Matters of commerce
[html]

Word Count → 693 :: Dated the 3rd of September

Almost a month had passed since Jace had attacked her and still Keldava’s hand was all but crippled. It was better now than it had been but that wasn’t saying much, the most she could really do with it was half curl the fingers into a crooked claw and doing so caused her great pain. Even when she wasn’t trying to move it her hand would occasionally spasm randomly, causing her great pain to the point where she had blacked out once or twice. Add to this the fact that her back still wasn’t completely healed – the wound itself had finally healed but the area was still scabby and extremely sore – and all in all, Keldava was a mess.

Her back pained her if she did anything much more strenuous than walking and her hand was useless at best and a ticking timb bomb at worst. Really Keldava should be staying well inside Arte’s borders but instead she found herself trecking through the forest between Arte and its neighbours Casa di Cavalieri, leather rope in her good hand guiding the horse trotting along behind her.

Keldava was on her way to Casa to try and trade for a sword. The idea itself was folly – Keldava’s dominant hand was the one injured in the attack and could barely hold a knife to cut food, never mind a sword – but still she was determined. Aside from the practicality of one walking the warrior rank path holding such a weapon Keldava’s want of a sword was also a way to try and force herself to believer that her hand would get better, that Tal’s exercises would work. A sword was an expensive item and would cost her a fair amount after all, there would be no point in buying one if she was never going to get use of her hand back. The logic was circular and heavily flawed but it seemed to work, and if nothing else Keldava could use the blade to retrain her hand once it was a bit better.

A change in the air signalled that Keldava was getting close to Casa, wafts of the border scent drifting down to her on the wind. There was likely somebody in Arte who could make her a sword but when Keldava had last been to Casa there had been weapons everywhere, and large ones as well like axes and oversized swords. Surely such a well armed place as Casa would have a skilled blacksmith to maintain the arms.

Seeing she was near her target Keldava slowed a bit, coming alongside the horse she had borrowed. Snowdrop was a gentle and obedient mare and had been good as gold on the trip despite Keldava’s inexperience when it came to dealing with horses. Coloured a light brown aside from a section of white at her rear end Snowdrop was an attractive looking horse, though much of her hide was currently covered with the goods Keldava had brought with her. With little skills other than her hunting – currently Keldava’s attempts at leatherwork were usually worth less than just the raw leather – Keldava had simply saved the supplies from hunting deer and was going to trade them raw. Bags of hardened fat, bundles of bones, rolls of fur and a small barrel containing dried meat all were strapped to Snowdrop’s back. Crowning the lot were three hides, tanned enough that they would serve as blankets or clothing but still containing the animals hair or fur. Two of them held the soft, short hair of a deer while a shorter but more luxurious one had been stripped from a cougar.

A quick perusal showed Keldava that all her goods were still strapped securely in place on Snowdrops back. Smiling she scratched the horse behind it’s ear, snowdrop replying by exhaling happily – an odd sound somewhat like a sigh to Keldava’s ears – and bumping her head gently into Keldava’s elbow.

Soon the border was upon them and Keldava brought Snowdrop to a halt with a few metres to spare. Sniffing to make sure she had the right pack Keldava then lifted up her head and howled, calling for a smith.

<style type="text/css">
.kelstreamip b {font-weight:bold; color:#9d1803; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.kelstreamip p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left;}
.kelstreamip p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.kelstreamip .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#9d1803; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.kelstreamip p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kelstreamip {width:100%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#0c0c03; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Yl4cV.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:400px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8e8e48; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-top-left-radius:150px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
text goes here

His arm throbbed, but nothing more. And still he worried for his own well being. With children on the way, one might have thought he'd be more occupied with preparation for them, but his own health selfishly took precedence. Either way, Tony supposed, it won't be for another few weeks, I'm free to think of myself until then. Pain plagued everywhere else in his body though. Every twist and movement pulled at the tight skin where small cuts still lay. Nothing enough to scar, but pain all the same. His ribs were battered and bruised painfully too, none broken or fractured, and his lungs still heaved heavily having been badly winded. But he was still up and on his feet. Something he was proud of.

Ear swivelled sudden at a call. One for a blacksmith. He wasn't one in rank, no, he'd yet to earn that. But he was one by personal trade, so off he went. He moved slowly, his mass and injuries bearing down on him. But as he was still fairly close by, he reached the borders soon enough. 'Y' called f' a smith?' he questioned with with a gruff sigh, tired from his short journey.

<style>
.irontony-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.irontony i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.irontony b {font-weight:bold; color:#cd1111; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #d7cb12; }
.irontony {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#34053b; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 0e1e08.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:330px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ffffff; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #34053b;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 312 :: OOC

Keldava had been looking forwards to the trade. Even if she couldn’t use it until her hand had healed a bit more getting something new was always nice, and was satisfying when she was trading for it with her own goods. Unfortunately now that somebody had actually answered her call her tongue seemed to have retreated back down her throat, leaving her stuttering and fidgeting as she tried to start talking.

The Casa member’s appearance didn’t help much either. She had some inkling that members of a warrior pack were likely to be large but this was just ridiculous! Standing at almost average height and fairly heavily muscled – both despite not being quite done growing yet – had meant that Keldava usually felt like she was decently sized, but next to the member that had come to greet her she felt like a small child again! The fact that he seemed injured somewhat calmed her down slightly; from the look of him she might not be able to fight him, but she could sure as hell run away from him if need be.

When the man evidently got tired of waiting for her to talk and asked if she had called Keldava stuttered for a few more seconds before managing to speak, ”I… I, er, yeah. I’m Keldava from Cercatori D’Arte. I was… I was wanting to trade. Umm, are you alright?” Keldava had never before been particularly nervous when talking to strangers but between Amy and Jace her confidence had taken several large hits in the past months and it was affecting her in ways she wasn’t expecting up until she suddenly broke out in nervous stutters, as now. For a moment Keldava wished that she had brought Devini along with her; the young kitten wouldn’t particularly be of any use here but her presence would have been calming to Keldava nonetheless.

<style type="text/css">
.kelstreamip b {font-weight:bold; color:#9d1803; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.kelstreamip .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#9d1803; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 2px;}
.kelstreamip {width:100%; margin:0 auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#0c0c03; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Yl4cV.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:400px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#8e8e48; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; border-top-left-radius:150px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC sup bitches? / +yo numbah!

Dull ochre eyes inspected the girl. Doggish and much smaller than him, though wasn't everyone. He himself wasn't as tall as his brother and father, but he could easily best them with his strength. The thick, curly shag mane than trailed down his back moved as he nodded slowly. Even with his broken arm smithing was easy enough,it wasn't as if he moved much while doing it and it wasn't as if he could feel anything with it. 'Wha' did y' wan'?' Tony questioned gruffly, but not unhappily. He was more than happy to get work done,it got things off of his mind well enough. 'An' if y' intend t' trade f' i' wha' d'y 'ave?'. Blankets and things for puppies were stuff he'd want. He doubted he'd be on very good standing by time they arrive with Neela, so perhaps gifts for them and the promise and proof he'd be there to help would be repayment enough.

He scoffed with a loud grunt when the Cercatori girl spoke. 'S' nuffin'...' he dismissed vaguely, 'I'd be more worried 'bout a lil' 'un lik' y'['b], he pointed out. Gesturing to her hand, [b]'Look like 'y bin thru hell y'self...' he smirked. It was a dull, lifeless twitch in his lips but a grin nonetheless. And a surprisingly gentle one at that.

<style type="text/css">
.libertytony b {font-weight:bold; color:#4c5366; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #637079; }
.libertytony p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.libertytony {margin:0 auto; width:450; background-color:#2b2620; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... dd760a.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bfc4c8; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ffffff; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ffffff; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.libertytony-border1 {width:500px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
#00+

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000 :: OOC

Keldava was started from her timid stupor at the smith’s barked question. ”A, a sword.” she stammered, trying to sort her thoughts out, ”A full length one, but sized for me. Not a really big one like you have but a… err” she wracked her brains, trying to remember the name for the type of sword she was wanting, read in one of Rin’s many books long ago. It didn’t help that Keldava could hardly read; she wasn’t even sure if she knew the name at all! “Bastard Sword, I think. Y’know, where you can use it with one hand or two hands?”

What she had to trade was an easier subject, she had spent a fair amount of time collecting everything and could list it off easy enough. ”Animal stuff and leathers. Got a few tanned hides, two deer an a cougar – cougars got some good fur on it, nice and warm an the deer’r soft. Got a fair amount of stripped leather as well and all the bones and teeth an stuff.” She patted the bundle of bones and bag of teeth attached to Snowdrop, ”An the fat an meat an stuff as well. Not counting the leatherwork about a months worth of hunting deer. Got some no-fur stuff as well. If you can figure out what use it is then yer better off than me but most of it looks pretty enough, could trade it on or use it for decoration.” Keldava had gotten some of her confidence back during the speech but as she stopped talking it fled her again, leaving her twiddling her fingers and hoping she had brought enough.

Keldava twitched unhappily when the smith mentioned her hand, ear dropping back against her head. She didn’t like discussing that topic even with close family, never mind a stranger, and even worse was that a stranger had noticed the crippled hand so quickly even though she was trying to hide it! The grin, seemingly an attempt to be friendly but misplaced considering the morbid topic, unnerved her but Keldava tried not to show it, nodding in response.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
short ;-;

Ochre eyes watched the timid girl stoically, nodding every so often in agreement to her words. 'S do'ble' he murmured softly, 'How tall 'a y'?' he asked. After all, sizing it would be easier with her measurements. Granted it would have been easier for her to stick around while he got it done but he supposed she wouldn't want to wait around in some foreign pack for a few days either way.

Tony nodded crossing his arms over his chest. 'Well. If y' need a sheath I can use somm'a tha' leather f' i'.... And if y' got those furs to spare, I go' kids on th' way tha'd benefit from tha'. He shifted his large weight to his other leg out of childish impatience (he still wasn't that grown up yet) he nodded, 'Yeah. Ah can get tha' done f' y'. Few days maybe though' he answered softly.

<style>
.irontony-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.irontony i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.irontony b {font-weight:bold; color:#cd1111; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #d7cb12; }
.irontony {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#34053b; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 0e1e08.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:330px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ffffff; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #34053b;}
</style>
[/html]