New and old
Table by Sunny :3
[html]

Ulilohi was beginning to feel the steady rhythm of things again. First the addition of Claudius to the council, and not long ago also Io: it was a good feeling she kept in her heart. Her steps were lighter. Although some decisions were harder to reach when they were three in the debate, she so much appreciated their contributions, she did not think it a burden at all. In fact, sometimes they would catch her flaws and correct them; it was good. It reminded her of what her aunt had always said when she spoke of the council in the Great Tribe: "They may be annoying, but the council would never run as smoothly without them.". Granted, her aunt had found her council members more annoying than Ulilohi did hers, but the truth still remained: disagreement was a good thing.

For once, the brown-pelted female had time to stroll around the village simply looking for something to do. She welcomed it, and hummed a familiar tune as she passed by huts, nodding her head to members as she passed them, smiling. It wasn't until she reached one of the huts newly re-inhabited - by a Great Tribe member, she knew. It hadn't been her to accept them, though of course she had been informed. It seemed like a good idea to stop simply to get to know them, but the real reason she stopped was the newly dug ground around the hut, and the plants put there. Ulilohi was curious, and quickly strode over to knock on the stranger's door. Well, stranger was perhaps not the right word, as they both came from the Great Tribe, after all. At least in part. "Hello?" she said, tentatively. If they weren't home, she'd just stop by another time, perhaps on the way back.

<style>
.jjb2 b {color:#fff; font-weight:normal;}
.jjb2 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px;}
.jjb2 {font-family:calibri; font-size:12px; color:#DA8672; line-height:15px; padding:180px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lY4AT.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#621573; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 279 OOC: She be in optime of course Big Grin

The days were going by and Saqui was establishing herself well enough, though not as well as she wanted to. Though she had her new home within days of joining the pack, and working in the fields as was expected of her, she barely met anyone new around AniWaya, though she enjoyed seeing the same faces often she knew the three she’d seen more than once wasn’t all that was in the pack.

She wasn’t one to force herself on others though and if they were out in the fields or somewhere, where Saqui was working or doing something she was friendly enough, but much like her father she was aloof, and though it drove her crazy inside that she had no new friends she did not make the effort to do so. So it was up to others and on that summer day as she was using the leftovers of her harvest, the stuff that wasn’t really eaten, she was using to weave small patterns into. She knew a little and it kept her hands busy during the long winter days and any other time that she wasn’t working. The voice did startle her a bit and she put down her work, which wasn’t going to be anything really, it was just practice, She stood up and left her hut coming face to face with someone new. “Yes?” She asked curiously, wondering why someone was asking inside her hut. She did not seems familiar. Though she held herself a woman of the great tribe would and one of high rank so Saqui figured she was one of great importance; “May I help you with something?” She asked politely.

<style>
.saqhorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.saqhorse p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
Length sucks cause my brain is fried, sorry O_O
[html]

A voice replied and the brown-pelted newcomer appeared, asking Uli's business. The councilwoman dipped her head in greeting, though not very low. As the two brown-pelted females faced each other, one towering and dominant, the other much smaller by comparison, fluent AniWayan flowed from Ulilohi's lips with ease, assuming the other knew the language well. "Unalihelitseti, child -- Saqui, was it? Claudius informed me of your arrival here; ulihelisdi" The other female looked AniWayan through and through to Ulilohi, mostly due to her braid. It was always soothing for Ulilohi to have someone from the Great Tribe in her own little branch of it, as if it somehow strengthened her to keep a piece of the tribe here. "I am Anasgayv Ulilohi." Saqui would know what the rank meant, she was certain. The councilwoman fixed her stare on the long braid for a moment, impressed with its length. For her young age, she had collected it for a long time.

<style>
.jjb2 {font-family:calibri; font-size:12px; color:#DA8672; line-height:15px; padding:180px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lY4AT.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#621573; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 214 OOC: rawr Big Grin

The woman’s cherokee rolled off her mouth fluently and Saqui knew that she must have grown up with it too, though she did not know this woman and was certain she never met her even in passing in the great tribe. "Wado, my name is Saqui Utina" She said bowing as the woman introduced herself. It was the first time she met the leader of the pack, and it was an honor to Saqui. She smiled; "It is very nice to meet you. Would you like to join me? I have some tea.” She offered. She had tea... but it wasn’t made since she didn’t know she would have a visitor.

She was nervous now, she only saw her own chief when there were ceremonies, but never had she been visited by the chief. It was nerve wracking now to see the woman that controlled AniWaya at her own doors. Had she done something wrong that she was not aware of doing? She certainly knew she didn’t do anything splendid that deserved such merit. So she was a bit nervous now that she had a little bit more to think about it and Ulilohi did not specify why she was at Saqui’s door.

<style>
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

Now, there was a name Ulilohi had heard before. The Utinas were not unknown in the Great Tribe, and as far as Ulilohi knew, Dawali Amara's children had been friends of them. In her time in the council, -Ulilohi had attempted to learn what she could about the social structure of the tribe, which families that did and didn't interact, and for what. Also, Claudius had told her the history if this place. The Utinas had played not an insignificant part in the events that led up to her being put in charge. Last she had heard from Foxglove, the female, Liliana, had been found dead, presumably by accident. It was a sad story, the one of their family, truly. She dipped her head. "I have heard of your family before. You are Nayati's daughter, I presume?" Judging by her appearance and age, that would be the most likely, at least so far as Ulilohi knew.

"Thank you, yes." She didn't mind tea, though she didn't drink it often. It more than not just didn't come to mind, as she often had a skin of water with her. That, and with the river crossing into the village, it was never far, for a drink. The councilwoman nodded and continued to attempt to explain her interest in knocking on Saqui's door. "I saw that you had new plants around your hut and was curious." Her hands moved as she spoke, enhancing intonation and stress as the giant female spoke in fluent AniWayan.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 245 OOC: Saqui is worried she did wrong! :O

It seemed the woman knew of Saqui’s father and she smiled with pride. She nodded vigorously; “Yes he is my father. He’s still in the Great Tribe and is doing well.” She said feeling suddenly a little homesick for her family, but she would stick this out, she knew she could visit there if she really wanted to. She nodded and was about to go in to prepare and make the tea when the older, larger woman finally spoke of why she was here. Saqui let out a deep breath.

“They are berries. This is a blackberry bush, or it will be come spring.” She said, then suddenly wondered if it was against pack law to plant around their homes. She hadn’t thought about it, and she looked up at the Anasgayv with worried eyes. “Is it bad? I can transfer them it’s still early enough.” She said. She wanted to be on Ulilohi’s good side. “I have other berries in the back, strawberries and blueberries” She said almost shyly, and would do what her leader suggested. If she were to take them down and move them to the fields she would certainly do that in a quick manner. She just thought it would be far easier for her to pick when the berries were right as she left her home, or anyone could really, but her mind was now full of worry and doubt.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

Poor thing!

Ulilohi was glad to hear that Nayati was faring well in the Great Tribe. Her home was not conflict-free at the moment either; she had feared that the male had gone from war to war, so to speak. But Saqui likely communicated with him regularly, or so she hoped. Ulilohi nodded. "That is good news. I arrived only just before he left, I think -- I heard about your mother's accident from members here. It was a true tragedy." It was perhaps not the best of subjects, she realized only after having spoken, and hastily attempted to close the window, in case Saqui found it difficult to respond to. "It is almost like a full circle that you have come to live here." Beautiful, some might call it. A father's tragedy, too.

The councilwoman nodded, interested, as the much younger female explained. She knew these berries from sight, but not the names Saqui used. She ought to have paid more attention to the teachers as a child, but.. well, it came to bite her in the back now that she was adult and things were expected of her. She shook her head as she rejected Saqui's question. "No, no -- it's fine. I was just curious. Some do plant things around their huts and some do not, but I have not seen anyone attempt to plant berries here before, so I became curious." Berries was a nice treat of fall, as if summer was granting them a going away present before winter crept into the lands and made everything just a little bit less comfortable. "I know the medics use blueberries, too, also for healthy teas. They could be interested, perhaps, in collaborating with you." They knew a thing or three about taking care of useful plants. Ulilohi had never had the patience to learn it. Like so many other things.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 238 OOC:

Ulilohi made Saqui smile mentioning her father, though it faltered a little. She shook her head. She remembered the day well. It wasn’t by other members; “They didn’t kill her, she just …. she had an accident with her horse.” She remembered the panic in her aunt and father’s voice. She learned later exactly what happened, when she was older, at that time she had been told she would never see her mother for a long time. Nayati hadn’t been the same, but he was acting differently already when they moved. She only wanted to get things right even if it did give those that hurt them a better name.

She let out a sigh of relief and looked down at the plant in question; “I don’t know why that should be, berries are delicious and can be very good for you.” She said, if others planted plants around, then she wondered why none took to berries It was the same with the great tribe. she smiled as the councilwoman spoke of medics using blueberries and she nodded; “Yes I won’t keep these all to myself, though it is tempting, they will be for the whole tribe.” She was not greedy even in her most favorite of berries. She shared what she had as though they owned everything she owned. That was what the young woman believed in at least.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
I'm just.. skipping that sentence since you haven't edited it yet? :X
[html]

The news of Liliana's accident had arrived in AniWaya quickly. Many had assumed that they would want to know, despite the ... turmoil between the packs. It had struck the councilwoman as not only a tragic death following the breaking of the Utina family's home, AniWaya, but also as ironic. From what she had been told, Liliana had risen to the rank of Master in the Animal Carer path, and yet when she died she died at the hooves of her trusted horse. "Yes, this is what I heard as well." She found nothing else to say, and the situation was somewhat awkward. After all -- what point was there in discussing this with Saqui? She would know more than Ulilohi anyway, and it wasn't like it changed anything, anyway. She stood silent as the awkwardness stretched on.

Saqui seemed to be at once relieved when Ulilohi clarified her intentions, but also puzzled as ot why no berries were grown here already. The Anasgayv shrugged; she honestly had no idea why no one else had bothered or thought to do it. "So I've heard. I can't imagine why, really. Are they hard to grow, perhaps?" It seemed a viable explanation. That, and not many wolves had dedicated themselves to starting new crops - most had worked to maintain the existing ones instead.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 208 OOC: It is crappy and I apologize Sad( perhaps we can end it soon then? Unless you have any ideas /shrug

Saqui did her best to take things in stride and that was what she was trying to do now, all she could remember from the event was that of her fathers and aunt's looks when the event happened. Back then she didn't understand her mother would never grace her with her presence. “Yes, it taught us all to be careful even with what you feel most comfortable with.” Saqui said, it was a lesson learned but hopefully not to be repeated by another generation.

The subject back on the berries she thought about what Ulilohi had to say and shrugged; “They are fairly self sufficient once they are growing and rooted, though it does take several seasons to really get good berries from them. I suppose it's because of how long it takes for them to grow perhaps?” She said giving her own thoughts on the subject. She didn't really care how long it took, she planned on staying in AniWaya for the rest of her life. She was expecting to stay in this home for her life as well. She liked it here, at the edge of the village but still close enough for visits to others and not too far from the Town Hall.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]