Dancing on the line
[html]

Optime form, dated Sept 10th if that's okay. Private for Saqui. I set this just outside the Sugar Woods, Thorn isn't trespassing but he's dancing on the line.

The sun was past its highest point, clouds splattered here and there in the blue sky. The white Russian had begun his journey a day or so ago, traveling from his new home to the borders of the maple tree laden woods he was just now scout around the edges of. There was a pack scent here but there were a couple sugar houses just outside the boundary lines. Stepping over a root, Thorn adjusted his fedora, looking at a small sugar shack. He had come here hoping to find some equipment he could use in the new brewery, maybe a good sized bucket or tubing. Maple production was a different kettle of fish than brewing beer but both involved high heat and liquid and so would require similar equipment. His conversation with Inky had given him some information about the setup needed and now he just needed to procure all the necessary materials.

The shack had a broken window and the door was open a crack so Thorn pushed it open and stepped inside. Sunlight came in through the window, and lit up the deserted equipment. This was a find! There was some tubing, taps that maybe he could alter and filter material. The filter material was a little ratty but it would work for the first test batch. Opening cupboards, shifting things around Thorn found exactly what he needed. Black tipped white paws pushed past a container of maple sugar to pull out of hydrometer, a device his relatives had sworn by back in Russia. It allowed you to determine how much water was in something and the density. Thorn didn't know the exact science but he knew what to look for and this would make things a lot easier. Stuffing it inside his messenger style bag he kept rooting around.

<style type="text/css">
.bbear-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#182549; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.bbear-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.bbear-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #182549; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.bbear-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.bbear-fb {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#eadada; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/j5XJM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #554f4f; padding:160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#554f4f; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 359 OOC: Saqui is in optime Smile

Saqui was learning the lay of the land, as she came by in hopes to get to know her old birth pack she passed by all the other packlands, making sure to steer clear of them before heading into AniWaya so she knew nothing of the lands around AniWaya. She would take a small trip north, she knew that a pack called Cercatori live to the east, but the west was still a little distant to her and she would have to explore some. She found one pack, she couldn’t name it without someone already knowing but she did not encounter anyone around it. She called it the seaside pack, until she could get its name.

She continued north though knowing she had passed by at least one close to that seaside pack and found its borders. This was as far north as she would go for now. Mirage was a sturdy horse but Saqui did not want to overtax the animal much less have to worry about staying the night in unfamiliar land. She would have to be sleeping the night outside her pack but she would at least be doing it on a path she learned earlier in the day when headed back. Now she was just inspecting the borders of the pack she found, but not going in the borders. She wanted to memorize where it was. She found that it was in much of a forest and wondered what it looked like inside the pack lands.

She then came upon what was an older building and she heard something within. She knew about salvaging and she did it before, but she wasn’t sure she would do such a thing so close to a packs borders, but perhaps this man was part of that pack? She dismounted her mare and wrapped the reigns in a bush, the tug would tell the mare to stay there but if something were to happen she could easily get free if she so wished. Saqui headed towards the human building and called out; “Hello?” She asked curiously ready to run if she truly had to.

<style>
.saqhorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.saqhorse p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

Thorn is such an old man rebel. Smile

Digging through the cupboards and moving aside dust and debris, Thorn slowly picked through the pieces, bits and bobs that had been left behind so many years ago. A lot of things weren't salvageable; they were crumbling and rotten but others would serve a better purpose. Pocketing what looked like a scraper Thorn first smelled and then heard another creature outside the shack. A tiny voice inside his mind wondered rather loudly if the local pack inhabitants had found out he was here. He wasn't trespassing per say but it was a little close even for an entertainer and a fool to comfortably live with.

The scent grew closer, as did the footsteps until the word 'hello' echoed in Thorn's black tipped ears. Pushing back his fedora slightly, Thorn turned and stood. Gathering the few little things in his hands and shoving them into his bag he walked back to the doorway and peeked his head around the frame to see the other wolf. Blinking away the dust the Vinatta native smiled, holding out a hand in a rather human greeting. "Privyet! Allo! You are visiting too?" It was important to be friendly, even though the scent coming off this wolf was not the same as that which laced the nearby borders. "Thorn Russo, visiting this little place to get some equipment for home." Not that he had to explain himself, but he was always friendly whenever possible.

WC: 238

<style type="text/css">
.bbear-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #182549; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.bbear-fb {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#eadada; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/j5XJM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #554f4f; padding:160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#554f4f; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 234/ OOC: This passed me by, if i didn't think about it i would have not remembered to look for it XDD Anywas fuuunnn!! Also this is what her horse looks like: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/shaw...llpapers-19.jpg

She shifted from foot to foot until she saw a white male come out of the old human place and greet her. It was a kind greeting though she did not let down her guard. So he was admitting to scavenging and she bit her lip not sure whether to say something about it or let it slide. She decided to let it slide, if the pack were to have any offense they would come and say something about it. Now, she didn’t think she would have the heart for it. His greeting was kind and she had no say really this wasn’t her home; “I am learning the lay of the land really” She had a bit of an accent her words a little harsher, but it wasn’t bad, just enough for one to know English was not her common tongue; “I am Saqui Utina, from AniWaya, I moved here recently. Do you know whose borders these are?”

She looked over at the cabin and back at him and tilted her head a bit, obviously in a curious manner. She was still a pup and though she was reserved, she couldn’t help but ask; “What kind of tools are you looking for? Perhaps I can help you?” She wasn’t so sure she wanted to look for tools here, but if he didn’t get chased off yet she doubted she would too.

<style>
.saqhorse b {color:#7e633d; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.saqhorse {background-color:#c89e64; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... e375-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #627391; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#627391; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:350px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

---

Thorn had no real concept of concrete pack territory lines when it came to areas that seemed to be neutral. He knew that someone owned the land very close to this shack but he was pretty sure that that same pack didn't own this exact shack he was taking tools from. Vinatta would be able to use them, their brewery would be better and quicker because of them. If only he knew the pack he would thank them, maybe even bring them some beer and wine. Instead he stole things that might even be theirs and use them for his packs' gain. Thorn turned his attention to the younger wolf and smiled at the accent. "We're always learning the land. I haven't been here long either Saqui but I doubt I'll ever learn it all. No idea who lives near here, tempted to go and say hello just to find out."

Setting his bag down he glanced up at her when she asked what he was looking for and he opened the bag to show her. Taking out a piece of tubing he held it up to her, "this is the main thing I need, my pack is opening a brewery and we need a lot of this to make it work. I also need these," he held up a clamp and shrugged his shoulders and finished with, "or anything you think you'd need to make beer or is shiny." Standing, he brought his bag near the sugar shack and motioned Saqui inside. Just in case she was worried Thorn softly said, "if anyone comes we leave." It was more to himself but loud enough for the brown wolf to hear as well.

WC: 294

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 329 OOC: She founded a small maple jar :3 empty of course

As he spoke Saqui moved closer to the cabin, listening to him speak, feeling sad she would not know the packs name, but her memory was good and perhaps if she asked one of AniWaya’s members they would know. Or they better, if not her respect for them would reach a low. She nodded, she had no intentions of making herself known unless she had gifts to offer or trade to bargain with but seeing as she had none she was out of luck. So she would wander the border for a bit, and get an idea of the place and move on from there. This was about as far north as she would go for now anyway once she helped this man she would head home again.

She followed him inside and was looking around as he explained what he needed and she looked up to see him hold up an odd instrument of sorts and she tilted her head not sure how to take such a complicated item. The tubing was easy enough to look for in her opinion. Saqui was a smart woman but she was simple. She did things simple so the contraption her mother used to clear away the fields with the horses was so alien to Saqui she would leave it up to someone else. She looked around and spoke finally as he finished with a reassurance; “So, if you are not from around here, where might you be from?” She asked curiously as she sorted her eyes through dust, cobwebs, things that were not able to hold up in the years that passed since the humans passed on themselves. She picked up a small glass jar, it was oddly shaped but nothing insignificant, she turned to Thorn inquiringly, “How about this?” She asked, it was shiny... it it were to get cleaned up, but she felt it would be more use than how much it shone.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

She is awesome!

Thorn liked the idea of greeting this neighbouring pack more and more. Maybe once he had gotten a batch of beer or wine put together he would visit the other territories anyway, if only to improve inter-pack relations. He could still remember when Inferni had run Syemv off their beach territory. Thorn couldn't understand why the coyotes needed that small strip of land but they did and they had taken it. It had shaped Thorn's feelings for coyotes for quite sometime until he had met his lover and they had two beautiful children together. They had met and fallen in love over some of his home-brew as corny as that was. He forced himself back to reality, too often he found himself drifting back to thoughts of the past. Once he had long-lasting memories here he knew those instead would drift into his mind instead.

Busy moving aside boxes and dust, Thorn didn't even lift his head when Saqui asked where he was from but he did reply, his with his eyes down in the multitude of broken bits of this and that and tiny bobs and thingamajigs. "From Russia. A pack called Sobirat'sya across the ocean. I came here and then Vinatta took me in. Where do you hail from?" He pulled out a small tubing clamp from a box resting against the wall after being tipped onto the floor and stashed it in a pocket of his kilt. When Saqui spoke Thorn turned his head and looked at the glass jar, smiling widely. "That's perfect!" Nodding he pointed to the messenger bag before adding, "is there a lid too? Always nice for a jar to have its lid." Picking up another box he tipped it onto the ground and began sorting through its contents.

WC: 306

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 225 OOC: This thread needs more attention.... sorry for the delay

Thorn's answer to her question made her smile. Russia. It was such an odd name. She never heard of it before, but suspected it was somewhere close by, “I have never heard of Russia before, but it is a beautiful name. Where abouts is it?” She asked. Then he mentioned another pack lands, and this was vaguely familiar, but probably something she heard in passing. He came over to her when she made her discovery and seemed quite pleased. Putting it carefully in his bag she then began searching for a lid.

What she found was that and more. “I think I found more than just lids, there's a whole shelf of the bottles! With their lids!” She said triumphantly, but as she looked closer she felt her heart drop a little. The glasses didn't all last. Many of them cracked or shattered during the years without care. The few that still remained were lucky because they had been inside the cupboard the whole time. She looked at Thorn shrugging. “I am from the Great Tribe, down in the south, but I now reside in AniWaya it is south too, but not so much as the Great Tribe is.” She said as she carefully pulled out the few bottles that were saved, then an extra lid from one of the broken jars.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait. Should have called this thread 'everyone will wait!' Also I know you probably just missed what I said but I couldn't resist. Another post or two each and we'll finish it up?

The white wolf brushed aside some dust and dirt and cleaned two, then six screws that had fallen behind the emptied box. Screws and nails were always needed especially without a blacksmith in the pack to make new ones from old, broken and bent salvaged ones. If bad weather were to hit the lands he doubted the brewery would go completely unharmed. The brown wolf spoke and the elder Russo gave a little nod of his head, Russia was a beautiful name and a beautiful place. But Saqui's question made Thorn blink for a moment and a brow-crinkling frown creased his face. Lifting his head Thorn said, "across the ocean, many days boat journey. Have you ever been across the water?"

He watched the lids and jars going into his messenger bag and he hoped they weren't too delicate that they wouldn't make the journey back. The last thing Thorn needed was to bring back a bag full of broken glass. I haven't heard of the Great Tribe, is it large? I have heard of AniWaya but I have never been there myself. I've stuck close to home other than the trips to Halifax for supplies. That wasn't to say he would never go south but he rarely had a reason to do so. Crouching down Thorn overturned another box with his foot and took a step back, crouching down he sifted the dirt around and a big smile crossed features. Amongst fading and crumbling papers was a large, rusted hunting knife and a hand bore for placing taps in trees. Crouched down he glanced at Saqui and asked, "do you own a knife?"

WC: 281

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 266 OOC: yeah a few more sounds fine :3

He spoke of Russia being across the ocean. Being as she lived here it was impossible not to get a glimpse of it. But the thought of actually crossing the ocean scared Saqui in so many ways. Just the thought of being on the ocean where there was no land just scared her to pieces. She even felt her pulse race just thinking about it. “That must have been a frightening trip, but no I have not, and I do not think I was meant to go over the ocean myself.” She said, in answer to his question of her being across the sea. She was a land animal and belonged there. She admired those who braved such things.

As he asked she couldn't help but smile. She couldn't remember everyone that lived there but as she was seeing, AniWaya was a good deal smaller than the great tribe and if AniWaya was just like the packs here... “It is quite large. I do not know how many wolves live there, but we do what we can to live together and help one another, as we do in AniWaya.” Saqui said, she went along her work as she spoke, though she found little more that could be helpful, most of it was rusted or rotted and she doubted she would find too much more. At his question on owning a knife, Saqui looked at him and nodded; “Yes I have one for my weaving, why do you ask?” She asked looking at the rusted knife in his hand with a raised eyebrow.

<style>
</style>
Table by Rose

[/html]