death awaits, she whispered.
ooc; lessa is in lupus, max is in optime and valhalla is her horse.

She sighed. The day seemed to stretch on, and Alessandra was weary from her travels. Her stomach growled, and now the painted coywolf was actuely aware of her hunger as well. The dame shook her head resoluetly, her hunger could wait until she reached her destination. Despite being tired and hungry, her tail waved behind her in a good natured, cheery manner. Though her look was creepy and fearsome to others, a change had passed through Alessandra. No longer was she the dark-hearted female that had joined Salsola, she was.. normal. Maximilian schuffed behind her quietly, watching his mistress carefully from her rear.

Though she had released him from slavery when they had left Salsola, he still felt that she was her better. And silently, he would love and adore her. Compared to her small, compact coyote build, he was a monster. She was severely dwarfed by him, and some had wandered how he had been kept in check from the small woman. It was simple really, he had never thought himself as enslaved by her. He was in awe of her, and did everything she asked. Her put her on a pedestal, and did his best to keep her from being touched by the world.

Alessandra sauntered ahead, gloriously unaware of her companions thoughts. Her ears perked ahead eagerly as she searched for signs of the upcoming border, icy blue eyes searching every inch in front of her. Valhalla followed behind Max, keeping a close eye on Less. He was a trained warhouse, he lived for the battle. In the heat of the fight his heart screamed for destruction and his blood called for the life-giving liquid of his enemies. She hadn't used him in a fight in a long while, but he was content to be by her side. However, he quietly groaned, his back startng to ache from the heavy load he carried upon his back. Lessa looked back and smiled, whickering to him in low speech and projecting the thought that they would be there soon.

As though the lands had heard her, the tell-tale sign of the border became apparent. The pack scent was everywhere, and a metre or so away she moved to her haunches, panting. Max glanced at her then looked ahead, joining her in the same moment to howl for the leadership. His was a deep, baritone wolf howl, powerful and captivating. Hers mingled in with his, though it was more sing-song, bordering between coyote and wolf. Now, they waited.
[html]

Optime form. Big Grin

The days were beginning to be duplicates of each other. A series of waking up, getting ready for the day and then heading out into the world to get more supplies or going up to the brewery. Thorn had been obsessed with his brewery, the pack's brewery actually if he corrected himself, and today was no different. He had spent the morning wandering through the vineyards, counting posts and doing sums in his head as best as a Russian wolf who could shift into a werewolf could do sums. Thorn hadn't even stopped at any point to eat, and his stomach was beginning to growl here and there as he wandered from the brewery and past his house. Going inside and setting his messenger bag down he ran a paw through his salt and pepper locks, replaced his wore fedora and took a large swig of the welcome wine that he had been given upon joining. He promised his stomach food soon and set back out.

The howl made Thorn stop and listen, ears twitching as long legs moved him towards the source of the sound. He had been on the other side of those borders not that long ago and now he was walking quickly towards them like Saul had perhaps done before. Green eyes saw the large white wolf and horse long before he saw the painted female. Yet he didn't speak until he got closer, his own height still shorter than the big male but only by half a foot at most. He was used to being taller but this time he had his residency to help add a few inches.

Tail wagging gently and trying to not stare at the female who had called Thorn tipped his hat to the lady. She was rather interesting looking, not strange in a bad way but strange in a way that made Thorn want to ask her many questions and become her friend. She smelled of both wolf and coyote and memories of his children trickled like cold water down the back of his brain. Silence and then he spoke. "You've come to Vinátta, looking for someone or looking to come in?" His Russian accent gently flowed over his words but he avoided being silly or too informal. If nothing else there was a scary big wolf and a horse that could easily crush and trample him.

WC: 398

<style type="text/css">
.bbear-fb b {font-weight:bold; color:#182549; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.bbear-fb .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:3px; text-align:center;}
.bbear-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #182549; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.bbear-fb p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.bbear-fb {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#eadada; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/j5XJM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #554f4f; padding:160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#554f4f; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Assuming it would be awhile until someone came to answer their call, she settled in. Lazily her ear flicked, the coyote woman projected just the right amount of disinterest while actually commiting every detail of the area to memory, hopefully she would be scouting these borders once she was admitted to the pack. Though she used to have a dark heart, she could use her questionable skills to better the safety of the pack. With practised eased, she observed the surrounding foilage and could see clearly where the border was. The various plants and flowers were stomped down and worn from differing packmembers walking along the same trail. Tufts of hair and other debri were also visable if she looked hard, though she was careful to hide how hard she was actually looking.

Soon her keen hearing picked up the noise of a large body crashing through the trees, and about the same time she scented him he strode into view. Quickly she appraised her greeter, noting the salt and pepper fur scattered about his otherwise pristine coat and his striking candy green eyes. It was obvious to her that he was older then her, his muscles were just softening slightly in the way that happened when you were aging though she could see he was still quite active. As he approached she rolled her shoulders and settled her gaze brightly on him, resisting the urge to narrow her eyes. Alessandra was still a suspicious creature by nature, knowing exactly what lurked about in the night - considering she used to be one of those monsters. However, she had know reason to be because she had done her research and the bleached female was on their doorstep.

After looking him up and down for another moment she offered a toothy smile, a friendly expression save for the slight tighening of her facial muscles. It was difficult for her to be around others besides Max, Valhalla and Rekyr. Alessandra had grown accustomed to her solitude, it suited the female just as her skull markings did. Judging that enough time had passed, she spoke. " I am looking to gain enterance to your home, my name is Alessandra, my horses name is Valhalla and my.. friends name is Maximilian. We are all of the last name Von Sin. " Even though it was just a quick trip in her speech, she had hesitated on Max's title. The former slave was just that, but Lessa was still having trouble figuring out what to call him. " May I ask your name? " She questioned with a light tone, smiling at him to punctuate her speech.

[/html]
[html]

---

Thorn knew he didn't look the age he felt, he still had vigour in his step and could still do all the physical things a creature half his age could do. Patrolling the border now and then might just be the unpredictable excitement he needed. He resolved then to come to the borders occasionally. Also, he realized, this was a great way to see Saul or his mate. Spending time with the handsome leader would be anything but a bore. Letting a smirk creep into the corners of his face Thorn quelled his wagging tail and attempted an expression of slight boredom. The coy wolf standing before Thorn was definitely interesting and yet the white Russian found himself stealing glances at the other wolf and the horse far more often. He knew other wolves had companions but to be honest this is the first time he had met one here. Back home he knew of quite a few but he had assumed it was a "European" thing.

The female, now named Alessandra as she gave her introductions explained her intentions and Thorn nodded quietly as she spoke. The horses name was rather interesting, she would fit in well here. Valhalla in Jordheim, it was rather funny when he dwelled on it. "I am Thorn Russo," he answered, his accent flowing over his name. "A few questions before I call our leaders. Are you from around here? Your markings are unique and very interesting…" He thought back to his times in Syemv and the questions that were asked there of newcomers. "A hybrid such as yourself, with such… unique markings, why do you want to call this place home for you and your companions?" That should do for now.

WC: 288

<style type="text/css">
.bbear-fb .line {width:410px; border-bottom:1px solid #182549; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.bbear-fb {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#eadada; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/j5XJM.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #554f4f; padding:160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#554f4f; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The male, Thorn, introduced himself quickly and asked appropriate questions. Though they were regular questions, normal by any standard, Less hesitated. She stole a glance at her horse and lingered on the three skulls that hung from one of the many heavy saddlebags. Two were wolf skulls, one was her fathers, the other a stranger that had tried to take her life, but the third was the most unique. It was a modified moose skull, with antlers set into the top of the skull. It was her horses, but slight worry creased her brow as her eyes passed smoothly over her fathers. It was a part of her past that she would rather not reveal, and would lie about when questioned. He deserved to die by her paws, and had suffered greatly for making her suffer.

Projecting a mask of indifference to the question, she turned back to Thorn with a calculating gaze, now remembering her time at her true home. " I am not from around here, no. I have been here a matter of months, my true home is Norway. " She said, feeling her natural accent slip. Usually the woman tried to hide it, but in this place there was no need. " My markings reflect the belief that we have forgotten that we are mortal, and they are bleached into my fur and then outline with chalk so that others may be reminded of our mortality. " The woman revealed, keeping a straight face as she didn't add in she usually slaughtered those who couldn't be reminded. It was hard, keeping herself from going back to her dark nature that she had quelled since leaving Salsola but there were few who would understand her special brand of justice.

Nobody had really realized that the uniquely marked coywolf had been the essence of things that went bump in the night, her body a vessle for the darker thoughts of some unknown god. Without betraying her manner of thinking, she pressed on. " I wish Vinatta to be home for myself, Max and Valhalla because we hold the same ideals. I am from the old country, and hold the Norse religion close. I have honed skills defending myself and my companions, and hold a variety of weapons specialty and hand to hand combat excellence. Max is a master swordsmen, and Valhalla.. Well, let's just say he is special. " At this she let a silver of a smile sneak through, though she genuinely enjoyed speaking of her home. Hopefully this would be the next.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait Smile Please put 'leader requested' in your first post.

Thorn had seen the skulls that hung from the saddlebags but it wasn't his place to question such thing. She seemed nice enough and her companion didn't seem scared of her. Alessandra didn't seem threatening to Thorn either and so the skulls were just another oddity to add to the roster this female wolf now held in the white Russian's mind. There had been a wolf that had lived in a clan not far from the Russo's homeland who had collected the skulls of the wolves that had passed and used them in rituals to bring about peace for the departed's family. Thorn had never thought too much of it but it did bring peace to the families even if it was all in the motions.

Norway, interesting. That would explain the face markings if nothing else, Norway was very colourful and expressive about it's traditions and rituals. Aless explained the meanings of her facial markings and Thorn let his tail slowly stop wagging and he narrowed his eyes to try to understand. Why did this creature feel the name to do all this for other people? Why take that kind of weight onto your shoulders? Still Thorn tried to understand and only nodded for her to continue.

Her mention of Norse religion made him nod a little more forcefully, Saul would like that. "Well our leaders will like that. The religion here is not shoved down throats but it is in everything." He tried to think of any more questions that needed to be asked and a smile slid over his features. "I'll call the leaders but one last question… sunrise or sunset?" He grinned, tail wagging and gave a little shrug before lifting his head and letting out a long howl.

WC: 293

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

[345]
thank you for answering this Xani! this should be short and sweet <3

Saul Chibi is by Requiem!

Today had certainly been painful for the young Virding. Shiloh had come this morning demanding answers, polite as she was about it, and the two had shared as much information as they could. Saul had explained it all and he'd received a lot of information from Shiloh as well. Despite the painful subjects they'd touched upon, the grey male felt lighter for it. He didn't want secrets from his siblings, they didn't deserve to not know. So while it had been difficult, Saul had told his sister everything. Returning to Jordheim had been a little strange, as if the whole place had changed since their departure that morning. But early afternoon had washed into a little later afternoon when their conversation had finally come to an end and Saul felt as though he needed a lie down or something.

Demands of the pack wouldn't allow it however and only a half an hour after he'd entered his house, finding Lilin gone, a pair of howls echoed through Jordheim. Dragging himself up and out of the house, he his way towards the borders. He was perhaps more glad than he should be when another howl echoed through Vinátta, coming from the same direction. He recognised the howl as the elder of their pack, Thorn. Humming softly in gratification that his job had been done for him, Saul picked up his pace. It took him a good few minutes to reach the borders, and when he did the sight drew him up short for a moment. The markings on the smaller of the pair were clearly painted on, but they were interesting to say the least.

Thorn, I'm grateful for your help! What can you tell me about these two? I'm Saul Stormbringer, one of the Virdings of Vinátta. He addressed Thorn first, flashing the older male a grin, before turning and introducing himself to the pair so that they knew who they were talking to at least. Hopefully Thorn would be able to condense the information he'd gleaned so that they could make this meeting short.

<style>
#artTXT {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#artTXT p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#artTXT u { text-decoration: underline; }
#artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait.

Thorn could get used to this meeting and greeting. It definitely helped with the loneliness and allowed him to meet some new and interesting creatures. Then again so did trading and trading also allowed him the convenience of traveling and obtaining some wonderful items. The conflict over what path to take in this new world had been nagging the back of Thorn's brain and perhaps with these new experiences he would be more apt to solve the problem. For now though he tuned his attention back to the painted wolf, her companion and horse. She would surely be accepted into the pack and then perhaps she could become an ally to the brewery and vineyard. What did Norwegians think of alcohol and good times?

His Virding approached then, Saul who Thorn still found to be handsome, and greeted the white Russian. When he had originally approached Alessa he was merely curious about her and her merry band and now he had done a favour to the leader as well. Gathering the information together in his head and suddenly glad wolves aren't capable of blushing he smiled and gave a good nod to Saul. "This lovely lady is Alessandra, her slightly frightening companion is Maximilian and her steed is Valhalla. She says she's experienced in defence and hand-to-hand combat as is Max except with a blade, and she's of the Norse religion." Finishing his speech he gave a nod and added, "she'd make a great addition to Vinatta, if you ask me." Important for Thorn to give his opinion on that matter, even if not exactly asked.

WC: 274

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Once again, the trio didn't have to wait long until the leader showed up after he was called. Alessandra didn't have much to say seeing as he adressed the older male before turning and introducing himself to her and Max. Both merely inclined their heads and smiled, Thorn taking over from there on. She listened as he introduced them and their skills, and she merely reclined herself onto her haunches and waited.

There really wasn't much for her to say, but she thought back to Reykr. " There will be another who hailed from the same area as me, in the west. His name is Reykr Helsi. He also practises norse religious, though seeks wisdom from the fertility gods. " She said softly, nodding to punctuate her words. They had agreed that she would come first, seeing as he still had to leave Salsola and then make the journey up here. The dark woman felt a pang of lonliness, she missed the large mix and hoped everything was going to go as planned.

[/html]
[html]

[349]
thank you for answering this Xani! this should be short and sweet <3

Thorn wasted no time in relaying the information he'd managed to glean from the female. It was always useful, to have those who knew what to ask about answering calls at the borders- it made life easier than having to ask questions that should have been initial. He glanced over at the dark female as Thorn introduced her as Alessandra and then towards her taller companion as he was revealed to be Maximillian. He was slightly surprised when her horse was named Valhalla- it was a significant Norse reference that held his interest. Their skills were revealed and Saul nodded slightly, accepting the words easily. They didn't have many warriors in Vinátta, though a handful who knew what they were doing when it came to a fight.

Turning with a raise of his eyebrows to Thorn's revelation that she was of the Norse religion, he wondered how she'd found them. Still, he wasn't one to pass up another member, another who could hunt and provide as well as protect. The dark female had been quiet through their sharing of information, but as a quiet settled over the pair, her voice came. He was slightly surprised to hear of another, though his tail flashed back and forth to indicate he was pleased. Will we be expecting him any time soon? He asked, knowing that soon enough they would have newborn litters to protect and he wanted to know if there would be a call from him in the recent weeks at least.

Thorn seems to think you suitable for Vinátta and I will trust his judgement. If you'd like to follow me, I'll take you to Jordheim where you may claim a house. We have stables, if you wished to board Valhalla. He informed them with a friendly smile. Glancing over towards the elder white male, Saul clapped his shoulder in a silent thanks, before turning and moving towards the heart of their pack. He hoped Thorn had made a good call and Saul was willing to at least give the pair a chance despite their less than friendly appearance.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
#artTXT .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#artTXT b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#artTXT b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#artTXT b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Welcome to Vinátta!

Joining a new pack can be nerve-wracking! Here are few tips and tricks to get you started. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

• Our information portal is a good place to get familiar with our ranks and pack game!
  • Why not get to know your new pack mates by creating an AW thread?
  • Would you like your character to feature on our member page ? Contact us with the information we require, and we’ll have you up there ASAP!
  • Don't forget to look over our ranks page and take note of how to rise in the ranks (shown in the side bar).
  • Our pack’s core values are based off Norse mythology, you might want to take a look at our website’s culture page to better inform yourself and avoid any confusion!

Any additional concerns can always be directed to Honey & Jessica via the OOC account here! Looking forward to RPing with you!

[/html]
[html]:| totally was writing a kickass reply and then hit backspace. sigh. here's a better one hough LOL.

Alessandra watched her soon-to-be leader carefully, gauging his every movement with the practised ease of a skilled killer without looking like she was observing him too closely. Months of being a loner with only her war-horse and Maximilian had separated her from the rest of society, and often when alone in the woods she would seek out unaware candidates and track them through the woods, disappearing for days at a time and then turning up unexpectedly. The outcome was that she was able to read those in her presence without appearing to be overly concerned, and in a world such as this skills like those were needed, but rarely cultivated.

Her unblinking gaze was settled on him, but at appropriate times flicked away to glance at Thorn and her companions, and she offered him a placid smile as he asked after Reykr. “ I should hope so. We agreed that once I left his company he would gather his things and tie up a few loose ends, and be on his way in a few weeks. I judge that he will not tarry, we did not belong from where we hailed and this seems like a suitable haven. “ The woman punctuated her words with an appreciative glance at her surroundings, a genuine look of affection warming her features as her normally icy eyes drank in the sights of beauty that she might come to call home. Then Lessa sighed, and rolled her shoulders. It was difficult sometimes, remembering who she had been and the unexpected change that had come about her. The calculating coywolf could only credit the abrupt change to Rekyr.

The large male had warmed her heart in ways she couldn’t have even fathomed months ago, and she longed for his companionship right now in this strange place. “ He is a good man Saul, he has a genuine heart and has changed me considerably. Reykr is touched, I think. “ Lessa added, almost as an afterthought. Intelligent eyes watched the male in front of her, and she felt in her heart that the luperci that resided in Vinatta were good people, Rekyr would fit in much more here, just as she hoped she would. Streaked ears perked forward as the gentle leader spoke with a smile, one that she mirrored with her own. Her own bushy tail lazily flicked back and forth, much like a cat that was conveying it’s pleasure. Before taking another step however, she moved and began shifting, and after a few minutes stood taller then she had been with straight white hair spilling in an elegant manner over her shoulders and her gaze much softer than before.

“ I would very much like that. “ Lessa affirmed quietly, and motioned to Maximilian and Valhalla to follow suit. The newly admitted trio passed Thorn and she shot him a warm smile. “ May Odin smile upon you friend, I do hope we cross paths again soon. “

[/html]
[html]

[415]
you're welcome to post again, or we can finish here if you wanted! <333

His own question about the male that had been brought up was answered quickly, for that Saul was grateful. She spoke highly of the male and Saul wondered briefly if there was any romantic involvement between the dark female and her mysterious friend. It was no his place to speculate however and he brushed the thought aside as Alessandra appeared to make an attempt and providing an overview of his character. He could perfectly understand her concerns, though Vinátta rarely judged anyone as an unsavoury character when at their borders. He inclined his head softly, a conceeding movement that expressed his wish to accept her words. I'm sure he'll fit right in, when he turns up.

Saul offered, flashing the dark female a small grin. For a moment the female stilled and Saul recognised the change before she stood up on two legs, shocking white hair clashing with her dark fur. She was certainly a striking and recognisable female, that he could not deny. Her affirmative answer caused a soft nod to him, before the female turned towards the elder male who'd first greeted her. He perhaps shouldn't have been surprised at her words, but he felt his brows pull up for a moment as she used one of their God's names. Of course, she worshipped them too and that meant she was going to fit in well with Miskunn at least, who seemed to get along with everyone and no-one at the same time. My thanks, Thorn, for your help. He offered, grinning at the elder male for a moment before he turned to walk back to Vinátta with the pair in turn.

Their trip wasn't too long and soon enough, they entered the shielded valley of Jordheim. Having a deep knowledge of the village meant that Saul was always able to emerge alongside his own house, where the majority of the gift packages were contained. After asking them to remain there for a moment, Saul ducked in and gathered two packs. Emerging into the light, he blinked softly before presenting each of them with their pack. Both contained a Frithr necklace, a bottle of wine, a hunting knife and a handful of smaller animal pelts, contained in the larger deer skin. Welcome to Vinátta- you are free to choose a house in Jordheim if you so wish. This is mine and Lilin's house, if you need either of us. He informed them, smiling softly and allowing the pair to explore as they wished.

<style>
#artTXT {
}
#artTXT p {
}
#artTXT p.sieImage {
}
#artTXT .txtooc {
</style>[/html]