Show me that fire in your heart
[html]

This was for his sons. This was for them. The dummies stared back at him with empty faces, no features carved into their oddly carved heads. They had some recoil to them, but they were nothing like a real human being, he thought as he practiced moving with the obsidian daggers. They swished through the air, whistling as they cut into the rough wood of the dummy's body. There was no cry of protest, only the light creaking of wood in the wind and the rustling of leaves on a late summer breeze. He swung hard, remembering how he had fought barehanded when he had earned these daggers. That man's eyes came into his memory and his own emerald orbs widened suddenly and his gaze was intense on the mannequin. Anyone seeming him in that moment would have backed away at the fervent, feverish intensity present. Fire raged as he swung hard, the dagger slipping from his grasp in a calculated swing. It logged with a thunk in the dummy's chest, quivering lightly.

Silvano backed away, breath heavy as his mind returned to the present and he filtered away the memory. He simply stared at the dagger, the black blade and silver white handle a sharp contrast to the wood it was embedded into. Gently, he touched the pommel stone, a small drop of solid black fire in the bone. It was cold, the stone, and the heat of his hands was fading slowly from the ivory. A heavy sigh escaped him and he pulled the knife out hard. A small spray of tiny wooden splinters followed, bouncing harmlessly to the ground as the man inspected the weapon for chinks and missing cuts. The edge was still sharp, deadly. Good. It was no sword, but that could hardly be helped, could it?

<style>
.isa-txt {font-family: Cambria, serif; font-size: 14px; line-height:17px; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:1px; margin:0px 25px auto; padding:0px 75px 0px 75px; margin:5px auto; text-align:justify;}
.isa-txt .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.isa-txt p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px;}
.isa-txt b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.isa-txt .line {width:450px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
My cold dark tower seems so bright

Word Count :: 381 Sorry for the wait, been neglecting Skollposts lately.

If there were a god of fatigue, it had no hold upon Skoll Haskel. Even when the boy’s full-grown body grew haggard and threatened to collapse with exhaustion, his mind bulldozed forward out o f determination and duty and spite. And it was spite as much as everything else that pushed him ever onward: spite toward the monsters lurking far too close to home, toward his swiftly changing fate, toward the weakness within himself. He was still seen as a boy despite his rank and ambition, and he needed to change that, to find what was holding him back and tear through it like teeth ripping rope.

He’d rested his body today, but that was only in anticipation for the torture he’d be putting it through. His gait more like that of a werewolf than a dog prince, he loped toward the training area where he’d gotten into a fistfight was Hati. That was just one facet of the great Change rolling over the Court, and he knew it was silly to bicker with his shadowy brother when there were dangers to bring them together. His mother had been attacked, and there was a new Constable, and God knew what would happen next.

The sound of wood being abused caused him to prick his ears, and he froze as he saw the lean brown Sadira going at the dummies, slashing with twin daggers, something burning in his emerald gaze that made Skoll think of his own desperate feelings. He watched until the imaginary foe was slain, and a tension he hadn’t been aware of drained from his muscles. He shook his great shaggy head then stepped forward, his eyes flitting curiously over the ornate dagger before they dropped respectfully upon reaching the Constable.

“Silvano, I—uh—you’re really good with those,” Skoll mumbled, gesturing childishly at the blades. He’d been skeptical of his sudden ascent at the start of the tumultuous meeting, but in part because of all the disrespect from the other members and the sudden conviction that the former Dreamer would try had changed his stance. Even now, seeing the man fight so well against the dummies, he knew he’d put his faith in the right place. This, this protective ferocity and strength, was what the vulnerable pack needed.

I swear it must be heaven's light
<style>
.GR2_Skoll p {padding:0px 15px 5px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_Skoll b {color:#34717c; font-family:georgia;}
.GR2_Skoll {background-color:#e0ebe9; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8hBIV.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:100px 0px 0px; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px;}
.GR2_Skoll .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/OtEaa.png); border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #9fb8b6; }
.GR2_Skoll .top {color:#013743; text-align:right; font-family:Telex; font-size:14px; text-shadow:#9fb8b6 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
.GR2_Skoll .bottom {color:#013743; text-align:right; font-family:Telex; font-size:14px; text-shadow:#9fb8b6 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; background-image:url(http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6238/skoll2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 15px 250px}
.GR2_Skoll .name {text-align:Left; font-family:Condiment; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:51px;}
.GR2_Skoll .ooc {text-align:right; color:#000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; padding:0px 15px;}</style>[/html]
[html]
wee posting yay
wordcount ► 389

His back stiffened instantly when he realized he was not alone. Then he heard the familiar voice of Vigilante's son and turned with muscles loosened. His entire body turned to face the other male, arms falling to his sides. The daggers bumped against his thighs, and the coolness of the blades permeated through his outer layers of fur and pelt. It was like a soft kiss of ice, but it was not enough to hurt or annoy.

Silvano offered the other male a tired smile, rather sheepishly given. Broad shoulders rolled as his own emotions mirrored the awkward stammer Skoll presented him. It was a rather strange situation for them both. It felt like it was merely days ago where one stood with more power in the pack than the other, and now they were reversed. Not that the two were actually close. Perhaps they were friends? He could hardly be sure, as he had so few friends to call his own with the Dreamers, especially when most of the members had been family in one way, shape or form.

"Oh, thanks. I.. There's a lot of reasons why I have these." Silvano bounced the blades in his hands, their weight a bit too light now for his liking. Something heavier would fit better, but there was nothing better to find. "I think a sword would be better. These are too light for me right now," he added with a roll of his shoulders. His back felt tense, and his arms felt out of practice. Perhaps, he ought to spend more time working his muscle groups on his patrols, but there hardly seemed to be enough hours in a day. How had his mother and Anu done this? Maybe this was what had tired them both, and aged them prematurely.

The Sadira gestured with one obsidian blade at the other male, questioning gaze set on the sunlight prince. "What brings you here today? How is your mother doing?" he asked gently, tone sympathetic. He knew how the other must have felt, though it had been his sister laying in uncertain times rather than his mother. God, what would he have done if it had been Savina laying on the bed, growing thinner day by day instead of Artemis. What would any of them have done. "Any better?"

Photo taken by Luana. Table style inspired by Kitty.

<style>
.silv_01 {padding:5px 0px 115px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TNRWU.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #b8d7d3; font-family:verdana;font-size:11px; line-height:13px;}
.silv_01 .inner {margin:0 15px; padding: 5px 4px 0px 4px;text-align:justify;}
.silv_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #51704f; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.silv_01 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#51704f; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #021d3c; }
.silv_01 .wc {color:#51704f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.silv_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#1b5c28;}
.silv_01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#1b5921;}
p.strel01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 369 Deeerrrp.

Silvano turned toward him with a slight smile, and Skoll looked down at the sandy ground, shifting his foot. He’d gotten along well with the man while all they had to discuss were lighthearted topics, like horses, but he hoped now that that wouldn’t change; he just didn’t know what he was supposed to do, and he wasn’t used to submitting to anyone but his father. He hoped that the Sadira wasn’t the type of leader to demand such shows, though, and that politeness and respect was enough; the boy could muster that up without difficulty since he did respect the warrior.

He nodded when Silvano explained he had a lot of reasons for the daggers, remembering vaguely that the war with the Tribe had involved Crimson Dreams as well as his own pack. He hadn’t known anything about allies back then, though, only that AniWaya was the bad guy and that there was fighting somewhere and that his daddy hadn’t come home for a long time. It was strange to think of the conflict in such detached terms, more hearsay than actual gut emotion, while its veterans still walked around.

“A sword, huh?” the blond boy repeated, and couldn’t help but grin slightly at the thought of such a long blade. He’d always liked hearing about the swords knights wielded in the stories, but he didn’t think he’d be able to handle one on his own. It was easier to just control his own body and his own strength instead of balancing an additional few feet of steel; he’d end up wielding a sword like a big stick and never purposefully cut anything. He decided to voice this opinion aloud for conversation’s sake. “Everything would be too heavy for me; I like teeth and claws.”

Mention of his mother drowned the silly smile on his face, and his ears went back as his green gaze found the ground again. “She’s—” He hesitated, not wanting to speak the words, but he forced himself to answer the Constable. “No, not any better, I don’t think.” He shook his great shaggy head and unsheathed his claws, gesturing at the dummies. “I came here to train. I need to get better.”

<style>
.GR2_Skoll {background-color:#e0ebe9; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8hBIV.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:100px 0px 0px; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px;}
.GR2_Skoll .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/OtEaa.png); border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #9fb8b6; }
.GR2_Skoll .top {color:#013743; text-align:right; font-family:Telex; font-size:14px; text-shadow:#9fb8b6 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; line-height:20px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px;}
.GR2_Skoll .bottom {color:#013743; text-align:right; font-family:Telex; font-size:14px; text-shadow:#9fb8b6 1px 1px 1px; line-height:20px; background-image:url(http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6238/skoll2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 15px 250px}
.GR2_Skoll .name {text-align:Left; font-family:Condiment; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:51px;}
.GR2_Skoll .ooc {text-align:right; color:#000; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; padding:0px 15px;}</style>[/html]
[html]
wordcount ► 366

Silvano gave a light chuckle as he leaned against the wooden mannequin. It creaked against his added weight, and he kept a careful ear out for it. He did not want it to break from him simply leaning against him. "Tooth and claw, huh?" he said, remembering the last time he had fought that way against another canine. It had been that AniWayan who tried to take Giselle from him; he had stopped him and taken the obsidian daggers off of his dead corpse. There was something bitter about the way the Constable smiled at the thought. "Been a while since I've done that. I'm quite out of practice for that, though I do hunt that way." He hunted in his halfling form, more often than not, as it was the easiest way to overpower creatures his size if he could find them. Often, he only killed rabbits, but fawns were easy to kill in halfling.

But the conversation shifted somewhere sad and the man pushed away from the dummy. Brows furrowed, Silvano watched the smile fall of Skoll's golden face. That bad, huh? If only they had the medicine the humans seemed to have; they were so much more prolific than they were and they had surgeries. They knew more about diseases and illnesses than Silvano could grasp. Only he understood were infections of wounds and colds. Everything else was far beyond his knowledge. "I'm sorry, Skoll," he said gently, offering the younger man his sympathies. "My sister was once in a coma for a long while; we were worried she'd never wake up. Perhaps your mother will get better after scaring you all a while." He hardly knew what the problem was with Ayita, though.

Practice? Practice would distract the man's thoughts while making him stronger. "Well, then lets have a spar. I could use the practice without weapons. And you need something to take your mother's condition off your mind." Silvano set the daggers down, letting them fall to the ground broad side down. They landed with a soft thunk at the base of the dummy. "What do you say?" he said with a slight smile.

<style>
.silv_01 {padding:5px 0px 115px 0px; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TNRWU.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#f5fbf9; border: 1px solid #b8d7d3; font-family:verdana;font-size:11px; line-height:13px;}
.silv_01b {width:502px; border: 1px solid #51704f; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.silv_01 .ooc {text-align:left; color:#51704f; font-size:10px; border-bottom:1px dashed #021d3c; }
.silv_01 .wc {color:#51704f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; text-align:right; padding:0px 15px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 0px 10px 5px;}
.silv_01 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;color:#1b5c28;}
p.strel01_credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;color:#000;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 339 Derrrrpppppp.

Luperci had a penchant for introducing all sorts of complicated tactics into doing thing, though Skoll didn’t dwell too much on this fact due to how he’d been brought up amongst the other courtiers. He did fall into the old ways, though, perhaps a trait from his father and his preference for a four-legged form, perhaps some latent characteristic of the wolf fighting within the blond dog. He did nod when the other mentioned having fought like that before. “I think it’s best to hunt like that,” the boy added sagely, crossing his arms. “I mean, if you’re desperate, you can use a bow,” he amended, smiling lopsidedly. “But that’s boring.”

The conversation turned more serious, and Silvano straightened from leaning on the dummy. His sympathies were really sincere, and Skoll found another reason to trust him with the leadership. He was sad to hear about his sister’s coma, though maybe if Ayita had only fallen into something sort of like that for a while, she could recover too. Even if she didn’t get all the way better, he didn’t mind; so long as she wasn’t in pain, he could help her as much as she needed with hunting and all those other things. He kept these thoughts to himself, though, only smiling graciously at the other’s words.

That smile flared with heat and light as the Sadira suggested a spar, and the young man’s ears twitched at the sound of the daggers dropping. Unconsciously, he began to shift his posture as instinct told him to, adopting more of a fighter’s stance though the transformation was subtle. This was what he needed—a real breathing Luperci to brawl against, to shape his skills and point out his weaknesses, without the added complication of real conflict.

“What do you say?” were the Constable’s final words, and Skoll grinned a cheeky grin as his only reply and warning before lunging for the grey wolf, feinting a blow at him just to see how serious their new leader was about all this.

<style>
[html]
wordcount ► 320

Silvano rolled his shoulders, letting the bones crack as they adjusted to his demands. He stretched out his hands, flexing fingers and testing the joints at every point. Everything felt far stiffer, and far colder, than he liked. It was like he was a youth again and just starting to work on his muscles with running and lifting. Perhaps that was what being busy was like; sacrificing one thing for productivity somewhere else. He let out a light growl as he set his legs in a similar stance as the golden prince, though he felt it was more unfamiliar to him than it was to the other male. He was at a disadvantage from that, but he was at an advantage with age and strength, hopefully. It was poor form for the Constable to be beaten at a game of strength when his job focused on top performance in strength related activities.

Before he was ready - or before his muscles felt properly warmed up - Skoll lunged at the other male. Unprepared, the man fell for the feint and the air was lightly knocked out of him. He inhaled sharply as he jumped back away from the other man's grasp. A cocky smile was plastered on his face and he felt alive. It was enjoyable to say the least. Perhaps he ought to truly get serious; Skoll seemed intent on doing well in this spar, so perhaps Silvano ought to as well.

Silvano lunged forward, eager to grab the golden prince's arm so that he could turn him about and apply pressure. Dark hands attempted to grab at the man's arm, though he felt as though he had overreached as he came up beside the man, but facing away. What a nasty turn, this was. Silvano turned slightly, so that he could see just what the other man planned in retaliation, all in the few moments between attacks.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Short but it's a fight post so whatever. Sorry for the wait. Smile

His cheeky trick seemed to work, though it only gave Skoll momentary pleasure rather than seriously influencing the outcome of the little sparring match. His lungs swelled with air and power, his emerald eyes gleaming with excitement, all the more so when be saw the grin on his new leader's face. He knew that the Sadira would be better than him, both for his warrior experience and the rarity of outsizing the Haskel by half a foot.

That wasn't to say that the boy wouldn't put up a fight. He remained alert and was already pulling away even as the grey wolf reached out to snag his arm. Silvano managed to grab him and begin to manuever it back, but Skoll twisted his body to follow the motion, throwing his head forward to bite at the man's shoulder. He didn't exactly restrict hand-to-hand combat to hand-to-hand.

<style>