Stand up, stand tall
Thana had a great night with Shadow and was happy to be able to spend time with the man she loved again. Everything just seemed so perfect and she had just joined New Dawn. Maybe things would keep going well for the obsidian woman.

Wandering around pack land with Anna right on her heel, Thana decided it would be a good idea to get some hunting done. Try to bring back some food for Shadow and the rest of the pack. Being a trained assassin, hunting had never been all that difficult for her. Most days, Thana would just help Anna perfect her own skills. Thana took her time walking around in lupus form before she would begin tracking down game, wondering if anyone else was around that would want to join the pair.
She had come out of her sulk after time with her son in the Artisian pack down south, and after having him follow her home. She knew she couldn't go back into hiding, though, she needed to stay active and stop grieving. Yes, her mate had abandoned her. Again. She couldn't be bitter about it. She needed to stay upbeat, she needed to keep positive. She needed-

Her stomach growled. Once again, she missed her bow, lost in the 2008 fire, back when Noah and Tal had been pups, when Willow hadn't even been a dream, let alone a twinkle in her eye. She needed to hunt.

She walked now, her slender body moving gracefully, except the ugly gait caused by her injury from Adelio that hadn't healed right. Who ever had said ‘Physician, heal yourself’ had been wrong. A healer couldn't do much for herself when she was in fear of her life and that of her child.

The Rhiannon matriarch stopped as she saw a form ahead. Her brow furrowed as she struggled to recognize the wolf. The color was right for Soran, but the shape wasn't. She stepped forward, in the line of sight for the other. "Hello, I'm Deuce Rhiannon. Who are you?" It wasn't rude, just curious.
Thana looked up when the sound of approaching footsteps reached her ears. A female with a pale coat stepped forward, introducing herself as Deuce. She asked for Thana’s name and didn’t seem to be acting rude but for some reason it still set her on edge for a moment. She quickly calmed down though, knowing that the woman before her was a pack member. Hello Deuce. I’m Thana Theos and this is my daughter Anna.

Anna stepped forward and nodded respectfully to the other woman before speaking. It’s nice to meet you Miss Rhiannon. Thana smiled to the woman, tilting her head to the side as she spoke. We were just about to go hunting. Would you like to join us Deuce?
A wistful smile quirked the corners of the snow hued matriarch's lips as the woman introduced herself and the pup, Anna. She missed having a pup, she missed having someone to take care of. The offer to hunt made the woman laugh. "That sounds like fun, but I'm afraid I'd only get in your way. I'm one of those rare wolves who simply is incapable of hunting, either alone or with others. I always manage to place my paw wrong and spook the prey, or go in for the kill too soon, or too late. So unless you want to teach an old wolf a new trick, I wish you both the best of luck."

Her eyes sparkled with laughter at her gentle quip against herself, though her mind was on a distant memory of leading an ill fated hunt where the Hymn had been wounded, leading to her demotion from hunter to scout. That had been long ago, in Syemv. She couldn't remember who had been alpha, if it had been Phasma or Akumu. She knew for sure it was after Rurik had left them. How old had she been then? Two or three then. Dierdre, her oldest daughter, had given her a bow shortly after that. Again, she found herself missing her bow.