learn as if you were to live forever
[html]just one please Smile

The red pelted wolf moved softly though the wooded landscape. He had only just returned to the pack lands the day before, having ventured back to the south and Berwick to fetch the rest of his family. Knowing that it would take them time to travel and that his brother journeyed with his mother and Tayui, Oak had gone ahead and returned to Vinátta. As a new member he needed to learn the pack’s lands, to show his dedication and perhaps to return to see Cassia. The male hadn’t been away from her for so long since they had become friends, and though he had not search her company out yet just knowing that they resided in the same territory calmed his nerves.

Tore bay eyes look in the sites that nature had provided, the nook of a small valley or a large rock formation. He mapped them out in his mind, keeping the direction of north ever in his thoughts as he did so. The great lake was to his back, and he headed south. The pack’s border ran close to this left, and he checked and maintained the boundary as he wandered.

He found it to be an interesting place, and had not even ventured into the Sacred Grove as his curiosities desired. Nor had he taken a long look at the village or the barns and stables. Though he knew Lilin and had a friend in Cassia, and yet he still felt disconnected from the rest of the pack. Scouting the lands and growing used to them bonded him as a Vináttan.

[/html]
[html]

[395]
24.08.12 . 12pm . shoreline borders . optime form
hope you dont mind me joining! Big GrinD

Saul Chibi is by Requiem!

Now that the village hall was, for the most part finished and opened, there was a weight off of the Virdings mind. Of course, it wasn't a necessity that they build here. Jordheim was a big village and the clearing outside Saul and Lilin's home seemed to be large enough to hold the weight of the pack if there was ever a need to call them. But it hadn't felt right and Saul knew that sooner rather than later, fall would take over and the outside would become their enemy. To have a place, inside and sheltered, that they would be able to meet, celebrate if needed was an advantage Saul couldn't help but jump on. There were only a few finishing touches that needed to be completed- he knew he wanted to coat the entire building in more sap, but that would have to wait for a while.

For the most part however, the young father to be felt as though he was caught in a waiting game. Lilin, as well as Colibri for that matter, had passed the midway point in both of their pregnancies and the next few weeks were going to fly by fast. He wanted to make himself useful but often it seemed as though Lilin preferred him out of the way. So Saul had taken to completing small tasks around Vinátta that would keep him busy. Fixing up the fences at the stables, making sure they were all secure, replacing a bolt on one of the stable doors. The barns still needed work, but their strong metal frames and roofs had withstood the ravages of time and seemed happy enough to simply stand there.

Today, Saul had decided to loop around and check the shoreline borders. Since they were protected by the sea on that side, it was a border often overlooked. And the shore was always a good place to find hidden wonders, washed up at high tide. He was just emerging into the trees, shaking the sand off of his foot when the scent of a stranger caught his attention. The subtler undertones of Vinátta clung to the scent, which put the Virding at ease. Spotting the red male, Saul slowed his pace and called out softly. Good afternoon, stranger. His tone held friendly hints, his tail flickering back and forth as he waited for a response.

<style>
#artTXT {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#artTXT p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#artTXT u { text-decoration: underline; }
#artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]i'm glad you did!!

Oak turned at the voice of the male, meeting green eyes and a timber pattered pelt. There was nothing hard about the nameless wolf’s tone, and yet Oak’s body fell into a more submissive state. His ears turned slightly, to show his lack of assertiveness and he dipped his nose just as simply and softly as he spoke. Good day. He replied, smelling Lilin upon the male causing him to understand his position among Vinátta. This was her mate, as such things were easy to distinguish using scent, and thus the alpha of the territory. Oak had not been a loner for so long that he had lost the social habits of his kind.

I’m Oak. He added, closing the distance so that the higher male would not have to. Followers came to leaders, just as pups came to their mother. The red wolf paused at an appropriate distance; Lilin accepted my friend Cassia and myself not too long ago. I was just getting to know the borders. He had wondered what Saul would look like when Lilin had spoken his name the first day that Oak had arrived with Cassia, and as the male’s blue eyes glanced over Saul he felt comfortable in the other male’s presence. There was something easy going and calm about the two leaders. They were younger then the matriarchs of his last pack had been and Oak felt as if he could quickly relate to them.

[/html]
[html]

[328]
sorry for the wait sweety <33

The bright male turned and it seemed as though it was an immediate reaction that caused a more submissive posture to take the male over. Despite the months Saul had been in this position of alpha, it was sometimes still strange to see another shrink back, ears and tail lowered, eyes averted from him. He also understood that it was necessary- unlike New Dawn, they did not uphold the usual wolf traditions but they would never break away from instinctive dominant or submissive behaviour to one above or below. The greeting from the red male caused an involuntary nod from the Virding- it was indeed a good day. Lips quirking slightly up at his inward humour, Saul watched as the male took steps towards him.

He was pleased when the opposing male introduced himself, his face alighting in a grin. Lilin had told him of the pair that had joined recently, after admitting she'd been out to the borders to accept them in the first place. I'm Saul Stormbringer, Lilin's mate and co-leader. He offered with a crooked grin. It always gave him great pleasure to label himself as Lilin's mate, and likewise it gave him please to call her his. Oak continued and Saul nodded softly, another smile spreading across his lips. I'm glad both of you seem to have the same idea- I met Cassia not long ago doing the same thing. I'm grateful you both have an interest in the borders. He offered, his mind unwillingly throwing thoughts of those scents that he almost never found on the borders.

Are you enjoying yourself so far? He asked, enquiring not only after the border patrol but Vinátta in general. Temeraire had informed him not long ago that Ink was fitting in well and Saul was glad the boy had found a home in their forests. He hoped it would be similar with the new pair- he never wanted his members to feel uncomfortable in their lands.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
#artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]no worries!

Oak was right in his assumption, this was indeed the male belonging to Lilin and thus his alpha. Once Saul spoke again Oak’s nature softly changed back into his normal posture and forward ears. He had not found the alphess demanding submission and he saw that Saul was the same. They were comfortable in their high position without the ones below them needing to show their devotion through an averted gaze and in the lines of their ears and tails. It was how he had felt as a Dreamer, giving respect meant that he would be shown respect as well.

He was not surprised that Cassia had been found doing something similar, the two wolves always seemed to be on the same page. More often then not they would set out to do border sweeps separately, but then run into one another and finish the job together. It’s a basic task but beneficial. And with another pack so close, it is pertinent that we keep a close eye on the boarders. Oak returned, setting a hand on the axe that he wore. There was something about the northern pack that made him uneasy, and he had great interest in understanding them.

Yes. I only just returned, I went to tell my mother of the pack and she has agreed to come and join as well. So I wanted to get to know the lands. he explained.

[/html]
[html]

[336]
people need to start kicking me >>

He was pleased to see, that once he'd spoken, the red male relaxed into a more natural pose. He, of course, understood the need for dominance and submission, but both he and Lilin weren't big on enforcing social etiquette. As long as the pack knew how led it, who to ask permission from or anything else, the pair were more than happy to have a more relaxed attitude to things such as these. As Oak relaxed, so too did the Virding, looking back behind him before he settled down on a conveniently placed rock. Cinnamon backed ears twitched forward as Oak answered his own thanks, an easy and happy smile on his creamy muzzle. He found that he liked this male and thought perhaps they could become good friends. At his mention of Sangilak, Saul felt his nose wrinkle softly in irritation. They're meeting with Jaden and X'ies had gone badly.

I most definitely agree. We don't like them being so close, but they refused to move when we asked them. I don't think they really understood the need for space... He offered, lips pouting out in a scowl for a moment. It didn't last long however as his second question was answered. He was surprised to find the male had left for a while, but he supposed it made sense. He hadn't seen him around despite meeting Cassia who'd joined with him. He was surprised however when he mentioned his mother and her desire to join Vinátta. Your mother will be welcome in our forests. He spoke with a reassuring tone, his head bobbing once or twice in a nod.

Nice axe you have there... you know how to use it? He commented- he'd spotted the touch Oak had given the instrument not long ago and it had sparked his interest in what the male used it for. There was of course the traditional wood cutting occupation, but he may have been more of a warrior than a labourer, Saul wished to find out which.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]dont worry, im slow as well Smile

There was obvious tension in the Virding’s face when the near-by pack was mentioned. Oak grew curious, wishing to understand what the relationship was with the other pack. It would be pertinent information, and the male desired to do what he could to protect them against any hostiles. Indeed space was an important factor when is came to pack’s becoming allies; it gave a comfortable cushion that was needed even with friends. They all held onto an instinctual desire to protect their lands and the hunting grounds with in them, and with such a lack of comfort Oak predicted that tensions would grow even stronger.

I hope they learn the lesson on their own. My last pack had issues with their neighbors and I would not like to see that happen to us now. Oak replied as he thought about the war between AniWaya and Crimson Dreams. He made it a priority to keep an eye on the small speck of neutral lands that sat between them and the other pack, the russet male would try to patrol them soon.

The outpouring of hospitality was something that had wore away from Oak’s understanding while he was a lone wolf, but he was sure that at some point his surprise would leave him and gratitude would be all that was left. Thank you Saul, I believe she will love it here.

Oak took his hand from the weapon, and even looked down at it as the alpha spoke of it. He gave a nod, I do. And more then just for cutting timber. He paused as he thought of the one that had showed him how to fight, a smile came to him almost unexpectedly as he thought of his friend. Cassia actually taught me how to use it as a weapon, she is a very talented warrior. Much more experienced then I am. Oak had never wielded the blade against a true foe.

[/html]
[html]

[409]
<33

Oak seemed interested in what Saul had to say about Sangi'lak and Saul was glad that he had an interest at least. He'd known more than his fair share of pack mates that felt more than happy to contribute nothing to the pack and he was sad to see that Vinátta did not escape their share of those unwilling to help. He thought of Coli though, thinking herself useless to the pack. She couldn't hunt well and there was no way she was a protector, but she had invaluable uses that she didn't seem to see. Cinnamon backed ears flickered up as Oak spoke, feeling a nod bobbing his head before the male finished speaking. He wasn't aware of the males previous pack, but he was glad he wasn't just being paranoid. I hope to avoid conflict with them... but we won't be walked over either. As you say, let's hope they learn that lesson on their own.

He offered, tail swinging back and forth slightly. There was a bond forming between the pair- though this was the first meeting, it was clear the pair were similar in temperament, morals, outlook on life. Finding aspects of oneself in others sometimes ended in catastrophe, but when it was found in others who shared ones home, it more than likely ended in a great friendship. Something he hoped to achieve with Oak. His response caused a soft smile to echo on his lips. While Saul didn't have a mother, and had oddly never had a mother figure in his life despite have numerous father figures, he understood the need to protect and provide, but to also make them happy. I hope her journey here is scenic and uneventful. He chuckled softly, thinking of the various packs standing between Vinátta and Oak's mother.

At the Virdings question, Oak glanced down almost reflexively at his axe. It was an impressive weapon to say the least and Saul hoped the male knew what he was doing with it. He looked up and grinned as Oak proclaimed that he knew how to do more than just cut wood. Saul remained quiet as he continued, explaining that it had been Cassia who'd taught him how to use it, what a good warrior she was. He wasn't too surprised by this. We could definitely use a skilled warrior in Vinátta. I'm very glad you joined us, both of you. He offered, a grateful smile supporting his words.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html]

Black topped head nodded, the group would need to learn on its own that a true pack needed space to expand as it’s number did. It would be likely that the strangers would feel the tightening of the noose they had wrap around their own necks... And Oak would be there to defend his home if there was backlash from their neighbor’s mistake.

Oak found himself perfectly comfortable in the presence of the Virding, and such was odd since he was indeed and alpha and a new face for the tree-named male. In his time as a loner Oak had become a bit aloof, bonding and trusting only the small group that he had lived with. Lilin as well as Saul had helped him dismiss that attitude, and he was able to stand in the Vinátta lands as he had Crimson Dreams, with confidence and comfort. Once he learned the landscape there would be nothing that the russet man couldn’t accomplish.

I hope for that as well. The male often worried for the small group that was making their way north to the new pack lands. He and Cassia had skirted around many pack borders, making sure not to venture too close. Anu was wise though, and with Cypress and Tayui they all held enough experience to talk their way out of trouble if need be.

Cassia uses the sword, as well as a bow. She is a good teacher too. Oak added, smiling from the alpha’s compliment. He did not have much talent, or experience but he knew the basics and was confident wielding his axe. He had to be, when practicing with Cassia. She did not allow for hesitation, or he would find himself flat on his back with the wind knocked out of him.

[/html]
[html]

[280]
perhaps we could finish up soon? <33

His new friend returned words about his mothers journey from the south up here. While it had been easy to remain comfortable in their own journey up here- they'd been in a larger group and had managed to slip easily around whoever they might have come into contact with. Saul knew little about Oak's mother and the party they might be travelling in, but he still felt himself worrying over her safety. Still, he knew there was little he could do about it- they would arrive when they did and he could only hope that they turned up on Vinátta's border uninjured and unpursued.

They're conversation turned to Cassia and Saul focused once more. It was a prerequisite of any leader to know the strengths and weaknesses of all those in ones pack. He was glad that Cassia seemed to have many strengths and he felt a grin curling his lips. It was clear that the pair were skilled warriors, something Vinátta lacked aside from Fritz, who was gentle despite his training. Perhaps she would be willing to teach some of our younger members how to defend themselves. He suggested, on hearing that the female was a good teacher. He thought of Temeraire, who seemed far too hot headed to be good for him. Saul supposed it would grow out of him, but he also thought it would be beneficial to give him some training to learn to defend himself.

So where have you been in Vinátta so far? Perhaps I could help a little with mapping out this area? He offered, knowing these lands well and more than happy to help the red male with whatever he needed.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
</style>[/html]
[html] We can end here. Smile

Oak could see the earthen hued woman standing before a group of young wolves, giving instruction as she had done for Oak. He knew her past, and knew that she had had many skilled teachers and their knowledge would hopefully be passed to the youth of their new pack. I’m sure she would. Oak confirmed for the alpha. He wished to go and ask her now, to see how she was fairing in the new lands and if she was enjoying it as much as he was. Oak put the urges behind him though, focusing on his leader’s question and the task at hand.

Just the eastern borders. He replied. The male had not ventured too far nor wide as of yet. Instead he had ventured to one corner of the pack lands and begun to scout it southward. Saul had come upon him in just the beginnings of his roaming. I would appreciate that. Oak added with a smile. Blue eyes looked out into the direction that he had been heading in, and then glanced back at Saul. He pointed in the direction of south, and gave him a nod to signal he was ready to head out.

[/html]