Let the wild call
She was blended into the surroundings, the femme's eyes were focused upon the direction of the waves. She was near a river reservoir, but outside this river was the ocean. The scent tingled her nose and took away the scent of the pack that was close by. Still she was curious about this ocean. The saltwater was a fascinating scent. Coming down the beach side she came running at the ocean, ears pressed forward as she came to a halt. Her eyes watched as the ocean waves crashed and rolled in on one another then came to dance at her paws. It was a beautiful sight to behold. Her eyes peered around, she wondered where she could obtain some food. She hadn't run into any prey for awhile now. Aiyana looked around then began to trot along the coast away from New Dawn's borders, her nose to the ground.

It wasn't along before a scent caught her attention and she began to root around the sand, pawing and nosing trying to dig up whatever creature was hiding beneath the sand.
[html]

Word Count :: 329 You get a Ves! :3

Vesper spent quite a bit of time traveling outside of her territory; her nature as a scout influenced her to remain vigilant of other packs and goings-on in the area, especially with the two newest factions laying their borders in the north. She also was hopeful of running into someone she knew, such as her friends from the former peaceful mountain pack—but these hopes remained empty as the sun traveled across the sky and she knew she’d have to make the journey back to Inferni soon.

The coywolf paused as the wind shifted, bringing with it the taste of salt as she licked her nose. She’d never been terribly fond of the ocean, only because she didn’t make a point of beach-going like some other luperci, but Nova Scotia was surrounded on almost all sides with it. She grimaced lightly and let her paws take her back toward the coast; she might find a fish that washed up on shore, or a piece of driftwood to gnaw on. She was opportunistic from her seasons as a loner, and living for a year in this land didn’t change that.

The promising scent of a rotting fish drew her closer to the water, but with it came the musky odor of a lone wolf female. She was about to shrug and turn away again when she stopped to sniff once more, her ear tilting forward with keen interest. There was a subtle nuance in the loner’s odor that reminded her of Kiara, and she knew what that meant; another untainted canine had found its way to the land of luperci.

Vesper made up her mind quickly, loping down the beach with a coyote’s distinct gait, though there was a wolfish strength in her body as she finally made it to the loner: a thickly-built creature with a reddish coat. Not sure how best to greet the non-luperci, she let her tail drop and simply let out a woof in greeting.

<style>
.Vesptab001 .ooc {font-size:12px; font-style:italic;}
.Vesptab001 p {padding:0px 15px 5px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.Vesptab001 b {font-family:times new roman, times, serif; color:#b69a00; font-size:14px; font-weight:normal;}
.Vesptab001 {background-color:#050000; font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#bb6500; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... rtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; }
.Vesptab001-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
She had begun furiously digging in the sand throwing clumps of sand to the waves behind her until the prey had no where else to go. The crab tried to scuttle away but Aiyana want in hot pursuit of the opportunity. A paw smacking only to retreat quickly. The crab was nothing to mess with. They had pitchers and pitchers hurt. She smacked it again, much like a cat would, trying to keep the creature from going too far while trying to think of how to kill the damn thing. Her ears caught the sound of a woof sound and her ears shot immediately forward, eyes quickly finding the source. A wolf---no a coyote stood not too far from her. She cursed herself for being so preoccupied with trying to catch food and not being on guard.

The young 7 month old female stood waiting to see what the other would do. What was she wanting? The crab took this time to scuttle, finding a new hole quickly. Her eyes darted to her now leaving dinner. She was now upset. This coyote took her meal from her. Her lips lifted and she let out a warning snarl as she bristled, eyes widened into anger.
[html]

As a scraggly yearling, Vesper had been too quick to bare her teeth; this endangered her just as often as it saved her life. She was still a paranoid creature inclined to believe that strangers were dangerous, but there was a wealth of experience to back it up and to make it easier to avoid or escape such situations.

And so her first impulse, when the reddish cub snarled at her, was to burst into laughter. She suppressed this, however, remaining silent as her lips pressed into a tight line; this line quirked at the corner of her lips into a smirk that slowly deepened. She made no true move, though an experienced and observant individual might notice that she’d shifted her weight just slightly.

Ves had no quarrel with young loners, especially not a non-luperci born into this luperci-dominated world just like she had been. However, she didn’t want to promote stupidity, and so she finally tossed her head and flashed a full grin at the girl.

“Do you really want to make noise at me, sweetheart?” the coywolf asked smoothly. “Can you back up your challenge?”

<style>
.Vesptab001 b {font-family:times new roman, times, serif; color:#b69a00; font-size:14px; font-weight:normal;}
.Vesptab001 {background-color:#050000; font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#bb6500; line-height:16px; width:425px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... rtable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; }
.Vesptab001-border {width:427px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]
Aiyana watched her the smell of pack coming her way. This was a pack canine, and that began to make her nervous. Her ears went back slightly, but she remained bold as she thought of her options. She never wanted to tuck tail and run, however, Aiyana may be only seven months of age but she was very well aware she couldn't take on a pack. That was suicide. The coyote looking canine spoke and when she did Aiyana's lips dropped but she remained bristled. Eyes still locked onto her and wide. She wasn't ready to back down, but she was also trying to figure out what the coyote wolf said, Aiyana broke very broken high speech. She was more verse in low speech.

The words finally connected in her mind and she then snapped back, I am more capable than you'd think...[i] She began to calm some while she realized she [I]might not be a threat. The pup was just hungry and this wolfish coyote took her meal from her, or so that was how she viewed it. ..what do you want? Why are you threatening my chances of food.. Slolwy her fur descended down but she remained at a far distance and nearly on her toes. Aiyana wasn't sure what this canine wanted, but she knew she couldn't trust anyone, and she needed to make it a point to keep herself at a distance ready for anything.
[html]

Remember there's no such thing as canine low speech! ^^ Unless I misunderstood what you meant in your post, in which case I apologize. <33

The reddish girl reminded Vesper very much of herself when she was younger, and the knowledge that she was nearly three years old and so changed from what the stubborn scrap in front of her represented was as curious as it was amusing. At least she’d be able to speak to the wolf cub on her level and understand her motivations where a less tolerant luperci might not. She hoped she could, at least; she didn’t want to be too much of a hypocrite if she could afford it, but seeing her mistake in others might put her in a bad mood as much as it made her want to laugh.

Finally the cub snapped-to, and her growl made Vesper smile even broader. “I’m sure you are,” she agreed in cool and calm tones, lifting a small forepaw conversationally. She remembered wanting to seem dangerous and brave when she was so small, and so she added less patronizingly, “I won’t underestimate you, sweetheart; it would be a mistake on the part of anyone who did.”

Her more direct question was taken in with the flick of an ear, but Vesper bought herself time to think as she watched the other’s alert posture. To show that she wasn’t a threat and wasn’t, in fact, part of a conspiracy to starve the whelp, she took a seat on the sand and let her tail tuck over her formerly injured hind paw. “I can catch you a meal, if you’d let me; I didn’t mean to frighten your little seafood away.” She smiled then let her face fall into a more serious expression, smooth but for the groove of her numerous scars. “I was also curious about you; I haven’t seen many non-luperci around these parts.”

<style>
[/html]
ooc: she primarily speaks low-speech....it's weird but being only of nature I figured it would make sense she she and her mother never really spoke...>.> My post had too many typing mistakes, I'm sorry.

IC:

Aiyana never left her gaze from the other as she was being watched closely as well. The woman spoke, and she had to really listen and use her mind harder to understand. Communicating with others wasn't always so easy. She used her low speech way more when trying to trick prey. It was also fun to taunt her prey as well. Talking ever with another canine was unheard for her. Her tail wagged when she realized the other spoke that underestimating her would be stupid or a mistake of sorts. This made her chest puff out a little. She felt brave now, and quite invisible. Yeah, I am a force to be reckoned with. Her paws just danced a little below her with the excitement of knowing she wasn't going to be tested.

The female then sat down making her feel less threatened by the woman. She then had the urge to approach and investigate the woman more. Her tail fell and she cautiously approached the woman, but stopped when she mentioned helping her hunt. Her head rose and ears perked, tail relaxed though. ...really? Help get me food? What do you want? Instantly she felt the woman was wanting something in return. No one just helps another...surely.

She herself backed up some then sat. "...Luperci?'
[html]

So like... other animal low speech? xD; I don't really understand, but it isn't too important for this thread I guess? +413

The cinnamon-flecked wolf cub walked toward her, and Vesper allowed her to approach without any overt movements on her part. Despite her words, she knew she’d be able to trample this kid into the ground if she bothered to attack her or get too bold. It might be a good life lesson, actually, and it was better to be learned from a good-intentioned stranger than someone really out for her blood. Until that moment came, though, Ves would prefer to treat this girl nicely.

The suspicion was clearly written in the other’s face, and the coywolf in no way blamed her. She still didn’t really trust acts of charity even though she gave them out to pups and females. Shrugging, she answered, “I want to convince you to stick around long enough for us to talk, is all.” She hoped that sounded reasonable to the distrustful girl.

As she echoed the word, though, Vesper’s face fell and she realized that she would have a lot more explaining to do than she’d thought. Even as a pup, she hadn’t quite been ignorant of Luperci existence; some of the coyotes their family ran into had been shifters, albeit feral ones, and her mother had warned her about their strength. Therefore, it hadn’t come as a shock to Ves to see them, even if it always made her uncomfortable seeing them on two legs until she came to Nova Scotia.

“There are wolves, right?” Vesper asked, and held up a paw in case the girl got dubious. “Wolves, and coyotes, and other canines like that. They’re normal, yes? There’s nothing super special about you—well, maybe there is, but you aren’t magic or something.” She smirked then took a deep breath. “A Luperci is a wolf or canine that turned different. They’re shapeshifters. They can change their bodies to grow big or even stand on two legs, and that lets them use their forepaws to pick up things like you would pick things up in your mouth. Here, where you’ve come, there are a lot of them, and not a lot of normal wolves. I used to be normal like you, but now I am a shapeshifter, too.”

She fell silent after that, knowing that the information was a lot to process, and that the girl might still not believe her claims like the feminine non-Luperci she’d met in the south. “I can shift shape for you, if you don’t believe me,” Vesper added calmly.

<style>
[/html]
ooc; yeah...don't over think it x.x

The girl's ears flickered forward and she listened watching the female explain both her intentions and explain about herself--or this Luperci thing she spoke of. The thought of shapeshifting canines worried her. Her pupils widened and her ears rolled back. This caused her to bristle unintentionally. Her imagination got the better of her and she imagined wolves that were trees or rocks. Perhaps it would be useful, but if there were a lot, how did she know she wasn't being stalked or attacked but they hid themselves?

She offered to shift to show here. Aiyana's head turned to the side. She wasn't sure if she wanted to see this in person. It was scary, and made her nervous. So far this canine was not harmful, hasn't done anything to harm her, but still...she couldn't afford to trust.

"...I don't know...it sounds like luperci have a big hunting advantage...sounds like you've been given too much power? When did Luna decide to bless only a few with this...is it really a blessing...or a curse?" Her eyes looked over to the woman. Her voice had been broken a little from little use and it was low, but still very feminine and childish.
[html]

+380

There was fear and unease in the girl’s body language as Vesper explained, and she was suddenly relieved that she’d been the first to tell the child about Luperci and that she was in her natural form (though it was rare for her not to be in neutral territory). She couldn’t have imagined what would’ve happened if the wolf ran into an Optime-formed canine first; the shifters must have looked grotesque and deformed with two legs and two long arms. Ves had long ceased to think of them as ugly (there was no way that Myrika could be anything but gorgeous in any form), but that didn’t mean they wouldn’t be strange to someone ignorant of their existence.

The wolf seemed wary about her offer to shift, and so Vesper held off on that, instead pricking her good ear to hear the question. “Luperci have a lot of advantages,” she confirmed. “Some of them get stupid and try to act like humans, but others know how to use all their forms—natural, oversized, or two-legged—to their advantage.” She knew this was relatively frightening, too, but the sooner the girl learned she needed to work twice as hard to make it here, the better.

“I don’t know about Luna,” the hybrid said, “but the thing that makes wolves turn into Luperci is like an illness, and one that has spread to almost the whole world; it’s strange you haven’t seen one yet. A long time ago, there were only a few, but they can change wolves into them through contact of blood and, uh”—she grimaced—“sex.” She shook her head. “I don’t think it’s a blessing or a curse, just something that happened, and something we all have to deal with.”

She realized how all of this sounded and inclined her head, standing up on all fours. “This probably just sounds like a scary story for pups, but—I’ll go ahead and shift half-way, okay? I will look bigger but not too different yet.” She took a step back just in case and then spurred on the change with that telltale clench of her abdomen, her bones rearranging but slightly—mostly obvious on her forepaws with an elongated dewclaw—to accommodate the added muscle mask of the Secui form.

<style>
[/html]
She remained sitting letting the female before her speak on and on. She didn't know of the moon goddess. Most wolves worshiped the moon goddess. She was the one who gave the voice to them all. How could no one know of the goddess? It was a baffling thing to Aiyana. But her mind went back, back to when she spoke of the forms. Natural, oversized, and two-legged. Two legged!? This was all very, very....she didn't know what to think of it.

This luperci thing was an illness...so to her, that meant a curse. Sickness, is a curse. Aiyana didn't want any of it now. It sounded bad. She would have to be careful of getting into scrapes now. If she bite the wrong wolf, she could become sick. It was a good thing she didn't get into a fight with this wolf, she could have been infected.

The female insisted on changing for her. Aiyana stepped back from her unsure of this and she watched as the female shifted and changed. It didn't take long at all, but it looked painful despite the lack of whimpering and pained look on her expression. The female became nearly double the size and looked like a demon from stories envision in her mind. It was one sight that made her instantly bristle. "...does..does it hurt?"
[html]

+387

The wolf cub was still unwary, backing away as the shift began, but Vesper ignored the bristling along her spine and the wide-eyed stare. She found it easier to gaze at the ground, her perspective slightly changing as she grew in height a few inches. Her musculature in Secui wasn’t terrifying in itself, really comparable to that of a large wolf in their natural form, but compared to the small scraggly coyote she’d been moments before she knew it was quite a change. Her claws sank into the earth as she braced herself, adjusting her stance slightly to accommodate her new weight, before the transformation ended and her blue gaze sought out the other’s dubious one.

The question was a simple one, and Vesper smiled. “No, not anymore,” she admitted. “The very first time it hurt, but I think that was only because I was scared and already injured. Luperci puppies who change for the first time say it doesn’t hurt, though, just feels really strange, and—well, I’m used to it now. Sometimes it makes me a little dizzy, but that’s all.” Most of the time it made her more dizzy to just watch other Luperci shift; while her body had taken the transformation in stride, her mind still couldn’t quite get used to the sight of bones and tendons rearranging themselves.

“And now I’ll change again,” the woman said, deciding she might as well complete the transformation. “I promise I’ll still be the same old coywolf, even if I won’t look the same.” She gave this statement casually, truly not expecting the pup to stick out the entire transformation if she was this shocked by the shift to Secui. She couldn’t quite blame the girl if she decided to run off, though.

Her claws dug into the ground again, toes flexing, and Vesper could feel the little twinge in her abdomen as her body began to lengthen. Her hind paws grew and shifted to adjust, her shoulders heaving up as her forelegs lengthened and buckled with her elbows. Forepaws became hands with fingers digging into the ground and palms pushing her upward, her spine arching and finally straightening as she began to stand upright. Her bristling mane lengthened, spilling out between her ears and in her face before she brushed it out of her eyes.

<style>
[/html]