see our shadows dance and come to be
[html]

Derp, all of Maggie’s threads got closed during my absence so time to start a new one! All are welcome to join in Maggie’s playtime with the puppies!

In the blink of an eye, her babies were no longer helpless but growing children who were starting to grow personalities, as well as grow physically. Both the girls were becoming stubborn and headstrong, while Houston had become more courageous and daring. Each day Maggie looked at her children in wonder and delight. It had been difficult at first but the two new parents were finally beginning to get the hang of it.

In the cool august evening, Maggie sat on the small grassy area beside her residence with her and her three children. Houston was dead set on hunting the family of voles that lived in the area, but the girls didn’t seem to notice him over their fight over a stick. Florence tugged and tugged, growling playfully as she tried to rip the stick from her sister’s death grip. Eventually, the trig snapped and Florence went tumbling back from the force of her pull. The white girl immediately got up and pretended like it never happened.

Maggie had brought out a blanket but the pups had quickly moved off it. Maggie hadn’t left her house in weeks, she realized. The newly promoted tradesman fiddled with a loose strand from the dirty sheet beneath her while she zoned out. She wondered mildly what was going on with the pack, but she had chosen to stay well out if sight recently. She brushed away a leaf that had fallen onto her Mohawk as a cold wind gusted past her and the children. Before she knew it winter would be upon them. It was a thought the girl didn’t want to think about.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44e69; letter-spacing:1px; }
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
here have Ankh and Odessa~

It was truly amazing for Odessa to see how robust Ankh now was. No longer the tiny white bundle of fluff, he had grown more steady on his four oversized paws and chunky limbs as the days passed. The medic now considered this more of a curse than a blessing as it was more trouble to keep an eye on him. Long gone were the days where Odessa could work happily in her den with her son curled up on a mat, now he was bouncing around getting himself into everything. And with Imhotep on the trip to Freetown, Odessa was on her own. Of course Novak was there, but he had other chores.

Having finished her work, Odessa was free to venture out and of course, took Ankh with her. The pup moved quickly down the dirt paths, occasionally heading down the wrong one and bounding back up the path at the call of his name. Soon they came across others, Magnolia and her children. Ankh hadn't met any other children, and so remained beside his mother hesitantly as she approached her friend. 'They're getting big aren't they?' she commented softly, a warm smile on her face.

<style>
.superbirdie1 b {color:#fff;}
.superbirdie1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.superbirdie1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#59464D; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:80px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; -moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fIpaJ.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#CBBCC1; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Big Grin
(300)

Florence whined loudly that there was nothing to do. She had hit her head tumbling down in the grass and wanted no one else to be merry since she was in pain. The white girl whined as she paced literally around her mother in circles, wondering what to play with next. She looked at Jasper whinnying in his stall and Maggie didn’t even need her to ask before she gave her first-born a very deliberate shake of the head. Houston finally returned his attention to his family before laughing at Florence and biting her tail. Memphis started giggling and joined in on the attack. Needless to say, the gray-hawked puppy was not pleased with this arrangement. Her yips and screeches made Maggie’s ears hurt before the girl finally calmed down.

Maggie’s zoning out was ended by Odessa, who appeared out of nowhere. She looked at her friend happily, even gasping at her own tiny companion. Yes, yes they are, the Tradesman returned the friendly smile to her D’Angelo friend. And who is this handsome boy? Maggie looked to the other delightfully pale puppy among them. Would you like to play? That’s Florence, Maggie motioned to her eldest who was nursing a hurt tail. Her sister Memphis, the runt of the litter looked sheepish behind her dog-like brother. And this is Houston, and the brown dog wagged his tail happily before going over to Odessa’s boy to check him out.. he always was the most adventurous and friendly.

Maggie's attention was back on the boy's mother. Sit with me my dear, and tell me all about your summer, the silver girl patted the ground and the sheet besides her, wanting her friend to relax with her on one of the last truly beautiful summer days.

<style type="text/css">
.magnolia b {font-weight:bold; color:#a44e69; letter-spacing:1px; }
.magnolia .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.magnolia p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.magnolia {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#de9db3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2WOmP.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bc5880; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Big Grin

Ankh still looked around shakily, never having been in the presence of such tiny beings as himself. In actuality they were larger by age difference but still similar in size, enough to not cause harm by them playing together. Pumpkin eyes, the older pair, looked down to comfort the child in his un sureness. 'This is Ankh...' she said with a proud smile. 'Ankh D'Aabt'. The child yipped at the mention of his name, it was a high pitched, doggish sound, something full of pure delight. Coyote like ears swivelled as the other children were introduced, younger golden orange eyes pointed up at the other woman, following along with her words as his eyes fell on the other children. He stared up at his mother, silently questioning whether he was actually allowed to play with these strangers. Odessa nodded and the pup turn around to find the boy pup before him. Stepping back in surprise, his tailed flickered as he approached Houston, sniffing at him before yapping at him softly. Some kind of conversation.

Odessa's pumpkin eyes turned to Maggie as she sat down. 'Tiring...' she sighed. But enjoyable of course. But I've had very little time to get anything done with Ankh running around. Getting into everything, and I mean everything'[/b] she chuckled softly. 'But it's nice to have another D'Angelo around, nice to have a family...' she mused softly.

<style>
.superbirdie1 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.superbirdie1 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#59464D; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:80px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; -moz-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; -webkit-box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; box-shadow: 5px 5px 5px #5D5D5D; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/fIpaJ.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#CBBCC1; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html] <style type="text/css">
.mag-ooc {width:90%;font-family:arial;margin:0 auto;text-align:right;}
.magkids {background-color:#3D3D3D;border:8px solid #000; color:#cecece; width:90%;margin:0 auto}
.magkids .in {padding:10px}
.magkids .lyrics {padding:10px 0 20px 0; text-align:center}
.magkids .header {font-family:'Rye',cursive;font-size:3.5em;color:#E0E0E0;line-height:100%}
.magkids .subheader {font-family:arial;font-size:1.2em;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;color:#A8A8A8;line-height:150%;font-weight:none;letter-spacing:2px}
.magkids b {font-family:georgia}
.magkids .mg {color:#B8C7EE}
.magkids .hs {color:#CFE2CE}
.magkids .mp {color:#E8EAD0}
.magkids .fl {color:#BCA7A7}
.magkids p {text-indent:30px;margin:0; padding:0}
.magkids .no {margin-top:20px;text-indent:30px;}
</style>

Sorry for the delay.
No amount of coffee, no amount of crying
nothing else will do
No amount of whiskey, no amount of wine

The children all said various forms of hello to the boy as his mother introduced him. Florence yipped and went right back to attacking her siblings. As Odessa spoke Maggie nodded, and let out a small giggle when Odessa mentioned her tiredness. I hear you on that one, the tradesman said, looking at her pack mate fondly. Maggie had thought she was going to die of exhaustion after her children were born, but luckily she had managed to keep it together thanks to Denver.

The two boys yipped back and forth at each other, and Maggie was pretty sure Houston was trying to tell if the boy before him was real or not. Maggie’s children looked pretty doggish but she knew Ankh was unlike anything Houston had ever seen. Maggie giggled and wondered just would happen next. But at the mention of family, Maggie nodded wistfully and let out a great big smile. It was wonderful having a family, even if they were exhausting at first.

Whaaa are yew? Houston finally said bravely. Maggie’s face instantly flushed with embarrassment. Houston Mathis! His mother said loudly, breaking the friendly air momentarily. What did you mean by that? Maggie sighed, looking at her son. I haven’t explained to them that dogs and wolves can interbreed, they haven’t met many of their packmates and I don’t think he realizes dogs and wolves can look different. I’m sorry, he didn’t mean anything by it, Maggie said to Odessa, hoping she wouldn’t be offended at the little pup’s words.

[/html]
[html]
ooc things go here

Odessa smiled, then frowned softly, 'I was so scared...' she mused softly, her fingers leaving her lap to pet her son. 'I felt like such a failure. One out of three...' she lamented quietly. She was so proud of Ankh none the less, he'd progressed leaps and bounds since his birth and he'd grown a lot. Already Odessa assumed he'd surpass her height by far. Perhaps he'd be more like Imhotep.

Ankh's large, almost coyote like, ears twirled as Houston spoke loudly, louder than Ankh was prepared for. He leaped close towards his mother but watched Houston carefully, curiously. Odessa chuckled and petted her son again, 'Oh. It's fine!' she said, waving the idea away with one hand. 'I haven't explained it to Ankh yet either, though I don't think he'd be old enough to understand even the basics really'. Odessa smiled towards Houston, 'It's okay. He's a wolf dog' she explained gently.

<style>
</style>[/html]