fighting a winner's sky
[html]

OOC: okaaay...I am using my Dad's laptop, which has this weird bootcamp application thing...It's a macbook. Macbook = no right click button. So I could not grab my table :c SO. Once I get my own personal laptop, I shall use the table so so much, 'cuz it's cool like that. EPIC FAILNESS RIGHT HERE ; ;

IC:

The girl had barely considered herself fortunate by the way things seemed to be going, although having Zayden there seemed to be her link to staying sane, not falling into a phase of desperation to cure her guilt. Her purple-eyed companion always seemed intent on asking her why they were not finding themselve's a more permanent place. But her answer was always unsaid, her search for Lowry and Helena was becoming more desperate, more hurried and worrisome. How long would it be before Zayden would happen to notice her ways? The mask was always up, acting indifferent and as if she did not care. Soon, hopefully her siblings would show up. It was just eating away at her.

The mornings were always cold so early on, and for once the hybrid girl was glad for the company of her purple-eyed companion, tucking herself into his larger body was just so much help to keep the cold away. Waking up was easy, too easy. Her breath was taken from the chilliness until she prodded Zayden with her foot until he woke up. Sleepy-eyed, the coyote girl moved sluggishly over a couple of feet to start a fire. Zay watched her, a little starry-eyed at the sight of the sleepy coyote girl. Mornin' Ellie. He murmured, shuffling on his knees to be by her side. Hi. Just wanted to start us a fire, it's cold... Je nodded, rubbing her back comfortingly for a moment, standing up to grab some firewood. He was efficient, moving quickly around, gathering up the wood in his strong arms, placing it beside her legs as she flicked the lighter and attempted to light the flames. It's not working...Ouch! The tawny coyote dropped the lighter, after burning her thumb. Let me help you, El. Zayden swooped in, starting the fire. Hey, thanks. He just shrugged, and El proceeded to putting more wood on the fire. Zay went back to the blankets, watching her as she sat warming herself by the fire.

[/html]
[html]

Medusa strolled along, cloak floating ethereally behind her. The tattered silk was so light it had almost no weight and streamed behind her if she walked at any speed. It amused her to walk fast and then suddenly stop and see what the cloak would do. She particularly enjoyed when it flipped up over her head, when she abruptly took a step backwards after walking forward quickly. Quickly getting bored, the woman picked up a large stick from the ground and used it as a walking stick.

As she walked along with her new stick, she scented a faint trail of smoke and heard a low murmur of voices. She approached the smell and sound and found a pretty coyote girl with a black-furred coyote-man-thing. The Man was wrapped in blankets while the girl worked on creating a fire. The immediate impression was that he didn't care for her and hogged the warmth from her. With lifted brows, Medusa came closer and politely made a sound.

Is very cold, might for me to sit with you at fire, please? she asked in her best English, wanting to make a good impression for the very attractive girl in front of her. She completely ignored the man.

lol it's totally cool, man xD omg I accidentally closed the tab this was in but then Lazarus used remember and it was SUPER EFFECTIVE.

<style>
.medusasparklefog {background-image:url(http://i491.photobucket.com/albums/rr28 ... atable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#cbc1bf; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:320px 0px 5px 0px; color:#726463; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:1px solid #898287;}
.medusasparklefog b {color:#7a92ac; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#898287 1px 1px 2px;}
.medusasparklefog b:before {content:open-quote;}
.medusasparklefog b:after {content:close-quote;}
.medusasparklefog p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.medusasparklefog p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:center; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #7a92ac; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

MEDUSAAAA <3 yeah I forgot to mention I was running Windows 7 on a Mac
I SUCK

Word Count → 386

The fire began to warm the slender girl, pleasant as the little inferno licked the air by her body. Closing bright limes, Elody became the picture of quiet contentment. Thank Zayden for his usefulness. Where would she be now if not for his company? Likely functioning not as well, afraid of everything. Although annoying and too flamboyant for the Lykoi's tastes, he was useful and strong. He could maybe work for her, and hopefully soon she could break it to him her true mission. To find her siblings. Lowry and Helena did not set out towards the four corners, all had headed eastward. They couldn't be tooo far anyway. Crossing her long legs, the dark-haired coyote watched the flames, large ears occasionally swiveling to the sounds of birds and minor disturbances in the area.

The quiet was disturbed as a voice cut through, bringing the young female to glance up, apple green eyes wary for a second, then a little more trusting. It was a woman, lightly colored and slightly....exotic looking. There was no threat she could see, and her speech seemed sincere. Giving a small smile, Elody patted the ground next to her Yeah, autumn must be almost here. Getting really cold..Go right ahead.

Meanwhile, Zayden had popped his head out from the furs to see the stranger, watching curiously to see her next move. Elody kicked the coals around with a stick, having the fire flare up for the stranger and herself. Warmth gathered near her heels. Whatever she was doing was effective. She stole a glance at the woman sharing the fire, admiring and envying those curls that ringed her face. Her hair had always been trouble, messy and tangled most of the time, never the same after one day. Scars marred her face, lacking in disgust or fear, Elody wondered how the creme female had acquired them. Having a body free of scars, the Lykoi could associate them with experience, or wisdom in that matter, something she had yet to get into. The slim coyote wondered what to call this woman, by now names would be needed. Holding her hand out, the girl murmured softly Elody Lykoi. And he's Zayden-- Forgetting his name, the girl trailed off. Green eyes were swept to him for help, which he nodded and finished Zayden D'Lanri

Image courtesy of inadesign-stock@deviantART

<style>
.elodyknife .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.elodyknife p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.elodyknife b {color:#000000; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.elodyknife i {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:2px;}
.elodyknife {background-color:#494949; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/nuVMX.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#333333; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000;  border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#FFFFFF;}
.elodyknife .inner {margin:0px 10px 230px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#000000;}
.elodyknife .wordcount {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #000000; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

I would've replied to this after my thread with Itzal but it makes me laugh when he's all "You need to poooost D:"

The slender woman had offered Medusa a spot next to the fire and commented that autumn was coming. Not knowing what autumn was, the Serb nodded in agreement. It was cold and that was part of what the pretty coyote had said, so she could agree to it, even in part. She stirred the fire and it increased in height and warmth, pleasing Medusa. She smiled at the girl and sat down, holding her chilled hands to the flickering heat.

From somewhere Medusa could not see, due to her lack of an eye, the girl said her name and that of her... Companion. The Narrator chuckled darkly at her internal disdain of the man and she turned towards Elody and smiled. Taking the proffered hand delicately, she gave it a chaste kiss on the wrist and nodded her head. I am Medusa, Medusa of the Kathari clan in Serbia. She let go of Elody's hand and looked back towards the fire, then tilted her head and looked back at the pretty coyote.

Her eyes were beautiful, a bright green Medusa could bring herself to be jealous of. Her fur was a lovely combination of different russet hues -- a dark red opposite to the Serb's pale golden form, but one that was interesting to look at. She was also completely different from Ksenija, as well. The grey-silvered Russian woman was more and more distant since they had joined Anathema, a bitter disappointment to the emotion invested into their relationship.

She turned her focus towards Elody and smiled brightly. You are too pretty to be alone in dark brittle-burn forest, she said. Why you don't have pack home? she asked curiously. She realized belatedly that may have been rude, and added a hasty, You not have to answer that, if you not want.

<style type="text/css">
.med2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#f0e1e0; text-shadow:#3c1f1d 1px 1px 2px;}
.med2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.med2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#c8adac; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/nCjwG.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bd9c9a; padding:170px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#786060; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.med2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.med2cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.med2cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc

Word Count → 000

Elody didn't often mind the company of others if she knew that they could be trusted, after some run-ins with others that she thought not so great, a little caution was rightfully to be considered. But the one-eyed woman that was sharing her fire appeared to be of no immediate threat, or perhaps it was the coyote's biased belief that women were to be trusted more than the men. Either way, fear was held down easily and Elody was able to sit at her fire without worries. Every so often she would steal a look, admiring the appearance of the other and dreaming that it would be hers. Sure her own pelt provided enough useful camouflage for the fall and perhaps the summer, but in the winter she would be a red flag for whatever threat became before her. Size didn't prove adequate either, so short and skinny that anything would be capable of knocking the walnut hybrid over.

Her innocent lime eyes widened just the slightest when her offered hand was kissed, it was not offensive in any way, just not what Ellie was very used to. This Medusa was nice, polite. So far everything she had known so far in her travels was Zayden's over-sticky flirtatious ways, and some more dark perspectives on life by some she had encountered. Yawning from morning fatigue, her large ears tipped in the way of the creamy Serb, listening to her words. El did not know where she was in Nova Scotia, even the recently travelled Zay could not provide the answer to the location. Lifting a tawny colored shoulder in response, Elody replied quietly, hoping to be out of earshot of the midnight-furred boy. I'm looking for my brother and sister, he's helping me--but doesn't know. Zayden was watching, but apparently didn't hear the young Lykoi's words, more intent on finding out if Elody would flirt with the curly-haired woman. How'd you get here from Serbia? Her own travels were made on foot, a long ways from the more eastern province. Too bad she hadn't gone with her family. 

<style>
.erodythree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.erodythree p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.erodythree b {color:#919270; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.erodythree {background-color:#98bdac; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... nstock.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#224a4c; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:490px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; outline:1px solid #000000;  border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#ffffff;}
.erodythree .inner {margin:0px 10px 260px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none dotted dotted dotted; border-color:#000000;}
.erodythree .wordcount {color:#919270; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #000000; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
</style>[/html]