Uncovering Truth
[html]

Here you go~ Also, just a reminder that Cwmfen still is unaware of her Luperci-ness, ^=^;;

500+

Several weeks had passed since her joining, and the territory was becoming very familiar. Just as she had when she first stepped over the boarders, the black fae was careful in studying the topography; if there were conflicts in these lands, it would benefit her to know the lands which she defended. Cwmfen still wandered around the boarders. The novelty of being the pack still hadn’t worn off, and, being a shy creature by nature, she did not seek anyone out, but she didn’t avoid them either. So far, aside from Haku and Grayson, she’d only scented the other wolves of Dahlia de Mai. The black fae stored all the scents in the back of her mind for later use; if she bumped into a familiar scent, she could put a name and a face with it.

The morning had started out with a wide, clear sky. She woke early to consider the sunrise before deciding to head west to St. Pepin’s Vineyards. Thus far, Cwmfen had not been to that part of the territory, and she felt that a new place would be exciting. Actually, the simple female felt that every day was exciting if she took some time to just lay in the sun for a while. But idleness was beginning to make her legs itch. Secretly, she whished for an opportunity to fight, but, at the same time, she feared that moment for she was still unsure of the extent of her own skills.

She set had off at a brisk trot, lighthearted and carefree.

Upon arrival, the heavens already began to darken. The bright, white orbs considered them thoughtfully, and her nose lifted into the ear as she sniffed for rain: yes, but not now. Content, the ethnically-mixed female entered into the forest. The woods were of an older nature, and once she was within the confines of the trees, the air became cooler and damper. Combined with the weather, the world for Cwmfen at that moment seemed perfect. And, because she was in such a good mood, she decided to get a little snack.

Nic Graine continued her near-silent walking, lowering her maw occasionally to catch the scent of a mouse or perhaps a rat, or even a rabbit; the white eyes darted here and there to catch any movement. But there was none. Upon nearing the field, she caught the scent of a mouse. It was better than nothing. Her posture changed to that of a stalking hunter—ahead, she could see the little creature grooming itself. Silly thing. When the distance between prey and predator was ideal, Cwmfen paused, then lept, coming down upon it with her banded paws. She could feel it struggling beneath her. With a melodic laugh, she snapped the unfortunate creature before it had entirely escaped.

Thunder.

Then it began to rain. She stood there at the edge of the forest looking at the sky, feeling a longing tug at her heart, but for what she was unsure. Shaking the drenching rain from her coat, the black fae slipped back into the forest. Even with the cover of trees, the rain reached the forest floor. Nearby, she found an old, wooden building. It smelled of decaying wood, but it seemed sturdy enough. Taking off at a run, she bounded through the doorway, catching a scent as she passed through the threshold.

Coyote.

[/html]
Hybrid, to be exact.

DaVinci had been lodging in the crumbling shack and hadn't expected a sudden explosion through the door, but when the lass had appeared he just stared at the stranger from the darkness at the back of the building. Haku and Alexey knew where he was but he didn't think that the rest of the pack had even known that the hybrid resided in the lands. He was determined to wait it out until his sibling was returned but right at the moment his mind wasn't on his sibling for once but rather the oddly marked stranger who'd dropped in for a visit, not expecting the monster that lurked in the darkness.

His eyes had long ago adjusted to the pitchblack of the cabin as the storm rattled the roof and sent droplets of rain through the cracks. He knew by the markings upon her coat just where she'd come from but he wasn't for certain how she'd feel on hearing an accent so atone to her own from the strange hybrid she'd just come to share her weather waiting territory with. His voice dropped through the gloom, the gaelic accent echoing in the stale air about them. "Hallo.." The deep sound that filtered from his throat one wouldn't expect from the body of a coyote, yet somewhere inside there was half a wolf roaming in that soul.
[html]

Bleh. Sorry for the wait OnO

500+

The darkness of the edifice darkened her vision, but her nose was not fooled. There was someone there in the dark. Cwmfen stood in the threshold as she waited for her eyes to adjust, her maw moving in a slow, wide arc to pinpoint the location of the other. There, she found him in the back. A low growl of uncertainty tickled her throat. She was technically the invader of the other’s space, but if he was coyote, he should not even be within the pack boarders. Conflict. Haku had said it. With the neighboring coyotes.

The male smelled of coyote, but there was something strange and lupine about that scent also that she had not noticed before. The black hackles bristled, causing the blue woad to stand out on her fur. Black pupils dialated as if threatening to swallow the luminescence of those strange orbs, yet they fell short. Having adjusted to the darkness, she found the laying form of the male before her, a safe distance away. Her head tilted slightly, made curious by his appearance. That body belonged to a coyote indeed, but the markings and the eyes... they said otherwise.

He broke the silence first—a greeting. Black, woad-banded auds flickered as if irritated by some insect buzzing nearby. The voice held the lilt of her ancestors. It was simply not something which she had expected. An uncertain silence followed as she remained where she stood with the rain beating behind her. The black tail swished, catching a drop or two as she considered the situation in which she had so willingly placed herself.

Cwmfen nic Graine moved past the threshold and to the left, watching the hybrid as she did. Black claws clicked softly upon the old wooden floors like a ticking clock, counting the moments of silence that passed between the two. The lean female didn’t sit when she found a decent spot, but remained standing once more. Her ears were pressed forward in a mildly aggressive manner, but otherwise her posture did not denote attack.

The woad-marked fae was of a leaner build than most of her Caledonian kind. Her father, the crow-wolf had been of the Korean wolves, and, while the brute himself was massive in size, the Asiatic wolves were of a leaner build than other wolves of the world. Her voice, too, when she spoke had in it a strange accent, filled by Caledonia but laced with Korea.

“Who are you?” The melodic alto was released with sharp thorns clawing the air. The words were not planned to be spoken so sharply; they simply became that way. The white orbs watched him in the dark warily, but there was enough distance between them for her to react should he decide to become belligerent. She wondered to herself yet again why the coyote-wolf hybrid had come within the pack boarders. To create trouble perhaps? A slight frown creased the femme’s brow. The novelty of pack life was indeed confusing to the simple female. “What are you doing within the boarders?” she demanded, her voice prancing in the air on dainty feet.

[/html]
DaVinci smiled darkly from his corner and watched the lass. She too had already seemed to judged him like everyone else in the world. He just sat there silently and waited, knowing that sooner or later she'd speak. He had been a bit surprised to have found another from the far away lands but who was he to believe that others hadn't ventured forth from other lands to explore. His stormy grey eyes watched her as she finally spoke, the melody hadn't really been expected, by that just showed how long he'd been gone from Eire.

He shook his head and grinned at the sharpness to her lovely tones. "i'm DaVinci.." His own deep voice echoed through the empty building as he admitted his reasons for sheltering within a pack's lands. "My sister is a member of the pack.. but she's being held captive in this war.." he stated. There was no other reason for him being here. Haku knew that he was lurking around the lands and as long as the leader knew DaVinci really didn't care what the packmates thought.
[html]

Yay, I finally posted~ ^=^;;;

500+

DaVinci...

His name did not seem to hail from the lands upon which he had been born, but Cwmfen was familiar with the concept of the foreign names. Many foreign lands had set foot within Caledonia, the novelty of those foreign names was exemplified through the naming of the young. Indeed, Cwmfen herself had been told by her mother before she was killed that she had desired the name Gnaea, yet her sire, the crow-wolf, had insisted upon a Caledonian forename.

He claimed that his sister was part of the pack. Of course, having met only Haku and Grayson, she could not confirm this fact, and so she could not question the validity of his word. She did not sense any deception, but one could never be too sure. The woad-marked fae was surprised with the openness with which DaVinci had given his name and reason of his presence. He was neither snide nor elusive with her. If he had a sister in the pack, would not the pack know of this situation? Thus, while she was still suspicious (after all, the coyotes were the opposing party in the conflict, or so she had heard) but her hackles lowered. Content for the moment, she lowered herself to a laying position in the far corner, sitting comfortably and in a way so that the black fae may easily view the hybrid.

“I am Cwmfen nic Graine,” she said at length, her Caledonian lilt quiet in the darkness. Her voice had softened to its normal texture, and it danced on the air like a playful otter, though it was not necessarily kind. The radiant, white orbs peered at DaVinci, and she took in his features to match a face to the scent. Then she looked away, somewhat shyly, as was her usual disposition, but a blue, barred ear swiveled to listen for him. Her head was lowered to her paws as she watched the faint light filtering though the doorway. The rain outside fell heavily, its song filling the silence like a flood. The black female let her eyes close as she enjoyed the natural melody accompanied occasionally by the deep, thoughtful thunder. The black tail moved across the floor twice before she lifted her head once more to address the male.

“I had heard of a conflict between this pack and the coyotes,” she began. Once more, Cwmfen considered DaVinci. He seemed to be a coyote, yet there was wolf running though those veins. A mutt. Not that she cared about that; she herself was a mutt. The Celtic female simply had never been truly fond of coyotes, and such dislike moved her to distrust the hybrid male. Yet, he was not anything like an aggressor. Perhaps it was due to his wolf blood. Or perhaps she was merely stereotyping. “How grave is this conflict? Are you not part of that war? If your sister is held captive by the war, do you not feel any hostility?” So many questions. She was still new to these lands called ‘Souls, and she was curious.

[/html]
DaVinci lay watching the woman as she seemed to be coming to terms in the fact that there was such a creature within the packlands that looked like nothing but a pure monster. Those thoughts were the whispers from the back of his mind, even if he should know they weren't true.. they still weighed on his shoulders. He flicked his ears back and forth, the gold hoops catching from the bright flashes of lightning that reigned on outside their cover.

The long pause between them was filled with thunder and little else, the dark hued male didn't mind thought, the lack of accusations and hate filled words was a blessing, but when she finally broken the calm he was surprised that she wasn't spitting fury at him. Instead her words were softer than he'd thought possible and he smiled in the dark at her name. It had been a long while since he'd heard a name like that but he didn't bother her too much beyond her name.

It didn't take too long before those questions pelted him but he didn't mind, he'd grown use to them by now.. atleast the ones that assumed where he belonged. Turning his eyes back to the painted lass his deep voice was low as he laid down the truth of what he knew. "Inferni has always been at war with some pack. My life is the product of one of such wars." He shook his head sadly as he hissed softly before moving on. "I'd think every war was grave, worse for some than others, but deadly enough in the long run... and I am nothing in this war but a shadow of the past."

He rose to his feet to stare out the window at the storm that was raging over the world as he stretched. "I'm just arrived within these lands within the last moon's pass. Finding what has happened to Firefly was a chance.. and I'm not for certain what I feel. She choose her side, and yet half the world thinks I should side with the wolves, the other with the coyotes.. and so I walk a thin line." His storm brewing eyes turned to her strange white ones as he admitted. "I don't belong to this war, I never did.. I don't think I ever will.. Who wants someone who has one paw in one world and the other in another.."
[html]

Sorry for the wait~!!!!!

500+

Cwmfen watched the hybrid from the corner of her eye. Her main focus was on the pale, silver light filtering through from the storm. In this strange darkness, she was comfortable. The world seemed that day to be painted with the colours of her soul, and a contented peace fell over her. She lay her head on her paws, sighing deeply as she attempted to brush away all discomfort that had prior been upon her; they fell away, but there were always a few grains that would ever remain. For now, that would have to do. For now, that was more than enough.

As the hybrid moved his ears, the movement caught her eye—or perhaps it was the glint of his golden ornaments. The white orbs flickered in his direction momentarily, her serenity disturbed. But her mood did not become perturbed. While at first she had been wary of this male, the suspicion had quickly dissipated. Of course, she did not fully trust him, but trust was a thing harder earned. Had she come across even her own pack members, the same initial distrust would be present, though to a lesser degree, since pack members were to protect one another. However, she was keenly aware that betrayal was possible in the hearts of all creatures, even her own.

DaVinci’s words surprised her, perhaps because they were not of a belligerent nature. Perhaps she had expected him to be so, to live up to the reputations of the other, less benign personalities of this pack called Inferni. The coyote seemed to be discontent with his place in this struggle, though she did not believe it was because of the conflict itself. Perhaps—almost certainly—there was something that she was missing from this story. Her lack of understanding created a marginal stir of frustration, and she tried to brush it off. Soon she would be part of something too...

“I wish I could say the same about wars...” Her voice was quiet, suave melody. A touch of resentment seemed to lace her alto tones. “Wars—or battles, lets say—have been my life... At first, I had thought that it was the fighting I had wanted to escape. But I found that I loved it instead...” She trailed off in thought, the crow-wolf coming to mind and sending a cold, sinister hand down her spine. As she was finishing her words, the steel hybrid rose and strode towards the door. He was now within her line of vision, and she considered him thoughtfully as he continued.

Firefly. The woad-marked female wondered at the circumstances that surrounded this strange male. But it was not this that caught her attention so much as the last thing he had said. I don't belong to this war, I never did.. I don't think I ever will.. Who wants someone who has one paw in one world and the other in another.. His mixed lineage was what was bothering him. That was something she could understand. She was of mixed cultures—Caledonian and Corean. The Caledonians did not much care for the mix, and the few Coreans that she had met abhorred her. How dare a Caledonian carry their traits? And she had hated them for it...

“To be in two worlds musn’t be a curse...” ...but a blessing. The last was left unsaid. Her strange lilt was laced with a softness that reached out with a feather’s touch. She did not rise to be level with him as he observed the weeping lands without. Instead, she remained as she was, watching him with bright curious eyes. The black female’s woad-marked tail hit the floor softly once as if in approval before she let the silence fall between them once more.

[/html]
He watched her in the darkness that gathered between the crashes of lightning as he breathed quietly. He knew they shared some sort of background in common, even if his was short lived and hers was her world. He wondered if it was even worth it to ask, but he thought it too nosy in the end. He wasn't like his mother to stick his nose everywhere it wasn't welcome but he wasn't so cruel and angry with the world anymore to snap at the woman for seeking shelter in the same shack as he was.

It seemed be was going to get a little bit of her history even without asking as he comment on the war seemed to hit home with the pretty little beastie. Raising a brow as she spoke he shook his head, the lightning crashing again as he caught sight of the eerie blue marks that covered her fur, knowing that he took carried such marks yet the silvery blue of his coat made them harder to see. It wasn't as though his were so vivid and extrodinarly marked, his small catch of warrior marks were hardly anything at all and not really worth telling of. Turning his gaze back to the woman he smiled as he commented. "Why love the battle, it the bringer of death to one soul or another.." His words were deep and yet he wasn't for certain if it mattered or not. He never would have cared if someone had made such a comment on his way of life.. but then again few wished to stick around long enough to argue with a filthy hybrid.

He laughed, there was nothing more he could do but laught at the words she offered. Perhaps the stranger he'd met was right and he should just learn to deal with it. Perhaps this woman was right to, he wasn't sure. The deep sad bit of laughter drifted away as silence fell between them. He turned those stormy orbs towards the strangely marked woman as he admitted. "It probably shouldn't.. but there's nothing here for me yet.. or atleast nothing worth believing in.." He wasn't for certain if he really beleived that there would ever be something worth believing in but he would wait and see.
[html]

Sorry for the wait! I was just so busy. And I would have posted this yesterday, but the forums were being dumb OnO

500+

The black fae’s pate lowered to the woad-barred paws, the bright eyes closing. The halfling was, aside from her markings, not an extraordinary creature to behold. The mix of her ancestry was indeed, exotic, and she was more pleasant than others of such a mix, but she did not mix into the standards of what was considered beautiful. Likewise, her cultural blend did not sit well with many, and she was thus not accepted as naturally beautiful either. The male however, she found to be naturally beautiful, as she found any full breed; the male seemed to have captured physically the prime genes of both sides, especially the lupine side, which she held in high regard. But one was never truly beautiful if a beautiful soul was not contained.

The song of the thunder echoed in her tarnished soul. There were many songs of nature, and those songs would resonate with some and not with others. Thunder and rain were of such songs that rang in her soul. The metal of weapons sang like a silver ring in her ears, but she herself could never use it...

“Death,” the she-wolf repeated. “All souls must make that journey over the River. Those who meet it gloriously will find the path across easy. Those who do not will wander the earth, trapped in limbo awaiting their own acceptance.” She paused, but there was no want of emphasis or thought in the silence. “I meet each battle knowing that my demise awaits on an uneasy precipice.” The melodic tones had become a quiet murmur, as if she had drifted into thought. Her head was still turned away, her eyes still closed as she listened to the nature without.

DaVinci’s laughter brought her crania about. The white orbs shone in the half light, glowing wonderfully. Her woad-marked nape bristled, though for what reason she herself did not know. “Nothing in which to believe, DaVinci?” The use of his name was, perhaps, deliberate. Cwmfen rose fluidly, gliding over to the hybrid’s side. Her obsidian fur nearly brushed against the male’s silver coat, but there seemed to be no underlying insinuation in her deliberate proximity. Innocence still remained. A slender maw pointed out into the raining world. “Have you forgotten how to hear the songs?” A pause. The banded auricles pricked forward as if hearing a distant call. “It is a song without tones, resonating like silver in your soul...” The warrior’s voice took a wistful quality and she grew silent. The white orbs looked out into the rain but saw nothing.

The lucid gaze averted to fall upon the male’s features. “Yet, if not for the songs without, at least listen to that which resides within you.” It was as if she could not comprehend how this male, who shared a common heritage, could not remember the auld ways. The white gaze directly met the steel orbs, imploring, searching... “Listen.” The gentle voice was near to a command. And she turned away from him, returning to where she had been previously prone. Having lowered herself to the decaying floor, the black wolf slipped once more into the shadows of this shelter, closing her eyes to listen to the rain’s song—or to the male should he respond.

[/html]
The boy found it strange that their conversation on such a dark and stormy night would linger towards the end and the ultimate journey beyond. He wasn't for certain if he believed in everything she spoke of but he'd heard stories and seen things in the past that could make him believe.. atleast for a night. A shiver ran along his pelt thinking of the longest night and the day of the dead, the celebration of life and death and the meeting between the two if only for a breath of time. He turned those orbs the shades of thunderclouds rolling towards her as he weakly smiled. "I think I'd be the latter, for some things I'd go gloriously to my doom, for others I'd rather roam and wait til I find acceptance.. in this world or the next.. if it really exists." How strange it was he could speak on such a subject so freely and so easily.. but then again when had he ever given someone the chance to take up the horn on such a subject.

The roll of thunder outside melted away what tension may have rose between the two as the crash of lightning and the patter of rain on the old tin roof was more than enough to create their own eerie melody. The only thing the storm needed was the howl of wolves in the distance to be of perfect beauty.. though he wasn't for certain what the woman before him would have thought at the suggestion so he kept his strange little thoughts to himself.. until Cwmfen brought him around full circle with the sharp question and the force of his own name.

The swift motion of the woman and she was at his side, the words she poured out could have made him weep if he hadn't trained himself to keep those emotions at bay behind the stormy orbs that always gazed out so stony towards the whole of the world. He raised his head slightly, his heart beating as he felt she was perhaps reading his mind, but the moment passed as the wistful tone faded into nothing as she seemed to lose herself in the summer rain.

His orbs too fell upon the rain that cascaded out in the world beyond them. He shook his head softly as he thought about the song within, so filled with anger and distrust, a strong pounding drum for the stubborn nature and sharp arrogance that he'd stolen from a golden fae whom may have been his mother. So many times he'd fallen asleep to the savage beat of the wild winds that tore through the canyons of his soul and yet always held felt like a dark shadow on the cliff's edge trying to make sense of it all... even now though something had sprouted in the wild tanglewoods there was still no telling if it would take and flower into a true reason.. but it was start, even if a small one.

He smirked, the only word she'd granted him, the command and yet guidance had left him in that maze once more and when he'd emerged she was so distance. Turning to face her with the savage beat still drumming in his ears the male gave her that devilishly wolfish grin and admitted. "Sometimes.. it takes seasons for belief to grow.. laying dormant spring, summer, winter and fall until the perfect moment to explode.. and the wonders revealed." His devillish grin melted away as he spoke softer, sorrowful were his words, yet more than what he'd previously allowed. "Perhaps I'm just waiting on someone to tame this wild heart.." He doubted there was one out there willing to take up the task.. but if he had patience.. he'd find out.
[html]

500+

The white orbs were watching the decaying floor absently. She studied the patterns of the ancient wood that were so akin to those of rippling waters. The start of even the smallest ripples was perhaps unnoticeable, but the growing rings that followed were inevitable, and the change that the water felt was too inevitable. They would all be released one day. There simply needed to be a source, and the waiting need only be done with patience. Change would then only need to unfold...

The woad-banded aurals pricked forward as DaVinci spoke once more. The song of the rain was interrupted by his wild voice. At times, there seemed to be an overwhelming remorse that threatened upon her mind’s eye with such a force as if to overcome her. But then it would change, a wild and raging fire fueled by frustration. Her head rose as she looked upon the hybrid with clear, white eyes. Acceptance. It was such a simple thing. It was not too much to ask for it. And yet, it appeared that none had given it to him. And why? Because he was a hybrid? Perhaps. She knew better than some the prejudices that threatened to drown the Halflings. But it could not be entirely that which he claimed it to be... She wondered then of his past and present.

His sudden anger surprised her. With such a change, Cwmfen could more clearly see the struggle of his soul. The colours of the frustration within told of tragedy, but she did not know his story. The black wolf rose, once more. She became only slightly wary, aware of what anger could do to a soul, and what an angry soul could do to another. But there was not distrust about her. No...

Waiting. She realized that he feared the solitude in which he lived. Perhaps his frustration stemmed from this thing. His life was built around this solitude, but in his hear he longed for someone to share it with him. A soft smile graced the lips of the black female. “You will find one to tame that wild heart, DaVinci. Perhaps you already have found her sometime in your travels.” The silver tones paused only briefly. “But you must not simply wait. Indeed patience will relinquish the one. But it is dangerous to do so, for you may lose her. It is very likely that she is waiting for you.” The anguish of his soul had moved her to speak, but she wondered at the validity of her own statement. She had never approached a male, nor had a male approached her. She had never experienced a male in any respect save for friendly conversation, even one such as this moment. However, this conversation was more intimate than any other that she had experienced prior... Perhaps she was just as afraid as he was... A flicker of fear passed through her mind and prominent as lightening, but just as fleeting; his image and his black touch, the one that had moved her to find this haven, flashed through her mind. But she shrugged it off, forgetting the mourning of her lost fruit.

“You must do more than simply wait.”

[/html]
DaVinci wasn't for certain what he thought of this mystic prophet that seemed to have followed him from the emerald isle, or some close kin to the lands. He stared at her with those stormy orbs as she seemed to build strength from his own passionate fire, his own struggles. He narrowed his eyes slightly at the advice he was granted and yet there was nothing more he could do but just listen. Once he would have rolled his eyes and given her the age old teenage phrase, 'yeah, right' but now he was over that phase of his life and the restless spirit within was pacified enough by the moment to allow him time to think.

He just shook his head at the words the woman spoke as a smile fell upon his lips. There was little he could do but turned to the white eyed lass and ask. "Would you follow the same advice?" He didn't know how to answer her really, she couldn't really understand how he couldn't chase the wild spirits of the lands even if they were the ones that made him feel right. What was he even thinking, there was no spirit who'd even managed to want to understand him. Firefly had been like a child to him, she'd respected him in some childlike way but she was his sibling as was Magdalena.. no one else had ever come close.. but the silvery boy had never allowed anyone enough time, always dashing from one adventure to the next yet never long enough. "I don't think waiting was the problem.. if II'd ever found her I probably left her far behind.." he said softly.

He shook his head and sighed. What was there out there for a dread pirate who wished to be tamed. What pirate in their right mind wanted to be shipwrecked.. yet in his mind that was exactly what he craved.. at the hands of another to be shipwrecked and tamed, to never want to roam again. He doubted someone could stop his roaming soul.. but he'd give her the benefit of the doubt.. for now.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... ETABLE.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
500+

“Yes.” Her answer was given with the quiet sigh of a dying breeze. It seemed as if there were more to be said, and a small struggle that ended in silence could be seen to dance in those white orbs. I have been waiting all my life. Yet, perhaps it was for a different reason... At first, I need the safety of another’s presence, to ward off he who followed me, though now that I have considered it, nothing would have stopped him... And now, I find myself prepared to find the one I’m destined to be with. So even now, I am waiting. This unsaid cognition was left to linger in the darkness about her, with the rain dousing its existence. A soft, exasperated sigh escaped her slender maw. The word was a simple place, and yet it seemed that the world was becoming smaller, more complicated, constricting, frustrating...

She didn’t know what more to offer him. Words were insufficient, a quagmire in which thought drowned and disappeared for its inadequacies. And yet, if not words, what was there? Action? She was inadequate in social action as well. She felt there was nothing more to give him save for her company. And soon the storm would pass and so too would their paths. There was a certain amount of remorse within her and the thought of that parting. Partings had never been something that she liked—if anything, she hated it above all other things of the world...

The black female moved to his side, and reclined easily upon the marked haunches. The white orbs turned towards the rain in silence, and she offered her solid company to the male. Did he wish her more? The silence she offered invited him to demand of her, yet there were no promises... She turned to look upon his features thoughtfully. She had seen those with luperci forms, had seen their hands. And just this once, she wished that she had such hands with which to touch him and offer comfort in that way—did he want her comfort? Cwmfen laughed quietly at her own foolishness and thoughts.

But she did feel a strange attraction towards this male. She supposed that it was the internal suffering of his soul that intrigued her... It was the same infatuation that she had with the dying, a strange satisfaction and yet a strange love. It was this infatuation that she found intriguing in her father. The black female’s life revolved about the relinquishing of that creature, and yet, deep inside, deeper than the fear and humiliation, there was a carnal desire of that wolf. And now, with the suffering of DaVinci, she felt a similar desire, and was both yearning and fearing was she felt for him... She had only just met him, and yet all this so soon. She knew that part of this was the culture of her mother, who demanded no marriage of two lovers. And yet, she knew also that this was from her father’s sinister soul, an inheritance that seemed to want to damn her. Cwmfen relinquished another sigh, this time of exasperation with herself.

The woad-marked female said, “Forgive me, DaVinci. I have nothing more to offer...” and meant it sincerely.

[/html]
DaVinci's mind always wandered when it came to the call of the storms and the whisper of the rains, like always tonight was no different. He'd never believed in his life he'd be sitting in an old abandoned shack discussing live changing trails with a stranger who shouldn't have been a stranger at all. He smiled in the darkness suddenly, knowing she couldn't seem the expression on his face. After a moment he titled his head back and listened to the lonely call of the world around them. Two strangers lost in a moment who would probably never pass one another in life again, atleast.. if DaVi still travel the trails he had til this past season it would be that way.. now, who knew.

He hadn't expected the dark beauty to have come so close to where he lay, and yet when she had he didn't ask her to leave. He had thought the woman would have left, if he'd been another he would have left the cyncial creature laying in the shack, even walked into the rains to escape his dark brooding ways, but she hadnot. His eyes turned towards the lasss in the dim light as he could hear the soft draw of her breath and the warmth radiating from her pelt. When she laughed so quietly he enjoyed the melody of her voice but didn't ask what was so amusing, he figured he was better off not knowing. A small smile played on his lips as he drew himself to lay sprawled upon the floor, still close enough to touch, yet choosing not.

He had been alone for so long it wasn't hard to push away any thoughts or feelings that a normal creature of habit might aquire. He was stationed next to an exotic beauty and yet there was little or no attachment to her, his choice made so long ago. The male had had his times of lust and midnight romances yet there had actually been no romance or love involved at all. Always in the morning light he'd left and moved on.. always believing it was better for all involved that he wasn't a permadent fix in another's life. The quite that seemed to be a soothing constant between the two deminished as she spoke, those words sweet and yet seeming so wistful. He smiled a weak smile inspite of himself as he said softly. "I never asked.. nor would have." and it was true. He would never have asked another to give or offer anything to him because he felt he wasn't worth what it might cost another to care so much.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... mfenv2.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

As DaVinci gave his response, Cwmfen turned to face him, smiling softly at his response, but she remained silent, finding no words with which to fill the silence. She wondered at the hybrid and at his story. She wondered why he would be rejected. Indeed, there had been hostility with in him—a great anger and frustration threatening to pour fourth in a great torrent or wave; she had felt it within her as if experiencing it for herself. The texture of that rage... it was smooth and comforting, yet unbearable and hot. It was easy to take comfort in such rage, to let it consume the soul and to transform the vessel into some unbearably monster discontent with everything—even itself. But DaVinci was not yet consumed—perhaps he would never be. It was a relief to the black fae when she discovered this—of course, she had always felt no need to fear for this male, but thought was needed to solidify her premonition.

Content, the female lowered her head to her paws. She did not move closer nor farther, she merely remained where she was and offered her silent company. With out the shack, the black fae listened to the rain. The intensity of its song head lessened, but its glory did not diminish. It merely became a whisper that shone like the sun through the dew drops. The white orbs hid behind the black lids, and her breathing slowed so that she seemed to be in some deep slumber. But the woad-marked fae had not relinquished her consciousness. Instead, she had touched the surface of her subconscious by means of the song of the rain, and she became closer thusly to the gods. And yet they were so distant from her, or she from them, and their presence was faint...

As Cwmfen opened her eyes, the rain seemed to cease. The song came to an end, and the sun actually broke the clouds, a forceful penetration, strong and almost deliberate, spreading tiny shards of diamonds through each drop. The black fae released her breath, which had been held for the sudden transformation of the world. She so loved the natural glories of the earth. Turning, she smiled to the hybrid, and her voice danced upon the crisp air anew. "See how the world changes." Then she turned her gaze back to the brightening world. "There is hope yet." Then fluidly, the Caledonian-Korean she-wolf rose from DaVinci’s side, and it was apparent that she was now departing.

"I regret my hostility towards you when we first met. Forgive my quick judgement." And then she had slipped from the threshold of the shack that had so generously sheltered the two canines through the storm. Lighthearted steps carried her quickly through the foliage of the forest, and the light was blinding. Cwmfen turned back, calling to the hybrid, "Should you desire some company, I will give it willingly." Then she was gone. Through the trees there was no trace, and only the calling birds marked her passage.

[/html]
They quietly sat beside one another, the only sound between the two was the soft draws of breath and the patter of the rain on the roof. The warmth from the body beside him was coming off in waves as he sat there with his eyes half closed enjoying the company of another and yet he was too proud, even now for him to admit he actually didn't mind the closeness of the woad marked ebony lass. His eyes rose to the roof as the rain seemed to taper off, almost then was when the soft near melody rose up beside him, Cwmfen's voice playing in his ear as her poetic worlds brought a smile to his maw, though there was doubt glittering in his eyes.

Suddenly he twisted his head to the side as she rose from beside him and moved towards the door. Her words of apology were light on her lips and the only return he granted her was a mere nod of his head as she slipped as quiet as a cat into the moist night air. The quiet that followed was more than enough for him as he pondered just what she had meant by that. He decided in the end that he really didn't to know just what she meant and with a soft sigh he folded up his forelegs and tucked him under his chest, those stormy eyes closing again as he listened to the thunder slowly drawing away.