Moving on Joining
By now, Torok had had enough adventures and was ready to settle down in the pack his relative, Ismeme, was a member of. She had told him all about the pack and he felt he would fit in well. It wasn't his place to decide though. He called for Fraya and held his arm out for her when he heard the flapping of wings approaching. With her resting on his shoulder, he picked up his staff and the rope attached to the young colts neck as he led him to the border of Casa do Cavalieri. He had yet to give the colt a name and would hopefully find one suitable for the spirited foal. Once at the border, Torok suddenly became nervous. What if they didn't accept him because he was blind? He knew of packs who would turn him down in an instant or even kill him, assuming he was better off dead since he "couldn't care for himself or a pack." it was all nonsense though. Torok was perfectly capable of hunting and protecting others, he just got lost every once in a while.

He stood tall, forcing his fears into the back of his mind as he lifted his head and let out a howl, calling for someone to meet with him. Hopefully someone would come soon and maybe they would treat him as an equal, instead of taking pity on him. He would just have to wait and see.
A howl. Lovely. Normally, Sebastian would let the leaders handle it, but he felt like doing some of his own work today. He was chronically bored, and though this was good for Casa's food stocks, it was bad for his mind. Hunting didn't have the same appeal after doing so much of it. It was a lot of work, too. He could feed himself, sure, but his true talents lay elsewhere.

People. He was good with people, he knew that. Maybe he could become the pack's official greeter. Greeting all the newcomers, seeing how they were, giving them hugs if they were sad. All that jazz. Ambassador, too, maybe.

But for now, he could restrict himself to greeting potential members. Like the one who just howled.

Sebastian jogged over to where the howl had come from. Why was the Fort so far away from their borders? Still, it wasn't long before he arrived at the source, slowing down to a jog as the howler came into sight.

Damn. He was a big boy. Had to be nearly Jazper-sized, if not slightly skinnier. He had muscles, to be sure, but not the massive bulk that made up the Sole's body. Still decently beefy. Nice fur, too. Looked soft. Sebastian had always liked grey fur. It made him stand out more.

Sebastian quickly assessed the situation. Big guy. Had a stick. Only wore a loincloth- that was a definite plus. Had a bird. That was odd, but could be useful. Had a horse, too- that was a bit of a minus for Sebastian personally, but probably good for the pack. Even though they had far too many horses in his opinion. Damned things ate way too much.

Getting off topic. Stick, bird, loincloth, horse, big guy, grey fur, nice body... Weird eyes. Looked blind. Sebastian came to a halt a few metres in front of the wall of muscle, one hand on his hip as he looked the new specimen up and down.

"Salve, Messieur," he said warmly, taking his time in ogling this guy's body. No need to be especially secretive about it if he couldn't be seen, right? "I am Sebastian, Rispetto of Casa di Cavalieri. Is there something I can do for you?"
It wasn’t too terribly long before the sound of approaching footsteps reached Torok’s ears. He carried the same scent as Ismeme, confirming that he had indeed found the right pack. The man stood in front of him and Fraya offered Torok a description. By how she described him, he certainly was a handsome man. Why were there so many handsome men around? Torok couldn’t deny that he liked this little fact. Perhaps he could even find love again, probably not for quite some time but there was the possibility. Well, there was if any men were actually interested in other men.

The red, fox-like coat Fraya mentioned certainly sounded intriguing. It would definitely be a handsome look, if only he could see it himself. Torok’s ear twitched slightly when he heard the Italian dialect. Something he was very familiar with. Salve, Il mio nome e’ Torok Haima. Piacere di conoscerla. Italian had always been his favorite language along with French, having learned from his relative. It was nice to meet another who spoke the language. I was hoping to join Casa di Cavalieri. Fraya noticed the man seemed to be taking his sweet time looking over Torok, more so than others had. Hearing this, Torok chuckled lightly before smiling in the direction Sebastian was standing. See anything you like? He was flirting a bit but once he said it, Torok couldn’t help but hope he didn’t offend Sebastian.
Oh, and the big brute knew Italian? Lovely. Another speaker of that glorious language running around Casa di Cavalieri. Well, Sebastian saw no harm in it. It could be fun to have a secret language to share, though with the number of speakers Sebastian was pretty sure that it would soon become common.

"Lovely to meet you too, Torok," he said warmly, his bottle-brush tail idly waving from side to side in a slow rhythm as he spoke. He hoped to join. Simple enough. At this rate, they'd be the tallest pack in the Americas. He was, what, the fifth man over eight feet tall? Not that Sebastian was complaining at all.

It was a little strange, the fact that Torok could not look directly in his eyes. Sebastian dealt with it. And Torok had somehow caught on to his oh-so-subtle looks, too. How? Could he communicate with the bird? Low speech was never something he could master.

"Indeed I do, handsome," he purred in a low drawl. "He's trying to join my pack right now." Sebastian crossed his arms over his chest and tilted his hips to one side.

"Jazper doesn't allow us to accept new members on looks alone, so I'm afraid I must ask- what can you contribute to the pack? I trust you can fully cope with your blindness?" No use beating around the bush on that one. Either he could function on his own with his blindness- likely, since he was here after all- but if he couldn't, Casa couldn't afford a dead weight. Torok looked anything but a dead weight, so Sebastian anticipated no problems there.
It seemed Sebastian was flirting right back with him, making Torok a little more comfortable. He smiled as Sebastian spoke, calling him handsome and flirting and whatnot. He wasn’t offended at all when his blindness was brought up. It was just another thing that made him who he was. Jazper is your Alpha correct? Ismeme spoke highly of him but never mentioned his position in the pack.

Torok wasn’t sure if Sebastian would be able to accept him into the pack if he was deemed worthy enough, or if Jazper himself would have to join them. He would find out sooner or later though. I have been blind since birth and since I was born into a pack of assassins, I was taught to rely on my other senses. I am more than capable to hunt for the pack and I am a strong fighter, even without my sight. I also know a bit about healing and herbs. I’m not a master by any means, but I know enough to be able to help others.
Sebastian grinned. And Ismeme knew this man too? Interesting. "Indeed he is, handsome. You'll know him when you see- well," he fumbled for a moment, forgetting Torok's blindness. Damn. How did he describe Jazper to someone who couldn't see? "He's a bit bigger than you, with a Scottish accent." It wouldn't do much good to describe his fur or tattoo, after all.

Blind since birth, fair enough. Capable of hunting and fighting. Healing and herbs. All well and good. What concerned him was the whole "assassin" bit. Another one. Hadley certainly wouldn't be happy with that.

"Very well," he rumbled, taking on a musing tone as he considered the handsome blind man that he had found. "I think we can offer you a place, but I believe Jazper or Alyssum will want to speak with you about your old pack eventually. Uno momento." Sebastian tilted his head back and howled, calling for someone to accept a new member into the pack.
[html]
(328) Hello there! :3

She had heard the first howl, and while she would have answered it as quickly as she could in a different situation. But, the fat grouse that sat before her ignored the call, and it was nearly begging to be killed. The thing lazily rose, and it seemed to contemplate flying. Before it could decided to spread its wings, an arrow implanted itself into him. It did even have time to trash. The Luna grinned as she picked up the limp bird and inspected it. Healthy plumage, plump meat, young. But, what impressed her the most was the clean shot. Straight through its breast and to its heart.

She tied it's feet and wings together and placed it in hr game bag, and boarded the horse, who stood not so far away. The mare huffed impatiently, knowing that the howl meant that someone was at the borders, which means that they would have to rush to get there. Antebellum took anything that would be an excuse to run. Alyssum allowed her to gallop to the perimeter, and when she supposed they were about ten minutes away, a second howl came, one specially for her or Jazper.

Antebellum needed no encouragement. They made it to the borders in seven minutes. She came to a stop besides Sebastian, giving the foxish male a nod and a smile, and she looked over the male that she assumed that wanted to join. "Greetings, sir. I am Alyssum, Luna of this pack." As she looked over him, she noted his blindness, but saw he was not was not lacking in the physically department. "I see that Sebastian already covered the bases with you." If Torok hadn't, the Rispetto would not have called for her. "What do you seek Casa di Cavalieri for?" While she assumed he was someone looking for membership, she played it safe and tried to act nonchalant, though she was definitely excited at the prospect of having someone joining Casa.

[/html]
It seemed Sebastian was becoming a little uncomfortable. Perhaps he was just unsure how he could describe Jazper to Torok, with him being blind. The Scottish accent certainly sounded interesting though. Torok had never met someone with an accent like that. Don’t worry handsome. Fraya here is my eyes. She can give me a description when I meet Jazper. Torok gave him a reassuring smile as he motioned to the golden eagle on his arm.

Hearing that the leaders would want to talk to him about his birth pack confused him for a moment until he realized how it probably sounded. I was trained to fight and use my other senses but I never killed anyone like most others did. I’m from the same pack as Ismeme. Those who didn’t follow their ways were killed or forced to run. I’m not a killer.

He nodded and waited with Sebastian for someone to come. When someone did come, Torok noted that it was a female and when she spoke, she introduced herself as the Luna. He wasn’t entirely sure what they all called themselves but he assumed that meant she was one of the leaders. Torok offered her a respectful bow before submitting to the woman. Hello Miss Alyssum, I’m Torok Haima. It is a pleasure to meet you. When she spoke of how Sebastian had already spoken with him, he nodded his head before answering her question. I have come to ask your permission to join your pack. Yes, I am blind but it does not hinder me in the slightest. Fraya here is my eyes but I can manage just fine without her as well. I am a skilled hunter and am a decent fighter. I know a bit about healing and medicine as well.
Oh, the blind man was calling him handsome. And his bird could talk. It was a pretty bird, all things considered. One that could talk, apparently. Sebastian shrugged his lean shoulders. "Very well with me. He has a tattoo of the sun over one eye and coal-black fur." He could mention Jazper's handsomeness at a later date, maybe.

The same pack as Ismeme? Well, wasn't that interesting. Hadley's mate was born amongst killers. The Italian knew that she hadn't told him. Sebastian filed away that information for later. Hadley had a reasonable fear of assassins and killers. Now it transpired that they had about four under the same roof. It did not do wonders for his sense of safety.

Alyssum showed up with reasonable speed, Torok immediately stating his piece. Not badly at all, it had to be said. Sebastian inspected his claws as the blind man spoke.

"He has also stated that he has been trained to kill by the same pack Ismeme was once part of, but has not taken a life," Sebastian stated bluntly. "Aside from- or perhaps, partly because- of that, I can see no reason why he should not be permitted to join."
[html]
I think one more round of posting will do, unless you want to close it right here. 8) Welcome to Casa!

She slipped off of the horse as the sightless man spoke, and had to refrain herself from nodding in acknowledge to what he said--he wouldn't be able to tell, with him and his condition. She suddenly began conscience of her movements and how they had no meaning, and verbally remarked, trying to work a smile into her words, "The skills that you listed are very remarkable; we can never have too many healers and hunters." She avoided mentioning his disability, though it was indeed impressive that he could state doing all of those things, considering his condition. The alphess did not doubt, but looked forward to prove his abilities.

She turned her head to glance at the foxish male, and had to raise a brow at what he said. Well, that was news, she guessed, to hear that Ismeme was once part of that kind of pack. But, it was merely intriguing, nothing more. "Most warriors are trained to kill, it is necessary." Her statement was kind, but terribly honest. She herself was not taught to just harm her enemies, she was taught to protect her's, at all costs. And she had done terrible things before to protect her allies. "If it comes down to it, I rather have Torok on my side than against it."

Her words were final, and she looked back at the man, and grinned. Maybe he could sense it, anyway. "Welcome to the pack, mister Haima. If you want, you are invited to stay at the courthouse in a spare room until you decide upon your sleeping quarters, if it be elsewhere."

[/html]

[html]
Welcome to Casa di Cavalieri!

Congratulations!

Here are some things that we suggest you take a look at, now that you've been accepted:

• Check out the Game to see how you can start collecting points for fun prizes!
  • Look at the Map and Territory Descriptions to see the various places your character can explore within the pack.
  • Look over the list of Co-Ranks that are available for you character to pursue once they reach the Famiglia rank.
  • Please read our Policies and IC Laws & Punishments so that you and your character can abide by Casa di Cavalieri's standards.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact Melissa or Aly and we will do whatever we can to help you! If you're ready to get to roleplaying right away, post in the Thread Requests forum or snag an Open Thread!

[/html]