Wounded and Weary
[html]

((488)) Backdated to 25 Aug.

Harvey

The journey back to the Hydrostone District seemed even longer to the beaten red merle australian shepherd. His body ached, new scratches and bite marks adorning his previously tattered body. Blood (belonging to both Harv and his opponent) stained the white fur a dull crimson colour, while morbidly blending in with his usually red tinted coat.

There was nothing too severely wrong, and if anything could be considered damaged worst, it would be his pride. Cuts and bites were nothing to him anymore, but the memories the quarrel had conceived and the realizations the Brit had been forced to come to terms with pained him more than any physical wound.

He was only trying to better his life. The cockney canine's past was something he was ashamed up, scared of even, and he wanted it fade away without a trace. Harvey believed that by finding a new land and having a fresh start, he'd eventually be able to clear his slate clean, and build upon a more pleasing lifestyle.

Just that fight triggered so much anger, regret, and depression.

He wasn't really a stranger to the land anymore, and he knew the areas well enough to get around comfortably, but the ex-gangster still had only spent a short time in Nova Scotia, and he'd already managed to peeve a brute to the point of drawing blood on both parties. Shaking his head, Harvey kept on his way back to Rio Marino's home, which he'd been so graciously welcomed to stay in until he could settle someplace on his own.

That perked him up a bit.

A nice warm bed... Per'aps a lil' soak could do me body some good... Couldn't really 'urt it.

A heavy sigh of relief escaped the maw of the shepherd dog as he saw the familiar sight growing closer and closer.

His sore legs seemed to be moving on their own, destined to reach the humble abode before they gave out and caused the scarred male to collapse. Though it seemed like an eternity, Harvey Butler was finally back to the place he could call "home", slowly making his way through the entrance, and pausing to enjoy the precious sight of it all.

He shut the door behind him, but carefully, so as he didn't disturb any of the other tenants, or their generous "landlord".

Easy does it, ol' chap... Jus' fink, in no time, you'll be restin' up in bed. Get up in the mornin' feelin' fresher, 'ave a bite t' eat... An' ain't no one got t' know what 'appened, there ain't. Jus' forget it evah 'appened....

He knew erasing such a recent emotionally and physically exhausting event from his mind was impossible, but he wasn't one to dwell on the negatives. Keeping quite about it would help though, especially in the case of his reputation.

At the base of the stairs, he stopped. Bi-coloured eyes trailed along the flight...

He sighed.

<style>
.Harvey-London p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Harvey-London b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.Harvey-London-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Harvey-London-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Harvey-London-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qqGuh.jpg); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.Harvey-London-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Harvey-London {background-color:#9B520D; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 303 // Points :: 3 I guessed it was night time.

Rio had been in a deep sleep, but when she heard the downstairs door close silently – they flew open. It wasn’t the door that woke her up, however, it was just her. She had been tossing and turning ever since it got dark out. She had been planning her leave for a few weeks now – and as the date seemingly got closer and closer, she became more restless. She laid there with her eyes fixed on the dark ceiling, listening to someone walk on the creaking floor downstairs. Their footsteps sounded shuffled and tired.

She sat up, figuring that she wasn’t going to go back to sleep anyway, and threw the comforter off of her. She stood up across from her mirrored closet door and looked at herself in it. She had a lengthy body, no muscles, and a pretty face. No major scars seemed to litter her body, and that was most likely because she wasn’t a fighter. She stayed away from that type of thing at all costs. She was one who needed to be protected, not capable of protecting herself. She needed a man to do that for her – and at the moment, she didn’t have one.

Hearing whoever was lurking outside coming up the stairs, Rio moved toward the door. She unlocked the locks she had, and opened it in time to see a bloodstained Harvey. She gasped, flung her door open and rushed to his aid. ”What happened to you?!” She rushed over to help him up the few stairs that were left to climb and led him over to the small couch next to her door. She sat down, leading him to do so too. ”Are you alright?” Her eyes scanned him, worriedly. She forgot about all her troubles and focused all of her attention on helping him.

Table by Miller <3
[/html]
[html]

((488)) Probably more likely. Sorry, should have mentioned that ;u;

Harvey

He had tried to be quiet, especially knowing that there were other residents of the home probably trying to get their rest. The pain that short through his body any time he moved made it a little more difficult, and occasionally, when the stinging wounds had become too much, he'd let out a restrained sort of hiss. Otherwise, his tolerance for pain had been built to withstand quite the beating.

Hopefully the new scratches and bites wouldn't lead to more scars over the merle male's body, as he felt he was intimidating enough, especially towards shy young ladies he'd really have no intent in ever mistreating. It wasn't that he was all about appearance, but scars brought forth questions he'd prefer not be asked, and showed him as a fighter, a lifestyle he'd been trying to keep out of after his arrival.

It didn't last long, and one could figure it was in his blood, but he was shamed nonetheless. He'd lost total control of his body, his mind during the battle. Then he just... Backed down. Harvey was well aware of the triumphant look upon the other's face afterward, but the Brit still tried to convince himself that he'd made the right decision in ending the fight, and heading back home.

I didn't run... No, runnin's for cowards... For the weak...No. I did what I needed t' do. Can't make a mess of meself...

Both fighters had one thing on mind: winning. And they'd pursue that goal, no matter the cost. Fully aware of this, Harvey could rightly assume that for either to really win, there would have had to been a fatality. That was intent on their minds, was it not? Seems it would have either been Harvey left lifeless at the hands of the coyote, or he was a cold-blooded murder. Neither outcome proved really appealing.

So, I DID do the right fin'! Ha... Of course I did...

Smirking, he'd kept himself from stressing over the deal too much, which would have helped him very little on getting better.

Not paying attention, Harvey wasn't aware of his rousing Rio until she'd rushed to his aid. His body had grown so heavy, and his vision was going blurry. With the other there to assist him, the aussie dog gave all he had to just stay conscious, so the poor girl wouldn't have to deal with such a hopeless bloke.

The simple couch was now seen as a blessing. Sitting down without hesitation, Harvey weakly looked over to his friend.

He didn't want to explain what had gone on, and he wouldn't. But the cockney boy was no liar.

Nofin' t' worry yourself ovah, dove... He croaked, voice rough from the recent events. I do 'preciate the 'elp, though, aftah what i've been through, you're a pre'y comfortin' sight, ya are.

He laughed softly, under his heavy breathing.

Jus' good t' be back in one piece...

<style>
.Harvey-London-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Harvey-London-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qqGuh.jpg); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.Harvey-London-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Harvey-London {background-color:#9B520D; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 213 // Points :: 0 Ooc.

It seemed that Rio was almost carrying Harvey over to the couch. His body felt like it had given out on him, despite the instructions his brain gave it. He flopped onto the already stained couch, and she sat softly next to him. ”Is there anything I could do to help you?” Rio was knowledgeable in medicine, briefly, and she definitely knew she would be able to help the man. ”I can clean your wounds…” She smiled, giving him a reassuring look. She had a feeling he wouldn’t tell her what happened, but that was alright.

Rio blushed as she heard his compliment. ”Well, thank you.” She managed to say it after she looked away from him shyly. Good thing her fur was dark and he didn’t notice that she blushed. She still had her arm underneath his shoulders and she still held him close, even though even as she didn’t realize it, she didn’t need to hold him anymore. He looked so damaged that she felt that he wouldn’t be able to hold himself up either. She loosened her grip on him a little, but still held onto him on his right side. ”Let me help you.” She wouldn’t take no for an answer. She needed to help the attractive cockney man.

Table by Miller <3
[/html]
[html]

((372))

Harvey

Words couldn't explain how horrible Harvey felt for having Rio practically lug his body around. He wasn't exactly light, as he was a fit luperci, and he must have been especially heavy for the woman so willing to aid him.

Being able to rest, even for a short moment, was an opportunity Harvey wouldn't waste in his particular situation. It had helped significantly already, as he felt much more at ease. With a few deep breaths, he'd managed to calm himself down some, though he wasn't really tense to begin with, but more frustrated with the series of events, and ashamed of his own actions.

He cracked a crooked smile, I... 'Ave t' admit, dove, tha' would be quite a pleasure. T' get meself cleaned up, ovah den tha', i'll manage well on me own, i'm sure... The Brit nodded. He didn't want Rio to think she needed to care over him like a mother, as he'd been in plenty fights before, and had been in far worse condition. This was nothing, thanks to his backing out and walking away.

He'd made a good decision, for once.

The embrace didn't go unnoticed, but it wasn't anything that drew more attention than necessary toward it. He was appreciative of the woman's help, and that's all he cared to remark on. He'd let her know, though, that he didn't require her to keep him steady, by leaning forward some, showing his ability to sit without aid. If she let go, fine. But it wasn't bothering him at all if she didn't, either.

A soft laugh, though rasped, seemed to be exhaled from the cockney canine, I won't 'old back, Miss Rio, ya do what ya fink is best, I'm not goin' t' be stubborn when I can confess tha' 'elp would be lovely. The red merle male nodded. True, he wasn't looking forward to having a female help him with his needs (as he thought it should be the other way around), but he could tell Rio wouldn't back down easily, and he'd already put up with one fight today, and that was plenty enough. If she wanted to help, let her; he'd deal with the shame of it when he could handle it.

<style>
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 314 // Points :: 3

Rio let go of the man when she saw that he was supporting himself on the couch. No need to hold on to him.. unless she was the one that needed the support – and it wasn’t in this case. Maybe it was because he was so damn attractive - Rio scoffed at herself for that one. She needed to stop being so desperate. She carefully let him support himself, letting him sit back on the couch. "Alright," she nodded as he accepted her offer and got up off of the couch. ”Lie down, and I’ll be back.” Then she went into her room and into her bathroom and gathered a few things that she would need – gauze, a big squishy sponge (kind of like the carwash ones), and the jar of Aloe Vera gel. He didn't seem to need any stitches. Then she went back out and set them on the floor next to Harvey, and went downstairs.

She rushed toward the bathroom with the tub and collected a small bucket from the kitchen on her way over there. She set the bucket on the floor next to the bathtub and pulled the old curtain back out of her way. She always made sure she kept the tub full of fresh water, in case she would need it ever. Like now. Rio dipped the bucket in and took all the water she could fit and headed back upstairs with it, carefully.

She carefully set the bucket beside the couch and submerged the sponge in it. She squeezed the sponge to get all of the air out of it, and then began to clean what wounds she could spot first, gently. "Well, what caused these? A knife or a pair of claws?" At least to know the level of infection that she could be dealing with - totally for medical reasons. Had nothing to do with nosiness. Right...

Table by Miller <3
[/html]
[html]

((304))

Harvey

He smiled as Rio let go, not because he didn't appreciate her being there to help, or that he even minded her gentle touch, but was happy that he was no longer burdening her with his weight. He hated that he, as a male, had to be so dependant on her assistance, so proving to not only his "landlord", but to himself as well, that he was able to sit alone was reassuring to his self-esteem.

Ya got it, Miss Rio. Harvey smiled, easing himself down as the female got up and left to retrieve her items.

He stared up at the ceiling, body sore and throbbing as he tried to relax. The presence of the lovely Rio was calming, but then again, Harvey could usually find beauty in any kind creature, and it was understandable as to why he felt significantly better in the company of somebody with appeal than with a bloke much like the brute who gave him such a beating. Thinking over all that he'd been through since he first arrived, the aussie dog still had to admit that he was unbelievably lucky. Perhaps he'd gotten himself into a bit of a mess, but overall, he was surrounded by kind individuals and had a warm place to stay.

By the time he'd finished reminiscing, Rio had come back with her things.

He winced softly as she started cleaning his wounds, but smiled through it all.

Ah, figures... Guess I should of seen tha' comin'... Best t' answer 'er, don't 'ave t' get too far into it...

Claws... Teeth an' claws... He answered with little emotion behind his words. The Brit didn't usually speak in such a stoic way, but he was understandably still a bit peeved from the realization of what that coyote had done to him.

Ah, bloody 'ell...

<style>
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 344 // Points :: 0

She nodded to his answer as the water dripped down his chest and leaked through his fur onto the old couch. She didn’t care – she didn’t plan on being here forever, and she doubted anyone else did either. Harvey was the only one left as of yet – soon she would be gone to Cour des Miracles, and Itzal was already back in Anathema. Blood and water stained the couch, but it was nothing to her. She carefully sponged the blood away from Harvey’s wounds, but wasn’t concentrated on that. Instead, as she gently cleaned him, she looked at his face. ”Feeling better?” She knew she would feel a bit of relief knowing that the infection was being cleaned out of her skin. Though, she wasn’t done yet.

His face was pleasurable to look at. He could be titled as 'eye candy', if the case were present. She didn't mind helping him, and hoped it would boost his outlook on her as well. Maybe by her being helpful and kind, she would be able to find a mate - someday soon! For some reason, it was extremely hard for Rio to find a mate. She noticed that all the guys she found interest in were either mated or just players. She shook her head lightly - she needed to be focusing on healing this man, not whether he would find her attractive enough to date or not! Rio snorted, back to work.

There were a few obvious marks on his arms and chest that she happily dabbed with the sponge. She cleaned all the dried blood and dirt away, and hopefully the infection too. Though, the Aloe Vera gel should take care of that as well. ”Where are the rest of your wounds?” She was already done cleaning the ones she could see from his position on the couch, but she didn’t know where else he needed cleaning. After the cleaning, she would move to the Aloe Vera gel and then bandaging if he needed it. Possibly, the bleeders would need to be bandaged more.

Table by Miller <3
[/html]
[html]

((543))

Harvey

It was relieving already, as the waster seemed to clean the wounds well enough to ease the aussie dog of some pain. He knew leaving them unwashed would most probably lead to infection, as well, so it was extremely appreciated that Rio was tending to his cuts so accurately and carefully.

He nodded, Yeh, dovey, it's feelin' much be'er, it is. But, oh... Seems t' be makin' quite a mess of your couch. I can clean tha' up for ya if you'd like, I should of pro'ly found a place t' clean meself up outside. The Brit said with a soft laugh to follow. It was the least he could do for the help, and he'd feel less guilty, especially if the sofa was something she cared to keep nice.

Harvey watched her as she worked, smiling some. he never thought he'd rely so much on a female, yet here he was not only being cared for by one, but also living in the home in her possession. Some how, though, despite his ego, he didn't mind it, perhaps because he was far too grateful to be annoyed.

It was impolite to stare, so he kept looking in occasional glances. He didn't want to cause discomfort between them, but she wasn't a horrid site to look at herself. Harvey wondered why a pretty young woman like herself, fully capable of holding her own and being there to help about the house, was alone (besides the canine's she'd let stay in her home). Of course, though, being polite (and especially due to his being British), the red merle male kept the question a mystery, as it'd be rude to pry into something so personal, and even worse for a man to be so invasive to a lady.

Ya seemed t' 'ave gotten most of 'em, love, the brute got 'imself a good gnaw at me arm... Back of me 'ead may be a bit bumped, but I doubt anyfin' seriously wrong wif it... Harvey smiled, sitting himself up again.

He was one to always speak his mind, which more often then not got him in trouble, but this time, he really wouldn't find anything rude to say if he tried. Cheers... For bein' such a 'elp t' me. Harv nodded, hoping she'd understood his term for 'thanks'. I know I said the first day I met ya tha' I'd try an' make it up t' ya for lettin' me live 'ere... The cockney dog couldn't help but give a pathetic laugh, shaking his head a bit as he did so, An' 'ere I am needin' more of your 'elp. 'Sposed t' be the bloke, the... The man! 'Ere t' protect the one I owe, not the ovah way 'round.

The Brit sighed. He'd tried to keep of the subject of him feeling less by her providing so much for him, mostly because he felt it useless to bring up, and tried, usually, to keep his emotions out of conversation, especially with a lady. It had slipped. He shook his head, his smile returning as he looked back at her with his bi-coloured brown and blue eyes.

Yeh, maybe I can still make it up t' ya sometime... Harvey Butler nodded, Jus' let me know.

<style>
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 327 // Points :: 3

Rio continued to scrub his skin as gently as she could. He sat up, and she wasn’t done yet, but she let him go. There were only a few more wounds that he would be able to get to himself if he wished to clean them outside. She nodded, ”I hope not.” Then she allowed him to get up if he wanted to. She flopped the sponge back in the pail, and sat back on the floor with her legs curled under her on the right side. As he said his own form of ‘thank you’, she smiled and dipped her head. ”A pleasure. And you don’t have to make it up to me, but if you wish – I’m sure you’ll find something.” She wanted a moment with him to just talk, and learn about him. He seemed interesting to her and she wanted to know him more. Maybe that was a way that he could pay her back – just to be able to hang out with her for a little while.

Rio looked up at the handsome shepherd, and nodded. ”Maybe we can hang out sometime… Just to get acquainted before I leave.” She was leaving. She already had it planned out – the 27th. Two days… The sudden realization made Rio’s thoughts jumble a bit – she had no time left. Well, she would have to invite Harvey to her new home once she got all settled. Switching her thoughts back to the present, she looked up at him on the couch. ”You can clean the rest of your wounds out in the yard if you’d like – or I can clean them.” She pointed her nose to the bucket, ”Don’t worry about the couch. Everything in here in stained and dirty anyway. Nothing worth keeping extremely clean.” All the furniture in the small house was either stained or dirty or broken… Nothing was worth keeping nice – unless she planned to take it back to Cour des Miracles.

Table by Miller <3
[/html]
[html]

((475)) --

Harvey

Well, I already feel much be'er, tha' was really what I needed, it was. Harvey nodded, standing up slowly and easy, as not to tear at wounds worse, or cause pain to his sore legs. It wasn't, now, much that he was cut, but rather the fact that the swift moving and long walk home had left his body worn. His muscles were tense and his legs felt like they were throbbing. The Brit stretched some, carefully still, then sat back down with a heavy sigh.

He glanced back to her and listened with a gentle smile on his face. Though he was large and scared, he was generally known for having a friendly expression, most likely due to his folded ears and blotchy colouring. When thinking of breeds that could be considered intimidating, australian shepherds weren't a common type to come up, he didn't imagine. Nonetheless, he didn't dislike that he could have a sweeter look to him then most with his background.

Ah, ya say I don't 'ave t', but knowin' me for even such a sort time, ya should know I do. I can't jus' take this sort of advantage ovah ya an' not even offah. Trust me, if I find somefin' I can do t' 'elp, I'll make this up t' ya... Harv laughed softly, Want t' show ya 'ow appreciative I am for your 'elp an' kindness an' all. An', besides, tha's 'ow a proper gentleman should treat a lovely lil' bird like yourself! The cockney dog finished with a grin, tail wagging some, swaying against the couch.

The red merle luperci tilted his head some in curiousity. Leavin'? In 'ow long? There were other questions he'd like to ask, like Where are you doing? or What are you doing to do with this place when you go?, but being raised as he was, personal questions were left unasked; it was polite not to get into the business of others, especially ladies.

Well, anyway... The dog smiled, Of course we can 'ang out! Would be nice t' finally get t' speak t' ya, I mean really speak wif ya.

When his wounds were brought back up to attention, he looked down at himself to see what damage was done, and how well he looked after the cleaning. He'd nearly forgotten he'd been attacked at all, and upon inspecting his body, his white pelt now free of blood and dirt, Harvey could hardly even believe it anymore! Planning to perhaps in the near future share a moment of conversation with his new friend had taken his mind off of the horrible event that had only moment ago taken place. He couldn't help but to smile at that.

I'll take care of them, perhaps, in a moment. It's nice t' be able t' sit down for now. Harvey admitted, tail wagging still.

<style>
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 345 // Points :: 3 Ooc.

Rio beamed at the comment. He was handsome, and he could give her compliments all day long – and still get a great big smile in return. Her own tail swayed delicately behind her. She gazed up at him, hearing his tail scrape against the couch and thump here and there with happiness. ”Thank you, Harvey.” Finally, she looked away, a little bashful as it was obvious he noticed and appreciated her beauty. She toyed with the stained carpet with one of her white fingers out of awkwardness.

When the embarrassment blew over, and a new topic was brought up, Rio looked back up at him. ”Two days.” Then her attention shifted back to the carpet, ”I’m going to Cour des Miracles. I’m going to take everything I have from here – leaving this house to you, to do whatever you please with it.” Since Itzal left, it was all Harvey’s now. She answered all of his questions like she read his mind or something, but they were just obvious questions that went with the explanation of her new plans. ”If you do wanna hang out – we can either do it tomorrow or I can come and visit you in about a week or so?” Visiting him sounded weird, as they lived together for about two months.

She wasn’t rushing him – a week to herself did sound good – and she didn’t mind coming back to Halifax to visit him. He was worth it – the travel. Plus, if Cour des Miracles got stressful for her – she would be able to use the home and away from home for a bit. Rio spoke to him without looking at him, but her voice was very audible as the house was quiet now that it was just them there. ”Would you ever join a pack?” Rio was curious as to know whether the dog-man would actually take on wolf ways. He should, as a pack wasn’t just about hierarchy and doing the alpha’s bidding – it was family, in some cases, and a chance to fit in somewhere, as Rio saw it.

Table by Miller <3
[/html]
[html]
((463)) --

Her smile, Harvey had to admit, was radiant. Not only did the cockney male find it beautiful simply because of the lovely young she-wolf committing it, but knowing that his words had possibly caused something so mirthful and sweet appear on her face left him somewhat giddy. In his past, he only brought along hatred and fear, innocent citizens done wrong by his actions spitting at his name and cowering due to his rather putrid reputation as a member in his mafia-like company.

It was nice to see a change like what he was experiencing now; he had made somebody smile.

No problem at all, lil' bird... Harvey grinned back softly, ...Ya should smile more often, Miss Rio... It suits ya, it does.

The expression of some sort of pride left him when he listened to what else was said. Two days? Oh, love, tha's pre'y soon! Not a lot of time t' get out or anyfin'... An'... Me? The Brit was somewhat stunned. He'd moved in with the generous Rio thinking he'd stay temporarily, not because he didn't like the place, but because he wanted something of his own, to prove to himself and others, his independence, and ability. He'd never expected to own this abode. Are ya sure? Tha's... Quite a large offah, Miss Rio. Though... Of course I'd keep it all tidied up, an' such. Tha' way... When ya visit...? He shrugged.

He wouldn't mind spending time to talk tomorrow, but a week wasn't anything impossible to live through, either. He surely wouldn't die without the company, and it was better than a permanent leave.

His signature smile returned, tail wagging again, I'll keep it tidy. Of course you're free t' visit when ya fancy, dovey.

A heavy sigh left the red blotched aussie dog as he leaned back some. He'd thought about joining a pack recently, but was just unsure of which to really get more information on. He knew Inferni was a lost cause, with him being pure Australian Shepherd, but the others, he thought over. He'd tried to talk to members of some of them, to get a better feel of what the family-like community would be like, but so far, he wasn't completely sure where his path would lead him.

I plan t', I do... Jus' not sure which one. Harvey Butler smiled. It may have been a more wolf thing to do, and though he was not ashamed of being a dog at all (and was, in fact, usually bragging about the fact, for whatever reason he held it dear), even his time as a gangster in London proved beneficial when he needed assistance, protection, and a sense of being a part of something greater. But... The merle male shrugged some, I'll figure somefin' out...

<style type="text/css">
.razeharv-ooc {width:440px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.razeharv b {color:#f0e5e0; font-family:georgia, serif; text-shadow:#48392a 1px 1px 2px;}
.razeharv b:before {content:open-quote;}
.razeharv b:after {content:close-quote;}
.razeharv p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.razeharv {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#ab8763; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JO1W9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:#48392a 1px solid; padding:410px 0px 3px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#48392a; line-height:18px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: 285 // Points :: 0 Cute table !

Hearing that her smile was beautiful, in not so many words, made her smile even wider and then eventually look down again. ”Thank you, Harvey.” She raised her dusk colored eyes back up to him again, and raised a hand to touch his cheek. ”You’d be a lot more handsome if you smiled more as well.” She smiled a toothy grin at him. Not that he wasn’t a handsome sad person, but everyone looked a lot more radiant when they were happy.

Seeing his pure bliss when she offered him the house was much more fulfilling than even being in his good-looking presence. She continued to smile widely seeing his excitement. ”You’re worth it - I mean, I would rather leave it to someone responsible than just leave it.” Might as well give it to him since there would be no one else living there aside from him - but she didn't tell him in that way. She enjoyed his excitement and could tell that he felt special. She liked making others feel special; it gave her a nice feeling in her core as well. It was a win/win situation.

Rio cocked her head sensing the man’s confusion. ”Well, if you want to stick around the area - Cour des Miracles is a nice place. It’s a good place to make a fresh start, if you know what I mean.” Not that he did, and not that she really knew that what she had said really applied to him. ”I would like to still have you around.” Her eyes had left him earlier in the conversation, but then returned and she nodded reassuring that what she said was true. His company was pleasant.

Table by Miller <3
[/html]
[html]
((401)) Isn't it lovely! Raze made it for me. ;u;

He leaned into her touch some, sighing softly of content. Hm. Would I? Well, I guess I should do so, huh? Seein' as I 'ave plenty enough t' smile 'bout... He said with a grin. Be'er?

The Brit could still hardly believe the offer. A whole house, just... Given away like that? To him? It wasn't that he was an untrustworthy guy, but he had convinced himself that all this luck he'd been granted with so far was only beginner's luck, in a way, being new to the land, and soon to wear off as time went by... But that didn't seem the case!

Though, then, he also had to think about what stakes were made to give him ownership of the place; if he were to have it, that means that not only Rio, but Itzal, a stranger he'd actually ended up having a pleasurable conversation with, and looked forward to getting to know more, would be gone as well. Who would be left?

I'd be all alone 'again, I would... Harvey huffed, looking down to the floor. His body was sore again, all of a sudden. Not unbearably so, but talking with Rio had gotten his mind off the pain. Now that he realized where his future was leading to know, it had all come back.

He could live without them, sure, but it was always a sad thing when a friend had to leave.

After a moment, he looked back to the she-wolf close to him. Ya will come an' visit me, won't ya, ducky? I mean... If I can't get into Cour... Cour de... Uhm... The cockney canine huffed and brushed it off, Well... Y'know what I mean.

His own blue and brown eyes caught the gaze of her look, and felt the seriousness of the statement. It brought a small smile back to his blotchy face. Yeh... Yeh, tha' would be nice... Not like we ain't nevah goin' t' see each ovah 'gain now, is it!

Tha's it... Fink positive, ol' boy!

It'll all be fine... Jus' 'ope t' be able t' wish ya luck 'fore ya go an' leave.. If tha's alright, of course. The red merle luperci shrugged. Harv winced some, but got over it just as quickly. He felt if she had to leave, and was giving him the entire estate to do with what he wanted... He could at least say goodbye.

<style type="text/css">
.razeharv-ooc {width:440px; font-size:10px; font-family:verdana; font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
.razeharv b {color:#f0e5e0; font-family:georgia, serif; text-shadow:#48392a 1px 1px 2px;}
.razeharv {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#ab8763; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JO1W9.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:#48392a 1px solid; padding:410px 0px 3px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#48392a; line-height:18px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

(292) I PMed you Smile

Rio smiled largely herself, ”Yes.” His smile was the most handsome she had seen yet. Maybe Rio liked her men with a bit of a mysterious past – she really couldn’t tell herself. She never had a romantic relationship with anyone yet. She wished she had more experience with those – from what she was told, they sounded fun. Hearing the nicknames he gave her made her feel warm and fuzzy inside. They were weird, and she never thought anyone would call her a ‘duck’ before, but she didn’t mind. They sounded cute and they suited her in that way – that was all that mattered. ”Of course I will, love..” She cleared her throat, ”Harvey.” Though, the use of her word ‘love’ was only a nickname for him as well – a nice one.

”I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to – I mean, if you tried.” It was true – Cour des Miracles did like peaceful wolves to join their court, but what she could see from Harvey despite his unknown past, he would fit right in. Rio nodded, understanding that Harvey didn’t exactly want to just get up and join a pack. ”Yeah, I’ll come to see you often. As often as you would want me to come since I’m pretty nearby.” She would come every day if he wanted her to. Rio’s dedication to others was strange – and it was probably because she was too nice.

She planned to leave in two days’ time, and she hoped she would see Harvey when she came back for her stuff. She probably would since she would need to pack Vitalia up with all her belongings and wave her final goodbye to the house she lived in for a few months, but it felt like forever.

<style>
.lilskull-text {padding:0px 9px;}
.lilskull i {color:# 7b616b; font-style:italic;}
.lilskull b {color:#5f5473; font-weight:bold;}
.lilskull {width:450px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#4b3152; background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/15wf141.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:0px 0px 280px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#7b616b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

((253)) Sorry for the late replyyyy! I was busier than I thought I'd be. ;n;

Harvey

His laugh was soft, not only due to the tone of the conversation, but also because he was still a bit sore (or maybe tired, by now, he couldn't tell much of a difference). Then I'll jus' 'ave t' smile more 'round you... Harvey nodded, ...Shouldn't be too 'ard. He added with another smug grin, purposely looking for a reaction.

Admittedly, he enjoyed flattering people, male or female, and got a sort of amusement in doing so, but despite his entertainment by it, his words were still sincere.

Great! Harv laughed again, a little louder this time, See? So it's not like it's forevah. Tha' would be quite a shame, it would.

He noticed the term of endearment, but to him, it was a common one that Brits often called men and women they cared for. It did warm him some, however, the cockney canine reassured of their friendship that should continue.

Yeh... Well, I'll be the one wif nofin' much t' do... So jus' drop by whenevah you feel! Chances are if I'm not 'ere, I'm back t' wonderin' 'bout, but I fink for at least a lil' while, I'll be content shacked up 'ere. Until I get well, an' such... He said with a shrug.

The red merle dog sighed softly, holding back a yawn, which he felt, engaged, would be incredibly impolite whilst in conversion (or in company at all). Right. Then... A week, you said? T' come back an' gavah up your fin's?

He'd look forward to the meeting.

<style>
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]
[html]

(283) It’s alright =] I don’t get to my replies as often as I’d like either >.<

Rio’s smile was fading, but as soon as she saw the smug smile of Harvey’s, it brightened up again. This time, with teeth. ”Good. It looks good on you, healthy.” Happiness was always a sign of health, in some form or another. Rio nodded to the rest of his words, having not much else to say to them, but agreement. As he questioned her expiration date (in a sense), she nodded, confirming it.

His next statement bothered her, and she didn’t know why. It wasn’t like she expected him to stay here forever and ever after, but she didn’t think about how the house would be without any inhabitants. It was a great couple of months living there with her roommates, and she hoped to keep people staying there. She wanted to at least, and the house would always have a sense to home, hers, to it. She couldn’t imagine the former liveliness of it to fall to a dark, quiet kind of air. It was just too cozy to become dark and cold. The thought still bothered her a little, even though she knew it would come inevitably one day.

She noticed the yawn Harvey fought to hold back, and got up from her spot. She stood before him, ”Alright. Well, don’t mind me. I’m just going to make some preparations for my trip, downstairs. Get some rest.” She patted the brute lightly on the shoulder, gave him one last smile and then headed downstairs. She went straight to the kitchen and packed herself a little snack for the ‘road’. She would need it, especially with her introduction getting to her and her stomach acting up and getting all weird. Nerves sucked.

<style>
.lilskull-text {padding:0px 9px;}
.lilskull i {color:# 7b616b; font-style:italic;}
.lilskull b {color:#5f5473; font-weight:bold;}
.lilskull {width:450px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#4b3152; background-image:url(http://i47.tinypic.com/15wf141.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:0px 0px 280px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#7b616b; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
((303)) Ending with this post, if that's alright~

Well, 'ave t' keep meself lookin' nice, 'specially 'round such a lovely fin' as you, Miss Rio. Or else, I'd pro'ly put ya t' shame, I would... He smirked, full of compliments still. He enjoying keeping others happy, and it helped him to focus on something other than being angry all the time. Since his arrival and the good luck he'd been "blessed" with, Harvey Butler had improved greatly with his issues regarding his hidden past. He still had outbursts now and again, and more times then not he'd end up swearing at himself or punching a tree nearby to release his tension, but as he showed himself to others, he was a gentleman, and was very much pleased with that impression.

There was no way that the red merle Brit would let the house fall to pieces. If anything, he planned to use it as Rio had, and take in people who needed shelter from the elements and a nice, warm place to rest. He was so generously handed everything by the selfless woman, and the least he could do was carry on her charity. At least, if he was to call himself at least half the gentleman as Rio was a proper lady, he'd keep the house tidied up and respected, as well as open to those in dire need.

He smiled back at her when she patted him on the shoulder. Right. Well, guess I'll see ya soon enough, love... 'Ave a good night, an' don't forget t' drop by aftah you're gone. Harv nodded, Else I may go crazy by me lonesome. Hm. Night, ducky. The cockney canine laughed softly before reached his hand up to give hers a gentle squeeze. With the gesture, along with another smug look, Harvey was off to his room, and headed to bed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]