Something Wicked
[html]
It seemed like an eternity there beneath him, even if it was only a few seconds. She hadn't given it time and her brain was already telling her that no one could hear her, even if she screamed the whole time, no one would come. Blue eyes shut tightly, forcing warm tears to stream down the sides of her face. She didn't know whether to fight or give up, but even in her confusion, she kept on kicking, kept on thrashing her arms and trying to force him away. If she could take out just one limb, hurt one just enough so that it would be useless, she might actually be able to overpower him.

What happened in those next few moments was like a blur. The door burst open but Rachias couldn't see past her brother. There was a strange scent there, one that almost seemed as if it were burning her nose, and it made the young woman open her eyes. In that instant Samael was torn away from her, jerked away by some angry, yelling creature. Rachias didn't take the time to try and see who it might have been, instead, she immediately rolled herself to her stomach, scrambling to the top of the stairs and away from the starting fray. She could hear each word spoken, each sickening thud as a body, she wasn't sure whose, smacked against something, and then it was suddenly quite.

She waited a few moment more before curiosity got the best of her, certainly Sam would have been back after her if he was still there, which meant that the stranger had run him off. Pulling her around, Rachias swung them over the top step, holding on to the railing as she began to scoot down them on her rear, using her feet as leverage to keep her movements as quiet as possible. She moved one at a time until the point that she was able to lean down far enough to see who was there, an odd looking cloaked figure, mask and all. That wasn't all though, he was injured. Scooting down a few more steps, clearing the top floor and only a few stairs away from the bottom, she leaned forward and spoke. "You're hurt."

That was obvious, of course, but Rachias was still in to much shock to think about common sense. "You saved me." She added on in quiet disbelief, shaking her head a moment, trying to regain her composure. "I think you need help." She wasn't sure what was wrong, but the way the he was holding himself couldn't be good. Finally, the chocolate and cream haired girl stretched her legs out to find her footing on the floor, pushing herself to stand and approach the stranger.
[/html]
[html]

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173 ... header.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#162022;">

sharksThe adrenaline began to fade away just as quickly as it had come, but it was then that the anger really set in. It was then that the full extent of what he had just interrupted settled in his mind, the fact that his brother had tried to rape his sister. The fact that another one of his brothers had broken his trust, even what little had been there to begin with. Andrezej, Gabriel, and now Samael. Three brothers from three different litters, each as crazy and antagonistic as the next. He wanted to hate all of them, but what he wanted more than that was for them to explain to him why. Why were they all the way they were? Why did it have to be this way? Why could he only keep discovering that nothing was what he had always believed it to be? Why was their family every bit as fucked up and wrong as everyone else had said they were?

sharksHe turned and took a step back when he heard her voice. It seemed funny somehow that she had turned out so beautiful. Had it really been so long since he'd seen her? The fire seemed like ages ago, and they had both grown up in those months in between. It wasn't something he had ever really wanted to happen, especially when he'd realized it was inevitable. Arkham was still angry, but he had nothing to take it out on now. I'm fine, he said quietly, though his voice was tight. Are you okay? He took another step back as she continued to approach.

[/html]
[html]
Rachias didn't know what to make of the stranger. The odd scent was coming from him, a burning sweet scent, and she couldn't pick up any sign of a normal scent because of it. That, along with the odd looking attire, assured her that he didn't want anyone to know who he was. However curious it was, however hard she might have tried to figure out just who the creature was or why he was taking such drastic measures to hide himself, those things didn't matter right then. He had rescued her from something that not even she had expected, a brave deed from an odd stranger, and now he was injured because of her.

"I am now." She answered quietly, ceasing her steps the moment that he stepped away. "Thank you." Blue eyes moved across his form then, frowning deeply before taking another few steps forward. "But I don't think you're as fine as you say." She wasn't an idiot, she wouldn't let him think that. It was obvious that he was injured. "You should come with me, back to Esper Hollow, so I can have someone fix you up." Her voice was quiet and sweet, unsure why he would hide that he was injured, though she supposed it might be because he was trying to hide himself.

"We've got some sick people there so there are a lot of others who are wandering around who know medical stuff." She tried to sound reassuring but she quickly realized that it might not be all that easy convincing him. "You can even keep your stuff on, just let someone take a look." She nodded her head then, adding a careful smile along with her words. "It's the least I could do to repay you."
[/html]
[html]

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173 ... header.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#162022;">

sharksFor a moment, he considered just dropping the disguise. He could trust her, couldn't he? Rachias did not smell like Inferni, though Samael's very recent scent still clung to her. Instead, he thought he could smell their father. If she was still with the clan, then would Samael have tried anything that stupid? Or did Gabriel's protection simply not extend beyond their childhood? Red eyes watched her from behind his mask as she stopped, guilt creeping up from behind his anger. He didn't want to lie to her -- what was the point? She had gone looking for his body; why should he be as cruel as to keep pretending that he was dead? But for some reason, he couldn't help but think that maybe it was better that she was already done mourning for him.

sharksThis is an old injury, he told her, Don't worry about me. Arkham looked away, You should probably go back to your pack though, in case the bastard comes back. He turned and started to walk away, Take care of yourself.

[/html]