Beneath your bough
[html]

p; Khaden Aatte. Shiloh Hils

She let the large oak protect her from the never ending drizzle, sitting under its large arms and broad leaves. Sitting happily under her large guardian she enjoyed what would most likely be the peak of the afternoon. The weather was semi cooperating, the night’s storm had broke and let light grey clouds and just enough rain to keep the ground slick.
A single finger rose to push against the dangling rabbit that was suspended from the heavy limb. The vine rope held the passed creatures by the hind leg, dark eyes watching Anu upside down.

They had been easy to catch, young, naive and far to trusting in the meadows grasses. After catching the first Anu was able to find the rabbit’s den easily and fished the second out with little effort. It was then that she grew into her taller form, roped her prize and found her shaded spot.

Idly watching the meal swing Anu let her mind wander. It was only for a brief moment that she let the weakness cloud her thoughts. They moved unexpectedly to the conflict between Iskata, her daughter and the coyote pack Inferni. Her neck and back straightened at the thought, not with a fantastic realization for peace between them, but that she was thinking of something other then her newly forged bond with Naniko.

Sitting up, excited that she was not purely obsessed Anu finally moved to skin the hares that she was so suddenly eager to eat.

[/html]
[html]

out of character

Anu's adorable. Big Grin

in character

Life had gone almost too fast for Khaden as he swept through the borders of Twilight Vale. The pack's borders had seen so much, Khaden had seen so much. And now that Ember was gone to Shadowed Sun, and Khaden was left watching nothing more than an empty room. He had sulked listlessly around the Manor, unsure of how to even react against anything. Conri was gone, Savina was in a frenzy, and Naniko was surely pregnant. Khaden was confused, wrapped up in his own stupor of how to interpret the life around him, how to react. He wanted the company of others, but at the other hand, he didn't. The male just didn't know what to do with himself.

Gray and weary, Khaden passed easily through the invisible walls of his own pack, out to search for some identification, or even just some solace from this apathy and angst that seemed to riddle his own head. The weather deemed fitting for such an appropriate occasion, and it took no time at all to soon be soaked through and through, his large secui form sopping wet with his long mane seemingly longer because of it. His body seemed to appear more shaggy, larger, and far more beastly than what he felt. The trees that dotted the terrain did naught but plunk larger, fatter droplets betwixt his coat, so he couldn't help but shrug at the figure nice and toasty dry underneath a little bough.

Inclining his head just slightly, he tossed his head free of any surplus of water. "What are you doing here?"
[/html]
[html]

ee this should be cute!

Sharp claws carefully attempted to shed the carcasses of its fur, making the meal far more pleasant. Thankfully the species had thin skin, making the job easy for the nimble fey. One hare down and Anu move quickly to the next. But her task was interrupted when a dark coated wolf moved to join her under the protection of the large oak.

For a moment Anu thought it to be the female she met at the Twilight Vale mansion. But after a bit of investigation he was certainly a male, smelling and or course looking the part. He also smelt of the Vale pack, Anu was meeting quite a few of those wolves in her travels. Sitting upright a bit more she was taken aback from his question.

She was allowed here, outside his turf, she was sure he had claim on the tree she sat beneath. Eyes and face showed her surprise, her chest puffing out a bit, ”What are you doing here?” Why did he have the right to question her? The young wolf would have to answer for his interruption before she explained herself. Did his mother know he was being so impolite?

[/html]
[html]

out of character

haha, Khaden's a weird teenager. >_>

in character

Teenage angst was some fickle force worth reckoning, and while Khaden was caught in the throes of it, he attempted to set it all aside to appease his new found company. However, with his head torn between the depressing sight of rain, rain everywhere, and the internal thoughts of Conri, Naniko, Dhalia, Soran, and most other dramas that threatened to drown him in their sorrows. But then, it was the female afore him response that surely made all those thoughts vanish in an instant.

"But" Khaden stuttered, brows furrowed and leg lifted just slightly, as if he was blown away by her accusatory tone. "...but I asked first!" Bewildered and tad bit indignant, Khaden wasn't use to having his words thrown back at him. He didn't mean to come across as belligerent, but apparently the femme afore him thought as much. Cocking his head from one side to the next - mostly to get the water from accumulating on top of his head - he regarded her with that bit of teenage defiance. He just wanted to know what was going on, and then she turned it into an all out brawl!
[/html]
[html]

Anu had always been the one that was made to stay home and watch the youth of her past packs. Not much for fighting and battling trespassers she was left behind to keep the immature minds busy and had became pretty tolerant. But, it had been quite some time since Anu had had to deal with pups.

He wore a surprised face, moving his head from side to side and watching Anu. The round faced fey looked back to the hanging hares and started to untie the furless carcass. She watched him out of the corner of her eye, experienced hands working to prepare the meat for consumption.

“Well, you have a point.” She would give him that much, but she would absolutely be no use to the world unless she instilled a few manners into the younger wolf. “But what makes me want to answer you question?” She gave him a strait look, blue eyes searching for any notion of what he might be thinking. Hoping that he would not think her a bitter old hag she ripped a strip of meat from the rabbit and passed it to him, her brow raised in question.

[/html]
[html]

out of character

haha, Khaden's a weird teenager. >_>

in character

Generally as a rule, Khaden was never truly this bratty. He had his moments where he wasn't particularly pleased with the world, but manners were always at top priority. But today felt something different; soaked through and through, Khaden felt generally displeased with the whole world, and just felt stuck. It was only then when he really realized the carcasses tied up, hanging depressingly from the trees as if bringing some sort of omen towards the boy, and she seemed to be preparing them for something, making some sort of ritualistic and obligatory movements towards the meat.

Furrowing his brow at her remarks, he huffed and sat down. His body was weary from the traversing across different dramas, different planes of thinking that his mind forced upon him. It was always intriguing that mind did such interesting effects to the physical body, even when in the very tangible world, the body is very secure. Yet Khaden didn't want to know the psychology of it, he just wanted it all to stop. "Because." He tried, making a blind stab into the dark. "Because I'm cute and lovable and you want to satisfy my curiousity?" Even humor, despite the dry and witlessness of it, could be woven into his language.
[/html]
[html]

hes cute, and Anu <3s him!

Every inch of her knew how curiosity could drive a soul. From day one Anu had been driven by the questions that rose in her bring, to weak to suppress or ignore them. They rose to high, coming from deep with in and clawing their way out of her mouth into the air. They dominated to many of her conversations and controlled her far to much.

He made her smile, and she fought the urge to give into his unconvincing reasoning. Staying strong she attempted to hide her smile. Failing horribly she spoke while laying another strip of meat before him. “Cats aren’t the only things that die from curiosity.” Warning him of the dangers a over prying mind could get him into. “But, I’ll be happy to tell you, if you tell me your name.” She took a piece of meat and chewed on it, curious (as always) to know what he would say.

[/html]
[html]

out of character

I desperately need a puppy character xDDD

in character

It was only when the smile had been not so clearly masked on the other femme's face, is when it slowly began to dawn on the Aatte boy that possibly he wasn't just some young hooligan raining on the other's parade. In fact, in some bizarre way, he was amusing the other, providing some sort of entertainment for her. Her comment, a repetition of a motto that seemed to have her own spin, gave Khaden something to inwardly roll his eyes at. How many times had he heard that one growing up, remembering briefly a flashback of Naniko running through hell and fury trying to control him. Those were ages ago, and the days had passed, but it seemed like the lessons were still attempting to attack him at every turn.

Turning now, to pay attention to the meat given to him (in which, in his little angsty teenage ways, completely ignored) he finally grinned, inclining his head in his sincere thank yous before he picked one up, and chewed on it thoughtfully before he furrowed his brow once again, the trademark Khaden look - constantly puzzled - before he came back, mouth half full with bites of rabbit, "If I tell you mine, will you tell me yours?" He wanted to know who this was, and how she had this quirk about her that seemed so... interesting. Taking an eyeful of her, he took his chances with the question he had previously presented and shrugged it off. "Khaden."
[/html]
[html]

hmmm… that should be happening soon, no?

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Khaden.” She gave him a smile, happy that he finally gave up his attempt to dodge every one of her questions. It was obvious that he wanted nothing to do with her warnings or with the etiquette lessons she was pushing into his face. He wanted to everything his own way, and not a degree different.

But he accepted her friendly gesture, and introduced himself even if it was only after expressing his need to know hers first. “I’m Anu, from Phoenix Valley.” Her pack’s name was like a surname, always following her first. Now that they had truly met, Anu was happier then a lark to explain what she was doing here, alone in the rain.

“I though I would skin a few hare and have a little meal. Help yourself. Its not more then a snack, but I’m happy to share.” She prepped the second hare, finally finished with her questions.

[/html]