Fishing for a smile.
[html]

WC:: 000 - Mattie hopes this is otay:3

He'd been in such a positive mood that the german shepherd had taken off in his optime form toward Northern Tides. In a few moments he had found himself standing on the coast line a few miles west of Vinátta. Toby was looking out at the waves, hot sun warming his ebony fur. Between the months of problems and down time his coat had changed quite a bit. Now he was a dark, natural black nature had intended him as. No trace of the tattoos or red dye was left on his pelt. The sun came down through the rare clouds and etched shadows into his body to highlight each powerful muscle that made up his luperci structure.

It was here that the german shepherd decided to sit. He would lounge in the comfort of the sea, as usual, and await some excitement. A taste for a woman was in his mind but he carefully avoided it and thought of other things such as the birds flying about the area and the fish. Perhaps he would fish later. Fishing was always something he wanted to perfect and once upon a day he would fulfill the skill he had so long wished for. At that moment, however, he wasn't ready to force his body to move. Athletic as he was, Toby's mind ahd been extremely lazy lately.

Fang was forever silenced, he thought, and he was never in a mood to move around anymore. Since his realization that he had control over his body there'd been no need to isolate himself or run from whatever the last sin Fang committed was. There was no need for him to do anything. He could finally just be, and it was something Toby wanted to savor. Laying back into the blanket of sand he closed his eyes. He knew there was no reason to try and sleep because he could sleep all the time now. In fact, he'd been catching up on years of lost sleep for the past few days. Yet still he wanted to just lay and listen to the tide roll in. And so he would do just that... until something more entertaining came along.

<style>
.tobyocai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.tobyocai p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.tobyocai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.tobyocai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/oALKD.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #081321; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.tobyocai .inner {margin:5px 10px 195px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:375px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Tables by Cait.
[html]
(--) Eeee, this will be so much fun! 8D

The ever calming sounds of the tide called the Russian to return to the sea. Though where she lived back in Europe wasn't remotely close to the ocean at all, she remembered the evening she had left Russia very fondly, specifically because of the rolling waters at the harbor. The noise relaxed her deeply, much how binaural sound waves calmed a troubled mind, and she greatly enjoyed taking trips up to the bay to listen to the waves roll in.

As Vladislava neared the ocean, a content smile worked its way onto her dark face. It was a beautiful day, what with the bright sun shining down on her, the clear water crashing in and pulling back again, and a soft wind slicing the air. Her fur ruffled at the sea breeze, and her muscles felt less tense as she walked onward to the water. She was wearing her orange dress today, something she rarely did, to be honest, but her ultility belt littered with blades and daggers was still tightly wrapped around her waist beneath it—one could never be too careful, that much was for sure. Her earrings jingled with every step she took, and as she was merely inches from the water, she knelt into the soft sand, sighing with relief.

The water had intoxicated her enough where she didn't notice the ebony Luperci further down the beach, however, so, without a care in the world, she began to hum. It was a song her dear mother used to sing to her before she went to sleep, one about distant lands and untamed territories. It mentioned the oceans of the world frequently, though, which is why Vladi was humming it, and as her hands folded neatly into her lap, she felt as though nothing else could go wrong. All her pessimistic views of society vanished in those brief moments, and were instead replaced with dreams of what actually went right in history.

<style type="text/css">
.vladiport b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #606b6c; }
.vladiport p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vladiport {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#9ea3b0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XHL0F.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #606b6c; padding: 7px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#292c34; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 000 - Woot, Woot, Woot.

It took him a minute before he realized what the sound he heard was. Sitting up on his hands he looked around calmly for the source of the siren's song. As his black eyes turned towards the woman a smile slowly crept on his face. The orange dress fitting a slim, feminine figure of a dark fae. It was good luck, he reckoned, to have found this sort of company in the sand. He watched her from afar for a minute or two before standing up.

As he rose, his black figure would probably have caught in the corner of her eye so he didn't bother taking caution. Instead he strutted over to the girl and, with a smirk in place, proceeded to start up a conversation. "I didn't know that sirens really existed. Or that they were as pretty as you." It was a line, but Toby's deep voice and good looks could actually pull it off for some girls. It was also a joke. He was never very serious when flirting with girls.

He was a flirt though, so he sat down beside her without invitation. "I'm Toby... Got a name?" He told himself not to let his eyes go wondering, instead he held her gaze with his dark eyes and marveled at her pretty little face. Oh yes, this would be an excellent day.

<style>
.tobyocai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.tobyocai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.tobyocai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/oALKD.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #081321; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.tobyocai .inner {margin:5px 10px 195px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:375px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Tables by Cait.
[html]
(--) OOC here

The Russian did not immediately sense the other canine's presence at first. As her song finished, she sighed again, a smile reaching her lips. Soon after this, though, a scent was picked up by her nose, and her grin faded immediately as her head jerked toward the source. It was a black dog, tall and handsome, and he did not hesitate for a split second as he neared her, coming within three feet on her. Vlad did not flinch or bark at him, however. She always adored company, no matter the occasion, and she certainly wouldn't mind sharing the beach with this man. She flashed him a small smile at his pick-up line, though by the tone of his voice—though deep and charming, indeed—he was merely flirting for fun.

She waited until he popped a squat by her before she spoke. "My, my," she breathed, her voice dripping with her foreign accent, "Of all the lines I have heard, that one is new to me." This was partly true—back in Russia, there were many flirts in her town, and she tended to receive more than the rest of the women because of her social status. When you were the heir of a very powerful family, all the men (and some girls, too) would be over you so they could get a part of the fortune.

The male Luperci asked for her name after giving his own—Toby—and by all means she was happy to give it to him. "Vladislava Kalashnikov," she replied, her green eyes shining.

<style type="text/css">
.vladiport b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #606b6c; }
.vladiport {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#9ea3b0; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XHL0F.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #606b6c; padding: 7px 0px 150px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#292c34; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:: 000 - mrlah

The reaction he retrieved from the pretty canine made him beam in pride, his chest slightly puffing out before he caught himself being a bit too arrogant. Instead he let his tone of voice carry his confidence and changed his body language to be nice and friendly. "Well, I, my dear lady, am incredibly creative." Another flirtation. He didn't seem to care as long as she didn't. Of course he couldn't keep this act forever.

Black eyes swept down her appearance once more before looking about the shoreline. "Ain't it pretty here? I have to say, the competition for my heart has long since been won by the sea." This was a true statement. Ever since he could remember the place of waves and salt and sand had been more of a home than he could have ever had. His mother gone, it was like it was the only woman that could offer him a comforting hug when he was as helpless as a pup.

Shortly after a pause for her response he leaned back on his elbows and tilted a head at her. "So Russia, eh?" he proposed, recognizing her accent, "Any excitement there worth going to find?" Now, sure Toby wasn't stable enough to change environments at the time. But the sailor side of him wanted to travel the world for years, living off the waters and learning each ocean's middle name. Plus, this was a conversation starter and, apparently a bit clingy, Toby enjoyed the girl's company way too much to have her running off without a decent talk first.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
Tables by Cait.
[html]
(--) OOC here

Vlad saw Toby's chest puff out in pride, and she give him a lopsided grin in return. His body language soon changed to a more genuine posture, though, probably in fear he would get too cocky for her tastes. He spoke again with undying smoothness, enough to cause any normal women to swoon over him, but she was Vladislava. She did not woo. Rather, she kept her composure and stayed relaxed, and simply nodded at what he had said.

She soon followed his gaze to the sea with green eyes, and she bobbed her head again in agreement. "Да," she answered, bringing up her hand to sweep some of her mane behind her pierced ear. "The sea is..." She paused, yearning for the right word. "... amazing. It can always bring me down to the Earth again if my thoughts cause me to drift away. I love the ocean very dearly." She spoke about the water much like one would reminisce about an old friend, and in all truth the sea was an old friend. It had kept her company on the vessel that brought her to Nova Scotia, after all, and it was a great conversationist if you got to know it well enough. It also had an alluring fragrance and was cooling to the skin. If the sea was a real person, Vladislava would never leave its side, that was for sure.

Toby had figured out her heritage right away, it seemed, and the Kalashnikov heir wondered if her accent was that easy to pinpoint. Either way, she nodded yet again, and soon looked back into his dark eyes. "Россия, да," she responded, a vague smile stil on her gray muzzle. "It is a land worth visiting. Very rich in culture. I would enjoy to return there someday if I ever had the chance... Perhaps to even see my relatives once more." She thought of her younger siblings with a sigh, a distant look overcoming her beam, and caused her emotions to fade to a blank expression. She very much missed her brothers and one sister, and every day she wondered if they felt the same. Had they felt abandoned by her? She didn't know for sure. They were a tight-knit family, however, and she hoped they still loved her as much as she loved them. She would do anything just to embrace them again.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
OOC – Wow... Sorry for the wait -_-'

IC –

Hearing her speak so passionately of the same body of water that he so dearly loved made him smile more. He wanted to pull the stranger into him and make her stay there with him for quite some time. Regardless his urges, he stayed where he was and commented back. "In days I struggle to sleep I come to my bed in the sand. She sings me to sleep many times in a year..." There was a slight wisdom in his voice. Something that made him age and seem older than he was for a second or so. He'd seen troubles and faced demons, yet here nothing existed. It was if he was an old warrior who had found a secret to winning every battle.

Finally, she admitted to her Russian roots and went over what the land was like. Whether she realized it or not Toby sensed the change in the female's mood. Had he caused her sadness? He seemed to always do that... Feeling bad for his actions he reached a hand out to comfort the fae; placing it gently upon her shoulder and giving her a slight reassuring squeeze. "I'm sure if they're important to you then a path will open up for you to go visit home someday, yes?" Then he slowly dropped his hand to avoid her thinking he was making a move on her. "Maybe I'll go there some day and give you a ship to sail upon."

He gave the girl a sweet smile. Toby didn't know how swell of a friend he was capable of being. In fact, girls would love him to be around if only he knew he was as helpful as he was. Years of torment had made him believe he was this evil being; one that would never have any true alliances and would probably die alone. All this aside, he was extremely trusting and trust worthy. He was good at listening but also swell at comforting. He'd been in bad times and he'd known what lonely felt like. The german shepherd was indeed good company. It was just a matter of him realizing it.
[html]
(--) Quite alright, quite alright. 8D

Obviously Toby felt just as strongly about the ocean as she did, and at his wise way of words, she smiled at him. She hadn't thought of retreating to the water when reality became too much. Rather it was sitting on the bay and musing over her life that caused such thoughts to come about, and just as it brought it up, the sea would wash away her troubles with its rhythmic waves. "Mmm..." Vladislava finally nodded as her responce, feeling a slight shudder distribute throughout her body as a fast, but relatively soft wind blew from the water. Along with it the sea breeze brought the refreshing salty scent of the ocean, and this calmed her down a bit.

A dark hand placed itself on her shoulder as Vlad had finished her reminiscing of her homeland, and she looked to Toby again, an absentminded look in her sea-foamy green eyes. "Though that might be true... I am not sure if I can allow myself to see my family," she admitted, forcing herself to looking away from his black eyes. She hasn't really opened up to others about why she left Russia, but, then again, perhaps this German shepherd would understand her feelings if she told him about it. She did need to get it off of her chest, after all, and there was no one she knew that well around here in these lands that she could locate easily. Besides... They wouldn't understand. She believed Toby would, though, as he already understood her feelings about the ocean.

"You see, I... I cannot return to Russia." Vladislava stopped herself from going on further. The thought that Toby probably didn't want to hear a life story flashed in her mind, so she dropped it at that. If he happened to take interest in her situation, though, she would perhaps go on, but not unless he actually cared. He had better things to do than listen to hear sob-story, she was sure.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
-___- SORRY. School sucks.

IC-

The woman seemed to have her guard up. It was like she was new to telling others how she truly felt about her family. Toby understood because he had been a monster and only a few good people knew what it was like to be tormented with causing pain in another innocent beings life. As he let her speak her, she said she wasn't sure if she could really and truly allow herself to see her family again. It bothered Toby slightly but for reasons different than what she might think.

Without showing his distress outwardly, other than his eyes which always betrayed him, memories were stirred of his once best friend. Mya. She'd always been there for him and he'd always protected her... Then that night he had vanished. He didn't even know for sure if she was alive and well. Slightly saddened at this, he was in the mood to comfort someone similar to him. "I'm sorry to hear about that... I know how it feels..." he said with sincerity.

Then, calmly after her last bit of words, he scooted closer and literally offered a shoulder for her to cry on. An arm raised up to hug her gently around her shoulders and he half way pulled her in. His motions were all slow and cautious, expecting to be rejected and not wanting the girl to think he was being sexually aggressive or something. After he was settled with her against him he starred out toward the sea and gently said, "I'll listen to whatever you need to say."
[html]
(--) It's fine, really! :3 I've been a tad but inactive this week as well for the same reason. ouo

The German shepherd male offered a sincere responce to her words, which made Vlad wonder if he had been in a similar situation himself. The pureness in his voice was so real, so unperformed, and she knew he wasn't just saying that to make her feel better. No, she could tell by his words that he was truly sorry for what she had said, despite the fact she had only said a few vague words. "Thank you..."

The black Luperci came closer still, even going as far as to hug her shoulders and draw her closer to him. Likewise the Russian let him hold her near his chest, her ears folding back in sorrow as she thought of her family and what sort of hate they might have felt toward her ever since she left them. And what of her closest sibling, Nikolai? Did he resent her as well? Did the bond they share so dearly fade the day she sailed away from her fate? She physically cringed at the thought, her entire body flinching, and she shut her green eyes. She didn't like to think that the youngest Kalashnikov would loathe her. They had been so close. Their kinship was so strong. But anything could change in the blink of an eye, Vlad knew that very well.

Toby softly told her he would listen to what needed to be said. Vlad fell silent at this, her muzzle dipped toward the sand as her eyes slowly opened. He would understand her. She knew he would. No one else she had encountered she could trust with her pain, but this Luperci... She could tell he had suffered his fair share of pain. He knew what it was like to feel angst, she could tell from his demeanor. With a long sigh she rose her eyes up to his black ones, a vacant look on her face. "I... I left Russia in hopes for a better life." Her words were slow, but not overly so to make him pity her too much. "And although I believe it was for the best to leave... I miss my family. I miss them very much. I miss my younger brother especially, but... If I were to stay with them, I would not be happy with my life. Even if I had stayed, I would be unhappy. But even though I am here, far away from what I would have been forced to do, I am still unhappy that I have not my family to go to." Her eyes lowered to the ground again, distant and very much home-sick.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]