I can teach you about the Stars
[html]

OMG so short...x.x

The Marino man was slowly coming to terms with the loss of a litter but was wondering anxiously about another that might or might not be his. He thought about tracking down Adriana, but the woman seemed clear on wanting to do this on her own, that Aro wasn't necessarily needed. Still, if any were his, he wanted to know. He wanted to be in the pups life. Aro wouldn't let any family go.

For now, though, he would distract himself with Raoth and find the little coyote and see how his lessons were going. He was curious if the man was figuring out the words and how they were to be used.

<style>
.am-sdb0109 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.am-sdb0109 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.am-sdb0109 b {color:#6c1a46; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.am-sdb0109 {background-color:#e7e0de; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/lTSFF.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.am-sdb0109-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.am-sdb0109 .inner {margin:10px 10px 400px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
He wasn't far from where Aro was. He never was. Occasionally a nightmare sent him roaming farther than normal, but he was always within howling distance. Currently he was scowling down at a piece of paper, working on writing out the words that he wanted. He wanted to tell Aro something. It was just really, really hard to write. Not only was his vocabulary limited in what he knew how to write, he also didn't have a clue how Aro would take what he had written. The phrase I am free was scribbled all over the paper, in various stretches of the spelling.

Then scratched out, and Raoth would try again to tell Aro that he wasn't a slave. Except he was. He couldn't help it. Whatever had been done to him, it made him completely incapable of breaking free. Tearing up the paper to shreds Raoth huffed with frustration, watching the pieces flicker down. Movement caught his eye, looking over to see Aro approaching him, a heavy look on his features. Standing up Raoth brushed the pieces of paper off his body and grinned, tail wagging.
[html]

Out of character

Word Count → 000

It appeared Raoth had really been gnawing over those words. He appeared to be working on something as the tuxedo Marino approached. Glancing down as Aro closed their distance to see what the coyote was working on, but the man tore it up and the pieces went everywhere, "...hey, no need to get so frustrated with your lessons..what was it you were working on?" The man stood brushing the pieces off of him and gave him a grin, tail wagging. "Show me, I'd like to help you, if you would allow it." Aro said his voice soft, though still quite rugged sounding. He gave the coyote a hug. "I've kinda missed you while I was in the dumps..I'm glad you stick around Raoth...it feels good to know you have my back...just thought I'd let you know.." He looked into the sweet coyote's eyes.

Even though Raoth was very rough around the edges, he was a very sweet man, whether he admitted it or not. Aro truly loved the coyote and would lay his life down for him. The italian wolf would do anything for the coyote.

<style>
.arowolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5wuyr.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#ffd6ff; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; color:#877887; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arowolf b {color:#5b3a9c; text-shadow:#877887 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.arowolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.arowolf p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.arowolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #5b3a9c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
Looking at the pieces fluttering through the air he shrugged, not really feeling like talking about what he'd done. Tongue or no tongue, he still had to find ways to avoid conversations it seemed. Aro understood him too well, Raoth not needing words to say what he needed. Besides, what he'd been writing was silly. He wasn't free, he was attached to Aro in a way that he couldn't even explain. It was worse in some ways than the chains he'd worn when with Amy. At least he liked Aro. At least he enjoyed being around the wolf, and loved everything that he was given. Even if he didn't trust that it wouldn't go away. All his life he'd been on his own after all.

The sudden hug surprised Raoth, tensing up a little before he relaxed. Awkwardly he did his best to return the hug before quickly letting go again. It was a warm feeling. It actually felt pretty nice. He almost wanted to linger. Almost. His fears were still more powerful than that, though Raoth would never have called them that. A dread thought struck him then. What if he did become free? Would Aro send him away then? Tell him to go away, that he needed a slave, and not some savage coyote? Perhaps it was better this way, remaining with him. Nodding he looked down, glad that he couldn't speak. He wouldn't have to try to tell Aro how that made him feel, telling him it was worth it.
[html]

Out of character

Word Count → 560

He was a little amused still by how Raoth wasn't used to being hugged. If it wasn't so awkward Aro would kiss the damn coyote but knew that would just make things more uncomfortable for Raoth than he already felt. He smiled then bent down to try and read what he had been working on. Picking the pieces up and trying to put them back together. If Aro only knew what that the coyote felt like he was still a slave, Aro would quickly tell him differently. Aro never saw the coyote as a slave, but then again he had never told him he wasn't. His ears perked when the word free caught his eyes. Had he put that word on the list? He didn't think so, then he found the two other words. His brows came together as he tried to line them up into the sentence.

His ears perked forward and his eyes lite up, "Do you feel free?" His eyes looked to the coyote, joy filling his voice. "..Raoth, there is nothing more than I want for you than for you to be free. I want you to no longer be a slave, I just don't want Amy to know that I intend for your freedom. I don't want you to ever be forced into slavery again..it is why I've still kept you as you are.." He was trying to explain it, feeling the coyote needed to know Aro's plans. "From the moment I met you and learned of your situation I wanted your freedom. Amy made it clear that I couldn't buy it, so I bought you as a slave and made an agreement with her. I have only honored it because I'm not one to break a pact. But please, I don't want you to leave her, I love your company. I love our bond. I will grant you your true freedom, I promise you that...even if you intend to leave my side.." His last set of words held sorrow. Aro truly wanted the coyote to stay with him. To be there for spars, hunts, and all around fun. He never once thought of Raoth as a slave, nor called him one in the present tense. To the Marino, he wasn't one at all, Raoth was Aro's friend and he knew there had been a few times he'd called Raoth that....to his face.

He let the pieces fall, "I spar with you because I want you to beat me..because then I know you can defend yourself from others you'd try and put you back into slavery. I hunt with you because...if you left me I would know that you can feed yourself if you decided you no longer wanted me around you...I spend time with you as fun because I care about you and love to see your smile...when you have one. Also.." He laughed some, "I let you watch Buck because I know you won't hurt him, because I know deep down you too bonded with the fawn...even if it is just a little bit...and I trust you won't hurt him..." His eyes sparked with humor as he remembered how apposed Raoth was to the fawn, but knew after the few times Buck cuddled the coyote, Raoth too had become protective of the baby creature.

<style>
.arowolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/5wuyr.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#ffd6ff; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:360px 0px 5px 0px; color:#877887; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.arowolf b {color:#5b3a9c; text-shadow:#877887 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.arowolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #5b3a9c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]
No! Raoth did his best to snatch the pieces, gathering as many as he could. The sentence had been written a lot of times unfortunately, trying to convince himself of that fact. All Aro really needed were a few scraps of the whole, and he would know the truth. Desperately he gathered them up, but the wolf still managed to beat him. Ears pasted back he quickly backed up, watching Aro read the words. This was not good. He didn't want this to be discovered. Would he be chained now? Traded back to Amy as faulty? Would Aro tell him to leave?

That was not the reaction he'd expected. Anger and violence, the way that his world always was. That was what he had expected. Instead, Aro sounded delighted. Perhaps he'd been burdened with having a slave? If so, why had he bought Raoth? His eyes widened as Aro spoke, explaining his reasoning. He'd been bought to be set free? Just a secret from Amy? If that was true, he really could have left all those times. Yet he hadn't. He couldn't bring himself to leave the pack. No, that wasn't true. He couldn't bring himself to leave Aro.

The words sent a small zap through Raoth. Not an entirely unpleasant one. Listening to him speak his tail wagged, unable to stop smiling as the words spilled out. Sparring, always improving was a pleasure for him. Hunting could be enjoyable, but learning that Aro had known he had a soft spot for the deer did him in, stepping closer to Aro. If only he could speak, tell him how much he liked that. How much he appreciated those actions. He wanted to pay it back, to give something to Aro in exchange for everything he'd been given. But what?
[html]

Omg I tears fell reading Raoth reply <3

Word Count → 270

Aro initially thought Raoth was embarrassed, so he had to know what had the made all scuttling about. Then the worry that came to Raoth, he didn't understand it and it fueled Aro more to tell him everything so he needn't worry. Raoth's reaction made him grin, if only he knew how contagious the smile he had was. As Raoth came closer Aro was more than compelled to grab him in a friendly embrace before letting him ease away as he knew he'd want to. Aro just couldn't help but hug the coyote. He was so cute in a rough edged way. "Don't think I haven't noticed you running away those few times..I've always had an eye on you...I just didn't let myself be known when you went off on your own those few times. I wanted you to feel free when you came here. I wanted you to choose what he felt." He remember how he ran for the borders in full sprint as if something would grab him and jerk him back, but nothing did. Raoth came back on his own accord.

"I really hope you do want to stay here...with me. You've become a part of my life, and I would really miss you if you left.." Aro gave a warm grin, his hand came to softly rub with the flow of his cheek fur. It was impulse and really without thought..it just felt right at the time. But as quickly as it happened, he pulled his hand back almost feeling stupid for doing it...it just felt right...

<style>

</style>
[/html]
A rapturous smile set on Aro's features as Raoth moved closer. It had been a good choice then. He'd been afraid that the wolf would turn on him, but so far things were continuing on a good path. He didn't have to worry or panic. Dragged into another hug Raoth would have licked at Aro's chin, if he had a tongue to do such things. He just stayed there briefly against the warmth before he slipped away again. Would he ever be completely comfortable with the touch of another? He did want to like the hugs.

He'd been there? All those times Raoth had fought and struggled to be able to leave Aro behind, and the wolf had always been there, keeping an eye on him. Did that mean that he'd never truly had a chance to escape? The sudden warm stroke across his cheek panicked Raoth. His mind flashed back to all those times Dhiate had touched him, invoking those strange lustful feelings in him despite them both being male. The hand left him, but the confusion of feelings didn't. He'd stay though. Looking around he picked up a scrap, and carefully wrote out that single word.
Aro noticed this time the coyote allowed himself to linger in the embrace. It made Aro's grin warmer. He didn't stop the younger man from pulling away some, the hand that caressed him seemed to cause mixed emotions to shine in his eyes. Aro realized it was probably something he shouldn't have done. He never wanted to cause turmoil in Raoth. The man then picked up a piece of scrap paper and wrote on it. Aro took it gently and read what was said. He looked to it for a moment, a large smile grew on the man. His eyes looked to Raoth, "There would be nothing more that I would love than for you to stay Raoth!" He pulled the man to him, hand gently, but firmly on the back of the coyote's neck, and kissed his forehead.

Aro could feel something stirring in him, a feeling he hadn't had since he was around Gathom those many years ago. It was an odd feeling that stirred, but he didn't act on it, just acknowledged the odd stirring in his body.
Aro accepted the small scrape, Raoth waiting. There wasn't worry or hope in his eyes, just a cold acceptance of what the result might be. He still struggled with the knowledge that he had to work with others, and that it was about more than just himself. Facing the chance of rejection he slipped on the mask of not caring, that it was just him making this decision without anyone else being affected by it. The grin on Aro's face teased a small smirk from Raoth, trying to be cocky.

He wasn't too sure how to react to the words. Joy? Embarrassment? Just brush it off? He tried to do all of it, a simple expression of acceptance coming out instead, as if he'd known that would be the result all along instead of silently stewing. He let Aro pull himself close, finding his blood boil when a kiss was planted against him. His tail swayed, wanting more of the contact and unsure why that was. His eyes fixed on the ground, leaning against Aro without moving.
Raoth didn't move away once he let the coyote go, all he did is lean in more. Aro was a little confused by this but then wondered. Curiosity gripped the Marino and he then pulled the youthful coyote closer, and daringly kissed his cheek, almost wanting to kiss the lips of the coyote but pulled back, releasing Raoth. "...I'm sorry..I.." He felt embarrassed. Aro didn't know what he was doing. He knew the thoughts that plagued his mind around some males was odd, and he almost feared them. He'd never really talked to his dad about them, and here he was almost kissing Raoth like he did women, but was too shy too.

Aro's ears went back and he looked down in boyish embarrassment.
It was good to just have contact without being afraid of anything. Relaxing wasn't easy for him to do. For the coyote it was easier to hit someone, and to fight, then to actually get along with someone and let his walls come down. Aro's presence always soothed him though, and he was finally gentling and learning to get along with others. It wouldn't have been possible if Aro wasn't always so patient with him. Raoth remained where he was, perhaps for a beat too long. If he'd just been his normal self it wouldn't have happened.

He was pulled closer to Aro, the movement tensing the coyote a little. Orange eyes wide and trusting he looked up to Aro, wondering what the older male was going to do. Another hug? A pat on the back? The coyote leaned back when Aro came down, a burning warmth flooding through him at the kiss. Pushing himself loose he held a hand up to his cheek, cupping it over where he'd been kissed. What was that? Why had he done that? Panicked now he looked over to Aro, eyes narrowed.

The embarrassment seemed genuine enough, though Raoth was suspicious now. It wasn't like the kiss was a bad feeling, but he hadn't wanted it. He wasn't some girl that was going to pucker up his lips and kiss back. Growling a little he reached over, pushing gently at Aro, trying to turn it into just teasing each other. It couldn't really have any deeper meaning. Raoth shoved the kiss away, willing to forget it. Well, he was going to try. It was going to be difficult with how sensitive he now was about where Aro had kissed him.
Aro was being more self-conscious than he'd ever been since Nayru. His head was bowed down, but then he almost felt offended by the nudge he was given. He looked up, then realized what was going on. A warm smile spread over him and he gently shoved back a chuckle spread over him. He was almost tempted to turn this into a wrestle match, but just chuckled waiting to see what would happen now. His ocean stare falling onto his charge. "...want another lesson?" He smiled, "I can help more with those words.." He smiled now letting the situation fall from him.

Raoth was nothing like the women he'd been around. Well, hell, he was a male. But even if something did happen...like that, ever again. It would be different, surely. Raoth meant a lot to Aro. A lot more than he let on, or showed. This was very complicated, and that small kiss was would have surely complicated things a lot more if Raoth hadn't just brushed it off....or did he? They needed to let it go...there was more to focus on.
His master wasn't even looking at him. Well, if Raoth could still use those words to describe who they were to each other. He wasn't so sure about that anymore. It was the term he felt fit Aro the best though, so until he came up with something better he'd just have to keep on referring to Aro that way. Not that anyone other than him would know. Aro seemed offended by the shove, Raoth spreading his hands in a peaceful manner. He'd never attack Aro or do anything to hurt the male. He just wasn't wired that way. He could kill a canine, but not Aro.

The return shove relaxed Raoth a little, though he wasn't as relaxed as he'd been before the kiss. It was difficult to not reach up and touch it again, or to reach over and touch Aro's cheek where the kiss would have been on the wolf. Nodding his head he looked around, grabbing some paper that had survived his temper and scribbled over it. More words. It would be good if he had a larger vocabulary to speak to others with. It was very limiting as things were right now.
OOC: Figured this could wrap it up, if that's okay :3 You can add whatever you wants :3

Aro smiled warmly to Raoth, wanting him to know that he wasn't upset with him. He was upset with himself. He knew things were complicated...but then again, was anything easy with Aro? Relationship wise that is. Aro could make friends easily, that was no problem...but keeping it just friends was something else. Most didn't understand his sexual manner, and even then, sometimes grew into more than just casual. Rio wasn't too keen on understanding casual. Sidra actually began to ban him from casual sexual encounters. And now it didn't seem to stop at females. Raoth couldn't be casual though...he knew that, and that would just complicate things way too much..

Aro looked to the paper and he smiled sitting down and getting out the large notebook he found in a venture to Halifax. "..alright here are some more words for us to practice together.." And the lesson began.

Aro showed Raoth how to make sentences and explained how they worked and made it so Raoth could read easier. Most of it was taken on faith that he understood it. Other times he could tell by watching the coyote's expression. Aro smiled warmly to him through it all, and calmed him when he became frustrated. Not once did the black and white male become impatient with Raoth when he wrote something back wrong. Just tried to understand it and then showed him the correct word, and how it could be translated wrong.

Aro just made sure Raoth just got it right. If he tried to write to a stranger, the last thing he wanted was misunderstanding. Raoth was a hot-head...that was quite obvious, and misunderstandings could easily become a blood bath with the coyote.

They spent nearly all day just writing and working on it as long as Raoth wanted to. Then they got a meal together when he needed a break. Even had the opportunity to lay back and relax. Aro always tried to relax with Raoth at some point when working together. It was easy for the coyote to get mad and worked up, but not easy for him to relax. Aro wanted to teach Raoth patience. It was his biggest goal.
The smile was simple enough, forgiving of the coyote's flaws. Was it no wonder that Raoth hated it? He never felt that it could last with Aro. Something would change, and life would return to the way that Raoth was used to, fighting against everything to do what he wanted. He crouched down close to Aro, not completely resting as he studied the large notebook that was drawn forwards. It had a ton more paper than what Raoth had. It was good to see all of it, making him eager to start again. He would be able to communicate again.

The lesson ended up taking most of the day. It was slow work, Raoth wanting to rush ahead with Aro making sure that he actually understood what was being given before they moved on. It was easy enough to forget about the kiss, and put aside any other thoughts as he concentrated on the lesson. Only the slight tingle that he felt whenever Aro got too close remained as a reminder. The meal had been great, able to hunt it down swiftly. They made a good team at bringing down their prey.

With the day's end, Raoth stretched out in Aro's house. He stared at the ceiling, and couldn't stop replaying what had happened. Why had he felt that? He should have been disgusted. Perhaps even wanted to hurt Aro, if it hadn't been so wired in him to keep him safe. If only he understood what this was...