Flaming Hearts.
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 306/ OOC: Rawr yep I think i'm getting slightly better at playing mute shaw hahaha

In Character

Shawchert was not at all focused on just his hands, though it seemed that way, he let his gaze go back to the black man who had put both Sky and the other wolf down, and Sky spoke which made Shawchert cringe. He never gave her reason to join in the fight, though he was an elder to them all, he was capable of fighting. He wanted to say that to Zalen as it seemed he thought Shaw asked Sky to team up on the idiot who wouldn’t even care about his own alphess who had been stricken hard by amnesia. He let Tharin speak and once he was done, Shaw could only say so much “Tania” though the word was garbled and hard to understand he then ripped up a bit of the grassy area, exposing the dirt, patted it down, spelled his daughters name out and folded his arms, showing how he protested against Tharin’s wishes.

Being as new as he was Shaw barely knew what to do about those who were higher rank and being once an alpha himself, and newly out of slavery for several months, he hated bowing down to those less deserving and right now Tharin was not deserving of such a thing, not yet, Shaw had always believed in respect by earning, and so far there was none earned in any way, though Shaw would not get any respect by the interruption in their fight and his ability to take care of himself, but he supposed if he had to live here in a foreign pack because he could not provide for himself he was not deserving of the respect. He let himself slump down again, letting his eyes drop back to the ground, knowing Sky would relay the rest of the situation to Tharin.

<style>
.Firetable-shaw p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Firetable-shaw b {color:#D83500;}
.Firetable-shaw-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Firetable-shaw-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#DDE6CF; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Firetable-shaw-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Firetable-shaw {background-color:#010101; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#474844; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/e9VqU.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 240px 0px; }
</style> Coding by sie
[/html]
[html]
534 - Sky's going off a bit. x: She'll probably get bitten for it. XD

Zalen's words stung. Two against one? Bullshit! She was defending a packmate who could do nothing to defend himself! Tharin had no reason to attack. He'd given no warning! He'd maybe, at best, growled or rumbled or something. But then, both males had been acting like children. She was biased for Shawchert, which should've been expected- he'd been her mate! But Tharin hadn't been a Gamma. He'd been nothing more than a soldier- and that was not was a Gamma was meant to be. Not a guard. Not a tyrant. Certainly not someone who attacked an elder!

Of course, what Tharin said next sent her hackles on end and her jaw tightened, eyes snapping over to the so-called Gamma with a dangerous chill in them. Struck back!? She waited just long enough to let Shawchert get his two cents in before adding her own. "It's a rank you don't deserve!" She spat, not really caring that Zalen would probably take a chunk out of her for it. He'd gotten his turn to speak. Shawchert couldn't speak. It was her turn now.

"Zalen, Sir, Tharin attacked Shawchert, an Elder, without any clear warning. Shawchert didn't challenge his rank or his dominance! He became defensive in a coversation about his daughter! That's hardly anything to punish, sir." She remarked coldly, before settling her hackles a bit to calm down and explain further. "Shawchert and I were sitting and discussing Titania, and what we could do for her, if only to put our own minds at ease. She's my god-daughter, sir, and Shawchert's daughter. Forgive us for bringing her up, but honestly, we can't rest easy until we know she's safe, memory or not."

She inhaled sharply, and continued. "Tharin disapproved of us doing anything to help her and when Shawchert became defensive- I might've been a touch defensive myself, Sir- Tharin gave absolutely not real warning and attacked Shawchert. I give you my word that if anyone challenged Tharin's rank, it was me." She paused, then shot a glare his way. "Because honestly, Sir, I don't think a wolf who's so close-minded and quick-tempered is the right choice to be a Gamma. Punish me if you want, but Tharin does not deserve his title, and so long as he remains a Gamma, I will continue to challenge it." Whether anyone liked it or not- she would not rest until justice be paid. This wasn't even a matter about Titania anymore- this was for the pack's own safety and well-being.

Tharin wasn't luperci, which in any other situation would've been fine, but he'd been raised without the altered instincts a luperci had. As far as she could tell, anyway, he didn't realize how personal her kind could be, how emotionally driven compared to an instict-driven non-shifting wolf. Every other pack in the area was Luperci led. If Tharin ever went to one of those packs, representing New Dawn, and became angry over another's emotional ideals as he had today, god knows what could happen to New Dawn's reputation and peace. No, she would not stand for a short-tempered Gamma who cared little to nothing for his packmate's feelings and emotional health. How shallow!

[/html]
[html]
Word Count :: +4 OOC.

Tharin, as always, spoke with earnest and pure logic. He left out many details to discuss only the bones of the matter. Zalen’s brow furrowed as he listened; Tharin obviously had been offended by their behavior and had reacted in the only way he felt he should; through a show of intense dominance. The Alpha’s eyes drifted over to Shaw, who struggled to pronounce Titania’s name before giving up and writing it into the dirt. So, the fight had been over Titania? This darkened Zalen’s mood even further, only to become turbulent as Sky spoke.

Zalen had known from the moment he had let Sky into New Dawn that she was a proud and dominant woman, but what she said about Tharin was not only and insult to the Gamma, but also an insult to Shawchert and Zalen. It was an insult to Shaw that she would assume that, despite his crippled nature, he did not have the ability to fight back. It was an insult to Zalen because he had chosen Tharin as Gamma because he trusted him and respected his opinion, and Sky was basically telling him he was wrong. Zalen’s lips drew back instantly and he snarled viciously at the femme, walking over her Secui form with his much larger Optime, moving to straddle her and force her to submit, You will watch your tongue subordinate! I will not have you speak to me that way. The growl continued to rumble in his throat, as he turned sharp eyes to look back to Tharin, Your rank affords you the right to protect your dominance, but I believe you lacked clarity in this situation. Next time, learn to watch your temper, and choose to pick fights with those who deserve them. I know you are not Luperci, and therefore your mind is clear of the concerns that plague us two-leggers, but as Gamma you must learn the intricacies of our emotions and learn to respect them. He huffed out, and then turned to Shaw, And you, you should be wise to respect those above you, even if you don’t agree with them. Understand that the lives we live in New Dawn are much different than anywhere else.

Then, relaxing his stance somewhat and stepping away from Sky, As far as Titania goes, know once and for all, I will not look for her, and I would ask that you all do the same. She is ill, and I believe seeing us would be distressing for all parties. She did not even recognize her own father, surely she would not recognize her former pack-mates or… His voice hitched in his throat momentarily, and he shook his head to be rid of it, We must learn to move on and take solace in the fact that she is alive and well in body, if not in mind.

Photo courtesy of djkb

<style>
.KMTT_Zal2 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_Zal2 b {font-family:verdana; color:#5b1f13; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#522e26 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_Zal2 {background-color:#684a37; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... len2-2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:368px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_Zal2 p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.KMTT_Zal2 p b:after {content: close-quote;}
.KMTT_Zal2 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_Zal2 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #522e26; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
Tharin's eyes flicked over to Shaw. There was still defiance there, a lack of respect for his rank. He didn't care for that show. If he hadn't so forcibly been separated and had it made clear that he was to stop Tharin would have leaped over again to finish what he had started. The cry from Sky brought his hackles fully raised, snarling again. Not a rank he deserved? It was one he had earned, and worked hard for! How dare she challenge him!

His growls increased in tempo as Sky continued to speak. The worst was when she opened her mouth, questioning Zalen's judgement. Even if Tharin was not worthy of the rank, Zalen had trusted him with it, and saying that Zalen had lacked the sight to be able to see that was a grave insult. Tharin wanted to punish her for that, but it wasn't his place. The alpha would be the one to fight for his honor. If he didn't, Tharin wouldn't want him as alpha.

The alpha's mood was getting worse. Tharin silenced himself, crouching down in a show of submission. He didn't want to be the next on Zalen's list after this display. He had made it clear before that he wouldn't challenge Zalen's choices, and would step aside for him. He wouldn't insult the alpha by acting impudently. The rough show of strength relaxed Tharin, watching the world return to how he believed it ought to be. The alpha was strong.

As Zalen turned to him Tharin's eyes dropped to the ground, doing his best not to whimper as he listened to the words. He nodded his head, slight confusion flickering. Emotions? He had felt their tempers rise at his opposition, but for him the challenge of dominance and the lack of respect had been the problem. The emotional problem had not existed for the wolf. Some element of the fight had gone over his head, leaving him with two furious wolves that he did not trust to behave.

The slight hitch in Zalen's voice brought the large male's head up, picking up the sorrow. He whined softly, stepping over to nudge against Zalen before backing up again. As you say. That was the end of the matter for him. Tharin found a place to settle a fair distance from the ashes, not wanting to leave until Zalen had relaxed and dismissed them all.
[html]
Out of Character

WC: 245/ OOC: Terribly sorry about the delay ; ; SO MUCH TO DOOOOO

In Character

Shawchert was confused. This pack was much the same as his birth one, though he knew a bit less strict or he would be dead right now, but in many ways it was far different from what he was used to. He listened to Sky, and back to Zalen, both were furious, Sky because of Tharin, Zalen because of sky tharin and himself. Zalen spoke to him and Shawchert lowered his head respectfully. It would take a bit more learning to do all this and for someone such as himself, he knew he could not rise in the ranks, a cripple could never do so.

At the mention of Titania, his paternal thoughts came through, he was upset that such things should be said. She didn't’ even know who she was let alone where she was, and it worried him that if she didn’t know that, could it mean she forgot how to hunt? He wiped away his word, to form new ones “She’s confused. She needs safety, Orin. Juliet?” He looked up at Zalen. Zalen wanted to drop the subject but this was Shawchert’s daughter. He wasn’t just going to let her wander around the land confused only to find her self in Salsola.... his heart wretched at the thought. Shaw grimaced as he stood, he nodded to Zalen once then made a stiff head bob at Tharin, looked meaningful at Sky, his sadness and confusion and then left toward her cabin to think,

<style>
.Firetable-shaw p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Firetable-shaw b {color:#D83500;}
.Firetable-shaw-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Firetable-shaw-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#DDE6CF; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Firetable-shaw-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Firetable-shaw {background-color:#010101; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#474844; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/e9VqU.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 240px 0px; }
</style> Coding by sie
[/html]
[html]
309 - Yeaaaaaaaaah not my best post.

It wasn't hard. The moment he approached, she shrank down, tail tucking to her side slightly and ears vanishing amongst tufts of bleached blond mane. She whined sharply when he spoke, the very end of the whine mixing with a growl of protest. Still, she didn't struggle or retort once he began addressing the others. She remained still and her head kept down, on her paws as she waited for the black alpha to get off. His words were fair and she found herself with no arguments. When he brought up Titania, he finally got off so the wolfdog sat up, torn ears perking. The way he spoke of her made sense... but she could tell just by his tone that he was hurting. With a soft whine, she lowered her head as Tharin moved to nudge the man. Fair. Fine. Alright.

Sky moved to brush pelts with the alpha, keeping herself low. However, as she opened her mouth to speak, Shawchert had started writing in the dirt again. She stood where she was, reading as he wrote, then looked up to meet his gaze. The look was meaningful and tough she wanted to comfort him, the alpha's word was just that- law. She sighed softly as Shawchert headed off, turned to nudge Zalen again and whined. "I'll go tend to his burns." She paused as she turned away, looking over her shoulder to Zalen. "...but... Zalen... could we have a talk later? Nothing bad. I..." She wouldn't finish the sentence. She was worried about him. He hadn't been... acting the same lately. Not since... she wanted to make sure he was okay. As a healer, she had to take into account not only physical wounds, but emotional wounds as well. From what she could tell, her Alpha was suffering in some way. She just wanted to help.

[/html]