Northern Bound
[html]
Amy Sunders

Word Count → 000 :: September 5

Vinatta had quickly become one of her favorite packs to trade with. Lucias was tucked closely, her eyes having just opened yesterday. The sharp blue color gazed out at everything, not quite seeing. She was tucked close to Amy's body, stroked gently. She loved her daughter, even if she hated the father that had brought her existence about. Kohaku was still loved, but he wasn't delicate enough to warrant the soft treatment her true blood heir deserved. Soon he would be turned to a luperci, but he certainly wouldn't be treated the same as the younger child.

Looking up she gazed calmly over things, the pair of horses trotting slowly behind her wagon. They were older than the horses she normally dealt with, one seven and the other nine. On the other hand, they were well trained, and that was not something that could be said about every horse that she traded around. Satisfied with this small amount she continued on, sniffing for the scent of the pack. She was close, and should be coming up to the borders soon.

<style type="text/css">
.ramasks b {font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ramasks p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px;}
.ramasks p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.ramasks .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px;}
.ramasks .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Nothing You Could Do'; text-align:center; color:#ffeb7d; padding:0px 15px 200px; text-shadow:#1a1009 1px 1px 4px;}
.ramasks p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.ramasks {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a87340; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LpaOl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:50px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fefff1; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
Thanks again for this~ <3

Vlad hadn't been up this far north for a long time. The last time she could remember was when she was running from the iron grip her parents had on her, and that was already many months earlier. As she walked onward, her bright green eyes couldn't help but glance around with little reminisce. A few landmarks had been familiar, albeit vaguely. Perhaps the gray wolfess had spent too much in the woods to the south of the Northern Tides? Regardless, it felt nice to move out and about every once and a while, and maybe she would find something worth her time before she headed back home.

The Russian woman trotted on for minutes more until her eyes glazed over what looked like a cart. She paused briefly in her tracks, tilting her head slightly at the two horses clomping behind it. ... Hmm. Vladislava thought about how useful a horse would be, especially if she was going to venture off from home a lot more for small bouts of adventure. She saw a creamy colored Luperci near the wagon, and let her eyes narrow. What if those horses were for sale? She didn't have any money on her, however... But perhaps she could negotiate.

With that in mind, Vlad burst off for the wagon, jogging after it at a moderate pace—she didn't want to go too fast as to scare the other canine off, after all. "Привет!" she called as she neared the other woman, and slowed into a walk. "Привет... Are those horses, by chance, for trade?" she asked cautiously, keeping hers fair distance from the lady. Vlad didn't want to come off as rude, though she also very much wanted to get her point across, and even more desired one of those horses.
[html]
Amy Sunders

Word Count → 000 :: Out of Character text.

A foreign word filled the air, shouted with vehement excitement. Amy slowed, tugging on the horse's bridle. Compliant it's steps came almost to a halt. Amy paused completely when the source of the excitable calls came into view. A large female, with thick grey fur stepped forwards. She looked rather wild, the tempo of her heart clear for the dog to listen to. She waited patiently as the wolf breathed in, green eyes flashing. Why did she stop her? Was there a reason?

Distance was kept between them, enough that if Amy lost her temper the wolf would be able to escape without harm. A wise move, and not one that was expected. Most came right up to her. Reaching one hand into the bag she ran her fingers over Lucias' head. Yes they are for trade. What do you have to offer? There was nothing that this wolf owned for Amy to view but the earrings that she wore, and they weren't anywhere near the value of a horse.

<style type="text/css">
.ramasks b {font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ramasks .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#1a1009; text-shadow:#fefff1 0px 0px 1px;}
.ramasks .name {font-size:60px; font-family: 'Nothing You Could Do'; text-align:center; color:#ffeb7d; padding:0px 15px 200px; text-shadow:#1a1009 1px 1px 4px;}
.ramasks {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#a87340; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/LpaOl.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding:50px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#fefff1; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
Vlad could feel her heart pounding in her chest along with the sound of her catching her breath, and slowly ran her hand through her dark mane as she looked the other woman over. Naturally she was smaller than the Russian wolf, with curly hair and one brown ear, and an odd, almost cunning aura was coming from her. Perhaps this lady was a saleswoman by trade, or an assassin by the way the atmosphere around her seemed like, or maybe she was just transporting goods over to the pack further up north. The latter of the three seemed very likely, though the dark wolfess could not smell a pack scent on the girl standing before her. This ultimately left the former to become most likely, but really, it mattered not.

The cream-furred dog responded that the horses were indeed for sale. Vladislava kept her lips from pulling into a smile at this, and simply nodded. "I haven't any physical objects to offer in return," she said, her dialect making her words sound odd, "But I can... bestow upon you a favor of your choice, perhaps?" The dark wolf wasn't overly excited about owing this woman a task for one of the horses, but she reassured herself mentally that whatever the trader had in store couldn't be too bad. Besides, it was for a horse! A horse that could simplify many things. Vlad dipped her nose a bit, her sea green eyes watching and waiting for a responce, and hoped the other female would oblige.
[html]
Amy Sunders

Amy's posture was proud and dominant, looking over the other female. Perhaps on another the array of weapons that she wore would look rather silly. A single short sword on her hip, a pouch of throwing knives, and daggers on her thighs and forearms. The elegant attire she wore called attention away from it however, and one would know that she knew how to use them. Instead of overkill, it simply looked like what one would wear for protection. Or for punishment, depending on how moody she currently appeared to be.

The chance of trade brightened her up immediately. A bright smile played across her features, glad that the wolf had halted her. The accent was familiar to the european woman, thinking little of what it meant. Pursing her lips Amy considered. She had plenty of favors she could call in. What could this wolf do for her? What knowledge do you possess? Did she have anything that she could teach to Amy, in exchange for the horse? A place she could take her to?

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
Vladislava knew immediately by the toothily grin the other female gave her that her offer certainly wasn't going unconsidered. Her dark ears flickered, causing her earrings to jingle with a soft, metallic ping, as she gradually intertwined her fingers behind her back. Her sea green eyes darted over to the two horses, and she looked over them with a watchful gaze. The rightmost horse snorted and stomped its foot into the ground, while the one on the left stood there silently, its tail swishing back and forth. The Russian soon directed her attention back to the woman, however, when she spoke.

"What knowledge do you possess?"

Vlad had to think about that for a moment. From her studies back in Moscow, she knew a great deal of things, though she doubted anything acedemic-wise would satisfy this trader. "Concerning these lands, I haven't much," she admitted sheepishly, looking at the ground briefly. "However... If it is something specific you are seeking, I might be of assistance." She paused and soon lifted her gaze back to the other woman.
[html]
Amy Sunders

Amy moved, watching the dark russian wolf study the horses. They were equal in worth in the merchant's opinion. What mattered was what this wolf thought, what she would choose. The female's attention snapped back at her question, whether through surprise or simply because she hadn't considered Amy didn't know. What the wolf said was rather discouraging. No knowledge to share? She knew that the wolf was new in the land, but that meant little to her. What about knowledge of a style of fighting, or medicine?

Sighing Amy shook her head. It didn't matter. There was a task that she could send this wolf out to accomplish. There is something you can do for me. There is a pack south of here, by the name of Casa di Cavalieri. A male wolf there traded with me for a slave. He owes me some metal polish. The name is Aro Marino. If you go down there, collect the polish I am owed, and make sure that the slave is still kept in his presence, I will consider your favor collected. Understood?

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
The darker canine could tell the lighter one was dismayed at her lack of information. At the shake of the woman's head Vladislava began to lose hope in obtaining one of those horses, and looked away from the woman. Perhaps it had been a futile attempt to ask the trader for one of the animals in the first place. Had she just been wasting the woman's time, and also her own?

Apparently not. The dog soon had a quest for her to undertake. She was to go down South to the pack of Casa di Cavalieri and recieve metal polish from the one called Aro Marino, and also see if his new slave was still accounted for. It seemed like a simple enough task, though there was one flaw with it. The slave itself. Vladislava had always considered all of the Earth's inhabitants equal—well, all of the canines, anyway. She wouldn't settle well with being in the presence of a slave... But if that's what it would take to get a horse...

"Understood." Vladislava nodded stiffly, her lips in a tight frown. "I shall return with the metal polish as soon as time permits." She started to turn her back on the other woman before a thought came into her head. "And what is the name of the individual that Aro Marino owes metal polish?" By this she was indirectly asking for the woman's name, but she assumed the female would know that.
[html]
Amy Sunders

Amy was not one to turn away a potential favor owed. This was her chance to claim one, and she wasn't going to let it go. The disappointment in the wolf's eyes amused Amy. She probably didn't realize that she had that stubborn streak in her. Now the wolf was hers, ready to serve Amy. It would be easy enough to expand the debt, point out how simple the task was, give 'gifts' for the service, keep the wolf in a cycle that couldn't be broken.

Agreement came, a soft smile on Amy's lips. My name is Amy Sunders. And your own? She didn't necessarily need it. She'd just hunt her by scent if the wolf tried to escape her. It was polite however, and she had been raised to be polite. Very few didn't receive her version of courtesy, most of them following into the category of a slave or someone that she wished to kill. Which horse will you choose?

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
(--) I hope you don't mind me PPing what type of horses they are—if you need me to change it, please tell me ;n;

Vlad saw the smirk that worked its way onto the dog's lips. She gave her name, Amy Sunders, and the Russian once again nodded. She hesitated briefly before offering her own, however. "Vladislava Kalashnikov," she answered, the end of her tail beginning to curl. This gesture wasn't one of arrogance or pride, however—it was simply a movement, nothing more, and she scarcely hoped Amy wouldn't think anything of it. Not that she would, but anything was possible, yes?.

Her green eyes rolled back to the horses as Sunders asked which one she would choose, and she took a cautious step toward them. Her charcoal arms crossed over her chest, one hand stroking the bottom of her muzzle as she glanced from one to the other. The one on the right was a Clydesdale, she could tell, and noted that he looked both powerful and rather beautiful. The one on the left was of a darker shade, taking on a brownish-red color, and also looked equally as tough as the other. In the end, though, she went with the former, simply because she rather liked the way his coloration had been. "This one will do." She pointed a finger at her choice before looking at Amy, her eyes asking for permission to take the horse and be on her way to find this Marino she spoke of.

<style type="text/css">
.vladibridge b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #8d7f6c; }
.vladibridge p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vladibridge {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#bbaa90; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KwBEP.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8d7f6c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4b4338; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Amy Sunders

It was a long beautiful name that she spoke. Amy's lips curled up in acknowledgement, nodding her head softly. She wouldn't forget it. The curve of the tail showed pride in her family to Amy, something that she was familiar with. Both names would be remembered then, watching for others of her family. Perhaps they wouldn't come, as Amy's own family had stayed in Europe. Or perhaps they would follow, bringing the tall wolf's family here. Either way, Amy would use Vladislava as measurement for what to think of her family.

Untying the horse she passed it over to the female. I expect I'll see you in a month's turn. If she came earlier than that, all was well. Any later than that, however, and they would have problems. She would kill the horse if Vladislava turned her back on the trade. With the agreement settled she returned to the horse's head, and with a gentle cluck sent the wagon in motion once more, resuming their travels.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]
(--) I guess that's a wrap~

Vladislava fell silent as she watched Amy untie the horse, and then gave her the reigns. She spoke some words, but Vlad didn't answer immediately. Rather, she locked eyes with the creature before her, and he whinnied softly. The Russian cracked a small smile at her new companion, reaching her free hand up to rest it on the Clydesdale's broad head. She petted him softly, letting him know she wasn't an enemy, but a friend. She walked to the side of the creature, looking over him again, and blinked at the brown flecks of hair on his white skin, his dark mane, and his equally dark tail. Her attention soon turned back to Amy, and she nodded, albeit late in her responce. "A month's time it will be," she answered.

Without hesitation the dark wolfess swung one leg over the horse, and mounted him. She could tell that he was broken-in well enough, and with the lessons she had received back in Russia, it wouldn't be a problem re-training him if the occasion called for such. She took hold of the reigns again and, with one final look over her shoulder at the again-moving wagon and trader, snapped the ropes tenderly. The horse in turn began to trot off, and Vlad couldn't help but grin at the situation. A nice horse, all for her. It was very pleasing, as this horse would make life easier. However... He did in fact need a good name. She racked her mind for a good title, and came up short for a moment or two. It was only when she was a fair distance away from Amy did she find one—Dmitrii. It had been the name her parents would've given their firstborn had it been a male, and it had a nice sound to it. "Dmitrii," she said to herself aloud, her voice distant. As the horse and his new master rode off to find the man Sunders' had told her to track down, the Kalashnikov heir found herself thinking a bit more positively than usual, and was reconsidering her bleak outlook of the world.

<style type="text/css">
.vladibridge b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #8d7f6c; }
.vladibridge p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vladibridge {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#bbaa90; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/KwBEP.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #8d7f6c; padding: 220px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4b4338; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]