Dazed and Confused
[html]
.: OOC Wabanaki Coast area. All welcome! :: WC 400+ :.

Where am I? How did I get here? Golden eyes opened, first into small slits and then wider, head slowly rising so she could look around. She was laying on a bed of moss in a forest, but she had no clue what forest or why. Perky ears cupped and swiveled, taking in the cacophony of the forest. It was all normal; wind, trees swaying, leaves rustling, birds singing and rodents scurrying. No, it wasn’t all completely normal… there was another sound, low beneath it all, like far off static. She pondered for a moment… water, waves… she was near the ocean.

Black tipped nose twitched furiously as she scented the air. Yes, it confirmed her suspicions, salt and fish. She couldn’t be that far off from it. But, why did that matter, she suddenly realized. She wracked her brain, trying to remember how she got here, or why, but she couldn’t remember. What was going on? She wanted to panic, she knew she should panic, but there was some rock deep down within that kept her calm. It was almost like she had done this before, and knew that panicking never helped.

What she didn’t know – what she couldn’t remember – was that she had done this before. Over and over, waking up day after day in a panic, unable to remember what had happened or who she was. Each day she would frantically search for answers, hyperventilate, cry, scream, or simply lay in a catatonic lump of fur – all until she went to sleep, or fainted, only to wake up with no memory of the episode before and do it all over again.

Slowly, she got up to her paws. There didn’t seem to be any danger in the area, no scent of predators and the scent of other wolves was weak. She didn’t know where to go or what to do with herself, but her belly was empty and her throat dry so she let instinct reign and trotted through the verdant forest in search of water. She knew the coastal waters wouldn’t be drinkable, and she couldn’t fish… oh wait, could she?... she didn’t know if she could fish, so she stuck to the forest.

After an hour of wandering she found a pond that was fed by a babbling stream. She put her muzzle to the water and lapped for ages, well past the point of being full. When her thirst was sated and the ripples caused by her tongue subsided, she stared at her silver and white visage in the water. She knew this was her own reflection, but still the ochre eyes that stared back at her were unfamiliar.

“Who am I?” She whispered, but only got silent words from the image in the water.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.Titania_Waterfall .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:450px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.Titania_Waterfall p {padding:5px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px; text-align:justify;}
.Titania_Waterfall b {color:#e3f2ff; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.Titania_Waterfall { background-color:#020003; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Eahfs.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B2127; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.Titania_Waterfall .inner {margin:10px 10px 200px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EZOK2.png); background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
.Titania_Waterfall p:first-letter {font-size:25px;font-weight:normal;font-family:'Zeyada', cursive, comic sans ms;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
#3+
OOC: Shaw is speaking low speech of wolf, and because it's with a lack of a tongue it's still botched.

Shawchert met Sky, it was a reunion to remember... but he learned something. Something that would keep him from his original destination. Titania was no longer in New dawn. He knew he would have to look for her. She disappeared and that was all he needed to know and he couldn’t figure out how such a strong woman could leave her own pack. Then... she was also his daughter. He scouted around just outside the New Dawn Territory for a time and then moved out trying to see if he could scent her.

He had no luck on her scent but it seemed his luck was quick in changing. He found her by accident. He was going to the shores of the water to rest and get a better baring of where he was when he caught hte unmistakeable red and white of the young female. He stopped. The man saw his daughter and she looked stricken in a way that made him fear for her. He limped closer to her, his quiet way was now pretty much forever. He was no good at high speech and his low speech was autrocious, but it was understandable for those who knew the wolf’s low speech. He was afraid to say anything though. He’d become something else entirely since he was taken. He was not the father he once was and he was sure she wouldn’t forgive him... but he couldn’t help but move closer; “Titania?” The words were off a bit but without a tongue his growls and moans from his throat were all he could give to her. It was entirely different than that of the language he knew and used so well but now he had to go by instict. He hated himself for it, but right now it was about Titania, and why she left her life back in New Dawn.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b566b; }
.shawrain .ooc{font-style:italic; padding: 10px 15px 5px 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4c5658;text-align:center;text-shadow:none;}
.shawrain p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.shawrain .divider {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #a1c5f1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40);}
.shawrain {margin:0 auto; width:390px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... tsee-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #182835;}
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
[html]
.: X.x :: WC 200+ :.

So lost in her own reflection she was that she did not detect the stranger that limped up behind her in the foliage until he spoke. Her head jerked up and she looked his direction, but she was only responding to the voice rather than the name. He spoke low speech, a language she inherently understood, but for some reason she knew that this was not the norm.

Turning to face him, she took a few steps back, her tail low and ears tiled back with uncertainty as she eyed the stranger suspiciously. He was a large wolf, hulkingly large, but she saw the lameness of his leg and his many wounds at once. He spoke a broken version of the ancient wolf’s language, it was gruff but she understood the word he spoke to sound like a name.

She glared at him, confused, through eyes that held no spark of recognition. “Who are you?” Was the first thing that came from her mouth, blurted honestly and automatically in high speech. She kept distance between them as she looked him up and down. He was… familiar… perhaps… but still a stranger. Her eyes caught sight of a familiar shade of red fur. Where had she seen markings like that before? The memory of her own reflection just seconds before flashed in her mind. She had similar red streaks on her body. But it was just fur, it meant nothing.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:450px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.Titania_Waterfall p {padding:5px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px; text-align:justify;}
.Titania_Waterfall { background-color:#020003; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Eahfs.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1B2127; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.Titania_Waterfall .inner {margin:10px 10px 200px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EZOK2.png); background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
.Titania_Waterfall p:first-letter {font-size:25px;font-weight:normal;font-family:'Zeyada', cursive, comic sans ms;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
#3+
OOC: hwee fun~

To be standing where he was... and to see the expression of incomprehension on his daughters face.... broke his heart. Shawchert had to take a few minutes to recover from this and it seemed that she was deep in thought yet she could not remember who he was. He frowned a sigh and his one ear pulled back, sad to hear that she had no idea who he was. “What do you mean? I am your father.” How could she forget him. He was having a hard time standing in one spot, the leg that had been set wrong was paining him greatly and he knew he would have to find a place to sit or move, and he wasn’t leaving without answers.

His thoughts went wild in his mind, did she forget him on purpose? Was she that upset that she wanted to punish him? But she seemed to act as though she never saw him before and yet he was there for her as much as a father could who’s child was gone much of her life. This was a punishment. Another punishment and he knew it was to spite him. Yet he did not put the blame on the young woman he stood before; “I know you are mad... was gonna visit but things happen... Forgive me.” What else could he say? What happened to her? The conversation with Sky about her made him think.... but … it was hard to say. He came back to be with his daughter and help her with her pack, but now she was not in her pack. It was the reason he went here. The only reason. He knew that Juliet was doing fine he figured she was still with Orin because of her social inabilities and he knew that Titania’s pack was far from his ill lucked pack and far enough away from Salsola as well. But if she were here... well he would damn well make sure to help her how he can.... if she allowed him.

<style type="text/css">
.shawrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#b1f4ff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3b566b; }
.shawrain .ooc{font-style:italic; padding: 10px 15px 5px 15px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;color:#4c5658;text-align:center;text-shadow:none;}
.shawrain .divider {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #a1c5f1; margin:0 auto 3px auto;opacity:0.4;filter:alpha(opacity=40);}
.shawrain {margin:0 auto; width:390px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... tsee-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #052d61; padding: 350px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#a1c5f1; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #182835;}
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
[html]
.: X.x :: WC 500+ :.

For a moment she only stared at the stranger before her, then slowly shook her head, pinching her eyes shut as though she could shake off some terrible gremlin. He must be old, obviously he had barely survived the wilds judging by his injured leg and his scars, his torn ear. Odd that such a man, so large and assumingly capable of holding his own in a fight, would have been so injured by the world. Titania didn’t know that this was all the result of his enslavement. Titania didn’t even know that there was a pack in the region that kept slaves… in fact, she didn’t know of any pack in the area. She didn’t even know that she was Titania.

Opening her eyes again, she met his gaze, confusion wrought on her mien. “You can’t be my father, I’ve never seen you before in my life.” She said as though that was plain as day, and as though he should have known that. “You’ve got me mistaken for somebody else. I’m… I’m…”

She stopped, her clouded mind searching for an explanation that wasn’t there. How could she explain that she wasn’t his daughter when she didn’t know whose daughter she was? Tilting her head, she shook her head again, this time more gently, and then tilted her head to the side when she asked, “What was that name you called me?”

Her eyes scanned him over again, looking him up and down. Could he be her father? No, that was stupid, she would know who her father was. Only… she didn’t. She couldn’t tell him he was wrong because she couldn’t tell him who her father was… or her mother, for that matter… or… anyone…

Her heart began to race. A moment ago, before the stranger arrived, she was just uncertain where she was, she wasn’t thinking about other facets of her history so she didn’t know that she couldn’t remember them, but now the wanderer had slapped her in the face with it all. Panic was starting to set in. Her legs began to tremble so she lowered onto her rump and sat so she wouldn’t sway and fall. Her eyes turned to the pond again and she wondered if the rippled reflection she saw there really held any resemblance to the man, or if she was just imagining it.

That was when a soft breeze blew through the trees. The leaves overhead rustled, and above the canopy it was a gust, but down on the forest floor it was a slight draft, but enough to carry his scent to her. When her nose caught the scent she jerked her gaze back to him. Her memories… all of her memories… were gone… but the sense of smell was the strongest sense tied to memory, and within that scent there was the tiniest spark of recognition.

She cocked her head aside and narrowed her eyes, then stood up and slowly, gingerly, padded over the moss toward him. “F… father? I don't... remember. But you're... familiar.”

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: Dun dun duuuuunnn

Whatever happened Shawchert never expected amnesia to the poor woman... was that why she left? Her whole mind was affected by the death of her children? Would he be hurting her more by telling her what he thought happened? Yes... Should he tell her? That question was easy for the father. No. She would either find out herself or something else would happen. He had joined New Dawn in hopes she was there, but now she was here. In the wilderness, a place he could no longer survive for any period of time.

“I am your father. I could never mistake my own daughter.” Shawchert said. After all he had two children Titania and Juliet. He smiled as she thought through and asked what he called her; “You are... you’re Titania Moonsong.” He said automatically. He had to remember that Titania was no longer a Takekuro and never a Menue. The name at least came quickly to his lips and naturally too. He smiled at her as she looked back up at him, shifting his own weight to keep the pain from his leg from hurting too much; “I am your father yes... not much of one but I am.” He said quietly.

He was disturbed by her memory loss and wondered how it was possible but the look in her eyes, the confusion and denial, it was too perfect for an act even from the likes of Orin who was quite a good actress when she was up for it. Titania was a strong wolf and he didn’t know what happened to cause this sudden break in her mind that tossed all her memories away, he did know he would do what he could to help her get them back.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
[html]
.: Dialogue posts, activate! :: WC 200+ :.

This was wrong… everything… it was all just wrong. Something within her gut told her to trust this man but she didn’t know why. There was a familiarity to his scent, and the words he spoke were so laced with emotion that she could not take them for anything but true. That, and something more, deep within that she couldn’t explain, made her want to trust him. But, how could she dare put her trust in someone she didn’t even remember?

‘Not much of one…’ he spoke, denying his worth as a father. Could that explain why she couldn’t recall him? But surely she should have some recollection.

“Ti… Titania Moosnong?” she tested the name, but it didn’t feel familiar to her either. She had inched up before him, paws leaving perfect prints in the muddy moss bank behind her, and now she craned her neck to look up at the huge man. Anyone else and she shouldn’t have gone this close, but this did not feel like a trick. “I don’t remember that name. I don’t remember your name. I don’t remember you. Who else can’t I remember? Do you know why? What happened to me? Why don’t I remember?”

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC: mrrrrr

The silence of his daughter was daunting and he looked at her under his brow as he looked down, he didn’t want to seem anywhere near intimidating and with his stance he looked like a tiny teddy bear one would see in a store ready to be hugged. The thought made him remember her as a pup, almost ready to change into a luperci and her running to him happily when he came to surprise their mother and instead they surprised him. The memory was like a slap in the face and he closed his eyes.

That was when the words he was dreading came to her lips. Titania wanted to know how and why. It would be so easy to lie, to say he just returned and he only heard she left, but didn’t know the reason why, but if he had any way of getting her back to New Dawn he would have to speak truthfully. “M... That’s not for me to say really. Your mate, he knows more than me. I can take you to him, You and him made a pack, New Dawn. Please, I want to help you, but that is not something I should tell you I came to bring you home.” He said grunting a little motioning his head towards the pack lands of New Dawn. He was sure Zalen would be able to help her, and perhaps better at this than Shawchert was because she was his baby girl and he wanted to protect her. “Will you join me?” He asked looking up at her for a few seconds and letting his eyes go back to the ground. As much as he was an alpha for many months and a strong man for six years the months he had been broken would take time to break his fear of beatings.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]
[html]
.: WC 500+ :.

They were so close to one another now, close enough for Titania to stretch her neck and sniff at his fur just as she would have done when meeting a new friend in New Dawn, still ever so much the wolf that she was. His scent was familiar, woodsy and masculine but with a touch of something paternal. He couldn’t be lying about being her father, she decided, her nose told her that his words were true. Or at least they were some sort of family. And with the diminutive way that he stood, so careful not to startle her off, what harm could he have planned for her? None. Oh, this naive little Titania thought he could not harm her, though he acted like nothing more than a clever wolf luring in prey. Luckily for her, this really was her father before her, and her gut instinct was right about him.

When he refused to answer her question though her expression transformed from that of wonderment to the hot flash of ire, and it was like honey boiled in her golden eyes. The look was so much like the streak of temper her mother was prone to. She scrunched her nose and took a few steps back, snorting in frustration. “Why won’t you just tell me?” She demanded, stomping a paw on the ground almost like a pup throwing a fit. Though she could not remember anything, much of Titania’s old spirit was still there.

“I don’t have a mate! If I did I would remember. And… and if I did then why isn’t he here to bring me home instead of a lame old dog?” She glared at Shawchert in disgust, he words aiming to cut, to slice at him for offending her own pride. “If you’re not going to give me any answers then I’m not following you anywhere. How stupid do you think I am?”

But she smelled of others, and she knew it herself. The scent of New Dawn was still rife within her pelt and there was no denying that that scent was more than just her own, or the woods. Part of her knew he wasn’t lying, but the girl who apparently was named Titania wanted answers, and she wanted them now. There was no reason in trekking across the wilderness if he could just tell her now.

Did he even know anything? Maybe he wasn’t answering because he didn’t know, but if that were the case then he could just say so.

“What about my mother? Where is she?” The questions wouldn’t stop coming, and as long as they were there and this man could answer them she would keep asking. That was when a key piece of information he said sparked a note of interest, like it hadn’t sunken in before. Her ears perked and her jaw dropped, for a moment she stared dazed, and then she carefully asked, “Did you say… my ‘mate’ and I… do you mean we lead a pack?”

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
#3+
OOC: ouch right to the heart ; ;

It was obvious things were going to be trouble when he said he shouldn’t be the one to tell her. The way she acted, her stomping foot and angry cries reminded him of grounding her when she left for so long to get her mother something, but it was that she met a man that he became infuriated over. He clenched his eyes shut and let her demand from him. Of course he couldn’t answer her, and he let her go on. Let her have her say He felt the heaviness in his face as she swore she didn’t have a mate but what cut him was the words she said after and he did not meet her eyes, and again stayed silent. He remained so when it seemed like she was out of words.

“The situation is difficult, I just came back or I would gladly tell you but I know only bits and pieces. All I heard was you were gone. That’s all I needed to and that... that something happened but I don’t have everything. I don’t want to say something that is wrong.” He said finally after his long silence; “I do not know where your mother is... She is probably in Cercatori still. ANd yes you and your mate Zalen lead a pack.” He said keeping his eyes too the ground. It hurt to be called out on his flaws by anyone especially that of his daughter. “I am sure if you come and see for yourself your memory will come back but I can tell you as much as you want, or I can try with as much truth but will you at least walk with me?” He let himself swallow hard hoping she would at least take that offer.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Gen
[/html]