Help me, if You Can
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

• Setting: The day is lost
  • Form: Optime

• The days of complications were not yet behind her, but a present the decision was to carry on as though they had. As she had spent her days wallowing without purpose, the destructive cycle was broken by a strong nip to her ear that morning. A command from an avian companion to rise and be productive for that day.

It was in that action that the Issor decided what to occupy her day with; falconry as she had involved herself with enthusiastically whilst in Ichika. A practice she sought to bring to Sangi'lak those moons before but had delayed for too long. That, and train her latest addition. The large vulture that was as elegant as it was intimidating, but for all his looks, his temperament was something of an annoyance. Though she could not change the personality of a creature, she could at least adapt to him and broaden the relationship between the two.

Upon rising, the female went out from that morning accompanied by the dark bird on a walk. As she had with the owls, she began the gestures and words easy enough for the bird to grasp, but his willingness to show his understanding was severely lacking. While she was aware he was capable of more, he was reluctant to exhibit it for one reason or another. So she humored him instead and walked on in silence, only giving him attention when a sound was made of his volition and responded in a way they would understand.

Their walk took them beyond Sangi'lak into the wild lands that bordered them. There small fodder roamed without fear save for the occasional predator and nature continued its slow but steady takeover of the deceased humans' ruins. After some time of silence, her companion began to speak again, this time implying the vastness of the sky and how is wings hurt from being folded. Asking permission, she gathered and smiled with satisfaction. The wide eyes of the creature looked to her expectantly and she extended an arm in gesture for the bird to take flight. As he rose to the sky, a lone ocher bit of down fluttered down to grace her shoulder, caught within the fox fur that lined it. X'yrin paid little mind to it as she watched the great bird soar overhead, rolling with the winds and sweeping down for the thrill of descent.

When signaled that he was elated again, she began calling to him not with words intertwined but to gain his attention as a lone bird was darting across the blue. Again she sounded to gain his attention, then called to him about the bird, forcing a relationship between that prey and the sound...

451 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {
    background-image:none;
    padding:10px;
    line-height:12px;
    margin:5px auto; width:85%;
    background-color:#938d93;
    border:1px solid #2d242d;
    font-size:10px;
    color:#2d242d;
    border-radius:2px;
    border-style: dashed;
    -moz-border-radius:2px;
    -webkit-border-radius:2px; }

.oocinfo {
    width:250px;
    margin:5px; }
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]
    (--) Vladi happens to have her cloak on today. ouo

The soft song of the wind blew through the trees, reaching to the Russian's ears, whispering secrets to her. The wolfess had listened to the serenade for a moment or two, but soon tuned out as she walked along the trees, gently tugging the reigns of Dmitrii if he had been lagging behind. The dark cloak on her shoulders obscured most of her figure, save her face, arms, and part of her legs, and green eyes were shining brightly on a gray face. Vladislava turned her attention to the treetops, watching the birds flutter from branch to branch, and also saw a larger bird higher up, more than likely farther up than the trees themselves, but paid it no mind. Birds such as that one were common folk, after all.

The Russian heir looked over at her Clydesdale companion, and heard a snort escape his nose. She didn't bother questioning him about it, because not only would she not recieve an answer—she didn't know anything about low speech—but it would cause more noise than necessary. She didn't particularly want her presence to be made public unless she saw fit for such an occasion, and a casual walk through the woods wasn't worth it, at least in her mind. She figured many others would feel the same and instead embrace the wood's silent harmony, for not even the world's most incredible piece of music compare to soundlessness. It could, however, easily break right through it and ruin what silence had been there, but Vlad would rather not think about that at the current moment.

Perhaps she had thought too soon, though, as almost immediately after she mused over this, she heard sounds cracking the silence just north of her. She turned her eyes to look in said direction, ears twitching and nose sniffing to pick up the individual's location, and soon concluded it was a female canine some ways ahead. This made Vlad curious—who was this woman calling for? Perhaps the Kalashnikov heiress could assist her in finding whom she was calling for. Or, perhaps, she could befriend her. She did happen to be in need of a few peers other than Dmitrii, after all...

A dark leg swung over the sadle on the horse and matching arms soon snapped at the reigns, causing the horse to trot off at fast, but not overly furious pace. Her hooded cloak flapped around in the wind, as well as her mane, but Vladislava ignored it. Instead she narrowed her eyes on the figure coming into her field of vision, and pulled slightly at Dmitrii's ropes to slow him just a bit. As she drew nearer and nearer to the fall-colored woman, she gradually slowed her horse, until he came into a complete stop yards away from the new female. Vlad was careful to keep her distsnce should she turn out to be not so friendly, but close enough where they could engage in conversation. "Алло," she greeted pleasantly, her native tongue involuntarily seeping into her speech, "Are you looking for someone? Would you like any help? Perhaps I could lend a hand." She worded her language carefully, to where it wouldn't cause alarm but would show her Vlad was willing to help out. She was, after all, a servant at heart, and fixing and helping others was what she did.

<style type="text/css">
    .vladitree b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #8d7f6c; }
    .vladitree p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
    .vladitree {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#958576; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/cSwmN.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6d6357; padding: 237px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#312c27; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
    </style>[/html]
    [html]
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: :3 Goodie

Again, she called for her companion but his lacking obedience made it apparent he did not want to be controlled. Or perhaps it was something more; a distraction that turned the vulture's eye away from the small bird to something larger trotting below.

What he chose to utter in response the Nomad could not immediately make out. Something large...something fast. Something strange...a hump sat on a four-legged creature. The description was not something easily recognized, but it was enough to warrant the woman's caution. With umber arm and claws extended she let her voice rise for her companion to return readying her arm as a perch. Yet the sound of heavy footfalls forced her arm to rise ushering the vulture from his descent back into the vast skies to hover. A falconer caught in the middle of her training, X'yrin turned to face the intrusion, her muzzle initially contorted in a frown as her eyes beheld the height of the beast and its cloaked rider upon its back.

Something large...something fast. No doubt this was the 'strange' sight her companion spoke of though it was not of as much impresses as X'yrin had anticipated. A horse and its rider...and a seemingly helpful one at that. The cold pull of her face lessened as warm amber eyes surveyed the pair from their distance. A stout ear twitched in thought, recalling the kind offer with some confusion. Looking for someone? Had she meant the sound the Nomad uttered? Tipping her muzzle skyward she acknowledged the great bird again and issued the same call for his attention. This time receiving his eye and swift descent to her shoulder. "...not looking....training," the Exultare smiled as she returned her shrouded gaze to the woman and horse. As she dipped her head in polite greeting, the loose strands of auburn mane fell in front of her eyes, veiling them further even as she rose. "My apologizes for the confusion," pulling back the lengthy wild locks woven with her companion's feather, she let her fingers slip between the mass and favor a long, black feather between her thumb and index. "I hope our training did not disturb your travel miss...?"

368 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]
    (--) :3

Vlad watched with patient eyes as the other woman made the sound she had made earlier, and a large bird soon perched onto her shoulder. The bird caught her attention, and soon her green eyes were locked with its form—it was a beautiful creature in her green eyes, and although she wasn't as knowledgable in the winged beings, this one had her curiosity piqued. Perhaps the Russian would read up on birds whenever she got the chance—that is, if such a thing could happen now. She hadn't held a book other than the romance novel she took from her home in Moscow, and she yearned greatly for another good read.

Green eyes locked into amber ones, despite auburn strands falling in front of the latter. A polite smile was on the lighter woman, and Vladi felt compelled to return it. She waited a moment, however, to see the woman's verbal responce, and soon she had one. Immediately after hearing it, though, the Russian felt her eyes widen. She had disturbed this female's training? This simply wouldn't do. Not without the proper apology, at least. She had intruded something possibly very crucial, and she did not like invading others' atmosphere in the slightest. The girl was quick to slide off of her horse and take a few steps forward before placing a hand above her left breast, near her heart, and bowing deeply to the other canine, dark hair falling from her shoulders into her face. "No, no, I apologize for interrupting your training," she protested, her eyes slowly raising back up to hers. "I did not know... Мои извинения, мисс." She had been so caught up in the thought of expressing her sorrow for intruding that she slipped back into her Russian tongue again, but did not notice it.

Eventually she straightened her back again, and pushed her dark mane behind her cloak. At the umber woman's question, she shook her head stiffly. "Not at all. We were just passing through, is all." Vladislava looked over her shoulder and took Dmitrii's reigns again, softly pulling him forward. She soon looked back at the other female, though, green eyes darting from the bird to the woman. "I... am Vladislava," she introduced herself slowly, and rested a pink paw on her Clydesdale's neck. "This is Dmitrii. It is a pleasure to meet you." She bowed her head after this and waited, expecting at least a genuine responce from the woman. She seemed pleasant, and Vlad was keen on starting a conversation if the umber wolf was willing.

<style type="text/css">
    .vladitree b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffe7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #8d7f6c; }
    .vladitree {margin:0 auto; width:477px; background-color:#958576; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/cSwmN.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #6d6357; padding: 237px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#312c27; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc:

On neutral grounds way from her Family, displays of submission were hardly called for. Rather the two of them be on equal ground even if it was often deemed polite to dip or bow. Her own show, she would argue was a habitual display of good will. This female's however, made the fine golden fur stand on the nape of the Nomad's neck, though not unpleasantly. She whined softly, indicting the gesture was appreciated but not necessary.

"It is alright...truly," the Exultare smiled and dipped her muzzle politely. The girl's accent was not lost on her, nor the strange words she uttered in haste. Foreign, if ever an example presented itself. Though arguable to one's perception. As the Nomad had heard the sort of accent before, recently for that matter, she assumed upon that bit of information that this wanderer was of that family though its name was lost to her.

As the air of formality and apology waned at last she felt much better and felt her smile return fully with its accustomed radiance shining brightly. "A pleasure to meet you Vladislava....Dmitri," she greeted them properly nearly twisting her tongue in the process of enunciating. "I am X'yrin, a Nomad of Sangi'lak and Issor-it's Alpha. But you can call me X'y if you'd like." Feeling the gentle pressure of thick claws against her shoulder, she gestured with a casual shrug to the large vulture grasping tightly. "My companion here does not have a name," she continued whilst raising a claw to tease beneath his beak. "He has not yet told it to me...nor does he seemed to want to. Did you name your companion? Or did he offer his name to you?"

286 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]
    (--) OOC here.

A soft whine reached the dark wolf's pierced ears, and by it she knew the other woman didn't see submission as humble as bowing really all that necessary, but Vlad was a servant by nature. It mattered not if her peers accepted her respect, albeit with either embarrassment or reluctance. All that mattered was that their needs were attended to, and since the Russian wasn't the actual servant of the golden female, upmost curtesy was still to be in play, no matter the circumstances. Even if she had been outright rude to Vlad, she still would try to respond with kindness and humility. At her words the Kalashnikov heiress merely nodded, her movements a bit more smooth than when they had been rigid earlier.

The woman soon introduced herself as X'yrin of Sangi'lak, and stated she was the Alpha of this pack. The name of the Nomadic group seemed familiar to Vlad at first, and she soon remembered where she had heard it from—with this in mind, she was quick to nod again in responce. "That is an interesting name, X'yrin," she thought aloud, her sea green eyes flickering back to her horse. Though the Issor had said she could call her by a shorter nickname, Vlad felt much more proper using her full name instead. She felt this way about pretty much everyone she met, save herself, as she allowed others—like her beloved siblings back in Russia—to call her Vlad or Vladi.

Her gaze turned back to the bird as X'yrin introduced him, and her ears flicked, causing her earrings to jingle. "Perhaps he is more modest than most?" she offered, shrugging indifferently. Either that or the bird was too ignorant to tell the umber she-wolf, and really, either possibility was equally plausible. The Issor soon asked her two questions. The first was easy for Vladislava to answer: "Да, I did." The second one, however, cause her throat to go dry. She... She hadn't thought of that before. "I..." She paused again, searching for the right words, and finally a sigh escaped her lips as her gaze fell to the ground. "To be truthful, I had never thought of what his name might have been before I renamed him. I have no means of asking him what his given name is, however... I am not fluent in the low speech pattern, you see..."

<style type="text/css">
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc: Sorry for the delay! Now I shall make sweet posting love to you.

Admittedly, the female was pleasant enough to converse with. Her strange tongue and kind demeanor furthered the smile on the Nomad's muzzle until she felt her inner self tremble with delight and a light giggle surfaced from her lightly parted maw. It only rose to hearty laughter when her feathered friend was innocently mistaken for modest and higher still when the young woman reflected upon the golden she-wolf's words.

It was common that few misunderstood her meaning, for just as these lands were still strange to her, it could be assumed that her culture was strange to the natives here. She could only imagine how strange her suggestion was to one that was obviously not a native to this place.

In concern that her laughter would be considered offensive, she hurried to hush herself, drawing a hand to close her muzzle and lowered her ears in apology. When her delightful trembles subsided, she was able to pull her hand away though a smile remained, quite giddy and light. "My friend, I apologize. Please do not take offense." Humbly, she dipped her head. "I hadn't meant to make you question your actions. It is a part of my culture that our companions give their names to us, rather than us name them."

X'yrin maintained an open posture as she stepped closer to the dark female, keeping her tail and ears relaxed to ward off the possibility of aggressive intentions in her approach. All the while, she continued to explain. "There is a Family within my collective that are renowned for their ability to take and speak with companion animals. They are the ones that taught the other families how to converse with their companions to learn from them as well as teach them to become beneficial tools to our progression. " She flicked her ear in gesture to the quiet vulture. "I was not fortunate to be a part of that family, but on these lands I learned to speak with my companions as well as other creatures. It would be a great honor to exchange this with you, if only a few words...perhaps for a tale of your origins?"

359 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]
    (--) It's alright! 8D

Laughter came from X'yrin's muzzle, slowing rising in loudness after Vlad had ceased speaking. The Russian was a tad bit confused, not really sure why the tawny wolf was giggling at her, but she tried not to think much of it. She hasn't said much that was particularly amusing, at least she think she didn't, so perhaps it was an inside joke the Nomad was chuckling at. The Issor soon held down her giggles as her ears lowered apologetically. She excused her laughter, saying she didn't mean to cause offense, and Vlad blinked. Well, she hadn't really offended her, but she could see how it could have rubbed others the wrong way. A smile came onto her lips as she nodded in understanding. However, she would clear things up a bit. "I am not offended in the slightest," she explained cordially, adjusting her cloak. "There is no need to apologize, Miss X'yrin."

The pack woman began to draw nearer, and Vladislava in return kept her friendly posture. She didn't want to seem rude and abrupt, as she rather enjoyed conversing with this amber-eyed female, and she wasn't in a rush. Dmitrii and herself had no specific place to be, as they were simply traveling around to see what there was to see. They had an extended amount of time to venture before they needed to head down to the pack of Casa di Cavalieri, anyways, and Vlad doubted anything major would prevent her from visiting the pack.

X'yrin went on to tell her about a family within her pack that could speak with animals of the lower speech, and green eyes glanced to the majestic bird on the auburn-haired woman's shoulder before darting back to her eyes. She offered her a deal of trading some words from Dmitrii for the Kalashnikov heiress' story. Vladislava felt her grin fade just the slightest bit as she mulled over this exchange. She saw absolutely no harm in it at all, but for some reason, she hesitated. Mentally pushing her doubt away she nodded, her smile returning to its full beam. "Very well, very well," she agreed, clearing her throat for dramatic effect. "I... was born into a very rich family in Moscow, Russia. I happened to be the eldest of my siblings, and as such I was designated as the next heir for the company my father owned. My parents taught me the English language and many other things because of the path which I was to take, as their business consisted of trading goods from these lands back to Europe, and vice versa."

She paused, her eyes looking to the skies. "However," she breathed, orbs turning back to X'yrin, "Truthfully I had no intentions of taking on my eventual fate. Running such a business did not appeal to me." A pink-pawed hand rested on the Clydesdale's neck as Vlad pushed some of her mane out of her eyes. "So, I came here." She decided to leave out the fact that she literally was a refugee from her homeland, escaping her parents' grasp by pure luck. Hopefully her tale would surface to the Issor's request, as that was the whole summary of her reasons here in Nova Scotia.

<style type="text/css">
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc:

Stories were an important part of the Nomad culture. More a cherished commodity than the finest furs or rarest foods. The flesh and hide of another animal only lasted as long as it was kept until time had its way with it. And then it was gone from the world. But stories, information, the word of mouth lasted far longer than that. The word was eternal and whispered to the right ear. Stories were taught to the young so that they would learn from the experiences or make of them what they would with added fancies to make it interesting. They were to incite emotion, make one think. Information as well, though its extents were more limiting than the tongue woven tale.

When the dark female began to speak, the Exultare drew her ears forward to listen closely. Her feathered companion was not so interested in the words of the wolf and had turned his head to preen several crumpled feathers. That was fine for the she-wolf though, who was drawn into the story so similar to her own. But in terms of wealth, she could not relate for the ways one ranked themselves as ‘wealthy’ among the Family differed from what she had seen on these lands. Wealth came from experience and skill. To be poor was to not enlighten oneself or do what they could for the Family. X’yrin could only scantly assume what the Russian woman meant, but that was not the part of the story that held her attention for its duration.

“It is not easy to return to the path let behind and the grandeur of the Endless Path is seen. Returning would be a step back when there is much more to see if one continues to move forward.” The Nomad smiled and dipped her head again. “It is my sincerest hope that you continue your forward journey. Too few take the steps away from their believed destiny toward something new. But enough of that.” Her voice piped up suddenly, distracting the cleaning bird and forced him to look at her in surprise. “I shall give you a demonstration if you’d like. Something to establish a new relationship with your companion?”

367 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]
    (--) OOC here.

At the end of her short tale, the Nomad had words wise beyond her age—supposing she wasn't all that old, of course. The words X'yrin spoke kept Vladislava thinking, thinking about how true what she had said had been. The way she told the Russian of her kind was intriguing. It made her wonder if the Issor herself had also left her homelands in search of something better for herself, and this made the dark wolfess smile. It was always nice to have those like herself nearby if she ever need someone to relate to, and now, she had the alpha of the Sangi'lak pack as her friend, or at the very least an acquaintance. She took a liking to the tawny wolf. X'yrin seemed to understand what Vlad went through very well, and it was increasingly difficult to find such people nowadays. Aside from a few faces she had met before now, this woman was the only one that actually understood her.

The only other person that really could relate to her was one she had left behind—her youngest sibling, Nikolai. Out of all of her family, Vladislava enjoyed spending time with him more than the rest. There was something about him that was different. It was so special, and the heiress respected it greatly. In fact she had often taken him to her parents to exclaim how intelligent and grand he was, and how he could come up with the smartest of things, and although the young boy liked being praised by his older sister, he also equally resented it. Of the six children he liked to spend more time alone, and Vlad knew this. She would try to leave him be when he either requested it verbally or through body language, but she also tried to pester him to come and be with her when she could. She loved Nikolai more then anything in the world, and he knew it. He knew her so well, all her secrets, all her opinions, all her life's stories, and he was the only one Vladislava told when she had planned to leave Russia.

Her ears pricked up as her train of thoughts crashed back into reality, and she heard more words come from the other female's mouth. Vladislava's smile widened at this, and she nodded, looking to her Clydesdale steed. "Да, that would be wonderful," she replied, her tail gently wagging. Dmitrii whickered, bucking his head up as his eyes darted over to the Issor. The Russian heiress chuckled softly at this, patting the horse's neck, and soon turned to the pack woman once more, sea green eyes asking for instructions for what to do first.

<style type="text/css">
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc:

By looking at the two, she could already tell there was a bond between them though it was not based in sound, but in companionship. She imagined a give and take relationship, the accompaniment to the horse and a means to travel for the wolf. But surely there was more to discover, just as there had been more to see with her first owl companion always watching even when unseen.

The Nomad tuned her ears to receive the subtle sounds of the steed; his breathing, each snort and whisper as his eye remained on her as she came closer. Her gaze turned to Vlad to ask the woman again in silence for her permission to proceed, then did so with subdued enthusiasm to keep from spooking the woman and horse. Raising her unoccupied arm, the woman made a gesture for ‘understanding’ by tapping the top of her head, then brought the index finger of that same hand to touch the tip of her nose as a silent gesture to ‘imitate’. At first, the animal stared blindly at the wolf, shaking his head and prepared to lower it to the ground with disinterest, but the short burst of a growl from the Alpha righted it up again and had him staring.

His attention kept and ears drawn forward, the Nomad began to imply about the ground beneath his hooves. Soft…long….sweet to taste. The octave was strange even to her own ears, but it was a ‘searching’ tone to gain a response from the animal. Again she repeated the sounds, pointing to the fragrant blades beneath them then brought the finger to her nose in question. Patiently, she continued the tune, until the unmistakable intelligent light of understanding lit the horse’s eyes. The Nomad’s ears perked up and tail involuntarily swayed in mirth. Yes, that was it. She implied again about the grass and heard the animal’s response. Smiling she looked to the Russian traveler.

“Within the sounds of your friend, are words your ears will learn to hear. But for the time…try his words. Adopt his sound and more of his voice will come to you…Try. ‘Soft…long…sweet taste of ground. Grass. Feet upon grass…’

363 words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]
    (--) OOC here.

At X'yrin's gaze for permission to go on with her work the Russian nodded, taking a few steps away from Dmitrii. She watched the two carefully, sea green eyes narrowed, and blinked as the Issor touched her head. Likewise she tapped her nose, and Vladislava's curiosity rose. She wanted to know what these gestures meant, but reasoned against asking right now. She didn't want to interrupt the pack woman's work, and rather decided to watch and learn all she could before it was her turn to try it out.

Dmitrii had gawked at the tawny wolf blanky before looking down, but a sharp growl snapped him to attention again. Vlad did not question X'yrin's methods, for she new the auburn-maned female was much more educated in low speech than she. Instead she stood still, still watching with alert eyes and open ears.

A soft, strange noise came from the Alphess, and the foreigner blinked, flummoxed. Were these the words of low speech, she wondered? The sounds repeated as she gestured toward the grass beneath Dmitrii, then to her nose again. The song continued for a little bit, and Vlad turned back to her horse. Finally, a new look came into the dappled horse's eyes, and she knew by this that he must've understood. A smile came onto her muzzle as she turned to X'yrin. Again the Issor implied to the green blades underfoot and Dmitrii gave his answer to her sounds, and the woman smiled in return to the Russian.

She told Vlad that she was to adapt to Dmitrii's speech before her ears would learn of all the sounds her steed could make. The heiress nodded in understanding, her beam widening as she turned to the large animal. She could try the sounds X'yrin made, as she assumed that was what the words she had spoken meant. With that in mind, she attempted to make the same sort of sound the other woman had made, though her first try wasn't as good as she hoped. Her voice was too low that time. Again she made the humming noise the fellow Luperci had made, this time roughly matching the same pitch, and locked her eyes with Dmitrii's. The horse's ears perked up at the sound, and she pointed to the ground, mimicking X'yrin's actions, and soon her sounds faded as she waited to see if her Clydesdale had understood her new-found words.

<style type="text/css">
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc:

In silence, the Nomad watched the pair become acquainted with each other. Truly acquainted to where the animal could hear his master’s words and not just her voice. The woman’s ears twitched on occasion upon hearing the Russian’s voice and the words there in. They were a tad awkward at first but quickly she was adjusting, and seeing the horse’s ears come to attention, she realized that her companion was beginning to hear her as well. It was a swift step in the right direction, but practice was still a must.

Never the less, when the young woman’s eye turned to her, the Nomad smiled and nodded encouragingly and again repeated the tone for her to repeat. But it was cut short by a more gruff tone. A snort, and then a soft whinny as the large steed used his own voice. Grass…sweet…food. Sweet food. Her brows peaked with interest as she turned to the young woman. “You heard him?” she asked excitedly, tail swaying with anticipation. “What does he say to you?”

--- words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]
    (--) OOC here.

Vladislava looked to X'yrin again for guidance, and received a reassuring smile. She must've been doing it right, or else she guessed the Nomad would've corrected her. Regardless she looked back to Dmitrii, and was thinking whether or not she should repeat the sound for him to understand. The other woman beat her to it, though, and the high-pitched noise began again.

Something she hadn't been expecting happened very soon after the Issor began. A rough snort came from the dappled Clydesdale, and Vlad widened her eyes at the horse, hoping this meant he understood. A light wicker came from him before his lower, different voice broke into the tunes she and X'yrin had been making. Very carefully the woman listened to him, her brow furrowing as she tried to make sense of his low speech. ... Grass... sweet... food... Perhaps he was meaning to say "grass is a sweet food?" Nevertheless The Kalashnikov heiress was thoroughly surprised she had even deciphered his words in the first place, and a grin of understanding exposed her teeth as she heard the tawny wolf speak to her again.

She turned to face the female, her beam softening, as she went over to Dmitrii, gently patting his neck. She could tell X'yrin was excited by her tone of voice and the wagging of her tail, and in all honestly Vladislava was excited as well. She was learning how to communicate with her Dmitrii more than she ever thought she could, and with a little more of the Sangi'lak woman's teachings, perhaps she could become fluent in low speech in the near future. "'Grass... sweet... food.' The grass is a sweet food. That is what he tells me." Her own dark tail was beginning to sway softly as she thought of how she might be able to understand Dmitrii much more soon, and how much she would have to thank this older female before her for teaching her. At the moment the Issor was heaven-sent, and Vladi was of course grateful she had run into her.

<style type="text/css">
    </style>[/html]
    [html]

ooc: :3 Another post and then closed?

The sounds of progress were wonderful to her ears, especially when they were tuned to the sounds of the animal and his handler. Her tail swayed with glee and smile grew brighter as the young woman listened in for what her horse was saying.

The Nomad could hear it fine well, but did not want to spoil the experience for the pair. This was their learning experience after all, and she was but a guide for them. Her ears twitched eagerly when the Russian conveyed what she heard, and smiled all the more with an excited nod of her head. "Exactly!" she exclaimed. "That is exactly right. I am so glad you could hear him. Before long, it will become a common dialogue between you two; a special bond forged by your understanding."

With a gentle hand, she gestured between the traveling pair, setting her own companion a little off balance by her excitement. "You should converse more...and hear what he tells you. After being quiet for so long, I'm sure he has much to say..."

--- words.

<style>
    .ooctable, .oocinfo {

.oocinfo {
    </style>

[/html]
    [html]
    (--) That sounds good. Big Grin It was a cool thing to have Vladi pick up on low speech, too! Thanks!

A confident smile pulled at her lips as X'yrin praised her for being able to hear and translate Dmitrii's words perfectly. Her words following were answered by a swift nod of Vlad's head, and she wouldn't at all try to lag on her speaking with her horse. Just from one little lesson she had learned so much, and she knew that this would be a very helpful skill. Additionally, the Russian believed she had found the secret of how to converts other words and phrases to low speech for her dear companion, and a large burst of optimism distributed throughout her being as she thought of the endless possibilities of how far her low speech would go. Maybe someday she could become fluent in Dmitrii's language, but of course, it would take time.

Such precious skills always took practice before they could be perfected, after all.

The Issor gestured between Vladislava and the equine, telling her she should speak with her steed much more often, as Dmitrii had much to say after being quiet for so long. Eagerly the heiress bobbled her head again in agreement, cutting a glance to her horse briefly before dipping her head at the other wolf. "This I will strive to accomplish. I will become skilled in his speech, and listen to each and every one of the tales he has to offer. I promise you this." She rose her muzzle again, smiling warmly at the woman. "I cannot thank you enough. What you have taught me... I shall treasure it forever."

Slowly she pulled her hood over her head again, bowing her back in farewell. Though she really didn't have to go so soon, the urge to move on and learn more in Dmitrii's tongue was strong. Sure, X'yrin's presence was a welcomed one, and she deeply appreciated the Alphess teaching her, but she'd rather be alone with her horse to teach him singlehandedly. Sea green eyes softened before closing for a moment, and in a swift motion Vladislava swung her leg over Dmitrii's saddle. "I sincerely hope we cross paths again, X'yrin. I am gracious for what you have taught me, no matter how small it may appear to you. But until the day we meet again," she said, grabbing her steed's reigns and steering him around, "до свидания." With this, she snapped the ropes lightly, and the dappled horse set off in a fast trot, head held high, nose snorting. Vladislava, on the other hand, was quiet, with a thoughtful look on her face, as they rode off, off for the way back to their more familiar woods.

<style type="text/css">
    </style>[/html]