Son of a Gun
ooc: This thread is located in the southernmost part of Northern Tides, so it's in St. John. By the way my betta fish's name is Toby so that's why I was drawn to your thread request post lol

Edgar quietly walked through the woods, he sensed that up ahead was where all the trees and wildlife ended. The boy curiously wandered on, wondering what could possibly be in a place with no trees or wildlife. He had never been in a city. All his life he had lived and roamed in forests, and occassionally small beaches. So that meant that he had never seen anything left by mankind. In fact, he barely even understood what a human was. Edgar's eyes widened as he saw all of the buildings, benches and old fallen street lights. His pet walked ahead of him, seeming to be familiar with the sight of old buildings and other things made by the humans as she flew up above a few of the strange structures and landed on the roof of one. She then looked down at Edgar, who looked back up at her before he opened the door of the one she was sitting upon and looked around on the inside. It appeared to be some sort of shop; there were racks of clothing and plastic boxes of old toys. The dog noticed there were words painted on one of the walls. He walked toward the wall and read it to himself: Salvation Army Weird. Edgar went over to the racks of clothing and pulled out a dark green zip-up jacket with a hood and put it on. It felt very soft and comfortable, so he decided to keep it. Maybe there was something he could wear that he could put over the lower half of his body; he had seen other luperci wearing things like that out in the woods. After looking around, he found a pair of light-colored, baggy jeans and put them on. Edgar continued to look around for other things that might be useful.
OOC – HIII! -spazzwaving- I LIKE FISHIES. BUT MINE ALL DIE. XD Toby's named after the dog my daddy had before I was born. He told me stories when I was little about how huge, smart, and protective he was and I always use to write tiny chapter books about him leading a pack of hungry wolves in the wild xD

IC –

Toby was, well, naked. He was hanging it all out there. He'd long lost the clothes and bag that'd held the knife he once fought with and now he was in need of getting a few things back. In fact, he was so desperate that he'd decided to walk on down to St. John. Although he didn't prefer clothes as much any more, they were still some what decent and useful for cold weather. The bag would be needed to be replaced as well.

In optime form, as usual, he sauntered through the city and inspected each store he found full of things. At one he'd found an old satchel type bag. It wasn't near as large as the messenger bag he use to have but it would do. Another building held the treasures of swiss army knives. He'd gathered three, each having different tools tucked in with the blade, and stuffed it inside his new carrying device as he exited. Now he just needed a shirt or some shorts.

Eyes glazing the stores he distantly caught on to a flash of male luperci headed into a different place. Curiously, the german shepherd walked down the crumbling sidewalk and across the vacant road. Clothes: his first observation inside the place. He entered in after the fellow had taken a few minutes inside. An old metal bell noisily announced his arrival. "Hello?" he called out, his cover already blown for him. Then his towering height allowed him to spot the dog not too far off. The other guy now had on a jacket. He raised a hand lazily in the man's direction before getting distracted by athletic shorts gathered on an old dusty table.
ooc: aw that sucks because fishes are so cute c: That's really cool I wish there was a cool reason like that for why I chose Edgar's name... I just thought it sounded cool lol

Edgar was just finishing up checking himself out in his new clothes that he had found off of the rack when from the corner of his eye he spotted a tall black German Shepherd dog enter the old, abandoned shop. The dark figure then appeared to be saying something; his hand was waving toward the boy. Quickly, the packless male grabbed a black-and-white beanie he saw sitting in one of the boxes on the ground and put it in his bag before approaching the man; who appeared to be eyeing a pair of shorts once he had gotten to him. Edgar quietly took out his notepad and wrote on it; You might want to take those with you, winters around here must be really harsh He then held it up in front of the dog with his lips slightly curled into a generous smile. The luperci wondered if all of these buildings were just as strange to this canine as they were to him. Maybe he should ask him. While he was thinking of these things, the dog's bird flew into the room, right over the stranger's head, and then landed by Edgar's feet. The loving spaniel glanced down at her with the same smile he had used to greet the man, then he looked back up at him.
He had a pair of shorts on. They were nice; long enough to drape down to his knees. He briefly wondered if the beings that created stuff like this had spent a lot of time figuring out sizes. Shopping through old stores like this was something he never really cared too much about unless it was convenient. Other wise, he'd much rather go naked. There was a cracked mirror hanging across him at a wall. He assumed the shorts would be fine after his reflection confirmed his thoughts about them fitting to his liking. Now to find some shirts...

The large muscular figure turned in time to face the other do whom was raising up a note and smiling in greeting. It have took him by surprise. He tilted his head at the sign and the fellow, glancing back in forth until he'd read the writing. "Oh... The winters aren't too bad..." he replied slowly, unsure why the man didn't just talk. Speaking was always an option. The german male had never truly encountered someone who was unable to speak.

Black irises grazed the male's attire. "The jacket will be suitable for winter, I sup–"

A bird sailed through the air right over his head. The large dog, as huge and tough as he looked, jumped in surprise and let out a loud warning growl. Soon the shame filled in at the sight of the mute and his pet exchanging smiles. This guy is weird, he thought and shook his head while his body was forced to relax in his new shorts. "I'm Toby," he finally said with a sigh.
The luperci's scarlet eyes watched the German shepherd as he replied to his written words with talking that he didn't understand. He, the stranger, appeared to be a little weirded out by him; the typical reaction of a luperci he had not told he was deaf before communicating with. Edgar smiled at the thought of how strange he must seen as his pet stood by him, it was true that it wasn't something you'd normally see around there. The dog then wrote, assuming that the male had said his name, My name is Edgar, I'm deaf if you couldn't tell making sure to add the last part so that he wouldn't continue to be confused with more useless talking. Edgar had been familiar with the German shepherd breed because there was a small neighboring pack of the breed that would often butt heads with him and his family. He could even recall the last German shepherd he had met before this one. The encounter hadn't ended too well, the one he had met was a young female that was much taller than him. She and her little brother ganged up on Edgar while he was out drawing by the pond by throwing his art in the water and throwing rocks at him while calling him nasty names.
Sorry about the wait but I'll probably only reply on weekends/rare days in the week now.

IC-

The other man, Edgar as it had become known, was only using the little notepad to communicate. The german shepherd read the note and to his surprise found that the other dog was in fact deaf. He'd never talked to a deaf person before. Curiously he gave another sniff to the male's scent, as if it would smell strange, and inspected his body again. Other than the notepad and his writing there was nothing that the male seemed to not have that Toby did. In fact, Edgar was normal other than his communication skills.

Raising a brow slightly, Toby nodded a bit and looked to the bird and the notepad and the canine's face. Did this mean he'd have to write out replies to the dog? Mya, his adopted sister, and their mother had taught him how to write long ago but with lack of using the skill his hand writing had become sloppy and hard to read. He could read things just fine since that talent was used more frequently, but writing things was a totally different ball game.

Awkwardly, and with quite a confused look on his face, he held his hand out for the notepad and uttered, "May I?" Whether the dog allowed him or not was completely up to Edgar, but Toby would attempt to write a reply if he was allowed to. Sloppily, with the dog's acceptance, the german shepherd would have scripted down. "Toby. I never met a deaf dog."
[html]

ooc: That's alright! I'm really jealous of the fact that you have a life :'c I just powerplayed Toby a bit so that he hands the notepad back to Edgar, so I hope that's okay

Compared to some other luperci out there, and just judging by appearance, Edgar did look to be a normal guy. His friendly disposition usually led to more luperci trying to talk to him, which was difficult to handle when he didn't have his notepad around; his whole life depended on that notepad, if you flipped through all the pages you could probably get a good idea of who he even was and learn a bit of his violent past too. The loner watched as his new acquaintance curiously took in his scent, he had looked as if the scent would be completely different from any other wandering luperci; which was partly true since he had a goose following him around and he cooked quite a bit. The dark male lightly pulled the old notebook out of Edgar's long, skinny hands; then taking the pencil with it and scribbled down a short reply for the spaniel. The shepherd dog handed it back to him, looking up at him so that he would notice. Edgar smiled, sitting down on the desk by the cash register and eagerly read the message with his bright, reddish-orange eyes. The dog wrote back: Now you have, Toby. This place is strange, isn't it? I wonder what set all of this up, "all of this" referring to the whole city, Have you been here before? Hopefully this guy had some time on his hands, Edgar planned on chatting him up a bit; he was always very social and willing to make friends.

<style>
.cloudguilt .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.cloudguilt p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.cloudguilt b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.cloudguilt {background-color:#254893; background-image:url(http://oi45.tinypic.com/2cen59l.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.cloudguilt .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9ECBF7; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Once the other male had replied Toby took the pad from his hands and carefully digested the statement. Surely he knew about this place? The villages, cities, ruins, etc. had always existed in the universe lupercis grew up in. Without truly knowing their origins many dogs had pieced together enough information to assume their exact cause. Black orbs flickered to inspect the dog further before he scribbled down a reply in sloppy scroll. "Lots of places like these exist... We do not exactly know where they're from, but we do know that the area has been left to all of us and all of our uses. I've been to many of these places in past." He handed back the paper and pen as memories stirred in his brain.

Perhaps his first ever experience when the strange objects that had been left behind was with an old barn out in the middle of no where. It was back in the good days, when Mya and Grace led the puppy around. Mya was always smaller, a few months younger, but had had more brains so she often stuck to her mother's side. Toby, on the other hand, was large and clumsy and full of crazed energy. On their adventure to view the structure that stuck out along the grass, Grace had told them to stay with her or they'd end up stuck somewhere. With this order came the immediate disobedience in the adventurer's brain.

The german shepherd pup sailed towards the building and clambered along the wooden floor with excited yips and barks. Too bad for Toby that the barrels in the barn, which he'd hopped up on upon entry, were extremely fragile. The silly dog had fell inside and scratched his big huge paws. Shortly after rescue he was punished for misbehaving and sent to bed without supper.

Returning back from his memories he realized he'd been smiling into space and quickly corrected his posture. Had he looked like an idiot? How long had he'd been zoned out? Eyes met Edgar's for a few tiny seconds before he peaked down at the paper to see the other dog's reply.
[html]

ooc: 1 point from word of the day

The spotted male had never really thought of where his species had come from, he had just grown up not knowing any family history. From what he understood, his family and their ancestors had been living in the area for many generations; and that was it. He never thought that luperci had to be started at one point, he just thought they had always been there and that just maybe there was some other strange species, similar to luperci, that bollixed up their chances of survival and went extinct. Edgar then sprung back to attention; pupils enlargening as he turned his face toward Toby's. He scanned over the bottom of the page that had a few sentences written by his new acquaintance. Edgar then replied: The only other structure similar to this one I've come across was the barn I was born in back in Illinois. It's very strange thinking about how it could have all come here, it couldn't have been made by luperci; it just has to be some other species. It was rather strange that a dog like Edgar didn't know what a human was; having lived in an area where a family of them once lived. There were many drawings of creatures from the boy's imagination that he thought that could have left the buildings and other things behind; they all had the same body-type, but still their faces and other features were far off from what they actually were.

<style>
.cloudguilt .ft-ooc {font-style:italic;}
.cloudguilt p {padding:3px 20px 3px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.cloudguilt b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.cloudguilt {background-color:#254893; background-image:url(http://oi45.tinypic.com/2cen59l.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:230px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0px auto; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; }
.cloudguilt .ft-separator{width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #9ECBF7; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]