Date: August 25th, 2012

Setting: Near the middle of Ikpiri'Aliqua

Time: Evening

Character Form: Optime

Dress: Bow, arrows, and quiver laid out in the grass near Jaden
[/html]

[html]

Words - 400+

The air was filled with the smell of seasoned cooking meat. The scent was incredibly alien on the sweet wind of Sangi’lak but delicious nonetheless. Jaden wasn’t an expert in the presentation of food but he found it was an incredibly entertaining thing to do. Taking different foods and adding anything edible to change how it tasted or felt on the tongue was intriguing. With so many tasty things in the wild the possibilities were nearly endless.

The Issum had built a cooking fire in a large field near the center of Sangi’lak. This place was not claimed yet or acknowledged and its only defining mark was patch of speckled and interestingly colored rocks with a stark white bone marker at its head. The marker was slender at the base with a large section at the top. An imperfect but still somewhat pretty carving of the moon and two names rested on the top. Mya and Christopher. It was a grave site. Jaden had come to name it Pitsitomak (beautiful home of the spirits) for the dead who resided there. It was a place that was only special to him so no one else would recognize it and that didn’t bother him. No one else needed to know the tragedy that haunted the grass and stones.

But his mind was still on the cooking. Roasting atop the flame with a tantalizing sizzle were numerous cuts of deer and elk. They smelled sort of sweet as he leaned over the heat carefully and lightly drizzled an infusion of sage, water, sweet syrup from the sugar woods, and an interestingly strong herb that was in fact chive but that Jaden had no actual name for. It was hard to describe why he thought this mixture would taste nice. After tasting all of the ingredients he could imagine how they would play together. This wasn’t his first time cooking all together but indeed the first time on Sangi’lak lands. It was difficult to find time to do something as unproductive as cook when the pack needed so much guidance and work. He had plans for tomorrow already set but tonight was his first to truly waste.

After he finished drizzling the slightly thick liquid and herb mixture out of a wooden bowl, he sprinkled a bit of sea-salt over the hanging meat and settled back to admire his work. He had to swallow as he salivated in anticipation for the flavor that would be his to savor soon enough. But it wasn’t finished and still needed time. So he sat a comfortable distance from the hot fire and gazed into the dancing flame.

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 238 OOC: Sira is in secui ^^

Sira was out doing what she was learning from X’yrin. She first practiced the moves of self defense that seemed to have changed the young jackal in only a few days time. She was far more confident and her hallucinations were gone. Now she had a kitten to take care of and the little calico was the world to the woman and she could understand how X’yrin could take Zeus over herself. Sira was over two years old, and she didn’t need constant care. She was learning htis now and soon she knew she would need to find her own den.

After her practice she went scouting. The baby kitten nestled in her maw. It was a bad idea to scout with a tiny little kitten but this was a lesson Sira would probably have to learn. As the kitten could not keep up with her she had to carry her. The scent came to her quickly and Sira was off to figure out what it was. She found herself in the middle of the pack when she saw the fire. Her tail up and the kitten bouncing content in her jaws she came to find Jaden. Doing something with the meat over the fire. She set the kitten down, who calmed down now that she knew Sira was going to feed her in the first few days; “Whatcha doing Jaden?” she asked curiously.

<style>
.kiraducks { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/S4j6E.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#cccccc; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#7d7d7d; font-family:arial, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000; }
.kiraducks b {color:#5b5451; }
.kiraducks p { text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.kiraducks p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

BTW, I'd like to keep this thread small. Only a few players at the most plz Smile Words - 200+

The crackle and dance that took place before blue eyes was mesmerizing. Jaden watched the glowing embers with gentle curiosity. The heat on his face was nice but would no doubt become too much in only a few minutes. Twas simply the downside of having such thick black fur but he would have to tend to the meat by then anyway. So he was quite content where he sat with his jaw rested on pulled up knees and tail swishing back and forth.

The sound of approaching footsteps drew the cool blue gaze away from the red heat. It took a moment before his eyes adjusted to the nearly fallen darkness. Hello Sira, He greeted the jackal warmly. He noticed the kitten moving about at her paws idly but didn’t question it right away. He instead offered an answer to his packmate’s question. I’m cooking, he said with a smile, knowing full well that she probably had no idea of the word’s meaning. It is where you take meat, warm it up and add things to make it taste different. Even to him this was a painfully basic description of what he was doing but it should do. He stood up on his two legs and leaned forward to expect his food. It looked done enough to sample. You and your friend can stay to try some, if you like.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 234 OOC:

A smile crossed her lips at his greeting and she came closer to the fire and sniffed. It smelled strange, but it still smelled like meat. He spoke again and she did give him her normal curious look but didn’t have to. He explained for her, in a way that made perfect sense to the woman. It wasn’t everyday someone explained something in simple words that she couldn’t help but brighten even more.

“I see, so you are making the taste different? Would it be better to taste that way?” She asked curiously and her mind went to X’yrin eating the grasshopper Sira caught for her. Perhaps if Sira cooked it and gave it to her Rin would eat it without cringing. The thought was so profound she almost forgot where she was but shook her head and turned towards Jaden and his cooking. “Thank you I think we will. I don’t know how the kitten will like it, she doesn’t eat what I eat.” She said thinking back on trying to give the kitten a hopper. She had fun with the live one she brought into the cave but when she went to eat one that was already dead she shied from it. Though she ate the small mouse that Sira had caught afterward but Sira had to tear it up before the kitten would eat it.

<style>
.kiraducks { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/S4j6E.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; background-color:#cccccc; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#7d7d7d; font-family:arial, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #000000; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Words - 200+

Hearing that Sira was interested in his cooking put a smile on coal lips. That’s the idea. Things don’t always turn out that way though. He chuckled. Personally, Jaden found all of his cooking delicious. But not every person had the same tastes. He’d known a wolf in his home pack who wouldn’t eat dear because he claimed they tasted “dirty”. That obviously wasn’t the case but he believed it. The Issum had to assume that when the taste was more defined that the line of what one liked and disliked would become more defined as well. The meat he looked at now had a fine glaze on it from the maple syrup. No doubt it would make the meat sweet. Whether this would be a delectable combination of sweet and savory remained to be seen. But there was only one way to figure it out.

He reached down to draw a dagger that no longer existed from his hip. It was a habit from all his previous cooking experiences and he grimaced lightly before deciding to tear off a piece with his claws. The meat was sticky and left the pads on his hands sticky and hot. He shook his hand to dissipate the heat after tossing the morsel into his awaiting jaw. Almost immediately he hummed his satisfaction. He’d always had a sweet tooth and this tasted wonderful. He took a generous piece from the meat rack about the size of his head. Here, He offered it to the Jackal and her kitten, Try this and tell me what you think.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 387 OOC:

Sira was glad that she interpreted him right. She liked his answer too. It wasn’t a definite, though she liked those most of the time, it seemed that the world was not made up of definites and she would rather the person she looked up to, to be right all the time She watched him as he tore a piece off and tasted it, it had a starnge look to it, rather than red and bloody it was a brown color and inside that it was nearly white She tilted her head as he made a satisfied sound. She tilted her head and watched him interested in the taste.

Before she could move to take some of her own, thinking that it was ok to, she stopped as he handed her a big chunk of meat. She blinked not sure how to take it, she was on four paws and this meat was enormous. She looked around and could only do one thing before taking it. She had to shift, it had been so long since she was in her optime form, since she was first rested and could shift once more. When she had that extra energy to be able to do so.. The process was strange to her in a way for she had been her Secui for so long. It took several minutes before she was finished but when she was done she silently took the meat he handed to her and she pulled some off for the kitten, who took it and started eating ravenously. Sira giggled and then pulled off a bit for herself. Once it hit her mouth it was as though her tongue exploded into sweetness as well as something she never experienced before. It was amazing, and she couldn’t help but smile as she chewed on the meat, letting the juices from the outside as well as the inside play with her tastebuds “I have never tasted anything like this!!” She said with a grin on her face when she finished with it. “I did not know meat could taste so sweet and so... I don’t know but it’s great!” She said, of course this was coming out of a scavangers’ mouth. She ate just about anything and it tasted good to her.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Words - 300+

Jaden rarely cooked for others and when he had done it in the past they had all been wolves. The piece he removed from his large amount of cooking meat was a bit big for the Jackal female. He noticed only after his arm was outstretched to give it and by that time it was a bit late to revoke and diminish the amount offered. So he stood a little awkwardly while she shifted to accommodate the chunk of meat. Eventually she took it and he returned to the spit. He watched her and gave it a half turn.

Rarely did he get to see the positive reaction of someone trying something new that they really enjoyed. It was satisfying to see the grin. Sira was an endearing creature and Jaden could tell why his beloved had come to adore her. He grinned proudly at her proclamation. It‘s maple syrup from the sugar woods. Adds a nice flavor, doesn’t it? He had been thinking about journeying back there to search for more but noting that he wasn’t the only one to really enjoy the mingling of sweet and savory convinced him that it had to be done. If he could find what he had without any aim or real desire then maybe there was plenty more stashed around there.

The fire he had built for his meat was beginning to die down now and he didn’t stoke it despite having plenty of wood gathered nearby. The cooking was done. He could let it heat a little while he spoke with Sira before it began to dry out. So Jaden folded his legs and sat a little way away from the fire and facing the much small woman while she ate. I see you have found a new friend, he started curiously, does it have a name?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 310 OOC: hehe

She tried to think of what maple syrup was. Her mind went to trees, she knew of maple trees and oaks and pines and other types of trees, and she wondered if that was what maple syrup was, parts of trees. She did remember maples having sappy stuff that came out of it once in awhile, but she never put her tongue to one before. She suspected that might be what it was, but it seemed far different so she was not quite sure. She nodded her head though; “I like it, it makes it taste so different, but in a good way!” She explained.

She continued eating, giving more to the kitten as she begged for pieces and soon was full herself, unable to eat much more, and yet there was still left overs. A jackal would not let so much go to waste but she was feeling she overate already! She looked at Jaden, his question seemed to distract her from her new problem and she smiled; “Yes she was lonely and I found her and another kitten. A new friend took that one and told me to how to take care of her. I just call her kitten though;” She said, feelign bad she did not have any other names for the kitten she only knew her own, and the packs, as well as her mother’s but she did not want to name her THAT. She looked over to Jaden; “Do you know any names I could give her? I do not know many and they would not be good for her.” She had considered giving her X’yrin’s name but it would be far too confusing and she did not think X’y would really appreciate it. So she refrained from that and instead continued to keep calling her kitten.

<style>
</style>
[/html]