, no guilt. Unlikely. Raoth grinned, knowing that even if he could say that he wouldn't leave. He belonged here, and that was the end of that.
[html]

Out of character

Word Count → 000

Aro was in no mood to be around others, he sat with a book in his lap. The mother goose and rhymes book.. He had a wine in hand and took a long swig of it. He was not going to be a father...something went wrong with it...and now they were dead...buried... He drowned his sorrows in that bottle. He was drunk and drowning in his self-pity. The tuxedo man was just stuck, he hadn't even talked to Sidra since their argument...he was avoiding her, but knew he would need to see her soon. For now he wanted to cry, he was about to head to his home and just shut himself in for awhile. He took another large swig emptying the bottle as he open the cover. Eclipse hadn't even opened up the hard cover of the book. Inside Aro wrote a little message, and it made his throat tighten knowing that his offspring wasn't going to read it...nor that Eclipse got to read it.

Pups,

I may not always be there, however, here is a little reminder of me. I hope these rhymes and lullabies fill your puphood with many joys and fun. You're so precious to me, filling my life with joy that I wish to share. I can't wait to hold you, and spend my precious time with you. I hope you always be good for your mom, she is a sweet and kind woman. I know I leave you in good care, and a very good pack. 'Io ti amerò per sempre, i miei cuccioli!'

Amore,

Aro Marino

Aro held back his tears and swallowed down the lump. He was needing to tough it out for now. He looked up, and his glassy blue eyes found Roath. His book still held open. He blinked a few times and sniffed back trying to compose himself before speaking, "...hello..whatcha need there Raoth?" His ears perked and he gave a slightly forced smile, the drink making him feel a little numb, but he was still aware of himself and surroundings...even if impaired..

<style>
.arowolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5wuyr.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#ffd6ff; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; color:#877887; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arowolf b {color:#5b3a9c; text-shadow:#877887 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.arowolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.arowolf p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arowolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #5b3a9c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
The slim coyote came back out of the woods, watching his master. There was some drink in his hands, hopefully not the kind that would lead to the trippy sensation he'd experienced with Sidra. While Sidra and Aro both seemed to enjoy the experience, Raoth preferred having a clear head to think with. He watched Aro flip through the pages before finally turning and scribbling something on the paper. Curious he came forwards. This was something he knew. Amy had done some of this at times. Raoth had never been taught, but he recognized writing.

His eyes lit up, thinking about what he could do if he could write. He'd be able to communicate with others! More than just useless gestures! The sorrow in Aro's eyes as he noticed the coyote jolted Raoth. What was this? He felt pretty awkward, standing there wondering what to do with the emotion. Given the chance to focus on something else he came over, and pointed to the writing. He then pointed to himself, looking up with a hopeful gaze. Maybe Aro could show him how to do that.
[html]

He was reading not writing...but I'll over looks it Tongue

Word Count → 000

Aro looked to the writing as Raoth pointed it out, and then to the coyote as he pointed to himself. He gave a light smile, as he understood what the male was saying. He wanted to learn to write. This was something good, something that could distract him momentarily. "Well...I can do that. I can teach ya' to write if that's what you want!" He smiled a little brighter, corking the bottle and putting it away in one of the loops on his belt. "Now...let's find a good fresh leaf...as we don't have paper. I'll have to remember to get some next trip to Halifax.." He said with a light tone grabbing a leaf, then searching his pouch the graphite he had. "Here...we'll start with the basic abc's, kay?" He wrote down the Abc's in order. "See their shapes? Each one is distinct, " He went on explaining which letter was which, and how they were formed. "It's not going to be easy to learn how to write the english language, which most of Halifax speaks, but I do know that there is sign language, which is universal between languages...so perhaps I can learn some sign language, and in turn teach you...if that sounds good to you? I remember glancing through a book in Halifax a few days ago. There's quite a library down there.." He huffed a little with amusement at how they was such a large library, it was picked through though..

"Here, take this and try to make each letter below the ones I've made.." He handed the graphite to Raoth, "Have at it.." He said giving a warm smile.

<style>
.arowolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5wuyr.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#ffd6ff; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; color:#877887; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arowolf b {color:#5b3a9c; text-shadow:#877887 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.arowolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.arowolf p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arowolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #5b3a9c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
Aro smiled at his indications, Raoth's heart picking up with excitement. He understood! Being able to do this would be difficult, but he would finally be able to use words again instead of just gesturing around. Nodding he sat down, bright eyes following Aro as he shifted around. The bottle was put away thankfully, Raoth able to focus fully on the writing part. He listened as Aro described the workings of each letter, tail swaying eagerly behind him. It seemed simple enough, even if the letters didn't always match up with what he was used to.

Sign language? He growled a little at the challenge, taking the leaf. He could learn this just fine! He concentrated, working hard to trace the letters. One would think he was in the midst of battle instead of simply writing by the concentration on his features. The letters that came out were harsh and ugly, difficult to read. Raoth didn't have the patience to try and perfect them, simply moving on to the next letter, wanting to be able to write something out by the end of this lesson. Once he was done he held it out, orange eyes triumphant. He could do it! Wasn't that hard.
[html]<style type="text/css">
.arogreen b {font-weight:bold; color:#40492c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.arogreen p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 10px;margin:0px;}
.arogreen {width:400px;border:1px solid #2a520e;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... ow/aro.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:235px;background-color:#8fa45f;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#2a520e;}
</style>

ooc murr

He watched the male draw the letters from what drawings he already had. He was then handed the leaf. He inspected it, his tongue running along the roof of his mouth. The numbness of his tongue a welcomed feeling. It made him want more drink, but he ignored this feeling as he focused himself on teaching. "Good..now, lets work on words...we'll work on simple words like, 'me, you, I, yes, no, and, like, do not,' and the such...how's that sound?" Aro plucked down some more leafs and made himself comfortable on around their make shift table. "..Okay, this is how the word 'I' looks like.." he drew the letters. "..then when you write another word with it...to create a sentence...you need a small space in between...enough to differentiate the words..see?" He then wrote teh words 'do not'."Now, we have the incomplete sentence. I do not.." He pointed to each word. "...now lets complete this sentence.." He added to it..turning the sentence into 'I do not like.' "...now that sentence reads I do not like. Period..that dot right there symbolizes an ending to a sentence, understand? Am I going too fast?" He asked, eyes looking up from his leaf to Raoth.

There was a lot to this writing thing and he knew already that he was skipping a few things. He needed to explain each sound of the words, and how they work with one another..but perhaps with him already knowing speech he already knew how to form sentences, he just needed to know how to write them, punctuate, and use good grammar. However, I guess that wouldn't matter...most canines didn't study writing and reading like he did. He could read and write in both Italian and English.

[/html]
Simple words. Raoth felt rather like a child, and not in anyway he'd been treated before. Even as a youth he'd been rather independent in his nature. Actually having someone guide him along step by step was rather irritating. He wanted to prove that he could do it on his own, making him feel even more irritated, and respond even more childishly to the actions. Which only irritated him even more. Raoth was doing his best to not fume as Aro wrote out the words carefully. He really did want to be able to do this after all.

Shaking his head Raoth huffed. He could take it. He would learn. Grabbing the leaf he looked at the words, studying them closely before trying to write out a sentence. I do not like wetng. A proper sentence. He passed it back to Aro, feeling rather pleased with himself. The writing was sloppy and hard to read, but there it was. An actual sentence. One could not look down on him for that. He waited for Aro's approval, sure that the wolf would see that Raoth didn't need to be treated like a child.
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.arogreen {width:400px;border:1px solid #2a520e;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... ow/aro.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:235px;background-color:#8fa45f;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#2a520e;}
</style>

ooc murr

The Marino saw he was upseting Raoth. Maybe he wasn't going to fast for him. The coyote took the leaf and began to write. His handwriting was a little messy, but still legible...except the last word. Aro stared at it trying to figure out what he was trying to say. Writing...wetting? A hard line formed on his face then he looked to Raoth, "Well, good form, legible, but this last word...are you trying to say You do not like writing..or you do not like wetting?" He felt bad having to ask, then before the coyote could respond he began to write out both words, "Here..this is writing,he pointed to his word 'writing' and this is wetting." again pointing to the correlating word. "Now, you can see why I asked. Writing is spelled w-r--i-t-i-n-g while wetting is spelled w-e-t-t-i-n-g." Pointing to each word's letters as he spelled them.

"I can tell you really want to learn how to write quickly, but learning all the words to the english language is going to be hard, and frustrating. You're going to need a lot of patients. There are a lot of words. I think what I'm going to do is give you words and basically give you lessons to practice on your own. learning how to spell each one. Starting with the easier words and gradually working up to words like 'convenient' and 'outrageous' even words like dubious and pompous...both fun words.." He grinned and winked to the coyote.

[/html]
His master stared long and hard at the word before him, trying to interpret his writing. Raoth waited expectantly, used to Aro understanding him perfectly. How he was able to guess his gestures so well he wasn't sure, but it was good to experience for him. The puzzled expression sent Raoth's ears backs. He didn't get it? The question asked surprised Raoth. It wasn't either of those words! He was trying to say waiting. The compliment on his form went right over his head, focused on the fact that once again he was blocked at trying to speak.

The slim coyote scowled, studying the words as Aro spoke. They correlated, both looking like the word he had spelled, but neither was what he had been trying to say. Well, perhaps it was for the best. No need for Aro to know how impatient he was feeling. Told he would need patience Raoth sighed, sinking down. Somehow Aro had figured out that he was feeling impatient, even without him writing it down. Probably because of how easy it was to figure out what he was feeling. Nodding he listened, determined to not let anything stop him from learning. Not even himself. The wink surprised him, Raoth pulling back in surprise. The harsh features cleared up for a moment, his youth clear in that brief exchange before it disappeared once more.
</style>

We should has another thread where Raoth shares his sentences Big Grin Then they work on more learnings :3

The black and white Marino took a clean and clear leaf and wrote down several easy words. These were words that were commonly used, and he felt it was best to start with words they could put into sentences, or make sentences with. He start off with twenty-four words:

it, is, this, not, yes, I, can, out, in, the, you, put, for, do, no, me, fine, good, bad, wait, stop, stay, please, help,

He put them in a list order, then handed the leaf to Raoth. "Alright, here are a list of words I want you to practice with for a few days, try and figure them you, and make at least three sentences with them." It was a large task Aro asked of Raoth, but he wanted to give the man a few days to process the words, play with them, feel them out and then use them in his own way. Aro pointed to each one and told Raoth what the word was, and how it was used, giving the coyote examples of how it is put into a sentence. Then he gave a warm smile, "Now take your time with it, we went over a lot of information, and we've only started to cover all the simple words." He patted the coyote's back, "Now, enjoy your homework.." He chuckled warmly. "..now I'm going to go lay down..I've had a long few days my friend." Aro actually enjoyed teaching Raoth, it took his mind off of Eclipse and what had happened, but there was nothing more the Marino Knight needed than a good nights sleep..and put this nursery rhymes book away before the emotions resurfaced.

[/html]
OOC: yes!

Raoth watched as Aro proceeded to write down neat lettering, the words listed one after another. Silently he mouthed each letter that was stroked down, wondering how it connected together to make the words. There was a large list by the time Aro was done. He accepted the leaf, staring at it wonderingly. What was he to do with this? Expectant orange eyes looked back over to his master, large ears swiveled forwards to hear what he was supposed to do.

They flattened back a little, given his first true assignment beyond watching Buck when Aro went off and sparring with him. Raoth nodded his head, listening carefully as the words were explained one by one, doing his best to memorize them. He wanted to do this. Nodding his head Raoth watched Aro move to sleep. The coyote settled down close by to keep an eye on his master, and began to practice the words, one stroke at a time.