of beauty and truth
[html]

Esmeralda and Ares. Aside from the well being of her pack, her pups were now the center of her world, eye to eye with the rest of her family. But the rest of her family could take care of themselves - could sustain themselves and protect themselves - while her new, beautiful pups could not. So helpless and weak yet - she was certain that they would grow into strong, healthy adults, but as of now, they were so tiny she could hold them in her hands.

She was well away from the water's edge, enough so that her pups could not fall in. Not that they were able to in any case - Skye had a close eye on them, and they could not travel far. They were barely two weeks old, and had just opened their eyes, their beautiful eyes - teal and olive green. She watched them as they stared at the soft grass they sat upon, touching it with their soft, new paws and exploring the world around them.

She loved them, she did. But she was still hollow, still controlled by the wall blocking her mind from the rest of her. She stared at her pups, almost blankly, almost as if she was not inside her body. It was strange, the drastic change; it did not stop her from fighting, from training to protect her entire family, but the look in her eyes was not all there.

<style>
.sunnygift b {color:#5782A4;}
.sunnygift p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.sunnygift {font-family:verdana; font-size:7.5pt; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:10px 0px 181px 0px; border:1px solid #D9FFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/022V5.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#FFFFFF; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
(343) OOC: Eclipse is optime and has her bow and quiver as usual, nothin more ^^

Eclipse was feeling happy her thoughts were all over the place, just as unsure as they were the day before. Thoughts weaved in and out of her mind, but they were not sad nor depressed, though the children that lay at the base of the tree they were born in came to her mind often. Today they sprang up on her in a walk through the village and she didn’t stop until after she met the river. She shied away from it.

But it was a small tributary that didn’t even go up to the waist and across it she was sure she hadn’t really checked out before. Before she stopped pacing she decided to cross it and soon let the slow moving water to touch her left foot... then her right, and she hurried as fast as she could through the moving water to get to the other side as fast as she could. She wished she knew how to make bridges because if anything needed bridges she was sure the river that ran through here did. She continued her walk to find herself at a lagoon and soon caught sight of her alpha. She smiled when she saw the puppies and came towards her. She was so relieved that Skye’s puppies survived but she also learned Hotaru’s had died from a sickness and Eclipse couldn’t help but worry for these puppies.

“Hello Skye! What brings you out here?” She asked. With the recent deaths of this pack she was sure the leader was deep in thought and Eclipse never knew of any of the other tragedies that came about in Cercatori’s earlier histories. She was not one for fate or curses so she would feel horrible they happened but she knew things happened for one reason or another. This was probably why she was able to “get over” her children so fast. She smiled down at the two puppies. “They are such beautiful children, I never got to congratulate you until now.” She said quietly.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

She could smell Eclipse before she heard her, and could hear her before she could see her. Her pups, young and undeveloped as they were, could not sense that Eclipse was near until she was almost right next to them - it was then that they began to grow excited and, perhaps, confused at the brilliant new sensations of the world.

She heard Eclipse's chipper voice and could not help but admire the pure innocence and happiness that she brought. "I am just out with my pups, Eclipse," she said softly, quietly, rather unlike her usual self. It was not with animosity that she said those words, however, and they would sound friendly enough to ears not keen.

Her heart almost hurt as Eclipse complimented her pups - the girl's own hadn't made it, like Hotaru's.. Skye could almost not bear to think of it, although it was all that had polluted her mind for days. "Thank you so much," she said in the same soft voice. "I.. am so sorry, Eclipse, that I cannot say the same for you.." Her voice was apologetic, sorrowful - her pain was almost as great as Eclipse's, although she would not claim to know the almost-mother's emotions.

<style>
.sunnygift p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.sunnygift {font-family:verdana; font-size:7.5pt; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:10px 0px 181px 0px; border:1px solid #D9FFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/022V5.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#FFFFFF; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 258 :: Out of character text here.

She smiled as the elder woman spoke and nodded; “It is good to get them to learn the wood young yes? I was born in the time of frozen ground so I was not able to leave for some time myself.” She said reminiscing. She forced herself not to cringe when Skye mentioned her children. Eclipse was sad and had been in mourning for a long time. She was getting better and hoped she would be over this, but it seemed she would; “They were and are beautiful. They will always be. I am young, maybe I was too young and I was not ready. I think that’s why it happened. I will have more hopefully someday in better circumstances.” Her voice was flat and she settled herself next to her leader.

She could see the puppies were getting excited that there was something new to sniff and she looked at Skye hopefully; “May I?” She wasn’t going to pick them up, she just wanted to let them get to know her. She was a part of their pack and they should know she would do all she could to protect these children as she tried with her own. To her, they were not just Skye’s but the whole packs and she knew with any of the other children in the pack, she would protect them with her life. Jace’s and Skye’s puppies were the only ones that were here right now, but that was enough reason to be happy.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]
[html]

Skye nodded automatically as Eclipse said it was good to let them know the woods young, before the cold winter rolled in and all the trees and bushes would die of the bitter cold; she supposed it was. Her pups yelped and pawed at each other in curiousity and excitement - everything was new to them, even each other.

She looked at Eclipse for a moment as she said that her pups were beautiful, and always would be - she said she was simply too young. "I hope that is so," the alpha said quietly in response to Eclipse's wish that she would have pups of her own. She idly wondered if they would be Robert's - she had seen them together quite a lot, and her son had not lived in her home for some time since going to live with Eclipse.

"Yes," she said, allowing Eclipse to touch the pups - they would not understand who she was, but they would soon. Her mind wandered again to her son and Eclipse. She did not want to appear weak to Eclipse - she needed her alpha, and Skye wanted to be able to be strong, or at least happier than she was at the moment.

"I see Robert has gone to live with you," she said lightly, attempting to interject light conversation; and perhaps, if it came to it, a bit of teasing...

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
(371) OOC: Uh oh did things get a little uncomfortable? XDD

She could barely tell the unhappiness in the other female, but she could understand why. Eclipse felt horrible hearing about Hotaru’s children and knew she was hurting far more than Eclipse ever would. Even Levant hadn’t taken it well and left the pack. It was sad to think about but now they had two new members to take care of and Eclipse hoped that her words she gave to Skye were ones to help lift her spirits. Eclipse really was young. She had time for more pups if she could, and this time she would be ready and know what to expect when she went into heat again. For now though, she would be happy and content in staying puppy free, and learn from the leader and others who had them before falling into the trap of having her own.

At Skye’s permission Eclipse moved her hand closer to the excited little things. She could see they could not see well at all, and they were so tiny. She smiled thinking about how lively the two were, one black and one light colored, she wondered who the father was but did not dare ask the woman who she had the children with. HEr hand stopped and stood still at Skye’s words of her son living with Eclipse. She hadn’t thought of that. He had been staying to keep her company, they would talk until she fell asleep, about one thing or another, he would keep her mind off the puppies even though her mourning had been over for a few days now, she did not think of her children and when she did it did not depress her as much. But he did not leave her side unless she went off on her own, and then he would be waiting when she came back. She flushed a little at the thought; “Well uh... I don’t know, he’s kept me company since... well since the puppies, I don’t know if he lives with me though;” Her eyes locked onto the two little puppies and refused to go to the leader, the mother of the man that she cared for dearly and had not told her feelings about yet.

<style type="text/css">
.eclipseclock b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #5c6730; }
.eclipseclock {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#d9da9a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6AuC4.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #87885d; padding: 187px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5c6730; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

It truly was a terrible thing, the death of the pups as of recently, sickness, plague.. her hollow and cold countenance only exemplified the grief that was being experienced by the pack. They had lost three d'Artisans that day.. Levent had left not too long afterwards, feeling the guilt that was piled on by Hotaru's rage and grief.

She watched her squirming pups as Eclipse's hand drew nearer to them. They could not see well, although their beautiful eyes were open - no doubt her hand was like a brown blur to them, and the scent vaguely alive but not yet identifiable to their undeveloped noses. Eclipse's hand stopped, however, as she registered Skye's words.

Skye did not smile, but her ears perked as Eclipse stumbled over her words, trying to explain her current relationship with her son. "Well, I haven't seen him in quite a while," she said, lightly teasing the wolf but not trying to make her too uncomfortable. "It's a good thing - before you showed up, he hardly ever left the house." Lazy, that's what Skye had thought that Robert was, but he was still her son and still of the pack - it was better, now that he had met Eclipse and was being more outgoing, at least.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
(318) OOC: whee fun!!!

She kept her hand near the pups, knowing one would possibly bite her, but they had no teeth so it wouldn’t be too bad, her attention was mostly on Skye now and Eclipse was a color of red that made her fur glow it. She lblinked a few times not sure how to speak. Robert was Skye’s son after all. “You have raised him well, he was there for me the whole time... I think... I think I would not have made it if it wasn’t for him.” She said finally looking back at the two little pups that were playing together. She smiled. Thinking about the possibility of puppies again. The thought had scared her to death at first when she found out. Now that she had gotten used to the idea someday she knew she would want puppies. She would wait though for a mate and a proper time.

“You are right though, it took a lot to get him to do things.” She said barking a laugh out. It was true. She had to dare him to hunt just to get him out. He wasn’t bad, if he had practice at it and she was sure when things got better she would have him out in the open again and hunting in no time. “I am glad I met him.” She said with a finality though she was still quite red faced. She had been keeping her love for him a secret and she wasn’t sure his mother really should know before him, but then, wasn’t that the way it went? Her eyes moved back onto Skye trying to decide if she really should tell her. It would probably change their relationship and that was what Eclipse feared. She did not want Skye to be resentful in any way for taking her son from her mothering grasp.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

She nodded slowly at her assertion that he helped her; she was glad for it, that her son had helped one of the pack. It was productive, at least. She did not mean to say that her Robert was completely useless, but he had been cooped up in her own house for so long, she had been beginning to wonder if she should ask him if he was going to contribute anything but books any time soon. It seemed that Eclipse has changed that part of him.

She snorted, the laugh without humor, when Eclipse said that it took a lot for him to 'do things'. "I would think so," she said, "you must be pretty extraordinary to him, for him to take action for you." She winked at Eclipse, her heart growing slightly lighter at the jest.

She supposed she knew Eclipse was embarrassed, but it was all in good fun - she wished to lighten her pack mates' hearts, rather than to dull their happiness with her own dour mood.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
(318) OOC: bwahahaha

She never really knew Robert as he had been before. He was reluctant at first, he could tell. Especially when she first met him, that horrible day she woke up outside from a dream that seemed so real. She had that dream many times after it, but recently since her miscarriage and Robert had started sleeping in the chair next to her bed that dream had left her though the dreams she had brought nightmares of lost children for a while, lately they have been ones she would be far more embarrassed by if Skye could see them, or even Robert for that matter.They were made from the care he had been giving her and the thoughts she had since that night on the roof when they watched the stars together. She already knew she cared for him, but was still very afraid to tell him.

She was blushing even more at Skye’s words and looked down, trying to think of words to make things worth it. She looked back at her leader; “He does mean a great deal to me.” She finally admitted to the mother of the man she loved and the pups who were scrambling around trying to figure out the world around them. She felt shy again but gave her alpha and friend a smile She was like a mother she never had helping her with things like helping her with Grace when she first came to the borders, and then getting her to understand the horse was not going to let her shoot arrows without proper training, and it seemed Skye helped her realize and understand her love for the brown male. He’d done so much for her, and she wanted to make it up to him in any way she could. “Thank you.... for everything.” She said fondly to the female.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

Despite herself, despite her crumbled stone mind that rotted in the face of tragedy, she returned the warm smile that Eclipse had given her. It seemed that Skye had given Eclipse more than just words - she had given her something more, and now Eclipse loved her son. Skye was not sour for it in the least. She had longed for her children to find something more than physical items in the world, and although she could not see it for Nathaniel, at least one of her children had now found it.

She had lost Bangle, and could not say for herself that she found love anywhere else. But as long as her pack members had - then she was happy for them, for the time being. If Eclipse found solace in her son, then she did not wish anything else for them.

"You are welcome, Eclipse," she said genuinely, with the love of a mother and her pups. She was not blind - she could also see that Robert loved Eclipse as well. She nudged Eclipse mischievously, then, giving her a half-smirk; "I suppose I will be seeing grandpups soon?" she joked.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
(230) OOC: look what you did!!

Eclipse did not know what was going through the woman’s mind, not with Eclipse herself so wrapped up in her own thoughts as to what the woman thought Eclipse’s own intentions were, but it seemed that Skye was a very blunt woman and she showed it in her next comment after thanking Eclipse. The young woman balked. Her head filled with so many answers that she had to sort each one of them out. Most of them were rude and inconsiderate to her leader and near mother figure, and then others.... well she didn’t think it was best to say to the woman.

It did however remind her of the puppies that were burried in the ground by the treetop terrace. The thought made her almost cry out. It had been many weeks but just small reminders made her just want to wish she were holding her children. She saved herself by shifting from foot to foot. She was stable enough that she would not cry over her lost children, and Robert was helping her keeping her company at night to sooth her nightmares. She looked over at Skye; “Not soon, no. He does not know.” She said unable to keep the solumn tone from her voice. it grew thick as she tried to remain strong, her emotions were well kept but not one hundred percent.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

Skye had not truly realized what she said until the words left her lips, and Eclipse's face contorted into a crushed and forlorn countenance. No doubt Skye's own comment had reminded her of the pups she could have had if not for the tragedy striking the woman. The thought eradicated all laughter from her face, and she flattened one ear, sorrow in her voice as she spoke.

"I am sorry, Eclipse," she said. "It was callous of me." She would never harm a pack mate intentionally, and here it seems that she had, through her blunt words.

Eclipse's voice was thick with sorrow and grief, and Skye wished she could wipe her worries away - only time, however, could heal the wound that the pups had torn in the young woman's heart. Time, and perhaps Skye's own son, who seemed to be able to soothe her pain, at least somewhat.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
(347) OOC: haha all skye's fault.

Eclipse held up her hand and shook her head, clenching her jaw getting rid of the large lump in her throat; “No, you were just trying to lighten the mood. It is ok. I will be fine.” She said, her mouth curving up a little bit; “Someday I will have children, like you, I am still young as I said... it’s possibly for the best, really. I was not ready to be a mother. It is better that happened than something worse.” Eclipse said, she didn’t think she would ever do anything to purposefully harm her children. Ever. But there were always worse ways to die. She was sure she wasn’t ready and if something were to happen to them after they were born it would surely be far more painful than the one they experienced inside.

She shook her head, trying to get her mind off it, looking down at the newborns by Skye’s feet; “I will just have practice with yours. If you are ok with it, when they get older. I would love to see them grow up some, and it will help me become ready for my own children someday.” She said knowing she would care for these two as she would her own, maybe not as much as she would have her own blood but close enough no one would be able to tell. They were pack and family and Skye was alpha; “Their father came to see them. Did I tell you, we did not name them, they were in the hands of mother earth, she would name them and give them a home at least that was what Razekiel taught me but... he stayed with them for a long time.” She said, suddenly going back to her own children, it was hard not to think about them, not with the memory so fresh in her mind. She let a finger stroke on the little boys head, which moved towards her hand to see what it was that has touching him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]
[html]

Although Eclipse assured Skye that all was well, the guilt that Skye felt did not abate. She knew how hard it was to lose someone close to you, and although Eclipse had not truly known them, it still must have hurt the woman hard. It was strange, to hear the woman talking of fate and how things would have been; Skye never truly believed in fate or destiny, and did not try to think of things that could have been.. although memories did seep through her waking thoughts at times.

"You are certainly welcome to take care of them any time," Skye said with a wink - although they were not old at all yet, barely have begun opening their eyes, they were a great handful, and Skye would appreciate any help that came her way.

Skye reached out her hand to place on Eclipse's shoulder in a comforting manner, looking her in the eye. "They are at peace now," she said softly. It was not an abundance of words that she said, but she offered her condolences, her presence and her comfort. The instinct of a wolf and a canine took over, and she moved to nuzzle Eclipse and offer her comfort.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
(349) OOC:

The pass between being normal and happy, her usual self, and the sadness and dispair was always work, not that she had to work for them to be there, but she had to work to keep herself in line like now when she passed between normalcy and despair it was hard. She just wanted to cry out and rip the fur from her body. It seemed Skye knew what to say though because her words were calming and the motherliness of the woman made Eclipse feel warm and happy as though she too was one of Skye’s children.. She could have been, Robert was only a few months younger than Eclipse herself. She was taken aback when the woman had come to nuzzle her, and she closed her eyes and let the woman rub on her affectionately.

“y-yes they are at peace. Thank you Skye;” She said trying to keep her voice straight.. She stood looking once more at the woman’s beautiful puppies; “I will be fine soon. Thank you for having my company, you and your children are always welcome in my home.” She said a sad smiled on her face. Then took her leave, not sure if she felt better or worse than she had when she came. Her mind and body was still in turmoil over everything that happened so recently. She promised herself she would be fine, but Skye also gave her more to think about; Robert. He was everything to her and she would have to tell him sooner or later. If he denied her then she wouldn’t know what to do, but she knew her depression would be far longer than she would expect, but what if he reciprocated, he sure seemed set on keeping his promise, and he’d really been staying in her home with her and took care of her, helped her eat... yes there was much to think about as she moved back toward her home, her tail low to the ground, her body defeated but her mind a whirl with ideas and thoughts.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Kite/Aly
[/html]