There's Bliss in Ignorance
[html]

Word Count ::399 Points:: 3 OOC:: Never said he was bright xD

Leaning against the tree crouched low to the ground Mido hid out of sight of the hare. Taking careful aim he drew back the heavily tensioned string and released, letting the arrow go hissing through the air. The arrow had taken its intended path, hitting the creature directly through its neck and into a tree where the lifeless creature hung. Hell yes! He burst out with conviction. Moving over to the hare, he freed it from the oak’s surface. Wiping away the blood from off the arrow head he returned it the bow’s carrier. He was still improving it seemed with every day he worked at it. The male was undoubtedly much better than he used to be. Tying the creature with other one from earlier to his waist he smiled. It was like killing two birds with one stone, getting target practice and snagging some food.

The warrior was about ready to turn around and go home when a gentle warm breeze passed him by. On the wind was the scent that he noticed during his encounter with Wraith Creed. Since he could smell the pack this well he came to the understanding that Inferni wasn’t far from him. I didn’t realize that they were so close. Why not pay the group a visit? Though the coyote girl he met a while back had been a bit arrogant, utterly obnoxious and stubborn she really wasn’t too bad. Maybe he could learn something from them. It wouldn’t kill him to get know another from Inferni. Continuing onward toward the neighboring pack he wondered what they were like. It couldn’t be possible that all of them were like Wraith could it?

Upon arrival at the pack’s borders he dropped his jaw, uncertain what to think? There he stood staring at what appeared to be a post decorated with numerous skulls. He wondered if this were some kind of indication. Is this a warning or their taste of décor? Umm, well that’s interesting. He was already here, to him it didn’t make sense to just turn around and leave now. Mido lifted his head and howled, his unusual call lingered in the air. The mix contemplated what to say if someone were to answer. Being curious and just coming to bother them didn’t sound good in his head. He did catch a couple hares; he could always offer them as a greeting gift.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>
.K22911_OctIsAFrog p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog b {font-family:times new roman; color:#fcba08; margin:5px; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog {background-color:#2e1411; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#d12e11; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #282147; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... tabpik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_OctIsAFrog-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

Bahaha, I like him anyway. And I brought Vesper's NPC who wouldn't want her to eat Mido. I got his back. ;D

Vesper had always operated well as a scout for the clan; her senses were sharp and her reflexes fast from being a loner, and so she could notice trouble and easily react if there was a need to. Her acceptable fighting skills also ensured her some level of safety when dealing with most dangers on the borders. What made her stand out in the Lumen tier since the moment she joined the clan, however, was that she was addicted to patrolling.

Asher had said as much when she roused him from the mansion, dragging his skinny ass outside and urging him to walk the borders with her. His duties as a Tirones were not specialized, but it was still important he did his job, and he might as well hang out with the one person in the clan who half-liked him. Of course, the dog hybrid responded that everyone liked him, and Vesper kept her mouth shut until the topic of her addiction came up, and she found herself musing over that point even as the young man rambled on about something irrelevant.

It didn’t necessarily bother her that this was the truth; it only amused her to confirm what she’d expected a long time ago. Whenever she had nothing to do, she wandered the borders like an automaton—apparently her form of the rollicking everyone else did on their free time. When she was upset, she patrolled too, and she fell into the habit even when she wasn’t thinking about it. While it was hard to turn off her paranoia, she knew she only made it worse by not just hunting or socializing within the safety of the borders.

There was one obvious advantage of her self-imposed job, though—and that was how speedily she could act when a howl came from the borders. Her ear snapped forward, and she loped in that direction, Asher scrambling after her in his optime form. He started to grab for his bow, asking if it was danger, but she only responded that danger didn’t call politely before walking into the territory.

Eventually the pair of coyote hybrids reached the borders: Asher hanging back with one ear pricked and one half-flopped over, and Vesper standing as tall as her little lupus form permitted next to one of the decorative skulls. This one, she noted, had been painted with a lovely design, and she absorbed the humor of the pretty red grinning skull as her blue eyes flicked to the stranger: a male dog, it looked like, who had a bow as well as a cluster of rabbits that proved he knew how to use it. He reeked of Anathema, but she wasn’t quite sure what that meant yet.

“What do you want?” Vesper asked, her voice only a shade away from brusque.

<style type="text/css">
.vesjcai b {color:#c9bdbd; text-shadow:#080404 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesjcai .npc {color:#8A632D; text-shadow:#080404 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesjcai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vesjcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d3a3a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/U9Py0.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2b2828; padding:0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#afa897; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vesjcai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::315 Points:: 3 OOC:: XD

It wasn’t long after his call into the territory that he was greeted by two of its inhabitants. A lupus formed female who looked like she’d been through hell and back again, accompanied by an intriguing looking male with a bow. The seemingly worn woman promptly asked what he wanted, as she rightly deserved to know; this was her home and he was an outsider. The Eligos knew for sure he came to the right place; this was the same scent he got off Wraith. Technically the mixed dog didn’t want anything, just to get to know a little bit about a neighboring pack. The thought of harassing the coyote girl did bring him some enjoyment. A little while back I had the privilege of meeting someone from here. I think you would know her, a real hot head. She went by Wraith. He recalled his encounter with the border-guard. She was something else, a very distrustful girl full of spit and vinegar.

Mido glanced momentarily from the lady to her companion. Not having said anything he just kind of acknowledged him. She said that Inferni was a nice place; I didn’t see any harm in finding out for myself. The mutt explained, trying to feel the situation out. Watching the cream-white, brown colored woman he tried to gauge her. He wondered what she thought, if she hated him or found him to be irritating. Putting the bow down on the ground he untied the hares from his waist. If you’d take them, you can have these rabbits. He held out the freshly killed creatures by the ears with an over eager smile on his face. Mido didn’t personally need them and he could catch more on his way back to Anathema. He waited with icy eyes fixed upon the two, watching to see how they would react. My name is Mido, I’m Anathema’s Eligos.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.K22911_OctIsAFrog b {font-family:times new roman; color:#fcba08; margin:5px; font-size:13px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:2px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000;}
.K22911_OctIsAFrog {background-color:#2e1411; font-family: times new roman, serif; font-size:14px; color:#d12e11; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #282147; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... tabpik.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .K22911_OctIsAFrog-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>

[/html]
[html]

lolol Vesper is a paranoid panda. 8D

As much as she hated to admit it, being an Infernian had conditioned Vesper to be suspicious when she saw a wolf at the border. She rarely judged them in the neutral territories (at least, not any more than she judged any other stranger), but she’d learned the history of her clan well enough to know how often trouble came knocking. The skulls dotting the border were evidence enough of that.

The large creamy-colored dog surprised her by bringing up the name of a clanmate, and despite herself Ves smirked. “I’m proud of that girl,” she admitted, trying to picture the scenario of the hotheaded little scout running across the Anatheman; she wasn’t sure how accurate her imagination was, but it was pretty damn funny. “Did she give you a hard time?” she asked, her pale blue eyes glittering in such a way that suggested this was what she’d expect. The Creed girl was very much a Hydra’s daughter despite her youth.

She could almost hear Asher wagging his tail when the canine’s eyes flitted briefly to him, and she might have cuffed him were she in optime form. She wasn’t sure how the young man could be friendly even to a stranger on the borders, but she guessed that this dog hadn’t given them any reason to dislike him yet.

She snorted when he mentioned Inferni being a nice place. “I’d like to think it is—but it’s an exclusive club, I’m afraid.” Why would it matter to an Anatheman, anyway? She somehow doubted he wanted to abandon his pack for another, especially one with the reputation and species bias that Inferni had. She chalked it up to innocent curiosity, even if she couldn’t truly figure out what he hoped to learn, and shrugged mentally until he held out the rabbits.

Blue eyes narrowed slightly, but Asher only grinned. “That’s kind of you,” he woofed, reaching out to grab them before gesturing happily to his bow. “How good are you with that thing—hey!” He scowled as Vesper grabbed one of the rabbits by the feet with her jaws, pulling it down to the ground and sniffing carefully to make sure it wasn’t diseased or poisoned or otherwise nasty. She didn’t believe in overt generosity to members of another pack unless it was charity in the neutral territories (especially where pretty girls and pups were involved); this might be a very subtle assassination attempt. Asher seemed to accept her caution, however, swapping rabbits once she’d deduced that the first wasn’t laced with something obviously deadly.

“I’m Asher Thompson,” the coydog said, carrying on introductions while the female was busy. “I’m a Tirones—basic joining rank—and Vesper is the Centurion, or second-in-command. What does an Eligos do?” His amber eyes, one of his few clearly coyote features, brightened happily.

<style type="text/css">
.vesjcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d3a3a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/U9Py0.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2b2828; padding:0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#afa897; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count ::357 Points:: 3 OOC:: XD

The huskadore listened with every ounce of attention as the woman on all fours spoke. Granted that Wraith and he only had a once kind of awkward hunting encounter, it gave him a pretty good glimpse of her, as an individual. He didn’t know her well at all, but felt that this woman was justified in being proud of the girl. The question made him unable to stop a smile from forming on his lips. Oh god yes! She did give him a hard time, and an unbelievable amount of attitude. He made it sound like it was a big deal even though it really wasn’t.

By the way she spoke about the Inferni it sounded pretty particular. He made the assumption that he or canines such as himself wouldn’t be welcomed. The warrior could be bit slow in the head at times and he didn’t completely understand, but it didn’t seem like they couldn’t be on friendly terms. The Anatheman was interested in meeting more than just one person from a group that he knew nothing about.

Vesper took a hold one of the rabbits and examined it thoroughly from top to bottom. The male looked to the compound bow then back to Asher. This here? I’m not too bad with it. He felt that he was pretty good, maybe not as good as some. When it came down to it, he could get done with it what needed to be. The female took the second limp body from him. He smiled confidant she wouldn’t find anything out of the normal, only because he didn’t do anything to them. The male talked a little bit about his companion and himself. Mido glanced from the Tirones to the Centurion a bit taken back. The way she held herself and spoke he assumed she was at a higher rank. Vesper’s humble behavior however didn’t give away the fact she was very important here. Eligos is a master ranked warrior. I’m expected to know and be capable of using all weapons in Anathema. I oversee the training of our warriors. He gave Asher a general description of his responsibilities.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait and the crap post; PM me if you need a little more to work with. Smile

Vesper smirked at the other’s agreement about Wraith. She had to say that she liked the girl’s spunk; her attitude reminded her a little of her own, though Vesper had obviously matured since coming to Nova Scotia. She would rather a clan coyote be a little on the brash side rather than afraid of the world, and she wanted “her” kids to be able to protect themselves. That Wraith could stand up to the big cream dog took a load off her mind, at least since the man didn’t seem overly offended about it.

As the coywolf pored over the rabbits, Asher grinned at the conversation. “Not too bad, huh?” the collie mused, his amber eyes running over the arm muscles of the Anatheman then back to the bow. His hand reached back to tug at his own, though he didn’t make any move to actually grab it.

He brightened more at mention of the man’s rank, Eligos. “All weapons?” he echoed cheerily. “Even blades and clubs and that kind of thing? Do you have a lot of warriors you oversee?”

His tail wagged in the childish way it always had, but Vesper found herself looking at the hybrid in a new light, and it was hard to keep an amazed smile from her face. It sounded like he was asking the question out of genuine curiosity and interest—and he probably was—but the question was loaded, too: just how many great warriors were there in their eastern neighbor? This was the sort of thing a scout needed to be able to find out, and Vesper was glad that she’d recruited Asher.

“Thanks for the rabbits,” the vanilla-tawny coyote remarked, her blue eyes flickering apologetically to Mido.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: Points:: OOC:: Its all good.

The collie-coyote mix seemed like a pretty cool guy, he was at least nice to talk to. Conversing with him he couldn’t restrain the large grin that made its way over his masked face. It was true, he wasn’t too bad the compound bow. He was good, but he certainly wouldn’t consider himself any kind of expert, as he still found it tough to use from time to time. When he said all weapons, it didn’t mean everyone in existence that would be impossible. He meant every one that Anathema had in its possession. The look on his face went from a content grin to a sinister smile. Above all else, the Eligos had a passion for anything with a bladed edge. Daggers, swords, especially the Kamas which were his go to weapon of preference. Oooh, I do love blades.

Asher’s curiosity didn’t bother the huskadore in the slightest, it in fact reminded him of a toned down version of Wraiths’. That woman had asked an absurd amount of questions during their previous encounter. We have a few warriors in our ranks. Considering the number of pack members they had it was a pretty good ratio. It wasn’t so many that he couldn’t keep track of them, and he could easily deal with them one on one if and whenever they would need it. What about you, you must have warriors or something like them here right? He’d gotten curious.

It didn’t take too long before Vesper seemed like she was done examining the hares. She thanked him for the gifts, giving him an apologetic look. He returned her one of his thoughtless unconditional smiles. Any time. No one could blame her for being concerned for her packs safety after all.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Vesper tried to keep the sardonic grin off her face as the men conversed, but it was difficult, especially as the husky mix spoke passionately of his love for blades. She tried to keep her mental notes of what the Anathemans liked and what they had, but it was more fun just sitting back and listening and hoping she’d remember later. Asher probably would, she thought, despite how much he looked like he was just excited for the company too.

“Blades are crutches for those who can’t use their teeth and claws,” Vesper interjected, but it was obvious from her grin that she was just trying to get a rise out of him rather than stating something overtly cruel. At least—that was how it was on the outside. She hated knives, and the thought of them made her skin crawl even now.

The collie gave her a sideways glance, brows raising quizzically, then nodded excitedly when Mido asked about their own warriors. “We have the Bellum tier,” he said proudly. “All kinds of coyotes who can fight in any form, many of them on horseback, too. Like our Hydra, he’s big and strong and—well, really good.” He grinned dreamily, and Vesper found herself wondering whether his campiness was genuine or an act alongside everything else—though it was hard to fake that amount of sparkle in the eyes. His preferences were true enough, whether or not his demeanor was embellished.

“You don’t seem much like an Anatheman,” Vesper mumbled after a moment, taken aback by his friendly smiles. She froze and shook her head as she realized she was being hypocritical. “Then again, Asher doesn’t seem much like an Infernian, either.” Other than his blood, his bow, and his strength whether or not it was hidden; he wasn’t a tough guy who adhered fully to the stereotype, but he was far from a misfit. “I heard your pack was made up more of…dark Luperci, same as everyone says Inferni is made up of bloodthirsty, wolf-hating coyotes. Is what they say about your pack just as untrue?” Her ear perked with interest. After all, Tayui had condemned Anathema in the same sentence as Salsola, and the former had proven itself to be cruel in its keeping of slaves. Was there an element of truth about the cave-dwelling pack, too?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 341 Points:: OOC:: =D

Vesper made it a point to state her opinion. Is that so? He eyed the woman speaking with a little attitude in his voice. Was that the case with her? Maybe she can’t use weapons. Mido spent most of his time in Optime form, hence the weaponry. In his mind they were an extension of himself and his skills. He could fight tooth and nail when he needed to, maybe not amazingly but good enough to get the job done. When Asher spoke about their coyote warriors he couldn’t resist laughing lightly. He was by far no expert on horseback, he could ride one. Just don’t ask him to multitask with weapons and large elegant creatures, he would probably fall off.

Mido’s pointed ears tuned into the battered woman’s remark. Not much like an Anatheman? The male continued to listen attentively as she spoke. Things were starting to make sense in his head, like how Wraith interacted with him. No one ever told him there were tensions between the two packs. He never gave it much thought. When he first arrived in Anathema he was told they were misfits, trouble makers, outcasts and some had darker pasts, like criminals, murderers and others alike. I’m not sure exactly when you heard this. Maybe we were at one point, but not so much now. He crossed his arms, trying to make as much possible sense as he could. We will take anybody in who needs a place to belong. Good or bad, we don’t discriminate. Anathema provides a shelter to some very frightening canines, at the same time I can think of a few who probably wouldn’t hurt a fly. Time passes, and things can change in one’s pack, much like leaders. Alaki and Naniko disappeared, now Aeron was the Angela. I had no idea you hated wolves. I guess that’s good news for me? He cracked a light joke. What they say about Anathema might not be true anymore. It was better at times to get facts straight from the horse’s mouth.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>
[/html]
[html]

Ugh lemme know if you're not cool with ending this... I've got a lot on my plate and a lot of new threads I need to think about starting so I thought I'd clean up some older ones, if that was okay with you. ;; Lemme know.

The mutt didn’t seem pleased to hear her stance on weaponry, but Vesper only let her lips curl back into a grin, dipping her muzzle in a nod. “Why else would Luperci turn to sharp blades, if their claws and teeth were sharp enough?” she asked mildly, and was aware of Asher glancing anxiously between them. She didn’t look at him, though. She’d told him once how she’d been born: single-formed, without the “luxuries” the virus seemed to provide. She was a Luperci now, there was no changing that, but she still had a deep pride in what she once was and how she’d been able to survive in an alien world. Perhaps a little too much pride.

Though she was unashamed of this, she was ashamed about her remark and the paranoia instilled in her from when she was only a loner, new to the land. “A loner told me,” she admitted when he asked where she heard it, not wanting to give him the idea that Inferni as a whole harbored that opinion; in fact, she knew little about what her comrades thought of the cave-dwelling pack.

He admitted that his pack didn’t discriminate between good and bad canines, though, and this caused her to frown. Wasn’t that dangerous? Where was the control in the ranks, then? Even though many coyotes in Inferni could be seen as bloodthirsty, she couldn’t name many that the clan considered “bad” that would make trouble without reason. It wasn’t her right to point this out to Mido, though, especially if it was a weakness.

“Ah, that’s where you’re wrong,” she teased lightly at his jest. “I don’t hate wolves, even if I have the same reasons the rest of my clan does for hating them. Not so much a fan of dogs, though,” she added, and had to stifle a chuckle at the playfully offended look the border collie tossed her way.

“I’d hope so,” Vesper agreed when Mido said that darkness might not be the truth for the Anathemans anymore. “I’m trying to change my own clan’s image, myself, even if others make it very hard for me.” She stood and stretched, her jaws parting in a yawn, before gesturing for the Tirones to grab the rabbits as she turned around. “I should probably continue my patrol,” she said casually, hoping to depart quickly to keep from making a further fool of herself. “This meeting was informative. I made a horrible impression on you, Puppy here made up for it, and we both know the other pack isn’t evil.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 300+ Points:: OOC:: No worries, that’s fine by me.

Not agreeing with her where weapons were concerned would be an understatement. At the same time in some ways or in some cases she might be right, and he needed to be open to argument and differentiating opinions. Vesper had said that a loner informed her of the news. The way he saw it things were slowly changing. Aeron was in charge now, and he was certain that Anathema would do well in her capable hands.

Mido was apparently wrong about her disliking wolves. He went wide eyed for a moment, thinking he no longer had immunity to the distaste. The Eligos felt a little relieved when he assumed she had a sense of humor. It was interesting to hear that she wanted change Inferni’s image. What was it that she strived for? It hadn’t really dawned on him that he could be interrupting something by showing up at their borders until she said something. Vesper hadn’t made to terrible an impression on him, she seemed pretty okay. The huskadore smiled in light of her comment about knowing neither ones pack was evil. They might be little rough around the edges but by no means did he figure any of them to be that bad.

Asher grabbed the hares as directed and the two began to walk away from him. Would you do me a favor? Will you say hi to Wraith for me? They were a little ways off by the time he got the question out. He didn’t expect her to answer him, nor was he actually certain she would bother with his request. Turning away from the skull decorated border he grabbed his bow and began to lightly jog his way back home. He was grateful for the chance to meet them; it was another friendly experience with other inhabitants of this territory.

Table by the Mentors!
my avatar is NATalicious

<style>
[/html]